[FGTA] Global Sports Car Championship -- Series finished! VELOCI-2NR & kgffy Series Champions!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 555 comments
My suggestion is
body/wheels
matte dark gray/gt-fluorescence 001-c
or
sunrise yellow/french racing blue.

Update Post! New and exciting things!

Please check the car list sheets, as some updates have been made.
For Group A, the Jag and the Corvette have been given +5 horsepower. This is now the Jag at 100% power.
For Group B, the BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 has been added, no power mods and the car is at 95% on the power limiter.

So now, there's exciting stuff in the new 1.07 update!

First off, this one isn't big, but there is now an option to start from the pit lane when qualifying. There is a very good chance we are switching to that. Qualifying time will then go up to 12 minutes.

But this will change things: Races can now be set by time instead of laps! :D:D:D I just did a little test, and it will let you race to the line after time expires, so that's good!
There is one problem: it's not perfectly incremental. So it goes up by 10 minutes to from 10 minutes to 90, and then jumps to 2 hours. And I actually would have liked something in the middle, like 100 minutes for this series. But no matter! When it comes time to do some test races, we will try some of these out, it will either be 90 minutes or 2 hours, and I'm liking 90 at the moment.

For the Renault/Toyota race, the race distance will NOT be effected, we will still run 75 laps. We may try the new pit procedure, however.

Once the Renault race finished on Thursday, then Thursday nights will begin full time testing and tuning for this series.

Tire glitch is gone
New start lights are AWESOME...BATHURST is a disaster...much worse than before here is a copy of my post on the SNAIL endurance thread.

Bathurst was a DISASTER . We had six...I got frozen out. PASM waited while I shut down, rebooted....and then he got DCd...we started after he came back with 6 I think. PASM DCd first and then two others...I quit as did the others. We went to Brands...the combo is GREAT. Suggest that for NA and WW.

New start lights are AWESOME...BATHURST is a disaster...much worse than before here is a copy of my post on the SNAIL endurance thread.

Bathurst was a DISASTER . We had six...I got frozen out. PASM waited while I shut down, rebooted....and then he got DCd...we started after he came back with 6 I think. PASM DCd first and then two others...I quit as did the others. We went to Brands...the combo is GREAT. Suggest that for NA and WW.

I've been concerned with this. If bathurst doesn't get better when the season starts, we may replace it with another circuit. Nurburgring is a leading contender.

In the words of Donald Sterling: You are paid to race not have an opinion.

I'm kidding of course. Oh & I have demensia.

I've been concerned with this. If bathurst doesn't get better when the season starts, we may replace it with another circuit. Nurburgring is a leading contender.
The REAL Norschliefe (sp) not that Mickey Mouse excuse for a GP track...UGH.

I would go with 2 hours instead if 1.5 since we only have 6 tracks and I don't think Norschliefe is a good multi-class track.

I would go with 2 hours instead if 1.5 since we only have 6 tracks and I don't think Norschliefe is a good multi-class track.
It is not a good multi-class track because ? It is the home of the second most famous 24 hour race in the World...which reminds me...make sure to watch the whole damn thing streamed...I did last year...this time it is in the summer instead of March. It is truly a challenge for man and machine. IMHO.
:gtpflag:

It is not a good multi-class track because ? It is the home of the second most famous 24 hour race in the World...which reminds me...make sure to watch the whole damn thing streamed...I did last year...this time it is in the summer instead of March. It is truly a challenge for man and machine. IMHO.
The IRL N24 is not Multi class, to the same level, I.E. no LMP, only muli GT's.

On the Subject of watching N24 streamed, don'd forget to check out the CORE N24, in partnership with the FGTA, this will also be streamed live on the internet, for anyone interested, but not racing, links to our stream's and Youtube video's are on the N24 thread, link is in my sig :D

People on GT6 don't drive like people in real life. There will be a lot of accidents.

People on GT6 don't drive like people in real life. There will be a lot of accidents.
Are you assuming everyone here is an idiot? You're somewhat right to assume that, but I still think it's wrong to completely distrust your fellow racers. Unless they have done something truly horrible to you.

^^ One of us has read that wrong, I took that to mean there will be a lot of accidents in the real race, in our's I think there were only 1/2 penalties given for avoidable contact, and even those were fairly minor :D

^^ One of us has read that wrong, I took that to mean there will be a lot of accidents in the real race, in our's I think there were only 1/2 penalties given for avoidable contact, and even those were fairly minor :D
I took it as GT6 drivers are less capable than real life. Some may be, but I believe most of us here have a good sense of racecraft.

I took it as GT6 drivers are less capable than real life. Some may be, but I believe most of us here have a good sense of racecraft.
I guessed you had, one of us read it wrong :lol:
To be fair though, no matter how good your race craft on GT6, it is still lower than in a real car due to forces beyond our control (Visibility)

I actually was thinking the GP/F layout. I chose the Ring so that we don't lose a day/night race.
I love Norschelife, and it would be a good multi class track... with about 180 cars that the N24 sees. 16 will get strung out real quick, and then it's gets a little worse with the class split.

I forgot to post this...you guys covered it pretty well...but here are my responses ...

I'm not disagreeing with you...but...perhaps they should, drive as they would in real life. As a very well experienced SNAIL said to me in a personal conversation (and this is nothing new really) there are speeders and there are racers. The speeders will have trouble because you just can't run the ring flat out in traffic for a couple of hours...well we can't....Jackies can...(Stewart and Ickx... Lol). But that is what separates good endurance drivers from the rest is...they can keep on the track while others don't.

The IRL N24 is not Multi class, to the same level, I.E. no LMP, only muli GT's.

Yeah thats just what we are driving right ?

On the Subject of watching N24 streamed, don'd forget to check out the CORE N24, in partnership with the FGTA, this will also be streamed live on the internet, for anyone interested, but not racing, links to our stream's and Youtube video's are on the N24 thread, link is in my sig :D

Gonna be GREAT..rather be in it than watch...oh well.

...Hey, just something to think about...

With the timed races, if we do rolling starts like we plan, we're gonna lose a couple of minutes at the start because of the pace lap. It won't be like going by laps, where I can just add another lap to compensate.
At a track like Daytona, we probably need to have a rolling one because of the banking and where the game starts you. And unless PD gives us allows us to have rolling starts everywhere (like we should!)... maybe we should do standing??? I don't know, just something to think about.

And the new revised light system is better now, so... maybe?

Have the rolling starts been fixed? It's been a while since I saw anyone use it.

I don't believe they have changed it so that you can use the rolling starts on the road courses, only on the ovals. So we would have to manually do a a pace lap and start ourselves, and that takes away from race time.

Yipee my g27 is plugged in and now is almost programed. How do you program the G27 it so there is a ps button...which it does not have. Logitech says it will be 48 hours till they respond.

scratch that ares. I think we should do velocity yellow tintcoat(body)(2014 Corvette) and French Racing Blue(wheels)
don't have the first colors you put and forgot to check before.

You can't, you need a DS3.
I was afraid of that..I just put THAT PIECE OF JUNK IN STORAGE...THE FASTER i GO THE BEHIND-ER I GET
I take it that was the price of being PC compatible.:ouch:

Remind me..how does the DS3 indicate a full charge...I have to charge downstairs as all USBs are used.

Last edited:
Hey flip, I just wanted to tell you that the numbers don't add up for the BMW. You say it should have 651hp when you put stage 2 turbo on it but it only has 620hp. Just wandering if I'm doing something wrong. Thx.

Latest Posts

Back