FIA Events '18 - World Finals Monaco Finished! Congrats to Team Lexus and Igor Fraga for Brazil!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Wardez, Sep 14, 2018.

1. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

That may affect his performance in the event... Ooops!

By the way, aren't you behind yamado_racing38 in your group photo in front of the Munich airport?

2. Wardez

Wardez Staff Emeritus

Post photos here guys!!

kalakanto, sirjim73 and RoadBeef like this.
  3. Kano Manel

Kano Manel Premium

just a quick one, when you guys go to this events, do SONY pay you for hotel, tickets and expenses? Or do they just give you PUMA stuff? Not any bad intention at all with this question , just thinkinhg that you deserve an actual reward for you performance.

RoadBeef likes this.
  4. mclarenLB

mclarenLB

Yes and Yes, I spent a total of 13 Euros on the entire Germany trip.

perja55, kalakanto, Quakebass and 4 others like this.
  5. mthomas_95

mthomas_95

I'm not sure about Manufacturers for the World Final, Regionals for Nations in EMEA at least should be in the next week or so. Focus seems to have been on this World Tour event for now.

Yes I am the extremely pale skinned one in the middle, 2 months earlier and I'd have a nice tan :lol:

Both, other esports events do cash prizes with the catch that you have to make your own way there, back and accommodation. Often the lower place prizes won't cover the costs of the journey. This way no one is really going to be out of pocket really.

perja55, RoadBeef and DaigoD like this.
  6. HellzFire

HellzFire

This has been amazing so far. Great places and even better people. Everyone from Polyphony is so helpful about everything. They're amazing. The drivers are great, i have to mention the french tho, they were so much fun in todays dinner lmao.

But i really wanted to meet Tom, the guy that was holding my chances together because of my passport issues, and for my surprise, he came over to talk with me i had to ask for a hug, he was the main guy responsable for me getting the spot.

I'll never forget this week and i'll eternally be grateful for everyone involved in the event, especially Tom.

Thanks.

Edit: Also big mention to the Austrians that said i could drink water from the sink here, saved my life on the Wednesday just after arriving in the hotel with massive thirst. The water is better than i pay in my home exclusively for drinking. :lol::lol:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    kub_man, perja55, PirovacBoy and 33 others like this.
  7. TRL LIGHTNING

TRL LIGHTNING Premium

8. Espial

Espial

You are most welcome, glad to help.

I think people even started ordering tap water at the restaurants now too :D

perja55, Doodle, praiano63 and 2 others like this.
  9. RA1784

RA1784

You also can use some credits to upgrade our water to Stiegl beer :cheers:

sundaydriving, Pfei, garix and 2 others like this.
  10. JayOTT

JayOTT (Banned)

Well he's gotten around to emailing me now and tell me, if there's no shady business going on, why does he need to ask for information that we've already supplied? If he's truly working for PD he should already have access to all of that from the official registration form.

Forgive me for being paranoid, but 'tom' hasn't given me any reason to feel comfortable co-operating with him.

11. speedychicken

speedychicken

Just recieved email didn't make it to regional, good luck all that make it!

12. sundaydriving

sundaydriving

If @Famine indicated its legit, it probably is.

In the corporate world the left hand often has no clue what the right one is doing.

13. force ewerby

force ewerby

If you're talking about Tom Robberechts, we literally met the guy at the Nurburgring World Tour

Cuber Tom likes this.
  14. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

Have fun there and good luck with the wheel.
    Yes "taperal" water is very good , even knowing it's just dirty waste water with a very good sewage treatment :cheers::cheers::lol::lol: !!

hellZfirE likes this.
  15. mclarenLB

mclarenLB

The PD guys in Japan operate entirely independently to the PD guys in Europe. But to answer more specifically, Tom dealt with all the emails and with all the drivers personally at the Nürburgring World Tour, I too, have met him.

16. DaigoD

DaigoD

Do we know when the racing starts tomorrow?

It’s not. One of the advantages of living in the Alps is to have fresh water directly from the mountains. No treatment or additives required:cheers:

17. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

I have read somewhere that PD makes these “World Tour” events for promoting purposes of the FIA Finals and GT itself and yet zero adverts anywhere, zero posts about it on playstation blogs, zero posts on the official FB page. No programme scheduled, no information about when races are held has been given.

They failed yet again, no one knows about this event and probably no one outside of GTP will ever know. How have they not learnt anything??

18. garix

garix

Something can be found here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/at/gtsport/worldtour/salzburg2018/

19. queleuleu

queleuleu

Agree at 100%. Some posts here and there and that's all. Tbh, all the eyes are on Forza Horizon at the moment, it's like the GTA of racing games today.

20. commanderr

commanderr

Seen multiple posts on Facebook about the event this week including 2 today with links to livestreams and a trailer. But that is from the official fb account. Have not seen anything from playstation if that is what you mean.

Would love to hear more from the players on the event like the last one. I love those insights :)

21. Auditore

Auditore

I assume the Fia Regional finals and the Finals will have a bigger promotion,Playstation did promote the Nurburgring World Tour on their channel,i would expect the same for the FIA championships,it's a shame the Red Bull World Tour is kinda off the radar

22. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

Good luck everyone, enjoy it!

Keep an eye out for @Famine who will be representing GTP and covering the event for us. :gtpflag:

I have known Tom for years; he's a great guy and you can trust him.

One thing you will come to learn as you interact with large corporations: they are made up of amazing people who are very passionate and hard-working, but as a collective, it is difficult for all of them to be on exactly the same page, all the time. Your skepticism is healthy, but fortunately this community is here to help you out. Don't let this hiccup cause you to miss an awesome experience.

23. Famine

Famine Administrator

Now you mention it, I thought it was odd that I'm in Salzburg...

perja55, Aderrrm, ProjectF and 9 others like this.
  24. Lee x sensai

Lee x sensai

That GT logo

25. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

They are promoting GT gamers, they've won again.

26. OutlawQuadrnt

OutlawQuadrnt

I suppose I'm trying to enjoy the experience and not thinking as much about posting stuff until everything is wrapped up. That and I'm far from the biggest name out there. :lol:

A few tidbits I could share before I head off for bed:

- Something I've said before but if you're ever wanting to do something like this, get your passport first. These chances don't come out often and turnaround time to take advantage can be rather short.

- Check whether the country you're traveling to has a different electrical socket than your home country. Not every place you go may have a usb port to charge your stuff. I did get one of those travel charger things but I may bring a spare if there is a next time.

- Do understand that for these type of events, some days can run quite long. I forget what time my group left the hotel Friday but we only got back to the hotel at around midnight local time. Had a similar experience with GT Academy Regionals. Lots of downtime within that day as well.

- Hangar 7 is quite nice but not the most comfortable when the sun bears down on it.

- McDonald's is fine American cuisine (bit of an in-joke).

- Results may vary when doing the conversion from a pad/non-Thrustmaster wheel.

- If on a long flight, don't expect to sleep on the plane. I thought I could and ended up staying awake around 26 hours or so.

27. Sander 001

Sander 001

It's race day and I have seen very little about the Manufacturer championship. I think it's more interesting but seems it's put on the backburner?

28. Famine

Famine Administrator

Well, I'm here after all. I have many leather-bound books...

20180922_092118.jpg

perja55, ProjectF, Jordan and 5 others like this.
  29. rono_thomas

rono_thomas Premium

Is it broadcast anywheres?

30. Famine

Famine Administrator

Check on GTP's news page in about 2hr10.

perja55 and rono_thomas like this.