[FGTA] Global Sports Car Championship -- Series finished! VELOCI-2NR & kgffy Series Champions!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 555 comments
United States
Satellite of Love
flip157
Welcome to the Global Sports Car Championship!
A Federation of Gran Turismo Autosports Series

The Concept
Welcome to the series thread for the Gran Turismo Global Sports Car Series, powered by the FGTA! This will be a multi - class, sports car endurance series. There will be no prototypes, only two classes of sports cars. Group A will be made of GTLM racers, and Group B will be a one make class, using the Nissan Silvia S15 Touring Car.

We currently run on Tuesday and Thursday nights, Eastern Standard Time in the US (GMT -4). Please see the series specifications for more details below.

Rules and Regulations

We are running with two classes on track at the same time. The faster Group A is made up of GT1 style cars, all making 600+ horsepower.

New to online racing and want to get into something competitive? You're in luck! Group B has been reclassified, and will now be a one - make spec class, using the Nissan Silvia S15 Touring Car. Great class for new drivers! For more, head HERE.

*Please read these carefully, you will be expected to know these come race time. If you have any question, we will be more than happy to clarify anything.

FGTA Rules and Regulations
Global Sports Car Championship series specification

GSCC Car Lists
GSCC Calender

Those interested in joining should either reply to the thread or send me a PM with the following information:

For Group A
GTP ID:
PSN ID:
Group A
Car:
Car Number:

For Group B
GTP ID:
PSN ID:
Group B
Car Number:

You may change your mind up until race day. You will be expected and required to race in the class that you have sign up for. There will be no switching of cars and classes mid season.

Team Sign Ups

To those interested in starting a team, please provide this following information in either a reply or a PM:

Team Name:
Group A Driver:
Group B Driver:

*Teams are not mandatory to compete, see the series specs for details. Teams should be made with the consent of both drivers.

Signs ups for drivers & teams will be updated in post #3.

Nissan Silvia S15 Tunes

Nissan base tunes can be found HERE!

If you would like submit your own, PM flip157 here on the site. This list will be constantly updated as the series continues!

Important Dates

See post #2 for details on next event.

Next race: Bonus Race at Nurburgring
Open Practice - Thursday, August 28 @ 10:30pm EST

Flip157 will be the room host.

Hope to see you out there!

Last edited:
NEXT EVENT

Nurburgring

August 28 -- Race
Race 1: Nissan Silvia TC - 40 minutes
Race 2: Group A Race - 60 minutes
10:30pm EST - Qualifying starts

Last edited:
Drivers
(PSN ID / Car / Number)

Group A

1. flip157 / Chevrolet Corvette Z06 LM/ #92
VELOCI_2NR / GT by Citroen Race Car/ #13
3. Brutaka_GT / Mclaren F1 GTR / #23
4. duke_adam46 / SRT Viper GT - S

Group B

1. Somebodyshootme / #68
2. Jay2DaB329 / #29
3. nail-27 / #27
4. euclid58 / #91
5. Johnny_Suede / #44
kgffy / #24
7. quiltingchloe / #4

Reserve Drivers

draqua_fresh / Jaguar XJ220 LM / #41
tenderly90 / Chevrolet Corvette Z06 LM / #90
D122773 / Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car / #25

Teams

I'll Own You Won Racing
Group A: draqua_fresh
Group B: Somebodyshootme

Lightning In A Bottle Motorsports
Group A: tenderly90
Group B: Nail-27

Flippin' Fast Racing
Group A: flip157
Group B: Jay2DaB329

GT America
Group A: Brutaka_GT
Group B: kgffy

Last edited:
Race Results

Round 1: Silverstone

Group A -- GT1
1. VELOCI_2NR / GT by Citroen
2. flp157 / Chevrolet Corvette Z06
3. draqua_fresh / Jaguar XJ220
4. icedaemon83 / BMW M3 GT2 (retired)

Group B -- Nissan Challenge
1. kgffy
2. euclid58
3. Jay2DaB329
4. Johnny_Suede
5. BIGKC777
6. Somebodyshootme (disconnection)

Round 2: Spa

Group A -- GT1
1. VELOCI_2NR - Citroen
2. tenderly90 - Chevrolet
3. Brutaka_GT - Mclaren
4. flip157 - Chevrolet

1. kgffy
2. quiltingchole
3. Somebodyshootme
4. euclid58
5. Nail27
6. Johnny_Suede
7. Jay2DaB329

Round 3: Red Bull Ring

Group A -- GT1
1. VELOCI_2NR - Citroen
2. filp157 - Chevrolet
3. Brutaka_GT - Mclaren

