FGTC4 - Formula Gran Turismo Championship 4Finished 

Thanks for the great motivational talk @potvinsuks !
With ABS1 and Traction control 0 I managed 1:55,3 and times are still dropping. Indeed practice is key...

Is it correct that only if you wish to qualify for the red group, all aids should be off?! I am struggling with ABS zero and that has a massive impact on my times...

Thanks for all the support.

You're pretty quick! And the way to get even faster is to ride onboard the faster guys like Immortal for a few laps, see their lines, their apex speeds and how they use their gears and you'll go even faster!

Main thing is consistency, around here tyre wear is high and mistakes easy to make... one mistake can easily cost 10s! Also practice behind other cars because in these things there is a noticeable effect - understeer - that will catch you out if you're not prepared!

Thanks for the great motivational talk @potvinsuks !
With ABS1 and Traction control 0 I managed 1:55,3 and times are still dropping. Indeed practice is key...

Is it correct that only if you wish to qualify for the red group, all aids should be off?! I am struggling with ABS zero and that has a massive impact on my times...

Thanks for all the support.

Try to drive without Abs m8
Then u will be even faster!!! (from my side tho)

practice lobby open guys
God I wish I were there instead of watching people half my age getting married..

You put in some blazing lap times last night!
YES! I was gonna say this, and was going to beg Jon to race with us :lol:. He's pleasantly surprisingly, very very fast indeed mate!

I withdraw for Cape Ring, i dont know how the **** choice this track, bad decision lmao.
I was saying the same thing for a week to myself bro, but then you eventually start getting the hang of it, then start enjoying the track.
Come on Max, show some fighting spirit... you're Canadian for goodness' sake!!!
Arty, I'll say it once and I'll say it a thousand times! You by far are the funniest person I've ever met in Sim Racing :lol::lol::lol:.

You know he's right though mate ;).

Rival Ad-01.png

Here we go again. I am practicing hard on, 0 abs, 0 traction control and no active steering....
Not much of luck. Barely managing 2:00 laps whereas with ABS1 and active steering i am on low 1:55's

How does that work with qualifying? The Blue and yellow groups allow the aids to be ON. Do I still have to qualify regularly with my struggle??
thanks for you help

PS: what are the cut-off times for the Blue and Yellow groups?

Last edited:
Here we go again. I am practicing hard on, 0 abs, 0 traction control and no active steering....
Not much of luck. Barely managing 2:00 laps whereas with ABS1 and active steering i am on low 1:55's

How does that work with qualifying? The Blue and yellow groups allow the aids to be ON. Do I still have to qualify regularly with my struggle??
thanks for you help

REVISED: Hi Eric, we highly recommend ALL DRIVERS do PRE - QUALIFYING because we use time sessions in Pre - Qualifying to decide who will race in which lobby. So please do Pre - Qualifying.
Pointsoverall.png

Last edited:
Hey EricB71. If you prefer not to qualify to race in Lobby RED then you don't need to do Pre - Qualifying. You will automatically be placed in Lobby Yellow. But we recommend all drivers to attempt Pre - Qualifying for every race. You might not be good without ABS and Traction Control for Cape Ring, but for next race you might be able to have a faster time. If you want to get the most points, you need to always attempt to race in lobby RED. There are 9 available spots in Lobby RED. If you are in last place in lobby RED, you will still have more points if you were 1st in Lobby YELLOW.
View attachment 620524

thanks for you help

PS: what are the cut-off times for the Blue and Yellow groups?

REVISED: Hi Eric, we highly recommend ALL DRIVERS do PRE - QUALIFYING because we use time sessions in Pre - Qualifying to decide who will race in which lobby. So please do Pre - Qualifying.
View attachment 620524
Eric,
I'll elaborate on what Dests is saying and will try to convince you to keep ABS off and TC furthermore.

First off, I think although you may be doing better with the ABS on now as opposed to it off, you will eventually start to do faster laps with ABS off once you start getting used to it in the long run.
I know it sounds crazy, but the best way to explain it is, that you feel the physics of the car more, and tend to anticipate it's tendencies.

