[FGTA - WGTC] [S2] Thanks for a great season! Merry Christmas everyone!Finished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 2,907 comments
Formation Laps
There have been a few cases of contact during the formation laps. I want to see these stop from this point onwards.

There is no reason at all for everyone to be so close to each other during the formation lap that contact occurs. You are free to leave several car lengths to the car ahead, until you reach the FP. I could quite easily ban weaving on these laps, but I fear we may get more turn 1 incidents from drivers on cold tyres, hence why I am still allowing it.

But from now on, contact on warm up laps will be penalised for, and unless there is a mass pileup, there won't be a restart. You have been warned guys!

Also, the actual race starts. I haven't been policing this strictly so far, but due to a number of turn 1 incidents I feel I have no option anymore.

The rules state you may only accelerate to full throttle when the car in the position ahead of you accelerates, not when the leader accelerates.

The leader accelerates at his will at some point in the AZ.
2nd place accelerates when he see's 1st place accelerate.
3rd place accelerates when he see's 2nd place accelerate.
4th place accelerates when he see's 3rd place accelerate.

And you get the picture for the rest. Anyone caught 'jumping' at the start will receive a warning for the first time, and a penalty for any other occurrences. This doesn't mean you can't attack into turn 1, but should hopefully give the field a larger spread heading into turn 1, and hopefully avoid incidents.
hr.png

Spa Turn 1
Turn 1 at Spa is tight and slow. Guys towards the back of the pack will need to brake earlier than usual due to the tight pack ahead of them. Be cautious and aware of other drivers please guys. The stewards will be watching closely!
hr.png

Pitstops

The pit entry and exit lines are quite tight here, so please take extra caution when making a pitstop. In particular pit entry. Be carefull with the throttle on entry or you may accept the default pitstop menu before you actually see it appear. Either come in full throttle, or no throttle. Feathering it is highly likely for you to miss the menu and potentially ruin your race.
hr.png

Track Limits
There are a number of places where advantage can be gained around here, especially as the tyres wear down and you get a little more understeer in the car.

The main corners we will be investigating are: Eau Rouge, Pouhon, Paul Frere Curve and Blanchimont.

Through the other corners, you may use the curbs but at your own risk, you might gain a small amount of time, but there is a higher risk of you loosing the rear of the car and costing yourself time.

Shown below are some pictures detailing what is acceptable and what isn't through the 4 corners we will be looking at:

er_en_ok

You may use the curb to the left on entry to Eau Rouge.
hr.png

er_ok

You may run upto the edge of the curb through the top of Eau Rouge
er_no

You may NOT run beyond the curb through the top of Eau Rouge.
hr.png

ph_ok

You may run two wheels on the curb through Pouhon.
ph_no

You may NOT run beyond the curb through Pouhon.
hr.png

pf_ok

You may run with two wheels over the curb on the exit of Paul Frere Curve.
pf_no

You may NOT run with all four wheels on or over the curb on the exit of Paul Frere Curve.
hr.png

bm_ok

You may run two wheels on the curbs at the exit of Blanchimont.
bm_no

You may NOT run all four wheels beyond the curb at the exit of Blanchimont.
hr.png
Repeated abuse of track limits will result in penalties. If you run wide and it was clear you lost time because of this, there will be no penalty. If you run wide and gain an advantage you are obliged to lift off the throttle and concede any advantage gained.

Using track beyond the boundaries to avoid a collision is acceptable, but using it to perform/prevent an overtake is prohibited.

You have been told guys, slightly later in the week than planned, but you have at least 40 hours warning.

Now lets have ourselves a great race!

So if the start is like that i.e wait for the car in front to go not the leader why arnt we single file start?
Because GT racing always has double file starts unless it is going green after the safety car has been deployed.

Cars should be level with the car beside them on the grid, its upto you to react to the car ahead of you to keep beside them into turn 1. Starting in a single file will pretty much mean no overtaking into turn 1 due to the larger gap between the cars.

EDIT

The rules have stated this since the start of the season, I just haven't enforced them that strictly.

Really looking forward to this one, nearly full power, track I'm comfortable with and with it all to race for .... :)
I'm certainly looking forward to it, can pretty much guarantee I've had the most track time out of all of us, albeit in a different GT car. First few flying laps saw me hit the 9's though!

