[FGTA]Formula 1 World Championship - GT_Vette is Champion over DrAug and xChris93_!Finished 

I'm out of town right now, before I left the internet was down at home I hope when I get back it works otherwise its not possible for me to race...

Edit: I cant wait to try that Mazda thing, I wish we could have an LMP world championship those cars are always cool to race if the Mazda drives well it could be used but I'll have to see most of the VGT cars handle like total crap.

Last edited:
Man what a race! I had to push really hard the whole race. Maybe the hardest race for me all season.
Congratulations to @IMMORTALPILOT . Tremendous pace and consistency. Bravo mate! :cheers:
I had a good race nonetheless. Made a few awkward mistakes though. Pitted lap 11 and grabbed mediums. Lap 15 I went off at T4 and lost 5 seconds there. Lap 22 I nearly missed the pits and had to slow down way too much to get to pit lane and lost a couple seconds there :banghead: :dunce:.
I knew I was most likely condemned to third at that point. Luckily @xChris93_ was slowed down by traffic and managed to catch him by L44 with 9 laps to go. We had a minor racing incident at T2 which pushed me into the astroturf and spun. In 4th at this point, hoping Aug's tires were worn, I managed to catch him and pass T1 last lap.
All in all, a terrific race. Congratulations to Chris for taking the battle to IP at the beginning and to Aug for moving up the field after an early pitstop, moving up from seventh in quali to fourth at the finish. See you all at monaco! ;).

Edit: @Mini Stiggy A great race for you too bud 👍. Imagine if you had practiced throughout the season ;).

Last edited:
I was way off the pace I had maybe 1.9 sec slower per lap than immortal. My setups are off there's no way on such a short track that my setup was the same going to have to play around. I was initially able to do a 1:09.1 on the setup Arty gave a couple weeks back; then I went into immortal's room last week sometime before I left town and switched to some other setup he gave and then left without any more GT6 time for a week. The TRL room setup was slower enough where I was uncompetitive completely whereas I could race a little bit on "Arty". Last time I take "setup advise" from the TRL crew I will have to maybe start from scratch at each track with stock and just 0 camber max height and practice with that than switch to the setup others give and see if its actually better or worse. Wouldn't be surprised if immortal just baited me to switch to some bogus settings and I with limited running took the bait all the way to the main event.

I've had major problems with setup with the Lotus today at Red Bull I was lapping with similar speed to Teambw who I've never seen before in a race I'm definitely off from what I used to do and I couldn't enter the pits on my 2nd stop because it held me then drove me through without servicing as it did in practice here and it happens to me always at RBR the track pits is a glitch! Lost a good half lap and that was it for me as I was just barely staying with stiggy & crew at that point.

Anyways good race guys, sincere congrats to the winners this season.

Setups are like that, in our first practice Aug set a 8.4 full fuel losing 4 tenths last sector, second practice Evo was getting 8.3s on full fuel and Agro was there abouts... but little tweaks here or there can have a big effect... Saturday, Chris's first practice he just got into the 8s, Sunday he gave IP something to think about... IP responded by making little tweaks all the way through practice and then went to sort his car out just before the race... I don't think anyone tried to deceive you...

I had fun with Mini Stiggy and at one point was in p2 20seconds down with the same amount of stops to make as everyone else... but got a series of phone calls! And lost concentration... great win Immortal, what could have been if Chris didn't outbreak himself... and Aug started on softs... suicide!

P.s. my car from practice and qually to the race completely felt different and it happens every time... can we do the old start procedure next season?

P.s. my car from practice and qually to the race completely felt different and it happens every time... can we do the old start procedure next season?
Back in GP2 I remember you saying that your car felt different in the race, so it's not the start procedure. I think it's just in your head Arty.

-----

If anyone has any incidents to report, send me a PM ASAP.

I don't think anyone tried to deceive you...

I had fun with Mini Stiggy and at one point was in p2 20seconds down with the same amount of stops to make as everyone else... but got a series of phone calls! And lost concentration... great win Immortal, what could have been if Chris didn't outbreak himself... and Aug started on softs... suicide!
Yeah perhaps, I just get so angry at Red Bull ring I loose my mind. When I spun in Q on my final lap final corner I wanted to just smash my TV lol, I was on maybe my only ever 1:08.xx lap then. That track just makes me want to nuke it on the nuke map sometimes! It was like Mardrid was to me in GT5, just cant get it right.

Hopefully I can get back to my old veys but Monaco is another bad track for me. Anyways congrats to immortal for his crazy speed, if he managed to do that with an inferior setup to agro & company thats beyond my comprehension.

I agree with stiggy, its probably just in your head. But with my 6 year old wheel the motors do get weaker when they got hot so maybe thats what your feeling?

