Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Tuesday 7GMT

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Tuesday 8GMT

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Tuesday 9GMT

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
I'm one that needs concentration to race; all the race long i was thinking at the issues we had on preQ with restart, davinci not being able to race due to delay of preq race, tob whining, and how stupid i was to let a great chance for podium or win to get out of my hands.

And when i'm angry i drive slowly :P I was on average over 1sec per lap slower than my 90mins training, and in first stint when i was more angry than ever i spun 2 or 3 times (i spun out twice in whole season before this race) and was about 1.5 seconds slower :banghead:

I'm just like that, lol. I need immersion :D those oculous things might be right for me if the don't make people seasick :D

Well i guess i should try to relax, but having to steward watch the race certainly won't help my mood :indiff:

it wasnt my intension too write anything but this pisses me off karsten , you were not affected by what happend , so off course u see the things i said like whining , and i can tell you that i wouldnt have said anything iff i had been the only one who had been affected by the lag , and something else , do you ever think about anybody else than ur self ?? your not the only one who would like too be in the top , try and look up the word sportmansship and at the same time think about that this should be a clean and FAIR race , omfg is the only thing i can think off ur ****** coment , i could say more , but its probaly just a waste off time , bye

it wasnt my intension too write anything but this pisses me off karsten , you were not affected by what happend , so off course u see the things i said like whining , and i can tell you that i wouldnt have said anything iff i had been the only one who had been affected by the lag , and something else , do you ever think about anybody else than ur self ?? your not the only one who would like too be in the top , try and look up the word sportmansship and at the same time think about that this should be a clean and FAIR race , omfg is the only thing i can think off ur ****** coment , i could say more , but its probaly just a waste off time , bye

Take your things, pack up, that is the door -->

You are not welcome here or in any serie i'll ever host. I won't even waste my time answering you point by point. And i well know what to tell any and all race organizers that will ask me for feedback.

I was the First one affected by the lag at ruen 2 mate, and upon review of the replay the worst of the effected by the lag, I you recovered 3 seconds infront of me in turn 11, I was 25 seconds down at the end of the first lap, my understanding is there are 3 stewards on the panel, I pressed on expecting things to be dealt with accordingly after the race, had there not been a stewarding panel I would have jumped on the restart bus with you, but I chose not to as having a stewarding panel to sort issues like this that doesn't more or less redundant, and not a promising way to host a successful series, though I would like to thank you for your foolish appalling behaviour on the text box after the incident as your actions became distractions for others and your retirement made it one less car to pass on my drive to the unofficial result of 2nd place 1.7 seconds off the leader,

However, Karsten and the stewarding team, I must stress that text boss use whilst a qualifying or race session is becoming more frequent, Skeng started posting messages about lag issues when I was on a hot lap in the official qualifying session, as Skeng is a steward I will always try read his messages same for Karsten and Logic as they may hold important information, we need a rule where any messages of light importance such as lag etc need to wait until the final 30 seconds of qualifying and anyone other then stewards using the text box for purposes other then sharing notable information be subject to a penalty, if I were hosting my penalty would be I fly to your house, cut off your hands and your new career will be giving speeches to school kids about living life as an amputee,

To be honest I can see where Tobias us coming from, he could of spent all week practicing just to have his race ruined by lag like he did. Most people here would be asking for a restart, I know I would of.

Hi guys,
first excuse my bad english. I would like to say a few words as a trigger of this current situation.
I only recently started playing online.
After just a few days I happen to come across this club. So these are my first steps in this world.
Maybe it's because I'm still a little less experienced than others. For me it is a beautiful leisure activity.
If my presence disturbs many members, it is a logical decision for meto leave this club.
I thank Stephen and Karsten for their good work and wish you all many exciting races.
regards Gueven

Hi guys,
first excuse my bad english. I would like to say a few words as a trigger of this current situation.
I only recently started playing online.
After just a few days I happen to come across this club. So these are my first steps in this world.
Maybe it's because I'm still a little less experienced than others. For me it is a beautiful leisure activity.
If my presence disturbs many members, it is a logical decision for meto leave this club.
I thank Stephen and Karsten for their good work and wish you all many exciting races.
regards Gueven
Hi Gueven, no it is not that at all.
It is that on that day your interenst connection seemed bad, and this caused you car to jerk around all over the track to other drivers. In youre veiw it would have been fine, but not to others.
This is not your fault, it was a bad internet connection for you on Moday.

Are you online now ? come top the club lobby, i have a room open .

Lag is something that is extremely hard to predict or prevent .

We can check peoples connections before the race but to test a full grid race situation is near to impossible .

If a 2nd person had asked for a restart I would of supported a restart but because no one else did I carried on with the race .

As I have always said a big part of racing is luck , luck is a part of all sports . Sometimes it goes in your favour and sometimes it does not .