2 hours should be easy, a walk in the park 👍 lets hope the servers dont get up to any funny business ! I've hit the nines just cant get them consistent always losing it in the chicane :mischievous:

I may not be able to make it to the race tomorrow for Ice Cold Racing in the AM category, been a lot of household issues as of late that may affect my participation in the near future. If I could have an AM relief driver on call tomorrow in a ICR Corvette it would be highly appreciated by the whole team. There's only a small chance I won't race tomorrow but knowing my luck it's bound to happen sometime. Please PM me or @Mini Stiggy (if I'm not answering) for car info and setup if it turns out this way. Thanks.

2 hours should be easy, a walk in the park 👍 lets hope the servers dont get up to any funny business ! I've hit the nines just cant get them consistent always losing it in the chicane :mischievous:
I don't appreciate you being so fast rono :P I'm not in the nines yet and definitely not consistent...

Great race everyone! The start was weird. I got such a gap in the start that I thought I had done something wrong. Like accelerated ahead of the zone or something, so I actually let off down the straight to let rono catch up. :P Checked it and no I didn't, probably should remember where the zone starts next time though. ^^

I let you build a lead boyo, wanted to get away from the pack so wanted to fight you later on, but I really cannot drive with any type of damage on a pad #needawheel

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a cracking race in PRO, result didn't go my way but lucked into a few spaces on the final lap. Just goes to show how 1 mistake can drastically alter the outcome of a race! Congrats to RS, was a great scrap between us as usual. You were so fast in the middle sector!! Had me sweating like mad at the start, you were all over me!

Looked like there were some very close battles out there today, I certainly enjoyed it anyway!

Don't forget to send your race reports guys, the quicker you do it, the quicker we can post results!

The race today, as long as it seemed, went better than expected. Qualified fourth after putting in a couple of decent laps but was way off pace from where I needed to be. Seems I had to do one more stop than @HAMILTONR and @roberte but it luckily payed off in the end to take second. Honestly I wasn't on my game for this one, which is why I'm surprised I did as well as I did. My mind was everywhere but the race track. Made a lot of silly mistakes, but I don't believe I caused any accidents.

Good race today everyone. Congratulations to @Phouchg for the win. Thanks to the lapped cars as well for being courteous and not causing any problems. (with me at least)

Yeah the lapped cars was really nice today. No problems what so ever with them. Thanks everyone! My second stint was kind of silly as well. Came out in the middle of the pack on racing softs and overtook a couple, spun and then had to do it again. ^^ Silly.

I really need to get my 🤬 together. Haven't had a good race in ages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a cracking race in PRO, result didn't go my way but lucked into a few spaces on the final lap. Just goes to show how 1 mistake can drastically alter the outcome of a race! Congrats to RS, was a great scrap between us as usual. You were so fast in the middle sector!! Had me sweating like mad at the start, you were all over me!

Looked like there were some very close battles out there today, I certainly enjoyed it anyway!

Don't forget to send your race reports guys, the quicker you do it, the quicker we can post results!
Yeah, that was a stunning race, we were literally sharing sectors the whole race. I made a mistake with fuelling at the second medium stint, i lost time in the pits and you slipped through. I thought ok, i need to push really hard now for the rest of the race, but in the next moment you had a big spin at eau rouge which let me get back to the lead, and yeah that was it. I really enjoyed the fight, mate.

Had a great race at Spa. Was very close and finished exactly where I qualified. 6th place? I'm proud.

That was a good battle i had with you @TheLuigi755 your over take going in to Les Combes was CLASS don't know how you got it slow down to make the corner:bowdown: but this wrecked my 1st stint having just come out of pits on RS and still couldn't over take you on old tyres :banghead:

Looks like my original account on gtp has been banned for bypassing swear filter once so looks like im out. C ya guys. So much rage!
rclark83

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Mi_h4x0XKWURu1B4DCzYyG5PTzFlQ0QgIKI5GcyhzCw/viewform

Btw what lap times did you get in pro?

I had two laps I was proud of. My very last lap in quali (which was clearly too late but decided to finish it as it was my best lap and I were in first anyway) 2:09.1 on RS of course.

Second was on RMs in the race. A bit over half tank 2:11.5
I managed a 2'07.9 in the race, RS got pole with a 2'08.2 I think.

Looks like my original account on gtp has been banned for bypassing swear filter once so looks like im out. C ya guys. So much rage!
rclark83
I can hit you up on PSN until you get your account back. Shame you could make it last night, but is opening up the championship quite nicely!

Back