Was a really fun racing day yesterday, annoying but fun. I felt I had pretty good pace with a setup I hadn't used before but braking and low speed cornering at t2 and t3 hurt me a little bit. Had a pretty decent start and took the lead for a couple of seconds lol then I realised I was racing next to Immortal and tried too hard to cover my line and outbraked myself...

Held on and managed to stay within 2s of immortal and was catching him during the 2nd stint; then we pitted and immortal gained some time with his better pit box position, which kind of annoyed me a little bit. But then I caught up behind stiggy and arty, was paranoid I'd lose time and outbraked myself overtaking arty and went straight into the gravel, which cost me my shot at immortal. It was great to race with him at the limit for so long and we were matching sector times mostly up to that point, however his consistency was impressive throughout the race. Then I was in a bit more traffic and fighting with aug and agro.

Was a lot of fun racing with them too and we had some good wheel to wheel battles, just unfortunate myself and agro never had the chance to fight it out at the end because he spun on the astro turf on t2 when we were fighting for the place; was looking forward to battling it out!

One thing I've learned from this championship is the importance of strategy and tyre management, I'm still getting used to it and I'll take it with me to future championships because this has really been a "learning" season for me. The pace has been really strong and I've struggled to make good strategic decisions. Yesterday myself and agro re raced Suzuka which was a really fun race, but I screwed myself over with strategy after having pole and the race lead up to the last lap yet decided on a risky 1 stop instead of a 2 stop to try to be smart :/ Safe to say it backfired and cost me big time lol and I ran out of tyres in s2 on the last lap.....

Looking forward to our next championship now though lol :) and hopefully I'll be able to really fight with Immortal for a whole race next time, it's crazy how it's possible to let it get to you when you're racing closely with him. It's a pretty decent advantage to have, but also motivates you to drive faster. :P

Last edited:
it's crazy how it's possible to let it get to you when you're racing closely with him. It's a pretty decent advantage to have, but also motivates you to drive faster. :P

I know that feeling, back in Monza we had a great race trading places at the chicanes and on the straights, sadly i got a pitstop penalty but he was kind enough to SC to give me a New chance. I managed to hold on to him and just missing out on the fastest lap by a tenth. i believe @IMMORTALPILOT hit a high 15 on 850 bhp.
He made me push too hard so i spun out on the last lap, staggering consistency i agree:P

I know that feeling, back in Monza we had a great race trading places at the chicanes and on the straights, sadly i got a pitstop penalty but he was kind enough to SC to give me a New chance. I managed to hold on to him and just missing out on the fastest lap by a tenth. i believe @IMMORTALPILOT hit a high 15 on 850 bhp.
He made me push too hard so i spun out on the last lap, staggering consistency i agree:P
It happened to me too at the 30 lapper at RBR. I got in front first(second?) lap and made a few bobbles half a lap later and then, IP passes and off he goes into the sunset! You can feel him hunting you instantly like an eagle that just spot a rabbit :lol:. Next thing that rabbit does is slip on the grass and is passed by IP.

I'd like a race every week, so how about fgt (argh!) one week lotus the next... the only thing about full power lotus us tyrewear, if we offed that and had two compulsory stops... I think the racing would be crazy, pushing every lap!

Important Announcement:
With one round to go, I would like to thank everyone who took part in this series. With the exception of a couple races, we always had decent sized grids, which I'm very happy with. Unfortunately, I don't have the motivation to host another series. If one of you want to host something, go for it. So let's make January 11th's(my birthday, so let me win:sly:) race at Monaco a good one.

I'd like a race every week, so how about fgt (argh!) one week lotus the next... the only thing about full power lotus us tyrewear, if we offed that and had two compulsory stops... I think the racing would be crazy, pushing every lap!
Or another Extreme F1 championship with different cars for each race, the Lotus, Red bull, FGT. That would be interesting I remember how interesting some of the races were with people being skilled on one car and average on another a real back & forth. The surreptitious car is the FGT, that one could mix the standings up a bit although we have seen some different orders this season from what was typical in the past.

Last edited:
My PS3 crashed last time I was on, booted it up a few days ago, got into the game and then it shut itself off, yellow flash of death or whatever they call it... second PS3 in a few months lol Don't know if I'll be back for Sunday's race but it doesn't look likely :(

My PS3 crashed last time I was on, booted it up a few days ago, got into the game and then it shut itself off, yellow flash of death or whatever they call it... second PS3 in a few months lol Don't know if I'll be back for Sunday's race but it doesn't look likely :(
Where are you buying your PS3s from? Mine is from 2010 still going strong with probably 1500 hrs of use+.... Back in the start of GT5 I even left it on for several 24 hour B-spec races.

oh no m8 :( is it overheating?

haven't even looked at Monaco yet probably in for another slow run, this time I'll be patient though and just keep going. 46 laps I see, not too bad should be about a 60 min race. Whats a good lap? I dont think I've EVER driven the Lotus at Monaco on 850 hp. I might have done like 5 laps once on full power months ago. :lol:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back