FH3 Update Glitch Reveals New Cars: Porsches, DB11, ATS-V & More

That's just not true. The government did not mandate any specific cars or models or anything like that. "the U.S. government’s plan transferred a majority of Chrysler’s reorganized stock over to Fiat and unsecured creditors for no consideration other than a promise to build more fuel-efficient vehicles in the U.S. over time."
http://www.forbes.com/sites/halahto...t-and-why-the-stock-is-so-cheap/#2121df36eb31
Chrysler needed to replace the Avenger and the Caliber which were both very old designs. The compact/midsize sedan category is hugely important and profitable. Just ask Toyota with the Camry and Honda with the Accord. They cobbled together something using the Giuletta's underpinnings and got the Dart and Chrysler 200, but neither were as good as they should have been. Instead of getting a better replacement ready, they abandoned the segment.

One of the conditions was to build a small car that got 40 mpg, which the Dart never ended up meeting anyway.

I did a bit more research on the Bentley and some images of the car have actually surfaced already
screen-shot-2017-01-05-at-16.04.48.jpg

screen-shot-2017-01-05-at-16.04.23.jpg

screen-shot-2017-01-05-at-16.05.47.jpg

Hers's old to new list I found:tup:

• 1932 Ford De Luxe Three-Window Coupe
  • 1951 Holden FX Sedan
  • 1956 Porsche 356A
  • 1956 Porsche 550A Spyder
  • 1959 BMW 507
  • 1969 Lola T70 MkIIIB
  • 1970 Honda S800
  • 1970 Porsche 917LH
  • 1971 Chevrolet Vega GT
  • 1971 Jensen Interceptor SP
  • 1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
  • 1972 Chrysler Charger E49
  • 1972 Land Rover Series III
  • 1972 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3
  • 1973 AMC Gremlin X
  • 1977 AMC Pacer X
  • 1977 Porsche 911 Carrera RS
  • 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo
  • 1984 Volvo 242 Turbo Evolution
  • 1985 HDT VK Commodore Group A
  • 1987 Porsche 959
  • 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
  • 1990 Alpine GTA Le Mans
  • 1990 Mazda MX-5
  • 1992 Ford Falcon GT
  • 1993 Toyota T100 Baja Truck
  • 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
  • 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R Nismo LM
  • 1995 Porsche 911 GT2
  • 1996 Ferrari F50 GT
  • 2003 Porsche Carrera GT
  • 2004 Porsche 911 GT3
  • 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
  • 2010 Ferrari 599XX
  • 2010 Mazda MX-5 Super20
  • 2010 Pagani Zonda R
  • 2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
  • 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
  • 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
  • 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
  • 2013 Dodge Dart GT
  • 2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS
  • 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
  • 2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
  • 2015 Jaguar XE-S
  • 2015 Porsche Cayman S
  • 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
  • 2016 Cadillac ATS-V
  • 2016 Honda Civic Type-R
  • 2016 Lotus 3-Eleven
  • 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • 2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
  • 2016 Zenvo ST1
  • 2017 Aston Martin DB11
  • 2017 Bentley Continental Supersports

Alright, I am confused by this list. The list is showing over 50 cars. But we only have 2 car packs left. Each car pack got 7 cars. So with 2 car packs left, we should get a total of 14 cars left.

Why are there over 50 cars on the list?

Alright, I am confused by this list. The list is showing over 50 cars. But we only have 2 car packs left. Each car pack got 7 cars. So with 2 car packs left, we should get a total of 14 cars left.

DLC packs don't stop at the season pass.

Most, if not all of those cars may either a) Be part of future car packs beyond the initial season pass or b) Not make it into FH3 but stand a good chance of appearing in FM7.

It is worth remembering that some of these cars may not end up in Horizon 3. Do we remember the Metro 6R4 that was spotted in the Forza 5 dev build? That didn't even turn up until the next game, and in an expansion months after release at that.

It is worth remembering that some of these cars may not end up in Horizon 3. Do we remember the Metro 6R4 that was spotted in the Forza 5 dev build? That didn't even turn up until the next game, and in an expansion months after release at that.
Although saying that, It seems odd that they would add cars like the 917 and Lola to the code if they weren't going to release them for the game.

