[FGTA - WGTC] [S2] Thanks for a great season! Merry Christmas everyone!Finished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 2,907 comments
A big thanks to those who have filled out a race report form already.

👍 to adam46, redbullrider20, STOCKY8A1, Phouchg, PASM, Glenalz81, TheLuigi755, Mini Stiggy, rclark83, rono_thomas and Nik_Makozi

RS__96__oO, rcb929, HAMILTONR, gtic_ybear, teamdbw and Nail-27 -- Please could you fill one out ASAP so we can finish off the stewarding. Form is HERE.

With any luck, we can have the results up by Wednesday / Thursday.
Ill try tomorrow night as I am at work all week and have other commitments. Cheers

A big thanks to those who have filled out a race report form already.

👍 to adam46, redbullrider20, STOCKY8A1, Phouchg, PASM, Glenalz81, TheLuigi755, Mini Stiggy, rclark83, rono_thomas and Nik_Makozi

RS__96__oO, rcb929, HAMILTONR, gtic_ybear, teamdbw and Nail-27 -- Please could you fill one out ASAP so we can finish off the stewarding. Form is HERE.

With any luck, we can have the results up by Wednesday / Thursday.
Sorry mate, I had no time to do it so far due to many exams and buying my first car :dunce: Btw, it's a BMW! :D
Will do it ASAP.

Congrats, now don't wreck it!... actually do, its a BMW, far too many on the roads for my liking! :lol:
There are by far not enough BMW's on the roads! :lol:

But don't hurt yourself! :D is it a Ti ?
Will try :D Unfortunately no Ti, "only" 102bhp :dunce: But it's a compact, so I'm sure this thing can be driven sideways :mischievous:

He lives next to the ring... of course he'll wreck it.
That actually made me laugh.. Firstly because it doesn't have too much power.. and secondly because you're simply right! :lol: It's just a matter of time, haha :lol:

Round 5 -- Le Mans
Results and Race Report

hr.png

Qualifying
Qualifying was extremely close in the PRO room, with @Mini Stiggy clinching pole by just 0.023 from PASM, who was a further 0.064 behind. AM was a little further spread out, which saw an excellent performance by @redbullrider20 to take pole. Congratulations to both, and congratulations on the bonus points. Qualy was certainly good for ICR!
The full list of qualifying results can be found HERE.
hr.png

Incident List - PRO
Driver: GTP_Caine
Incident: Improper Pit Entry
Lap: 8
Result: First warning for improper pit entry.

Driver: GTP_PASM
Incident: Contact with Nik_Makozi
Lap: 7
Result: Warning for contact.
Notes: Looking at the replay, it was a fairly heavy bump, but somehow both cars avoided taking damage. Had damage occurred, you would have received a penalty for this, but as Nik was unharmed and the incident cost you time, we have decided to give you a warning only. The bump at Silverstone from Nik into the Vale chicane was nowhere near as heavy, but did result in damage, hence the penalty in that instance.

Driver: RCB929
Incident: Contact with MerlinRichards
Lap: 1
Result: Avoidable Contact. +25s added to race time (stop + 10).
Notes: This was a very tough call to make, and we got several opinions on this. However, at turn one, your car veers to the right into the path of Merlin causing both cars damage. Merlin had left a considerable margin on the inside of the corner to allow you space, but contact was still made. From the replay your cars makes a very weird change of direction when passing over the curb, which did baffle us a little, it didn't look like a typical oversteer correction, but it didn't look deliberate either. Regardless, Merlin held a solid line and left space yet was still collected.

hr.png

Incident List - AM
Driver: xNikodemusx
Lap: 6
Result: First warning for improper pit entry.

Driver: Nail-27
Lap: 19
Result: Second warning for improper pit entry. +15s added to race time (drive through).

Driver: Nail-27
Incident: Improper Pit Exit.
Lap: 20
Result: First warning for improper pit exit.

Driver: GTOS_Polarbear_
Incident: Contact with STOCKY8A1 and Rono_Thomas
Lap: 1
Result: Avoidable contact. +25s added to race time (stop +10). Reprimand for third AC awarded.
Notes: This was quite clumsy into turn 1. There was a large gap infront of you, Stocky was being careful to avoid incident when you crash into his rear, which ultimately led to contact with Rono after you oversteer coming out of the gravel. Certainly seen worse incidents at the starts, but your actions compromised the race of another driver.

Driver: GTP_HAMILTONR
Incident: Contact with Redbullrider
Lap: 2 (Arnage)
Result: NFA
Notes: We were going to give an AC for this, but I double checked with redbull about the incident. According to the replay you bump redbull quite hard, and it shows double front damage received by yourself and double rear damage to redbull. However, redbull has no knowledge of the incident and stated it didn't effect him, so 'no harm no foul' applies.

