[FGTA] 2014 RoC - ALL SERIES HOSTS: Please keep me up to date by tagging your champions, Thanks.Draft 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 130 comments

What day of the week is usually best for you to race?

• Total voters
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
GTP_Caine
*click image for link to FGTA thread*
fgtalogo_full.jpg
WELCOME TO THE FGTA'S
Race of Champs.png

2014 Race of GTPlanet Champions
Information

This is a little Idea I have had that I would like to put to the drivers here on GTPlanet, or more to the point (as the name suggests) the champions of the racing series here on GTPlanet. As there are now some series ending and some champions emerging I thought now would be a good time to start an interest check.

This will be a one off race towards the end of the year for only the series champions and therefore the quickest of the quickest drivers here on GTPlanet. I hope this will gain interest and will become a big annual event.

All exact details are undecided as I wanted to see how many of you great champions would be interested in participating in such an event.

All I really know about the race is that it should be a single make, tuning prohibited race on a very tricky track in a very tricky car for the quickest driver out there to really prove once and for all that they are in fact the quickest driver. Details of car and track may be decided by way of driver vote closer to the time.

Race Lounge

To avoid unwanted chat messages popping up with random people joining and leaving the race will be hosted in a friends only session by the race director, details below.
This race will be regulated and stewarded by the FGTA and so we will see a smaller grid and multiple rooms being open if interest is high enough, all finish times will then be molded together to make one single race result.
I would like to lay out the members in the lounge as follows:
1x Race director - not racing
3x Stewards / LiveStream feeds (1 for timing) - not racing
12x Drivers - anymore will mean we will have more than 1 race lounge, these will be done at different times to allow drivers to choose when they race.
Full FGTA rules and regulations [link] will be in place for race day.

Race Director: Will be decided closer to the time depending on championship status of qualified FGTA race director's
Head Steward: Will be decided closer to the time depending on championship status of qualified FGTA Stewards.
1st steward: Will be decided closer to the time depending on championship status of qualified FGTA Stewards.
2nd Steward: Will be decided closer to the time depending on championship status of qualified FGTA Stewards.

Settings

The race setting's will be done for full simulation to make driving as difficult as possible to really show the best of the best drivers.

Start type: Grid Start with False Start Check
Boost: Off
Penalty: Off
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Minimum No. of Pit Stops: 0
Require Tyre change type: Off
Race Finish Delay: Set for 1 lap so all driver's are on the lead lap or stay lapped in the results.
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Heavy
Slipstream Strength: Real
Driving Aids: All off

Race layout

We will have a 2 race format,
1st race grid will be decided on a single lap qualifying shoot out,
2nd race will be a reverse grid of race 1 result.

Both races will last approximately 30 minute's.

Points will be awarded to each driver's for their finish position in each race to determine the event winner.

Points system will be decided closer to the race so that it can be calculated with amount of drivers in mind.

TRACK

Undecided at this moment, I am taking ideas from the community to ensure a popular choice as I would like to keep to the same track each year so that I can keep a record of the quickest drivers so towards the end of GT6's reign we can have a race of ultimate champions.

CAR

Undecided at this moment, I am taking ideas from the community to ensure a popular choice as I would like to keep to the same car each year so that I can keep a record of the quickest drivers so towards the end of GT6's reign we can have a race of ultimate champions.

Please enter all car and track votes here

Current 2014 GTPlanet Champions eligible to race

FGTA CHAMPIONS:

