[FGTA] multiple series and events, all details inside | Always welcoming new drivers and media staffOpen 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 669 comments
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
GTP_Caine
fgtalogo_full.jpg

Welcome

Before signing up to be an FGTA driver please take the time to thoroughly read all the below information and ensure you are clear on our rules and regulations.
If you have any questions after reading all the information, feel free to ask.
We are also open to, and welcome all comments and suggestions you may have.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
ABOUT US

The FGTA was created by three Gran Turismo players who met on GTPlanet. Two of which currently host their own race series on GTPlanet. (@P1K3Y_M1k3Y -> WGTC + @Glenalz81) The third creator, @gtpcaine, is a co-host in the WGTC and the one responsible for our website (currently under construction). Between us, we came up with the FGTA.

The FGTA is basically a governing body for online racing. Similar to the FIA in real life racing. Events run by the FGTA all share the same core regulations, and attitude to racing. One of the reasons the FGTA was formed, was to make things simpler and easier to access for the members of our race series.

The general members are the most important thing to us. We are always interested in what you have to say. Whether it's about this thread, our website, or an individual race series. Get in touch with us if you have any feedback. Things you like, things you don't like, all is welcome!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

OUR AIM

The aim of the FGTA is to bring as many variations of Race Series' together under one banner. Resulting in a wide range of enjoyment for an ever growing member base. With all events following the same core regulations, it allows drivers to chop and change between different styles of racing without having to remember different sets of rules for the different championships.

As we have only just formed this governing body, out current target is to build up our reputation for good, clean racing. Which is what everyone who races online is after. This can only be achieved by our largest feature. The community. It's the commitment and attitude of the general members who make running in a race series fun and worthwhile.

So, want to help make the best race series out there? Then please sign up and enjoy yourselves!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THIS THREAD

Once complete this thread will have all the links and information (including general FGTA rules and regulations) you will need to become a FGTA driver or even series organizer.
This thread should be the main hub of communication between the FGTA series organizers and their drivers for general discussion and future series information. Drivers are always welcome and encouraged to put ideas and suggestions forward to the series organizers and all ideas and suggestions will be considered.

Please feel free to introduce yourself to us, you don't even have to want to join any of our current series or even apply to become a driver (unless you wish to race) although there is spaces in our current series and many many, more series coming in the future once all the FGTA features and details are complete (details below)

OUR WEBSITE

Watch this space as we will slowly be releasing information about our website. I would like to include what features and advantages we would like you to have and will try to include for you as both a driver and race director.
Some things I know are already know I are going in are:
News section - for all the most up to date news and information.
Race series and calendar - All our race series in one place and full race calendar.
Stats - All the series and driver stats in one place.
Media - Where anyone can post their favorite pictures and videos.
We are also aiming to build a full database of car specs and regulations for various types of series using various types of cars at various level's of power, meaning you should be able to find the right set of cars and regulations for your series with already balanced spec's. This will take time and help from other race directors would help with this.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FGTA RULES AND REGULATIONS

Full FGTA Rules and Regulations can be found here

CURRENT FGTA RACE DIRECTORS

Any of our committed drivers are welcome to apply to become an FGTA series organizer, only thing we ask is that you can prove you are able to put the effort needed to host an entire series.
Any current series organizers are welcome to apply for their series to be governed by us, you will keep full control of the series and be responsible for keeping your own GTPlanet series thread and once complete your series will be added to our website (currently under construction) and you will be asked to keep this up to date.

@P1K3Y_M1k3Y
@gtpcaine
@Glenalz81
@azidahaka
@Mini Stiggy
@merlinrichards
@flip55
@DirtyNurbKing58
@Brutaka

CURRENT SERIES AND RACES

If you wish to join one of our series, please do so in the respective thread (you will be automatically added to the FGTA driver list).

TO TIDY UP THIS OP, @Mini Stiggy WILL BE KEEPING THE EVENT TIMETABLE UP TO DATE IN THE POST BELOW.

