Italy
Italy
karsten_beoulve
fgtalogo_full-jpg.159669

pCWKXRa.jpg

iEzymxi.jpg

rstAK1Z.jpg

6QhUdSj.jpg

This is season Zero rules may be changed along the serie and the serie itself will be short; its reason to be is to understand how well the format works and how would drivers fare with the rules. So have fun in it and feel free to suggest changes.

What is this:
This is a serie trying to replicate the F3 season of the late '80s.

Available spots:
24 spots in 8 teams. 2 drivers per team + 1 reserve per team to ensure full grids

Team's reserve can fill in for any open grid spot.

Racing Rules:
NO AIDS ALLOWED (no srf, no abs, no driving line etc etc)
Racing hard only tires
3 races per week. Race one start is based on qualifying results. Race 2 is same order as race 1 standings. race 3 is reverse grid from race 2
draft set to real
grip real
Jumps starts enabled

Race Lenghts:
Race 1: 20 minutes
Race 2: 15 minutes
Race 3: 30 Minutes

Race 1 and 3
25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1

Race 2
12-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Fastest lap in each of the 3 races: 1 points

Last edited:
DRIVER'S ENTRY LIST

@azidahaka/karsten_beoulve/Scuderia Fronzini
@BAZZER
@Stephen Vann
@pyrates
@BAKEMISTER
@RyanRacer

TUNING GARAGES ENTRIES
@Motor City Hami / Motor City Tunes
@Gino Caberlin / Gino's Garage
@MrGrado / Aardvark Garage
@DriftinAssassin / HighOctane Tuning

Tuning garages will provide a base setup and a new setup each week if needed; Drivers partecipating should state before race which tune from which garage they are using. This allows to create a tuning garage championship too.

Last edited:
1 hour enduros or two 30 minute Sprints per race day.
enduros require a pit stop. Sprints do not and the 2nd Sprint is based off of reverse race order.

1 hour enduros or two 30 minute Sprints per race day.
enduros require a pit stop. Sprints do not and the 2nd Sprint is based off of reverse race order.

Yeah I like this kind of format. 1h and 20 min for instance.

my idea was to have 2 30 mins races with race 2 with reverse finishing order. this would provide 2 close races without anyone fleeing minutes away....

these cars really allow little space for errors and a better driver can mean 3-4seconds to an average one and i do not want loads of lapped people fleeing the serie early lol

my idea was to have 2 30 mins races with race 2 with reverse finishing order. this would provide 2 close races without anyone fleeing minutes away....

these cars really allow little space for errors and a better driver can mean 3-4seconds to an average one and i do not want loads of lapped people fleeing the serie early lol

Sounds good. I would also make it a stock series without tuning.

I'm completely against using a street tire on a race car.

Tuning is a part of racing even in spec series. So I want tuning to be allowed. If people don't want it because they can't tune or don't like putting in the time to understand it then maybe some of the fast people would be willing to post there tunes or maybe a base tune that other drivers can make their own from. The F3 has crazy understeer with the stock tune.

I'd be interested if it's monday. I would only want to do it if it's a tuning series, as I love the challenge of finding a good tune. I can post a base tune if need be.

Thanks for feedbacks and interests! :)

Can any of you tuner guys posts time comparisons of lap times with tuned and untuned setup? In my experience a good tune means seconds on most tracks and way easier driveability giving an enormous edge over other drivers.

One idea i had was to involve a few of the tuning garages as "team sponsors" or basic tunes providers... But i never had any contact with any tuning garage before.

If we allow tuning we can use ballast as success penalty, i guess that 10kgs can be felt in such a light car?

Would you be able to create your own tunes? I don't like pasting a tune on a car as I feel it misses an entire portion of the game. I am fine with others doing so, but half the challenge for me is finding a good tune myself. I don't advertise my tunes on this site though, so I wouldn't be considered a tuning garage.

This would be like a Marrusia team (using the F1 analogy) where you kinda got what you got and no real factory support. I dont mind being an independent.

Would you be able to create your own tunes? I don't like pasting a tune on a car as I feel it misses an entire portion of the game. I am fine with others doing so, but half the challenge for me is finding a good tune myself. I don't advertise my tunes on this site though, so I wouldn't be considered a tuning garage.

This would be like a Marrusia team (using the F1 analogy) where you kinda got what you got and no real factory support. I dont mind being an independent.

Sure, i see no problem with it...

I may be running some tests later on today, so all interested driver feel free to join!

i'll be online since 19:00GMT for some super GT300 training and afterwards like at 20:00GMT i'll start testing for F3 on various tracks to check which ones are the most suitable for the upcoming season

I was studying the 1983 F3 championship i got aware of these new infos;

The championship comprises ten rounds, each with three races. The scoring system arranged as follows:

25 18 15 12 10 8 6 4 2 1

Race 2

12 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

A bonus point is awarded for the fastest race lap in each class for all three races.

The event schedule takes place over three days (normally Friday to Sunday) with testing or free practice sessions on the first day, a 30' qualifying session and race 1 of 30' on the second day. The third day has two races, race 2 of 20' and race 3 of 40'.

The qualifying session determines the starting order for races 1 and 3, where the driver's fastest time determines the grid for race 3, and the second fastest time the grid for race 1.
I do like the first 10 scores points rule and more points forwinning the 2 longer races too.

What i wonder is; do we want 3 races? maybe 3 in one day of that lenght is a bit too much?
would race 1 of 25', race 2 of 15' and race 3 of 30' be more suitable? ( for a total of 1:10 of racing time that might be a bit too much? maybe 20/10/25 for a total of 55minutes of race)

Certainly a three race per week format might be preferred if we choose to got with damage: Real and could help in case of disconnections...

also i'm not sure i understand what the phrase about the qualifying and fastest time means :D

as always; thoughts? suggestions?

Certainly a three race per week format might be preferred if we choose to got with damage: Real and could help in case of disconnections...

As in people's disconnections and ragequits would be more understandable since they would be all like "I ain't driving with no damage," and then disconnect/ragequit?

i just meant that if you have a "bad" race or get caught in a crash you have 2 other races to make up for them instead of just quitting

Back