[FGTA - WGTC] [S2] Thanks for a great season! Merry Christmas everyone!Finished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 2,907 comments
Here's the current forecast for Suzuka in case anyone's wondering:

image.jpg

Stiggy, what's your fastest lap? Mine's a 1:52.9
Done 2 full laps. So far a 53.4. Been messing around with setup a bit. Gunna go back to the original and see what I can do.

Edit: 52.768. Still doesn't feel to great:indiff:

Last edited:
I just need help to sort the stability in slow corners and I'll knock it from the 52.6 to a low 52. If I can get the GTR to do a 53.6 I think you can get the vette down to a low 52. You know you will stiggy ;) you'll do 51s and I won't be behind you to tap you

Change it to the Holden VXR8 and i would agree, that is an awesome car. However, i despise all EU Vauxhall's. I'm a Ford man myself. Which gives me a hard choice while watching V8SC's... Holden/Ford.....

Go Merc! :lol:
HOLDEN!

Phew, it's great to have the feeling to be faster than the others, isn't it :D
Best lap so far a 1'51.6 on full fuel 👍
I am on 1:54's...... and I have an apparent PP reduction too... SO yeh... GT not prepared for this track well not for me anyway... :(

Guess I chose the right race to miss then.. The Ford might have to put some downforce on for this race though. ;)
Its very hairy - I ran my Bathurst setup and it was the fastest! Strange considering I was on low to med aero! :s - But I think high aero is the way to go but only until I test will I get a fuller idea...

Its very hairy - I ran my Bathurst setup and it was the fastest! Strange considering I was on low to med aero! :s - But I think high aero is the way to go but only until I test will I get a fuller idea...
I haven't tested at all at suzuka since i won't be racing there but yeah i would have guessed you would gain from more aero there.

Round 1 -- Bathurst -- Results and Race Report
First of all I want to say thanks to all who attended, we certainly had a good race in the PRO room, and looking at the times from the AM room, it was fairly close there as well. Secondly, I want to send a huge thanks to the stewards. There were quite a lot of incidents to look at, mainly due to the nature of the circuit not due to individual drivers, which is good to hear with so many new faces. I look forward to seeing larger grids over the next few races. People who have been absent with no prior warning will have Suzuka to attend or face being removed due to inactivity to make way for the reserves who want a full time slot.
hr.png

Qualifying

Qualifying saw some close gaps between drivers up and down the grid, and a mix of tyre choice. Congratulations to @Mini Stiggy and @HAMILTONR for taking pole in their respective classes, and the bonus point to go with it.

The full list of qualifying results can be found here.
hr.png

Incident List - PRO

Driver: Glen-Alz-81
Incident: Pit Entry Line
Lap: 10
Result: Warning for improper Pit Entry.

Driver: Glen-Alz-81
Lap: 21
Result: Improper Pit Entry. Drive through penalty (+15 seconds on race time).

Driver: RS__96__oO
Lap: 18

Lap: 31

Lap: 56
Result: Second Improper Pit Entry. Reprimand awarded. Drive though penalty (+15 seconds on race time).

Driver: GTP_Litchi
Incident: Pit Exit Line
Lap: 3
Result: Warning for improper Pit Exit.

Driver: GTP_Litchi
Lap: 25
Result: Improper Pit Exit. Stop and hold for 5. (+20 seconds on race time).

Driver: TK_Hansen
Lap: 6

Lap: 28

Lap: 39

Driver: Infodevil
Lap: 8

Lap: 28
Result: Second Improper Pit Entry. Reprimand awarded. Drive through penalty (+15 seconds on race time).

Incident: Leaving track during qualifying
Result: Warning for breach of Parc ferme.
Notes: I didn't penalise for this as I don't suspect you were cheating by entering settings, but just looking at live timing screen. However, in future, please remain on track for the entire qualifying session until told to leave by the host or steward. This applies to everyone. Once qualifying has started, no-one should return to the lobby until told to do so.
hr.png

Incident List - AM

Driver: pyrates2000
Lap: 20

Lap: 25

Lap: 7

Incident: Contact with GTP_Revoy
Result: Avoidable Contact. Stop and hold for 10 (+25 seconds on race time).
Notes: After an accident please take note of surroundings and approaching cars.

Driver: Matheus-007
Incident: Contact with GTOS_Polarbear_
Lap: 49

Driver: VicarsRACING1
Lap: 32

Lap: 40
Result: Improper Pit Exit. Stop and hold for 5 (+20 seconds on race time).

Incident: Improper start procedure.
Result: Warning for driving standards.
Notes: The start procedure has been shown several times in the thread, and a written description in the rulebook. Not being aware of proceedings has no excuse. Please re-read the FGTA Qualifying and Rolling Start: Double File sections detailed here.

Driver: GTP_HAMILTONR

Lap: 24

Lap: 51
Result: Second improper Pit Entry. Reprimand awarded. Drive through penalty (+15 seconds on race time).

