[FGTA - WGTC] [S2] Thanks for a great season! Merry Christmas everyone!Finished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 2,907 comments
@Litchi Connections issues will happen, it's out with our control, after stiggy DC'd he could not get back in his room and when he opened a new room some racers couldn't join.So in the interest of getting as many on track as possible i opened a room.We were all in the same boat, it's not ideal but it happens.

@BEjamin The race settings were the same as used in practice 70% weather and 1 changeability...after various tests in practice there was a 1-5 chance it would be 100% wet...we were all running part wet setups...As for the tyres if you qualied on RM you start on RM if you Qualied on RS you start on RS, unless you thought the start would be wet then you could change to a wet tyre, so no changing from RM to RS or RS to RM but you could from either to wet.

As for quali and start procedure, its all in the rules.Same goes for the 40% on RMs you always need to use the RMs for 40% of the race unless water on track reaches 25% and again its all in the rules.

We've all had bad luck and felt like quitting, ask @rclark83 about his first race.. :lol: Its a 2hr race and anything can happen...Suck it up and get ready for Indy! 👍

your pace is bang on, don't give up.

@Nik_Makozi :( sad that you DC'd after race start as you had great pace..After last season we can no longer call a red flag for a DC after race start. Sorry.

@Litchi Our organization isn't the problem here, it's the fact that people cannot connect to the room. Blaming Stiggy or any of the series organizers makes no sense when the issues we're having are out of their control. This procedure has been run for over a season now and has had no issues.

@Litchi Connections issues will happen, it's out with our control, after stiggy DC'd he could not get back in his room and when he opened a new room some racers couldn't join.So in the interest of getting as many on track as possible i opened a room.We were all in the same boat, it's not ideal but it happens.
I sincerely apologize for what I said yesterday. I know it's not a good sportmanship to blame organizers publicly, and they always take it as an attack. I should have say it privately, sorry again.

I agree that connection issues can happens. But you can minimize the risks using simple ways. But I see that you just don't want to do it.

Also, if I understand correctly, Stiggy told yesterday in the room that if we Q with wet tires, we must start the race with dry tires. Correct? If so, I don't see this rules anywhere in the OP. If not, sorry, i misunderstood what he said yesterday and I was already aware of the original rule.
But I checked a few pages back and I see that I'm not the only one who is confused with the rules. If I would be alone, I would just re-read again to understand all, but considering we are some, I think the problem is not my comprehension's skills... Maybe you guys should rework the rules a bit and make them more clear? I don't know really.

I sincerely apologize for what I said yesterday. I know it's not a good sportmanship to blame organizers publicly, and they always take it as an attack. I should have say it privately, sorry again.

I agree that connection issues can happens. But you can minimize the risks using simple ways. But I see that you just don't want to do it.

Also, if I understand correctly, Stiggy told yesterday in the room that if we Q with wet tires, we must start the race with dry tires. Correct? If so, I don't see this rules anywhere in the OP. If not, sorry, i misunderstood what he said yesterday and I was already aware of the original rule.
But I checked a few pages back and I see that I'm not the only one who is confused with the rules. If I would be alone, I would just re-read again to understand all, but considering we are some, I think the problem is not my comprehension's skills... Maybe you guys should rework the rules a bit and make them more clear? I don't know really.

No, stiggy said that you could if you wish change from dry to wet or wet to dry. for example if it was a wet quali and wet tyres were used but you thought the start of the race would be dry then you could change.

When i opened my room it was public (usually more stable) and race quality on high, not very high, with standard on the mic.

Some say no mics make a difference, i've yet to see it..We still get DCs with no mics.. the chat box would be fine but when you've got people constantly typing in it when your trying to give instructions thats when everyone gets confused.

Litchi
Stiggy said you may use dry tyres even if you qualied on wet.
As we all knew the racestart would be 70% weather and 0% wet track personally i would think everyone would do so

The confusion i believe came when he stated you could not switch to rm if you qualied on rs
It was just a slight misunderstanding
There are alot of drivers which first language is not english, myself included. Do not let frustrations get the better of you

@HAMILTONR and @BEjamin please take all your complaints and incident reports in your incident reports or pm to stewards or the organiser. If you keep stirring things up and cursing in the thread it will not be tolerated and penalties will be given out.

