Finished [FGTA][Formula3][Season Zero]cancelled due to lack of interest

Discussion in 'GT6 Racing Series' started by azidahaka, Jun 3, 2014.

1. azidahaka

azidahaka

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is season Zero rules may be changed along the serie and the serie itself will be short; its reason to be is to understand how well the format works and how would drivers fare with the rules. So have fun in it and feel free to suggest changes.

What is this:
    This is a serie trying to replicate the F3 season of the late '80s.

Available spots:
    24 spots in 8 teams. 2 drivers per team + 1 reserve per team to ensure full grids

Team's reserve can fill in for any open grid spot.

Racing Rules:
    NO AIDS ALLOWED (no srf, no abs, no driving line etc etc)
    Racing hard only tires
    3 races per week. Race one start is based on qualifying results. Race 2 is same order as race 1 standings. race 3 is reverse grid from race 2
    draft set to real
    grip real
    Jumps starts enabled

Race Lenghts:
    Race 1: 20 minutes
    Race 2: 15 minutes
    Race 3: 30 Minutes

Race 1 and 3
    25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1

Race 2
    12-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Fastest lap in each of the 3 races: 1 points

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    Toshost likes this.
  2. azidahaka

azidahaka

DRIVER'S ENTRY LIST

@azidahaka/karsten_beoulve/Scuderia Fronzini
    @BAZZER
    @Stephen Vann
    @pyrates
    @BAKEMISTER
    @RyanRacer

TUNING GARAGES ENTRIES
    @Motor City Hami / Motor City Tunes
    @Gino Caberlin / Gino's Garage
    @MrGrado / Aardvark Garage
    @DriftinAssassin / HighOctane Tuning

Tuning garages will provide a base setup and a new setup each week if needed; Drivers partecipating should state before race which tune from which garage they are using. This allows to create a tuning garage championship too.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  3. azidahaka

azidahaka

Reserved2

4. Brutaka

Brutaka

I will see if I can make this. If I do join, You can probably guess what my team name will be :p

5. azidahaka

azidahaka

uhuhuhuh :D Team Brutaka? :D

add me to friends, rooms are friends-only ;)

Brutaka likes this.
  6. pyrates

pyrates

Count me in karsten. As far as time slot is concerned, I'm fine with either.

azidahaka likes this.
  7. azidahaka

azidahaka

@pyrates @Brutaka
    do you have any suggestions concerning the format?

8. pyrates

pyrates

Do you plan on making both races the same length or a main race and sprint race format?

9. Brutaka

Brutaka

1 hour enduros or two 30 minute Sprints per race day.
    enduros require a pit stop. Sprints do not and the 2nd Sprint is based off of reverse race order.

pyrates likes this.
  10. pyrates

pyrates

Yeah I like this kind of format. 1h and 20 min for instance.

11. azidahaka

azidahaka

my idea was to have 2 30 mins races with race 2 with reverse finishing order. this would provide 2 close races without anyone fleeing minutes away....

these cars really allow little space for errors and a better driver can mean 3-4seconds to an average one and i do not want loads of lapped people fleeing the serie early lol

pyrates and Brutaka like this.
  12. Brutaka

Brutaka

I also suggest using the Sports tires.

13. pyrates

pyrates

Sounds good. I would also make it a stock series without tuning.

14. azidahaka

azidahaka

i'll test with sport softs, but the car is supposed to use hard slicks like in real life...

merlinrichards likes this.
  15. ozwheels

ozwheels

I'm completely against using a street tire on a race car.

Tuning is a part of racing even in spec series. So I want tuning to be allowed. If people don't want it because they can't tune or don't like putting in the time to understand it then maybe some of the fast people would be willing to post there tunes or maybe a base tune that other drivers can make their own from. The F3 has crazy understeer with the stock tune.

racefan88 likes this.
  16. VELOCI_2NR

VELOCI_2NR

I'd be interested if it's monday. I would only want to do it if it's a tuning series, as I love the challenge of finding a good tune. I can post a base tune if need be.

17. azidahaka

azidahaka

Thanks for feedbacks and interests! :)

Can any of you tuner guys posts time comparisons of lap times with tuned and untuned setup? In my experience a good tune means seconds on most tracks and way easier driveability giving an enormous edge over other drivers.

One idea i had was to involve a few of the tuning garages as "team sponsors" or basic tunes providers... But i never had any contact with any tuning garage before.

If we allow tuning we can use ballast as success penalty, i guess that 10kgs can be felt in such a light car?

18. RyanRacer

RyanRacer

I would like to join. All team info will be posted later.

19. pyrates

pyrates

You'd probably have to test penalty weights to see which work best. But I'd suggest a max penalty weight.

20. azidahaka

azidahaka

pyrates likes this.
  21. P1K3Y_M1k3Y

P1K3Y_M1k3Y Premium

22. RyanRacer

RyanRacer

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  23. pyrates

pyrates

24. VELOCI_2NR

VELOCI_2NR

Would you be able to create your own tunes? I don't like pasting a tune on a car as I feel it misses an entire portion of the game. I am fine with others doing so, but half the challenge for me is finding a good tune myself. I don't advertise my tunes on this site though, so I wouldn't be considered a tuning garage.

This would be like a Marrusia team (using the F1 analogy) where you kinda got what you got and no real factory support. I dont mind being an independent.

25. azidahaka

azidahaka

Sure, i see no problem with it...

I may be running some tests later on today, so all interested driver feel free to join!

26. RyanRacer

RyanRacer

I'll send you an FR so I won't miss out! Also please post when it will be opened.

azidahaka likes this.
  27. azidahaka

azidahaka

i'll be online since 19:00GMT for some super GT300 training and afterwards like at 20:00GMT i'll start testing for F3 on various tracks to check which ones are the most suitable for the upcoming season

28. azidahaka

azidahaka

I was studying the 1983 F3 championship i got aware of these new infos;

I do like the first 10 scores points rule and more points forwinning the 2 longer races too.

What i wonder is; do we want 3 races? maybe 3 in one day of that lenght is a bit too much?
    would race 1 of 25', race 2 of 15' and race 3 of 30' be more suitable? ( for a total of 1:10 of racing time that might be a bit too much? maybe 20/10/25 for a total of 55minutes of race)

Certainly a three race per week format might be preferred if we choose to got with damage: Real and could help in case of disconnections...

also i'm not sure i understand what the phrase about the qualifying and fastest time means :D

as always; thoughts? suggestions?

29. RyanRacer

RyanRacer

As in people's disconnections and ragequits would be more understandable since they would be all like "I ain't driving with no damage," and then disconnect/ragequit?

30. azidahaka

azidahaka

i just meant that if you have a "bad" race or get caught in a crash you have 2 other races to make up for them instead of just quitting