Drivers: GTP_HAMILTONR + Redbullrider20
Incident: Contact
Lap: 2 (Ford Chicane)
Result: NFA
Notes: This was a little clumsy from both of you to be honest. Redbull was focused on the car ahead and didn't spot Hamilton up the inside. But it was a high risk move from Hamilton at a narrow part of the circuit with the car ahead already in a battle for position. At the point redbull turns in, we didn't think Hamilton had a sufficient amount of his car alongside redbull, but by that point it was too late to back out. Please be aware, when battling with another car you will probably be losing time to the car behind and they may try an opportunistic move. Likewise, when attacking a car which is in a battle, be aware they may be too busy looking ahead to spot you.
hr.png

Race results
HERE are the race results with times adjusted for the above penalties.

Congratulations to @Nik_Makozi, @PASM and @merlinrichards for taking podium positions in PRO.
In AM we have @adam46, @redbullrider20 and @roberte taking the podium places. Congratulations to you three.

Fastest laps were taken by @Mini Stiggy (on the final lap) and @redbullrider20, so congratulations on those bonus points. All 4 bonus points this round taken by ICR!

This means we now have the following PP penalties for Round 6 at Spa:

PRO

@Nik_Makozi -- -5pp (619pp)
@rclark83 -- -3pp (584pp)
@merlinrichards -- -3pp (602pp)
@PASM -- -3pp (597pp)
@RS__96__oO -- -1pp (591pp)

AM

@adam46 -- -5pp (619pp)
@redbullrider20 -- -3pp (611pp)
@HAMILTONR -- -3pp (602pp)
@rono_thomas -- -2pp (585pp)
@roberte -- -2pp (590pp)
@Phouchg -- -1pp (604pp)
hr.png

Championship Standings
The full rundown on standings can be found HERE. In the bottom left corner you will see different tabs to view the respective tables.
hr.png

Closing Thoughts
Once again, I want to thank everyone who attended and to the stewards. Links to the qualifying and race results, as well as championship standings can be found in the OP. I look forward to seeing you all at Spa. The driver's brief for Round 6 will follow later this weekend.

I like that we retained championship lead despite my poor finish, thanks Merlin for pickin' it up when I drop the ball. :)

Yeah, the bump into Mulsanne on lap 7 was very regrettable. I will try to avoid that from happening again.

Round #6 -- Belgium

Spa Francorchamps
18/10/14

Classifiable Time:
72 minutes
Medium Tyre Time: 50 minutes

Weather: 30%
Weather Change: Fixed
Standing Water: 0%

Time: 13:00
Time Change: 12

Start Type: Rolling Start -- Double File

Formation Point: The FP is the GT bridge before the bus-stop chicane.

fp8.jpg

Acceleration Zone: The AZ starts where the grass begins on the right hand side.

acz8.jpg

The AZ ends at the end of the grid hatchings, marked by the solid white line.

az8_2.jpg

Pole Sitter:
It is the job of the pole sitter to control the field at a sensible pace. You must also take the inside lane for the first corner once in formation. In this case, the right hand side of the track.
hr.png

Pit Entry - Your car must be fully to the right of the solid white line shown below.

pen8.jpg

Pit Exit - You must stay fully to the right of the solid white merger line as shown below.

pex8.jpg

Please make sure you have read through both sets of rules:

FGTA Core Rules and Regulations
WGTC Season 2 Series Specifics

Not being aware of a rule is not a valid excuse!
hr.png

AM Timetable

Room Opens:
16:30 GMT (5:30pm BST)
Free Practice Ends: 17:25 GMT (6:25pm BST)
Spec Checks: 17:25 GMT (6:25pm BST)
Qualifying: 17:30 - 17:45 GMT (6:30pm - 6:45pm BST)
Grid Formation: 17:55 GMT (6:55pm BST)
Race: 18:00 - 20:00 GMT (7:00pm - 9:00pm BST)
hr.png

PRO Timetable

Room Opens:
17:30 GMT (6:30pm BST)
Free Practice Ends: 18:25 GMT (7:25pm BST)
Spec Checks: 18:25 GMT (7:25pm BST)
Qualifying: 18:30 - 18:45 GMT (7:30pm - 7:45pm BST)
Grid Formation: 18:55 GMT (7:55pm BST)
Race: 19:00 - 21:00 GMT (8:00pm - 10:00pm BST)
hr.png

Lobby Hosts

Regular hosts this week.

PRO: GTP_Caine
AM: Roberte

Please make sure you have the appropriate hosts on your friends lists.
hr.png

Please click HERE to confirm your status for the race.

Have a good one guys!​

Back