So please, keep calm and report to the stewards.
Actually people saying how well they did actually is stirring things up when they drove like idiots! Don't patronise me boy!

So, yesterday was pretty awesome. If any full-time AM spots become available, preferably in my beloved Lexus, let me know. I want in!

Until such time, I'm going to have every car ready to roll for the next round to reserve :)

EDIT: Put me in a mid-engine car for comedy and crashes. :boggled:

It was working for me earlier when I did race report, you going to be practicing Indianapolis later?
Maybe mate - I have been looking at the lap times again and they don't stack up with what people have been saying about using the Medium tyre at certain points... Oh and by the way guys if you want to do the same to me ill also send you a pic of my stops to confirm but also if you want to check my Bathurst race again you may! :)

Actually people saying how well they did actually is stirring things up when they drove like idiots! Don't patronise me boy!
I'm sorry but we can't help if people get provoked by others feeling good about their performance, even if they drove like ****, because it is not against any rules.

What you do then is report their actions to the stewards and then you can talk about your good race when they get penalties.

And I'm not patronising you, I'm just telling you that it isn't acceptable.

My race went ok. Finished about where I expected to (middle), had some good battles with @RS__96__oO including going pretty much side by side throughout the esses. Also sorry rs for going abnormally slow through 130R at one point. I had to slow down on entry because I had my right wheels on the grass.
No problem about the 130R, it was great fun racing :cheers: I made the mistake of going on the wet setup, so I'm happy with 3rd. I even made an improvement compared to the race before: many spins, but NO DAMAGE at all :D So my aim for the next race: no spins. LOL. I am so inconsistant in endurance racing, it's horrible :D
Well, I'm going on holiday tomorrow, please don't test too much on Indianapolis without me :D

So niko you at the next one I get to win Indianapolis Ive seen it in me tea leaves this morning, its telling me only one long straight so the fords are goin to struggle, and my tea leaves never lie :)

So niko you at the next one I get to win Indianapolis Ive seen it in me tea leaves this morning, its telling me only one long straight so the fords are goin to struggle, and my tea leaves never lie :)
If nothing urgent comes up I should make it to the next race. Don't like the sound of that.. The leaves never lie. One long straigHt should be enough to pass you though ;)

I hope none of this idiot driving was on my end. :scared: If I ruined your race I'm sorry. My eyes rolled to the back of my head after that last pit stop... It's not often I get to use 'beast mode'. :sly:

@redbullrider20 was it you at spoon I was dicing with after Charlie span in front of us Shows how close to disaster that was I thought the other car was red. :) what lap was it on?
Yes that was me. I forget what lap it was but it's was funny because I didn't even flinch. "Oh great, spinning car." *applies brakes* I didn't even make contact. :cool:

If you saw a triple spin on warm up lap that was me... yea... I saw a glitch so I backed up, so did Nail and I was trying to catch you guys up again. When I did it was at the chicane and I came in a bit too hot so I moved a bit to the left to avoid DK and I hit the grass edge or kerb and spun out. MASSIVE FACE PALM! :lol:

If you saw a triple spin on warm up lap that was me... yea... I saw a glitch so I backed up, so did Nail and I was trying to catch you guys up again. When I did it was at the chicane and I came in a bit too hot so I moved a bit to the left to avoid DK and I hit the grass edge or kerb and spun out. MASSIVE FACE PALM! :lol:
You should take it easier on warm up laps.

I'm sorry but we can't help if people get provoked by others feeling good about their performance, even if they drove like ****, because it is not against any rules.

What you do then is report their actions to the stewards and then you can talk about your good race when they get penalties.

And I'm not patronising you, I'm just telling you that it isn't acceptable.
Nor is it to boast that you have won when you have done it unfairly :)

Nor is it to boast that you have won when you have done it unfairly :)
It is though.. Boasting might not gain you any friends but it's not against the rules. :P

I'm not saying you're not right to be mad, because you probably are, but try to be a bit civil about it. ;) and if someone skipped using the rm tyre, the stewards will spot it and hand out penalties. If you have done some of their work by checking everyone's pace in different stints. PM the info to them and they'll be really happy because if they know what to look for, their work will be much easier.

Back