The important thing is to remain professional , I have got angry and had road rage or text rage in series and it only affects yourself in the end . It does not help your reputation either .

Results of Round 11

skeng
tdz
kossu
Logic
karsten
jona
filipino
PJ
smiley
snake
pubes
sportchip
gavin
Lapped drivers: Flanked
DNF Gueven

Pole: Kossu
Fastest Lap: Filipino

Standings:
Skeng 197
flanked 190
Jona 186
LOGICLINE 168
karsten 160
Aboe 136
Gavin 127
filipino 89
GTDAVINCI 86
smiley 63
snake 53
tdz 27
kossu 26
gignac 25
Jpw 22
canyon 21
gueven 14
ekke 13
chip 12
PJ 11
thegaz 10
MAB 10
ninjitsu 8
pubes 6
tobias Banned

Top standings With 2 drop scores:

Skeng 197 -14 = 183 dropping a 11th and 10th DNF
flanked 190 -13 = 177 dropping a 8th and 14th Lapped
Jona 186 -9 = 177 dropping a zero and 8th DNF
LOGICLINE 168 -11 = 157 dropping a 10th and 14th DNF
karsten 160 -18 = 142 dropping a 9th DNF and an 8th
Aboe 136 -0 = 136 dropping two zeroes

Stewards decisions:

Stewards agreed unanimously to these decisions.

Lap 17:
Filipino gets a warning Unsafe pit exit

Lap 30 to 32:
Filipino - Sportchip Battle. No action.

Lap 35:
Gavin - Chip Battle.
No action, after tap lifts feet off to let Gaving take back position in suitable way.

Lap 36:
Gavin - Chip Battle2
Unsafe pass from chip that causes gaving to get offtrack. Chip gets a warning.

Lap 42:
Gavin - Pubes Battle.
No action. Pubes was already losing his car.

Lap 44: Gavin - Pubes Battle
Avoidable crash. Pubes gets a warning.

In addition Tobias has been banned from this serie and all forthcoming ones. Repetuted rules violations, improper chat use, improper pm use during a race, accusing Race Organizer (and automatically stewards) of not taking action just for their own gain on track and championship; adding to that unsportmanship accuses is something inacceptable for a lag based issue.

Also coming back with cold mind the day after just to reiterate the offence didn't help in the case.

All that is done is done as better as possible and as fair as possible to all like happened with the PreQ race restart, and it takes a lot of work, planning and minute to minute problem solving. Criticizing is always welcome and suggestions are always discussed. This kind of behaviour is not.

Warning list
PUBES REACHES 2 warnings
This means he can't take part in next race qualyfing session and will start in last position.

Just to let you know Guys, poor gueven thought he had done something wrong and upset everyone.
He is in a lobby now with me and kossu, and i have explained that none of it was his fault, it was maybe a connection or server issue that made his car jerk on track, i guess to him it would have seemed smooth ?
Anyway Gueven is fine now he understands it was not his actions upsetting everyone.
The rolling start sounds like a good idea to me, as although we have never really had lag issues in the past, as we have had a full grid the last 2 races and laggy the the last 2 races, this may be the reason.
A rolling start from the grid would be a great idea.
There in an option in the race settings for a rolling start but i cannot ever select it for some reason.

I dont get tob. When we raced at spa, and i got hit by Karsten, i waited for all cars to pass and then rejoined. It would have been the same for him. And i didnt complain will the race was going.Its just what happens in life. In formula one they get a 5 secound or drive throu. They also wain about it but cant change it.

Doing manual rolling starts is very difficult as it adds a factor of jump starts, also it cannot be communicated well if you don't have voice chat.

Standing starts are fine and should continue in my opinion. Lag happens and can always be mitigated.

Just to let you know Guys, poor gueven thought he had done something wrong and upset everyone.
He is in a lobby now with me and kossu, and i have explained that none of it was his fault, it was maybe a connection or server issue that made his car jerk on track, i guess to him it would have seemed smooth ?
Anyway Gueven is fine now he understands it was not his actions upsetting everyone.
The rolling start sounds like a good idea to me, as although we have never really had lag issues in the past, as we have had a full grid the last 2 races and laggy the the last 2 races, this may be the reason.
A rolling start from the grid would be a great idea.
There in an option in the race settings for a rolling start but i cannot ever select it for some reason.

