[FGTA]Formula 1 World Championship - GT_Vette is Champion over DrAug and xChris93_!Finished 

Any good setup for Spa? I've totaled about 5 laps yesterday, slowly pain is going away, looking to try and wing it on Sunday with minimal practice.

Any good setup for Spa? I've totaled about 5 laps yesterday, slowly pain is going away, looking to try and wing it on Sunday with minimal practice.

I am using a variation of 60 55 20 26 7 7 6 6 7 7 0 0 -.4 -.35 5 10 6 1500 df 1690, you might want to experiment with df... I've tried extremely low downforce to enable me not to get passed down the straight and overtake people comfortably whilst being decent in the S2... but... I might not use it for the race because we're RTRosso, and yesterday at Apricot Hill our new setup (non DRH) scored us a 1-2, well driven Mr Bresson!!! :D

In a ten minute qualifier I did a 46.2 and probably without mistakes a mid-45, but maybe I am just slow... the front runners will probably all qualify in mid 44s, and on the absolute perfect lap, 43.8...

I can't run anything quicker than a 47.8. I took aero off the back of my car to get more speed and it ran slower. WTF?

Always make sure your chassis is fresh, and your power limiter is at 850bhp, also low aero can mean less traction out of corners and more sliding mid-corner so it can work out slower if the rest of the car is not balanced up... I think the leading cars will run 1650 to 1670... but there is always a compromise...

You'll be okay, that's a decent time and you and I will be fighting on track... and if they leaders are close they'll slow each other up and we'll have a chance to outwit them...

What I'd advise though... is during practice today or tomorrow, jump onboard for a lap or two, Aug, Immortal, Evo, Chris or Agro and see the lines they take and their entry and apex speeds... and what gears they take the corners... I know I will...

I can't run anything quicker than a 47.8. I took aero off the back of my car to get more speed and it ran slower. WTF?
1700 on the rear seems to be better than 1650. The suspension seems to be what's creating the improved handling that Agro & company have, they are able to fiddle and use super low rear wing as their suspension setup improves the grip on the rear.

There was a setup glitch a while back I never learned what it was but it was a "miracle" handling improvement I never found out what it was immortal never shared it with me. If you search "Setup glitch" in the tuning its no where so its a select few who got to use it and I honestly dont know about it. I dont care enough anymore to find out about it but it may still exist for all I know.

Like any setup, a combination of things allow different wings and lower down force. The first is power limiter, the because we are running less power the car requires less down force for the rear to break away. The second is L S D, running sub 20 sensitivities again prevents traction loss. Third, the suspension, from one track to the next this changes, we tend to work with existing base tunes (like 7 4 4 7 1 3, 6 6 5 5 7 7, etc) and tune them to the track.

We know 1400 1500 is the fastest 1 lap df for Spa, if only we could tune it to last sector 2 for a whole stint... 43.9 qually simulation but it is risky going into the race with that.

You'll be fine Rocky, you were great around Spa and were keeping pace with Evo and Immortal in places, won a few races too...

Well I had for the most part mistake free run, but just slow slow slow. Right before the start I decided to try stock aero kit and it was 1 mph slower down the straight, needed that mph to beat arty....damn :banghead: This whole season just :banghead:

Looking at the time gap to immortal I was really not far off on overall race pace but the Lotus is tighter than the Ferrari F1s were as you cant push without destroying the tries so I'd have probably been 2 mins down if immortal could push hard.

Yeah it was a great race from my point of view, I intentionally didn't overheat my tyres off the start line (even if it meant losing a place or two) and from there I was really racy... by the end of the second stint (start of lap 15 I think) I was 18-20 seconds behind the leader and thinking YES!!! Fighting with Mustard, Evo and Chris at times, add another 20 seconds and an extra pit stop put me 1m11s back from Immortal, not bad not bad... :)

I also made a last minute aero change to the car, but mine worked out really well :)

At the Red Bull Ring we've seen times of mid 8s already on full fuel, targeting times of mid to high 7s for full fuel...

At the Red Bull Ring we've seen times of mid 8s already on full fuel, targeting times of mid to high 7s for full fuel...
Aughablo was cruising I spent a fair amount of time at 4 secs down a lap until I adjusted my downforce up to 1750 from 1700. Weird the taller gears help acceleration but lower top speed like a form of traction control. Might have to try some hybrid gears with tallest 1/2/3 and short 4/5. I as well was surprised to see various DF settings much the same Red bull ring is really really hard in this game the kerbs are an electric fence as soon as you hit one you get a shock LOL. I hope I can master turn 1 for Q that might move me up some places if I can get lucky. :sly: Otherwise I'm 1.5 sec off as usual. Getting the whole course right is so hard, the track I think is less grippy than IRL they would run wide on that final sector and in game if you run wide your pretty much screwed.

Aughablo was cruising I spent a fair amount of time at 4 secs down a lap until I adjusted my downforce up to 1750 from 1700. Weird the taller gears help acceleration but lower top speed like a form of traction control. Might have to try some hybrid gears with tallest 1/2/3 and short 4/5. I as well was surprised to see various DF settings much the same Red bull ring is really really hard in this game the kerbs are an electric fence as soon as you hit one you get a shock LOL. I hope I can master turn 1 for Q that might move me up some places if I can get lucky. :sly: Otherwise I'm 1.5 sec off as usual. Getting the whole course right is so hard, the track I think is less grippy than IRL they would run wide on that final sector and in game if you run wide your pretty much screwed.

about that last corner , you have to go out as wide as you can and carry as much speed as possible on the entry so re accelerating doesn't affects the car too much ...

I'm not sure how many can make it on Dec 28th, I will be coming back home the day before (visiting family away from the 23rd) but I may not be back! I dont know is it ok to have a race on the 28th guys?

Round 7 -- Spa
Race Results

Huge thanks to those that attended.

Congrats to @IMMORTALPILOT for the win

Well done to all those that finished.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonus Points

Pole Position
@IMMORTALPILOT
1:44.660
Fastest Lap

@IMMORTALPILOT
1:44.368
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Results:

Championship tables can be found here.

Stewards Report

-

Race Director Notes

Drivers brief for Red Bull Ring coming soon.

Drivers Brief:
Red Bull Ring
Sunday, December 28, 2014
15:00 EST(GMT -5)Room Open

Laps: 53
Classifiable laps: 40
Weather/Changeability/Surface water: 0/0/0

Pit entry:
Pit entry is on drivers right after the second to last corner. It can be tricky, so make sure you practice it.

Pit exit:
You exit the pits after T1. Make sure you avoid traffic.

Other Notes:
Good luck, and see you there!

Back