1. @P1K3Y_M1k3Y - WGTC Season 1 PRO Champion
OTHER GTP CHAMPIONS

Drivers with their name in bold are double champions (have won more than 1 championship)
  1. @memto89 - CCR, Nurburgring 24 hours winners (Please only 1 driver)
  2. @jammyozzy - CCR, Nurburgring 24 hours winners (Please only 1 driver)
  3. @Chozza_32 - CCR, Nurburgring 24 hours winners (Please only 1 driver)
  4. @GTPGhost - PURE Super GT cup GT500 Champion
  5. @PASM - PURE Super GT cup GT300 Champion
  6. @Spurgy 777 - PURE Flyin' Miata Super Cup 6 Champion
  7. @SkengD - BTCC Reanult Megane Trophy Champion & BTCC 1 make champion
  8. @Ninners - ToCA Clio Cup Champion
  9. @DrifterJoe - ToCA 10 Champion & WSC VII GT-P Champion
  10. @gippone - Super GT300 Endurance Champion
  11. @ADR_PILOFINO - TNR GT300 Season 1&2 Champion
  12. @richidoo - TNR GT500 Season 1, GT2 Champion
  13. @Izzyracer97 - TNR Le Mans Series Champion
  14. @gtpcaine - ITCC Champion.
  15. @polarbear345 - United Sports Car GT Champion
  16. @Rich S - United Sports car P Champion
  17. @rcb929 - TNR Le Mans Series 1, P1 Champion & Super GT500 Season 2 Champion.
  18. @Ian_83 - BTCC-7 Champion
  19. @snowgt - WSC VII GTO Champion
  20. @V8-Johnboy - STCC Champion
  21. @ozwheels - GT Touring Car Champion
  22. @Andil - KTCC Season 1 Champion
Future champions will be added to this list and tagged in a post to notify them they qualify to race.
If you are in the above list this only means you qualify to race by being a champion, it does not mean I have assumed you will race, so please confirm if you wish to race.
If you are a champion of a GTPlanet series and I have missed it please let me know and provide a link to the series thread so that I can confirm that you are in fact a champion and of what series 👍
All drivers that are on the list closer to the time will be asked to confirm attendance before the final planning stage begins. This will be so we can decide how many lounges will be opened and the points system.

Thank you for taking the time to read my idea and feel free to ask any questions you have and I will try answer them the best I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christ to be put in with the likes of @SkengD is a bit of an honour, the idea is great though, could maybe sort out a live stream for this as well
I was going to talk to you about that closer to the time 👍

Hey Guys ,

This sounds like fun , i would be up for it aslong as i'm free on the proposed dates .

Cheers for the invite :)
Great 👍 glad to have yo on board, I will be hoping to work together with all the drivers for date's closer to the time :D

Thanks for the invite guys :cheers:

I'd be up for this too, if I can make it on the proposed date. Looks like there are a few usual suspects there in the list ;)

Looking forward to it :)

I would've loved to do this, but I lost the Flyin Miata championship by 1 point. :(

Thanks for the invite guys :cheers:

I'd be up for this too, if I can make it on the proposed date. Looks like there are a few usual suspects there in the list ;)

Looking forward to it :)
Great, looks like there is interest from current champions :D Glad to have you on board :cheers:

I would've loved to do this, but I lost the Flyin Miata championship by 1 point. :(
You will just have to kick ass somewhere else to take a championship ;) Unlucky missing out by one point mate, although shows a close fight to the end :D

Yeah it's difficult, but oh well. Good luck guys. :cheers:
Still probably close to 9 months before race day so keep trying and you might get there, if not I am hoping to stream the race live for those that wish to watch, also if this takes off then I will make it an annual event meaning there will be plenty of opportunities to race in the future :D

TO ALL GTPLANET COMMUNITY MEMBERS

Hi all, an extra thing I have decided I would like to do with this event over the years to come is ensure the track and the car remain the same for each event so we can have a "race of ultimate champions" before GT7's release. At the moment GT7 may not be that far away so might skip this for GT6 and look towards GT7 for this race.

As the same track and car will be used each year it is important to have something popular, so I am asking everyone in the community that would like to have a vote to come forward with their vote, I will keep a spreadsheet of all the vote's to keep a tally and release details of the track and car closer to the time.

As the drivers racing in this event are the best driver's I think the car and track combination should be as difficult as possible to truly test the drivers skill, silly vote's like "Tank car & Kart Space" will be laughed at and ignored :lol:

Please submit all vote's here

Last edited:
Back