Get him to run a speed test through speedtest.net to see if his internet is the underlying culprit, I was behind him all qualifying and there was no issue at all, then in the middle of turn 1 is where I first saw a lag jump, I doubt him being German his internet is the issue, just more PD problems that will go ignored until they run out of bovril to feed us,

@PJTierney I have been in many rolling start races, basically all the stewards have to do is designate an acceleration zone between point A and the start stripe, idea being that once the leader gets to point A he is free to run whenever he pleases, if the lead car crosses the start stripe and hasn't jumped then its fair game, this gives a reward as such for having pole position and also gives that 1 lap to allow everything to settle down,

I think to bis I've got all the time in the world four you brother I do believe after replay that you shouldn't have left race 1st lap you are fast so you could ove clawed you way back up I was holding 4th four long time finished 2nd from last some bad driving on track I think ive made my points two the stewards and what will be will be so far there have being fare two me so sorry to see you going I hope two c u soon take care mate

PS eneyone want practice race know

Last edited by a moderator:
for those interested i took a PJ style spreadsheet and made an overall results cart

280mes5.png

I would like to keep on like we did so far. Brands issues were probably due to 16 cars in small track. Last race we had our first lag issue ever... It just happens; and gueven never had lag issues in the 3 raced he had before this one, and showed no issues in Q session...

Get him to run a speed test through speedtest.net to see if his internet is the underlying culprit, I was behind him all qualifying and there was no issue at all, then in the middle of turn 1 is where I first saw a lag jump, I doubt him being German his internet is the issue, just more PD problems that will go ignored until they run out of bovril to feed us,

@PJTierney I have been in many rolling start races, basically all the stewards have to do is designate an acceleration zone between point A and the start stripe, idea being that once the leader gets to point A he is free to run whenever he pleases, if the lead car crosses the start stripe and hasn't jumped then its fair game, this gives a reward as such for having pole position and also gives that 1 lap to allow everything to settle down,
Just in a lobby now with gueven and kossu, ran a 30 minute race, smooth as silk he was, even beat me, that brz is fast

for those interested i took a PJ style spreadsheet and made an overall results cart

280mes5.png

I would like to keep on like we did so far. Brands issues were probably due to 16 cars in small track. Last race we had our first lag issue ever... It just happens; and gueven never had lag issues in the 3 raced he had before this one, and showed no issues in Q session...
I like that a lot

Lots of training tonight in the club lobby at Leman

280mes5.png

Karsten, can take off the drivers that have left the series,
Seems silly to keep them in the standings.
Thats
Aboe
Gignac
canyon
ekke
the gaz
mab and tobias i guess

Last edited by a moderator:
It's better to leave them in. They did compete in the Championship and as a result should be marked down in the final results.

Compare it to F1 this season: Marussia missed the last few races but are still classified 9th in the Championship.

Also consider the following example:
There is a 6 race championship.
Driver A wins the first 3 races and says he'll drop out after that.
Driver B signs up for the last race and gets 1 point.

Did Driver B do better in the championship than Driver A, simply because he didn't drop out?
I don't think so.

Last edited:
Fair fair on penalties I guess, in hindsight for my lap 44 incident if I was to run through the grass straight on rather than trying to stay on track, would I have been allowed to do that if then let Gavin past after lifting off once back on track? (Much like a chicane overshoot?)

Looking forward to another highlight video @azidahaka ! Will you be doing one for Motegi?

On Gueven's lag, I was afraid the poor bloke would feel at fault, agreed that in no way was it your fault dude!

With MAB out, is there any chance I could possibly switch to the Garaiya?
We did have a rule that once you have driven a specific model car in a race you cannot change.
I think thats probably a good rule Dave, as if you could then others could and then what would happen.
I dont like to dissapoint, but i think the other stewards would agree with me Dave, we have had that rule in place ffrom the start. Lets see what they say.

We did have a rule that once you have driven a specific model car in a race you cannot change.
I think thats probably a good rule Dave, as if you could then others could and then what would happen.
I dont like to dissapoint, but i think the other stewards would agree with me Dave, we have had that rule in place ffrom the start. Lets see what they say.

That's fine mate, ive not tested it yet either, but you never know if you never ask,

At the start of a championship 1st race say some one asking change car I would be okay about that. But after that I would not be cause this last race I think worst thing a driver can do lol better the devil you know than the 1 you don't .

Fair fair on penalties I guess, in hindsight for my lap 44 incident if I was to run through the grass straight on rather than trying to stay on track, would I have been allowed to do that if then let Gavin past after lifting off once back on track? (Much like a chicane overshoot?)

Looking forward to another highlight video @azidahaka ! Will you be doing one for Motegi?

On Gueven's lag, I was afraid the poor bloke would feel at fault, agreed that in no way was it your fault dude!

Haven't had a single minute free this week :grumpy: i hope to manage to do something today, but i should really train for race instead lol

With MAB out, is there any chance I could possibly switch to the Garaiya?

It's last round, no car switching sorry. Those can mess up with championship. Also you really want to switch from rx7 at LeMans? :boggled:

Haven't had a single minute free this week :grumpy: i hope to manage to do something today, but i should really train for race instead lol
Ah all good man, know what's it like this time of year, not rushing you just really enjoyed watching Brands highlights so am looking forward to the next! Just curious :).

Back