FerrariF1GT

Doesn’t hate VGTs
Premium
United States
Madison, WI
FerrariF1GT
FerrariFan24
While not FH3-related, this might be noteworthy:

Major Nelson revealed that the first Horizon game will be free for Gold members September 1-15. Like the other 360 games revealed since the backward compatibility announcement IIRC, it will be playable on Xbox One.

https://majornelson.com/2016/08/24/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-september-2016/

My thoughts? I just came back to Horizon not so long ago, pretty much only trying (and failing) to set my records in each of the events. As someone who is careful about his money, I've avoided the DLC for it, and I fear it will be end-of-lifed once this promotion is over, setting me further back from earning Rewards points, as with Forza 3 and Forza 4.

If only FM2/3/4's DLC could be revived and then made available backward compatible. . .

And others' thoughts?

I am glad that FH1 has made the backwards compatible list, I wish Forza 3 and Forza 4 with full DLC be reinstated and made available via Backwards compatibility. Unfortunately, it might be awhile yet as I remember they were finding it challenging with making games with 2 discs backwards compatible. But they need to make it happen.

I'm curious what individuals who started out on FH2 or FH3 will have to say about FH1's physics and barriers that demand keeping your wheels on the pavement. ;)

I travelled over 20,000 virtual miles in this game and maxed out my 1000 Club score with the unicorns I have. It's the closest anything has come to my conception of an ideal driving game. The physics aren't as continually rewarding as Enthusia, but are more engaging to me than any other Forza before or since (FM6 is the one I haven't tried). Colorado is also superior to Southern Europe IMHO, and I'm happy for GTP's Aussies to have some rare representation, but FH3's Australia looks like another serving of Southern Europe.

I fear the series has deviated from what made FH1 so special to me, but maybe FH3 will make good out of the physics tweaks I hear were made for FM6, and maybe FH4 will take place somewhere with more narrow and demanding roads in addition to the popular wide-open highways and fields.

I haven't touched any of the BC titles so far on XB1: does all of the DLC transfer over too?

I'm assuming, since I already own FH1 on my 360, I can just download this, and my cloud-based save will transfer over too, right?

I haven't touched any of the BC titles so far on XB1: does all of the DLC transfer over too?

I'm assuming, since I already own FH1 on my 360, I can just download this, and my cloud-based save will transfer over too, right?

Yes and Yes. I think you might need to re-download the DLC though.

Yes and Yes. I think you might need to re-download the DLC though.

Superb. My 360 has a hell of a time reading my FH1 disc for some reason. I've also been meaning to go back and buy the Rally expansion since I never bothered back then. This will be a good excuse to complete my collection.

I hated the cheesy storyline in FH1 when it came out, but I appreciate it more now. FH2 felt a bit sterile in that department by comparison. FH1 also has a bunch of vehicles that got lost in the 360-->One jump and have appeared nowhere else in the franchise.

I never owned a 360 so I might download it just to see what its like, if nothing else it should be interesting to see how things progressed in 2.

I just wish they would bring Forza 4, see what I missed out on.

This is cool news. So does this mean if we download it to the Xbox One, will it be fully compatible with the Thrustmaster TX or any other X1 wheels?

Looking forward to playing it again, will have to sort out my cloud save. I'm most looking forward to trying the Shelby 1000, which I never actually used.

Might be a long shot, but would they possibly be giving us the unicorn cars as well? Since there's really no way to get them

Now will our original data transfer with the same gamers ago or will we have to start a new game for the Xbox 1 version?

Not sure if this was mentioned but Xbox One wheels will work with BC titles.

Also your save data, if saved to the cloud, will be loaded with the game.

This is great news as I never did complete it when I had a 360 (Plus now I'll have more than enough games to hold me over until FM7). I have no clue if I ever saved the game to the cloud though so I may have to start over. Hopefully my VIP status on the game carries over.

This is a really stupid question, but can I move my current save to the cloud and how? Kind of don't know this lol

This is a really stupid question, but can I move my current save to the cloud and how? Kind of don't know this lol

Yes, you have to go into "Storage" on the 360 and move all the FH1 files that are classified as "Saved Game" to the cloud. There are about 5 or 6 of them, including the actual save file as well as saved photos, setups, etc.

Yes, you have to go into "Storage" on the 360 and move all the FH1 files that are classified as "Saved Game" to the cloud. There are about 5 or 6 of them, including the actual save file as well as saved photos, setups, etc.
Alright thank you

Anyone have an Unrecognized Disc error with the Forza Horizon disc on 360? I tried to load it up last week, just curious about what point my save was in the game, and it kept giving me errors. Every other disc i tried worked fine.

Anyone have an Unrecognized Disc error with the Forza Horizon disc on 360? I tried to load it up last week, just curious about what point my save was in the game, and it kept giving me errors. Every other disc i tried worked fine.

I've had that happening to mine roughly since I got my XB1 last spring, coincidentally. It loaded up successfully once two or three months ago. Makes me all the happier about this GWG announcement.

It's out:

image.jpeg

EDIT: Don't forget to install all your DLC too.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
So I'm guessing that the DLC will not be made available on XBL on my Xbox One for Horizon? Got the hard disc but my DLC is all on my 360 HDD so how do I transfer the files?? Never used cloud before.

It's another reason for me to get Xbox One, if great current gen Forza games werent't enough. They should give away the DLC for free since it's an old game but it's good as it is. I wish they made all Forza games BC, especially Forza 4 (but the DLC, it's not even available and even if it was... it's so expensive to get all the car packs :/ )

So I'm guessing that the DLC will not be made available on XBL on my Xbox One for Horizon? Got the hard disc but my DLC is all on my 360 HDD so how do I transfer the files?? Never used cloud before.
All you need to do is move your save game to the cloud to not lose progress on the XB1.

As stated above:
Go into "Storage" on the 360 and move all the FH1 files that are classified as "Saved Game" to the cloud. There are about 5 or 6 of them, including the actual save file as well as saved photos, setups, etc.

And any DLC content will be available to install when you go Manage game on the XB1.

Back