Also, you definitely DO want to do the Pre-Qualifier mate!
Not doing the Pre-Qualifier does not guarantee an automatic entry into the Yellow Room. Why? Simple because, if 25 drivers post laps and you don't, Red and Yellow Lobby would be full and you'd have to start in Blue Lobby.

GTP: TRL_Andromeda
PSN: TRL_ERAZER
Sweden
Team RedLine
Welcome back buddy :cheers:.

I've managed a 1:52.00 practicing but the damn tire degradation is something I have no experience with. The car is different at every corner. . . I'll adjust, I'm just complaining.
To me, it seems like this track in particular, is a bit of a nuisance in comparison to other tracks with this car Jon.

First, it does indeed degrade quicker then other tracks.
Secondly, it seems like the tyre degradation number is off by 1 digit. Meaning, 8's feel like 7's and 7's feel like 6's :lol:.

I think Red Bull Ring is another track that tends to act this way as well.

Hi everyone, I'm in.
GTP: DBRS007
PSN: DBRS007
Morocco
Good to have you back again buddy :cheers:!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
MAJOR UPDATE GUYS
No ABS (Anti Lock Brake System) allowed, and No TC (Traction Control) allowed throughout all Race Lobbys!

We apologize to any drivers who were under the notion that these aids would be allowed in the Yellow and Blue lobbies!

However, after thinking this through all night and day, we felt that it just wasn't feasible to be able to distinguish and seperate drivers who did or did not use these aids, and to be able to position them in their respective lobbys fairly.

This was something that was thought over very thoroughly, but between the limitations of the Sim, along with better then expected signees, made it nearly impossible to do so.

Last edited:
Hi everybody, i m happy to see the new season! I have just a problem to sign in, because i m don t able to do all the races... So maybe it is a problem for joining a team? I can do maybe 4 or 5 races. Just for fun...
So I don t know which team can get me...I also think that it will be complicated to have 6 drivers per team and make teams homogeneous...
So, if everybody think it is not a problem :
SIERRA95 / SIERRA95 / FRANCE / #25

Jfrod / jfrod52 / Spain / 10
Welcome to the Club mate! Glad to have you. :cheers:

Team 101neumaticos V.R. :

Coming soon list of pilots.

regards !
Thank you for your recruiting efforts and we will be eagerly awaiting the rest of your drivers!

Welcome aboard to the Club Stban! :cheers:

Hi everybody, i m happy to see the new season! I have just a problem to sign in, because i m don t able to do all the races... So maybe it is a problem for joining a team? I can do maybe 4 or 5 races. Just for fun...
So I don t know which team can get me...I also think that it will be complicated to have 6 drivers per team and make teams homogeneous...
So, if everybody think it is not a problem :
SIERRA95 / SIERRA95 / FRANCE / #25
Hi Sierra. No it's not a problem whatsoever mate.

This seasons schedule and the amount of drop races are more then double the amount from last season.

Last season, we only had 8 races which were counted towards the Championship. This season it is 18.
Also, the drop races have gone up from 2 to 4 mate. Even if you were to miss 4 races, a drivers bottom 4 results will not be counted. Heck, I bet with your talents, you could miss 6 races and still find yourself in the top 5 by the end of the season ;).

As far as your concern for the teams missing their drivers for some of the races here and there. We implemented a rule whereas, drivers that miss a race will be awarded points for the lowest scoring teammate for that race in particular :).

And i m not able to do the first race at cape ring... I will be on the "Rally of Montecarlo" this week end ;)...
No worries mate and THANK YOU for letting us know ahead of time 👍.

Good luck in the race mate! Be safe, have a good time, win, and don't forget to send me some souvenirs ;).

guys I´m not going to be able to creat a new PSN account for this championship, I will use the ID I used in the last season: ORMA_Tiago; I will change this in my post
You know I tried to do the same thing last week but couldn't, because it said something like I've used too many names already.
I've only ever used 1 name, but when I lost my entire GT6 Game Data Save last year, I had to start all over again and re-format my PS3!

Although, I used the exact same name, the stupid system must have counted the same name twice :indiff:.

Latest Posts

Back