1. kgffy
2. quiltingchole
3. Somebodyshootme
4. Johnny_Suede
5. Nail27
Jay2DaB329

Round 4: La Sarthe

Group A -- GT1
1. flip157 - Chevrolet
2. VELOCI_2NR - Citroen
3. Brutaka_GT - Mclaren

1. Somebodyshootme
2. quiltingchole
3. kgffy
4. Jay2DaB329
5. Johnny_Suede

Round 5: Laguna Seca

Group A -- GT1
1. flip157 - Chevrolet
2. Brutaka_GT - Mclaren

1. kgffy
2. Somebodyshootme
3. Jay2DaB329

Preseason 1: Daytona

Group A
1. flip157 / Chevrolet Corvette Z06
2. kgffy / SRT Viper GTS
3. tenderly90 / Ford GT LM
4. draquafresh / Jaguar XJ220 LM
5. Nail-27 / Mclaren F1 GTR
6. Jethro_King (retired) / BMW M3 GT2
7. VELOCI_2NR (disconnect) / GT by Citroen

Group B
1. Joe_DiBen / Subaru BRZ GT300
2. Somebodyshootme / Lexus IS350 GT300
3. Jay2DaB329 / Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Preseason 2: Tokyo

Group A
1. VELOCI_2NR / GT by Citroen
2. kgffy / SRT Viper
3. tenderly90 / Ford GT LM
4. flip157 / Chevrolet Corvette Z06
5. Nail-27 / Mclaren F1 GTR

Group B
1. Somebodyshootme / Lexus IS350 GT300
2. Joe_DiBen / Subaru BRZ GT300 (disconnect)
3. Jay2DaB329 / Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (retired)

Last edited:
Flip can you post a current list of entrants. Also GTP_WRS has dealt with the PSN tag /GTP tag problem (most have different tags for each which leads to confusion). Each entrant is listed by GTP Tag and first name. This removes all problems.

The race times may change since this series will be run in the summer. I will have more time, and that might mean we'll start earlier. As I mention in there somewhere, everything is sort of penciled in at the moment, things can definitely change.

Flip I updated my Group A driver. It is Draqua_fresh. He is unsure of what car currently.

You can pencil me in with the Lexus right now but that is subject to change.

We are in early days, but I would like to put in here that I am looking for a Group B driver to form a team.

Team colors will either be lime green car with black wheels, or black car with green wheels. Can't decide. May do both and go back and forth throughout the season. :D

Quick note on teams: If team owners are good with Photoshop or some other imaging software and would like to make a team logo for themselves, you are more than welcome to. If you do, PM it to me and I'll put it up in the forum.

We are in early days, but I would like to put in here that I am looking for a Group B driver to form a team.

Team colors will either be lime green car with black wheels, or black car with green wheels. Can't decide. May do both and go back and forth throughout the season. :D

Quick note on teams: If team owners are good with Photoshop or some other imaging software and would like to make a team logo for themselves, you are more than welcome to. If you do, PM it to me and I'll put it up in the forum.
Speaking of photo shop an image experts, I am looking to hire an individual for a team logo. A pm would be great, but I can only compensate with slight dental care from DrAqua along with a multitude of alcoholic beverages at my bar. I have not passed this on to my teammate about the dental care, but I am sure he would rather give dental care versus sexual offerings ;-).

Its all the same it driveable and a good all around car, ivehad good battles with it on the Nordschliefe so I'm used to it.

I want to join too, but need confirmation on dates.
If anyone needs a second, let me know.

We are currently working on confirming dates and times. I know the series we just got out of ran at a weird time for most people, but it was what worked best for my schedule.

Now that we are approaching summer, I will have a little more time on my hands, so maybe we can run at a time that suits more people. Friday nights may be possible, but if I did that, there may be more that one break in the schedule, and a week with no racing because I'll be places.

I have a fairly hectic week ahead of me, so I can't say that I'll have it all figured out this week. But we will get this worked out.

We are currently working on confirming dates and times. I know the series we just got out of ran at a weird time for most people, but it was what worked best for my schedule.

Now that we are approaching summer, I will have a little more time on my hands, so maybe we can run at a time that suits more people. Friday nights may be possible, but if I did that, there may be more that one break in the schedule, and a week with no racing because I'll be places.

I have a fairly hectic week ahead of me, so I can't say that I'll have it all figured out this week. But we will get this worked out.

Classy choice of username, I must say...

Cool. I'll wait for word on times and will also look for a partner in the meantime.

Classy choice of username, I must say...

Cool. I'll wait for word on times and will also look for a partner in the meantime.
Oh God...two Flips?? and I race with both....:banghead:

And congrats to both Flipjj and Moi for our first Snail wins last night.....

Back