1fh2.jpg
In the coming months you will see more series and events where we have teamed up with the guy's from CORE to bring you some of the best racing possible. Along with these series you will see lot's of media coverage including livestreams, driver interviews and much, much more.
Below you will find all the links and information you will need to keep up to date and links to their current series.

MEDIA LINKS

*click image for link*

livestream.jpg
CURRENT SERIES
MONDAY

TUESDAY

19:00 GMT -- Fun Cup -- by @iwasere
WEDNESDAY

7:30pm ACST -- Australian GT3 Series -- BY @TDZdave

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

19:00 GMT (fortnightly) -- WEC (Season 3) -- Race 2 -- by @memto89
SUNDAY

18:00 GMT (fortnightly) -- WEC (Season 3) -- Race 2 -- by @memto89
OTHER EVENTS

28/02 - 01/03/2015 - Nurburgring 24 hour

COMING SOON
8i7t.jpg

FGTA drivers

All FGTA drivers for all series will be listed here, we will also be releasing details of driver evaluations so that all drivers can have a grade for easy classification in our multi class series.
Being an FGTA driver does not mean we expect you to sign up to every series we host although you are more than welcome to do so if you think you have the time. All it means is that you will be given information on any upcoming events or series we host and may even be able to sign up before the thread goes public.

To sign up as an FGTA driver please complete this form.

Please also complete the sign up in the series thread.

If you wish to join current or future FGTA events you must ensure your name is on the above list and keep an eye out for information on the grading process.
Grading process probably won't be decided until future series start to be planned.

We hope you will never need it, but, if for any reason you wish to cancel your registration, please complete this form.

MANY THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE COME IN AND TAKEN THE TIME TO READ.
ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY OF THE FGTA ADMIN
@P1K3Y_M1k3Y, @gtpcaine, @Glenalz81 .
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL ON TRACK SOON.

Last edited by a moderator:
EVENTS

SINGLE EVENTS
Date unconfirmed -- Race of GTPlanet Champions -- Time unconfirmed -- by @gtpcaine

RACING SERIES

MONDAY

19:00 BST (GMT +1) -- Super GT300 Season 3 -- by @azidahaka

TUESDAY

WEDNESDAY
21:00 BST (GMT +1) -- Global Rallycross Championship / Powered by CORE -- by @merlinrichards

THURSDAY
20:15 EDT (GMT -4) -- Global Sports Car Championship -- by @flip55

FRIDAY
20:00 CDT (GMT -5) -- American Touring Car Championship -- by @Brutaka

SATURDAY
17:30 BST (GMT +1) -- World GT Championship (Season 2) -- by @gtpcaine

SUNDAY
15:45 EDT (GMT -4) -- Formula 1 World Championship -- by @Mini Stiggy

Last edited:
Last edited:
Multi driver, multi class endurance series Idea.

I have tried to advertise this a few times and will try again here.

This series would be for teams of 2 drivers that can race at the same location for 6-12 hour races. To make this easier races would be just once a month. I know I have a few teams that is interested but need more to make it worth while doing.
Multi class would be GTE and LMP.

If you can find a team mate that can race in the same location once a month please show interest.

Current interest tally:
(minimum to start planning 8 teams)
Teams:3 + 1 driver looking for a team mate

Last edited:
Multi driver, multi class endurance series Idea.

I have tried to advertise this a few times and will try again here.

This series would be for teams of 2 drivers that can race at the same location for 6-12 hour races. To make this easier races would be just once a month. I know I have a few teams that is interested but need more to make it worth while doing.
Multi class would be GTE and LMP.

If you can find a team mate that can race in the same location once a month please show interest.
So you wanna run somethin like Matt´s WEC? :)

So it would be kind of a 2 race weekend, for example the 1st driver attends the 1st race, and the 2nd driver does the other one. Am I right?