I don't understand why they went with a Series III Land Rover. The IIa is universally regarded as the superior model. Just please please please let it not be a US market model. They already made that mistake with the Defender.

I don't understand why they went with a Series III Land Rover. The IIa is universally regarded as the superior model. Just please please please let it not be a US market model. They already made that mistake with the Defender.
The IIa is my favourite for looks. What about it is regarded better than the III?

The IIa is my favourite for looks. What about it is regarded better than the III?
The Series 3 had a full synchro gearbox that's less sturdy than the older one. It also has a heavier more car-like interior. And arguably the Series 2 is a nicer looking vehicle.

They don't make mistakes, they just source locally because it's cheaper and easier.
It's a simple matter of using images readily available to construct the British market one. It's how they build them anyway, take a bunch of pictures and then reproduce it on a computer.

It's a simple matter of using images readily available to construct the British market one. It's how they build them anyway, take a bunch of pictures and then reproduce it on a computer.

They have been using laser scanning as well for a few years now. Generally that's the preferred method, and the photo process substituted where access is limited or unavailable.

They have been using laser scanning as well for a few years now. Generally that's the preferred method, and the photo process substituted where access is limited or unavailable.
From what I've read they do very little laser scanning. Most of the time they take a lot of measurements and hundreds of photographs. Laser scanning is pretty much only done on museum-quality racing cars and the like.

From what I've read they do very little laser scanning. Most of the time they take a lot of measurements and hundreds of photographs. Laser scanning is pretty much only done on museum-quality racing cars and the like.

The process I'm referring to is where they cover the car with a tape grid and map a point at each intersection. Not sure the exact term but I beileve they've referred to it as a form of laser scanning. I've seen it done on everything from a Veryron to an Omni.

The process I'm referring to is where they cover the car with a tape grid and map a point at each intersection. Not sure the exact term but I beileve they've referred to it as a form of laser scanning. I've seen it done on everything from a Veryron to an Omni.
I'm referring to the interior

Interesting that there's still complaints that more Australian cars need to be added. The base game has more Aussie models than any other game title in history (outside of games dedicated to the V8 series), and all but one of the DLC packs so far have increased that count.

It's like the S14 all over again.

I believe this is because Aussie cars have had next to no representation in any car game where both mechanical and visual upgrades are possible. Some of the most fun I've had in Horizon 3 is making multiple variants of the same car.

I've lost count of how many XR GTs I have lol.

Dont get me wrong, I am more than happy with the representation that we have finally got in a racing game, but I would not complain if they bought more. TBH, I hope they release an Aussie car pack DLC later down the track.

There are still many Aussie cars i'd like to see in this game.

I believe this is because Aussie cars have had next to no representation in any car game where both mechanical and visual upgrades are possible. Some of the most fun I've had in Horizon 3 is making multiple variants of the same car.

I've lost count of how many XR GTs I have lol.

Dont get me wrong, I am more than happy with the representation that we have finally got in a racing game, but I would not complain if they bought more. TBH, I hope they release an Aussie car pack DLC later down the track.

There are still many Aussie cars i'd like to see in this game.

I have to concur with this statement. I hope we get more generations of the Commodores & Falcons & then other Holdens & Fords not currently in the game.

I would like to see the Joss Supercar in Forza.

Also our neighbour New Zealand needs their cars in game to or future games.

Last edited:
I have to concur with this statement. I hope we get more generations of the Commodores & Falcons & then other Holdens & Fords not currently in the game.

I would like to see the Joss Supercar in Forza.

Also our neighbour New Zealand needs their cars in game to or future games.
Kiwiland really doesn't have too many cars, though. The worthlessly slow little Trekka, and the Esprit-knockoff Rover V8 powered Heron kit car. That's about it.

South Africa has a much richer (comparatively) car manufacturing history. The Basil Green Fords, Chevrolet Firenza CanAm, the ZA market only E12 530 MLE (very first M car from BMW, in fact) and M1 powered 745i, Chrysler Barracuda, the Flamingo sports car. And a few others.

Back