[FGTA][ENDURANCE][GT300]Season2-FINALE: OZWHEELS IS THE CHAMPION!Open 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 1,528 comments
I like the idea of the penalties and the base models only, although I really like the Celica so I'm good either way for that.

As for the checks, as long as Karsten has them wrote down and reads them in the correct order, it will take an extra 5 minutes max

just a thought,
for instant just assume 15 cars on the grid for ease - rather than imposing such a large hp penalty to the 3 who come first, how about doung smaller hp penalties to the first 5 cars in small amounts , the middle 5 cars get no change and the last 5 cars get add hp in small amounts ?
I know the checks will take a while , but with small adjustments each race it would not be so painful and a more gradual approach may be fairer ? and if they are written down and you post them before the race - and you called them on to the track one by one ?
ie winner gets - 15 2nd - 13 3rd - 11 4th -9 5th -7 then 5 cars no change then from 15th to 10th ie 15th +15hp , 14th +13hp , 13th +11hp , 12th +9hp , 11th + 7hp
I have almost confused myself now lol

just a thought,
for instant just assume 15 cars on the grid for ease - rather than imposing such a large hp penalty to the 3 who come first, how about doung smaller hp penalties to the first 5 cars in small amounts , the middle 5 cars get no change and the last 5 cars get add hp in small amounts ?
I know the checks will take a while , but with small adjustments each race it would not be so painful and a more gradual approach may be fairer ? and if they are written down and you post them before the race - and you called them on to the track one by one ?
ie winner gets - 15 2nd - 13 3rd - 11 4th -9 5th -7 then 5 cars no change then from 15th to 10th ie 15th +15hp , 14th +13hp , 13th +11hp , 12th +9hp , 11th + 7hp

The thing is there won't be 15 cars on grid. We'll be happy for 10. I dunno, I didn't test so much, but I think Karsten has put a lot of testing (and thinking) into his system, so I'd give it a try and we'll see how that works out. ;)

P.S. You have to go in 10s of hp/bhps, because the lobby settings works like this. So it's for example 295 bhp or 305 bhp. Nothing in between.

You can only regulate HP limit in the room to check 10 by 10 I think Logic... Not 1 by 1

What do the HP penalties translate into bhp?

I ran some laps earlier and I was 2s slower a lap but I think I was maybe too low. I ran with 30bhp less so I'm wondering if that maybe to big a penalty.....

By popular demand only the 5 gt300 base model are allowed!

could have saved a lot of time lol

I think the 5 base models is the best way to go. And for weight penalty i understand where you are going with that, and hope it will work. I'm just a bit worried about how messy the reg checks gonna be first weeks.

there's NO WEIGHT PENALTY. Just hp ones, this will keep checks lightning fast.

just a thought,
what you are meaning is already in the rules mate! :D

6.1.1. Success Penalties and Promotion of Performance

We operate a success penalty system in this championship, which will restrict the hp/bhps limit for the first 4 finishers as detailed below:

1st = -20hps

2nd = -10 hps

3rd = -10 hps

4th = -10 hps

The following are stackable. this means that if a driver finishes a race in first position and the following one in 4th (just as an example) he’ll get a -30hps in the following race.

Dropping out of the top 4 will lift a -10hps penalty. This mean that if the aforementioned driver will end in 6th position on the 3rd race, he’ll just have a -20hps in the fourth race. Skipping a race WILL NOT count for lifting the success penalty.

The first and final round are both run without whatsoever success penalty or Promotion of Performance!

The Promotion of Performance is thought to help slower drivers improve and catch up with the rest of the grid. Any driver that did not manage a top four finish in the first half of the championship (6th race) will receive a bonus of 10hps for the rest of the season (excluding final round). The hp increase will be lost after the driver reaches a top 4 position.

What do the HP penalties translate into bhp?

I ran some laps earlier and I was 2s slower a lap but I think I was maybe too low. I ran with 30bhp less so I'm wondering if that maybe to big a penalty.....

That is why I was doubtful of this... 30hp less are a lot especially with tuning prohibited... But we cannot apply ballast in kg?

no ballast in kgs.

-20 hps (a victory) in most tracks isn't worth more then 0.6s

but as i said, we're testing this on monday. I run some tests and things should be fine.

That is why I was doubtful of this... 30hp less are a lot especially with tuning prohibited... But we cannot apply ballast in kg?

No we can't, because we are tuning prohibited. Adding ballast fails this rule. The only thing we can tweak on our cars is power limiter, anything else results in tuning prohibited rule violation.

EDIT: Btw. this is what I consider stupid on GT6: Tuning on or off. Nothing in between. How cool would it be to allow / prohibit parts that can be tuned separatelly?

Last edited:
When will we find out the test tracks? I get home from work on monday an hour before the race so i could do with a few laps on sunday if possible.

Confirmed me and @SkengD will be running the RX7 for season 2.

Skeg was kind enough to let me pick and as I was going to run it S1 but changed at the last minute to add a Lexus to the field I've decided to run it for S2.

Team name/numbers to remain the same although I am considering a change if colour so will update that shortly.

Looking forward to changing to the FR platform after a season running a MR.

Good choice priesty, I was going to stay with the car for s2 after testing them all again but jorn likes the Subaru so we're going for that

Yeah mate, is a nice drive, liked the BRZ but found it slightly more tail happy than the RX7

the lexus was mr ?

Yep, certainly looks like a FR but is a MR, probably the easiest MR to drive out there tbh....

ok race 1: motegi (i's fresh for all)
race 2: suzuka

in race 2 we'll use the hp penalties. both races with 10 mins qualy

I would like to join the series since GT300 are amazing and this is a perfect time slot. I've raced with Skeng, Flanked and Filo before. I read all the post so far but I was wondering what cars are left?
GTP- ozwheels
PSN- ozwheels3
Team- I don't have a teamate but will team with anyone.
Car- I just saw this thread so I'm not sure on car preference yet.

Last edited:
I would like to join the series since GT300 are amazing and this is a perfect time slot. I've raced with Skeng, Flanked and Filo before. I read all the post so far but I was wondering what cars are left?
GTP- ozwheels
PSN- ozwheels3
Team- I don't have a teamate but will team with anyone.
Car- I just saw this thread so I'm not sure on car preference yet.

You're welcome to join :)

Try a few cars, buy all tires, choose a number and joins us today so that you'll get a taste of the serie and see how things go :)

Oh and remember to add me to friends ASAP!

You're welcome to join :)

Try a few cars, buy all tires, choose a number and joins us today so that you'll get a taste of the serie and see how things go :)

Oh and remember to add me to friends ASAP!
I added you and about the tires, is it up to the driver which they use or is there a required tire change?

i am going to sound like a dick but i just cant do the races tonight, just too tired and hopeless to do anything by the time i get back home

Back