EDIT: Ooops, I should read the posts properly :D Yeah from the same location... I could get one

I looked through my old thread and there was you and Glen that could do making 3 teams, 8 would be enough to start planning, so am going to try to find the other 5 teams now GT6 is out :D

Mikey if I can I'm in but just have to know in advance when and where and what cars to prepare and find some one oh and what I can smoke with;)

Mikey if I can I'm in but just have to know in advance when and where and what cars to prepare and find some one oh and what I can smoke with;)
Great I will put you in as an FGTA driver, keep an eye on things here for future series :D

I assume by you are in you mean the multi driver endurance? (after N24 I thought you might)

Please could all drivers that I have put TBC for their timezone please confirm what their timezone is 👍 :cheers:

Please could all drivers that I have put TBC for their timezone please confirm what their timezone is 👍 :cheers:
Just to let you know, I'm pretty sure that if you edit someone into the OP, they don't get notified.

Just to check,
@aboe, did you get notified when edited into the OP?

Just to let you know, I'm pretty sure that if you edit someone into the OP, they don't get notified.

Just to check,
@aboe, did you get notified when edited into the OP?

MB... I liked your message but didn't read it properly. I didn't get a notification when the OP was edited, no. I only got this one just now.

The following drivers have been added to the OP list of FGTA drivers even though they have not signed up in this thread, they are however currently committed to one of the FGTA regulated series (either the BMW 10-10 or the WGTC)

@HMilan21 /HMilan21 / TBC / WGTC
@Tk_Hansen / TK_Hansen / TBC / WGTC
@niftyshifty2 / Niftyshifty2 / GMT / WGTC & BMW 10-10
@CossieYB / TotalSience / GMT / WGTC
@Revoy / GTP_Revoy / TBC / WGTC
@Daniel Pinho / dpinho1975 / TBC / WGTC
@ROB 256R / Red_Leader / GMT / WGTC
@aboe / aboe_83 / GMT / BMW 10-10
@AlexandaHonda / alpalof88 / TBC / BMW 10-10
@quade420 / qrtintheshade / TBC / BMW 10-10
@Charlie A / Warlie12 / TBC / BMW 10-10-
@buck1 / buck_fast1 / GMT / BMW10-10
@Pichon617 / PICHON617 / TBC / BMW 10-10
@Leshkraven / leshkraven / GMT / BMW 10-10
@DirtyNurbKing58 / True-blue-8 / GMT / BMW 10-10
@HAMILTONR / GTP_HAMILTONR / GMT / BMW 10-10
@Fantomas666 / Mr_Bungle83 / GMT / BMW 10-10
@fibretoddy2 / fibretoddy2 / GMT / BMW 10-10

This does not in any way mean you must commit to future series governed by us but does allow easy joining if you so wish. If after the series you are currently committed to, you wish not to commit to other series, you are free to have your name removed from the above list, but will have to apply again if you change your mind.

Could all drivers that do not have a timezone next to their name please confirm what their timezone is please, this will be a great help 👍

Sounds good. I'm in GMT zone. Would be keen for endurance racing but don't know many people that enjoy GT enough near me to race a whole endurance race :(
So you are in GMT, :lol: must have missed that :lol:
The endurance series is just an idea for now, if enough teams join then planning will start 👍
For longer races than the 10-10 we also have the WGTC about 1h 45 - 2 hours (sign up show full but will be opening some spaces due to non attenders later today).

hi there guys
ummmm, im not sure what this is about, im kind of confused. what happens if i sign up? lol
if you need to know i race in GT300 endurance with @azidahaka, BMW 10-10 with glen, STCC and BTCC. im not very fast but i enjoy it lol

I'll take one of those spaces
If you mean the WGTC, please sign up in the thread 👍

hi there guys
ummmm, im not sure what this is about, im kind of confused. what happens if i sign up? lol
if you need to know i race in GT300 endurance with @azidahaka, BMW 10-10 with glen, STCC and BTCC. im not very fast but i enjoy it lol
This is just the main thread for the governing body for Glen's BMW 10-10, just keeps all the drivers that race in one of our series in one place for future information 👍

Latest Posts

Back