Lap: 38

Incident: Use of chat box during race session.
Result: Warning for use of chat box.
Notes: I understand your reasoning for using it, and I think we have that issue covered now. But it interrupted a live session. Not singling you out but using it as an example to others: Use of voice chat or chat box during a session is not permitted unless under direction from the host or a steward.

Incident: Breach of starting tyre compound.
Result: Drive through penalty (+15 seconds on race time).
Notes: You must start the race on the tyres which you set your fastest qualifying lap on.

Driver: Rono_Thomas
Lap: 24

Lap: 34
Result: Improper Pit Exit. Stop and hold for 5 (+20 seconds on race time).

Incident: Contact with Roberte
Notes: Be cautious when driving with damage or near other damaged cars.

Driver: GTOS_Polarbear_
Lap: 12

Driver: GTOS_Polarbear_
Incident: Contact with Matheus-007
Lap: 11

Driver: Luigi755
Incident: Rage Quit
Result: Warning for Rage Quitting.
Notes: I know you are on a tight schedule due to race end time being close to your curfew. And I'm guessing this was partly the reason you left. But rage quitting is not the attitude I want to see in my series. A lot of time and effort goes into running this series, I don't have time to deal with quitters, I want committed drivers. A driver will score points if they complete 70 minutes of the race. It is worth you sticking around even if you have to go with 15 minutes remaining as you may last longer than other drivers who retire or disconnect.
hr.png

Pit Entries and Exits

Near enough, 75% of all incidents are pit line violations. It may appear harsh penalising people for crossing the lines, but it is in the interest of safety. The fact that everyone managed a clean pit entry and exit at least once proves the fact that it is easily doable so there is no excuse for cutting the lines. There was plenty of warnings prior to the race about the lines, and still so many penalties.

Here is the process which the stewards follow for these incidents. Those who have received a warning or penalty in this race will receive harsher penalties should they repeat the incidents.

Contact

Generally speaking I am happy with driving standards for the race. Bathurst is a tricky circuit, and due to the nature of it, with the street section style going up and down the mountain I was expecting a few more genuine crashes. However most of them were unavoidable due to the high speeds and elevation changes.
hr.png
Anyway enough about penalties, onto what really counts.

Race results

Here are the race results with times adjusted for the above penalties.

Congratulations to @merlinrichards, @Glenalz81 and @Tensa Proto for podium finishes in PRO class. Also congratulations to @Mini Stiggy for claiming the fastest lap bonus point. In AM we have @HAMILTONR, @Phouchg and @roberte taking the podium slots. With @HAMILTONR grabbing the fastest lap bonus. On the downside for you guys, that means you now carry a PP reduction for the next race.

PRO

@merlinrichards -- -8pp (597pp)
@Glenalz81 -- -5pp (600pp)
As @Tensa Proto finished 3rd and is a reserve driver, there is no PP penalty. However, if you obtain a full time slot before the next race you will be given the appropriate penalty.
@Mini Stiggy -- should Tensa not find himself a full time drive, you will be at -1pp due to running 3rd in the PRO driver's table.

AM

@HAMILTONR -- -8pp (597pp)
@Phouchg -- -5pp (600pp)
@roberte -- -2pp (590pp)
hr.png

Championship Standings
The full rundown on standings can be found here. In the bottom left corner you will see different tabs to view the respective tables. Both Ford teams have taken a commanding lead in the standings, aided by the fact Bathurst suits the car. However, with the PP penalties and a different style of circuit, it is anyone's guess who will top the timesheets in Suzuka.
hr.png

Closing Thoughts
Once again, I want to thank everyone who attended and to the stewards. Links to the qualifying and race results, as well as championship standings can be found in the OP. I look forward to seeing you all at Suzuka. The driver's brief for Round 2 will follow this weekend.

Last edited:
Now for some professional comment:

"Driver: Luigi755
Incident: Rage Quit
Result: Warning for Rage Quitting.
Notes: I know you are on a tight schedule due to race end time being close to your curfew. And I'm guessing this was partly the reason you left."

That's not the only reason why I left. The pre-race grid messups contributed to it. People were stalling on the grid, everyone was swaying at a near-standstill. So there. I don't cope well in these types of situation.
In addition, I could never set a good qualifying time because of the walls. I know that Bathurst has little runoff, but the damage contributed to the fact that I could never really make an impression.

"I want committed drivers."
I am trying my best to commit to the series, but on occasion I can't live up to that promise. I have had Autism ever since I was born. So I can be awkward in tight situations, i.e. this.
In addition, I have been playing GT ever since I was 4. I have a great commitment to racing in GT.

"A driver will score points if they complete 70 minutes of the race. It is worth you sticking around even if you have to go with 15 minutes remaining as you may last longer than other drivers who retire or disconnect."
I'm hoping to last longer at Suzuka. Just a warning: I don't cope well in wet races, so I may not be at the front for long. I will expect the Honda/Lexus GT500s to be leading, as they have far superior downforce to my Z4.

Sorry about the rage at Bathurst, and I'll see you at Suzuka!

Back