FIA GT3: The present of GT racing, the future of GT6?

• Thread starter SagarisGTB
  • 336 comments
As you probably know, PD has recently revealed and confirmed the Mercedes SLS GT3 in it's recent reveal of GT6. And clearly even by itself this is a great addition to GT6, but I can't help wanting more. The FIA GT3 classification is a very popular class of cars and is being used all over the world in various racing series. GT3 cars are currently racing in the Blancpain Endurance Series, FIA GT, Super GT (GT300), Super Taikyu (ST1), VLN (SP9), GT Open, and pretty much every national GT series in Europe. The cars are balanced by BoP, so if PD can recreate them all accurately, they would be naturally balanced stock in the game.

The thing that makes this class a natural fit within GT6 is that the licenses required are almost all there already (except for the Porsche 911 GT3) and PD has a visibly good relationship with most of the manufacturers.

The cars that would presumably be easy for PD to get into the game are:
Audi R8 LMS ultra
BMW Z4 GT3
Nissan GT-R GT3 (already there as the Schulze GT-R GT3, but a paintable version would be desired)
McLaren MP4-12C GT3

Other cars within reach are:
Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 (AMR cars might be a separate license, there has yet to be an AMR car in a GT game)
Ferrari 458 GT3 (built by Michelotto, perhaps requires a secondary license)
Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 (built by Reiter, probably requires a secondary license)

Maybe I'm asking for too much, but these cars, along with a livery editor, would automatically make GT6 a great game, regardless of the rest of the game. PD has a great opportunity here, hopefully they come through with at least a few of these cars.

Correct me if i'm wrong. I think Yamauchi said years ago, he wants DTM and GT cars in a future GT. I hope we finally get them, because i'm a fan of those cars and race series.

Look at those cars. Stunning!
bmUploads_2013-05-15_2618_Mercedes-Benz-SLS-AMG-GT3-11_73Front.jpg
bmUploads_2013-05-15_2626_NISSAN-GT-R-R35-NISMO-GT3-13_73Front.jpg

ch3ng
Correct me if i'm wrong. I think Yamauchi said years ago, he wants DTM and GT cars in a future GT. I hope we finally get them, because i'm a fan of those cars and race series.

Look at those cars. Stunning!

Yeah. I remember that, he wanted work with GT5 2 more years and add DTM and FIA GT cars

The major step was for PD to race the NISMO GT3 this year. We got the R8 LMS early. So I'm certain we'll get the rest of the GT3 field. Maybe even that crazy looking GT car in the Dubai 24hr. Also, the SLS GT3 customer car just came out after GT5 and this is the only car Other than V8s I wanted in the game. This would make the endurance races much more up to date. I'm confident we'll get the 458, McLaren, Lamborghini, Aston and Z4.

When I opened up the current Nur 24H Time Trial, I thought it was the NISMO GT3 at first. That's alright, hope to try it in a couple months.

Maybe I'm asking for too much
Oh, not even. I've been asking for every racing license that SONY can afford to fund. The FIA GT licenses are just what I've been asking for, as they offer a number of classes with some excellent cars.

Some may poo-poo this idea, but I'm hoping that if Kaz can't manage to get any more racing league support for Gran Turismo, to make fantasy leagues as they did with Formula GT. I'm hopeful that a whole slew of racing series, even seasons and a Career Mode are awaiting us in GT6.

Which is a great mentality to have and would be a great start to building GT6. Unfortunately, Diamler announced 'the three cars that will be in GT6' and the C-klasse DTM was not amongst them. Not a good start for the prospects of DTM in GT6. :indiff:
I'm confident we'll get the 458, McLaren, Lamborghini, Aston and Z4.
I like your confidence, but knowing PD as we do, it's completely up in the air at this point. We might get no more GT3 cars, we might get one more GT3 car, we might get a few more GT3 cars. We have no idea.

But what I'm fairly certain of is that we won't get the Lamborghini. The car is made by Rieter and the car isn't popular/widely used anymore.
Oh, not even. I've been asking for every racing license that SONY can afford to fund. The FIA GT licenses are just what I've been asking for, as they offer a number of classes with some excellent cars.
Tbh, I don't think an FIA GT license would add much to the game. Most series licenses won't give you much more than use of the name and logo, as the rights to the cars belong to the manufacturers, especially when the cars aren't specific to the series.

But I still like your line of thinking. Using Kaz's wish for DTM and FIA GT (GT3), along with fleshing out Super GT, as a base, you can create a modern set of flexible and popular race cars to race with (without too much modeling and using existing licenses).

For example:
Entire 2013 Super GT (GT500) field
3 cars, 15 skins

2012 or 2013 DTM field
3 cars, 16-22 skins (depending on if you can get the semi-privateer teams)

2013 JAF GTs
3 cars, 4 skins

FIA GT3 class
up to 7 cars, 0+ skins

Throw in a few GT4 cars, a few GT2/GTE cars, a few cup cars and a few LMPs and you've pretty much got sportscar racing covered. It doesn't seem so difficult to me! PD already have the licenses/relationships in place, they could do a lot more with what they've got, but their focus seems to be elsewhere. But I digress.

Last edited:
I have long-desired the presence of GT3 cars in Gran Turismo, and would gladly drop a wad of cash if they were DLC, but one category of cars that really needs to be represented (and has never been represented in any form in any previous GT as far as I can tell) would be the inclusion of LMP2 Prototypes. Let us drive the Greaves and Signatech cars!

Why are u creating for everything a New Thread? I asked this in the "Basic GT 6 Questions" Thread .

BTW the Ford and the Aston Martin GT 3 cars are confirmed too!

Just checked the Master list thread about the Aston, good stuff.

I just figure PD include a few new cars in current GT games. WHEN GT6 arrives, we'll probably get a few '13 models, majority '11 year models and earlier. DLC '13, '14 and special models. S, I'm thinking we'll get the Lamborghini even though its not used( but in GT300), just like the Diablo GT-1. At the same time, I'm gonna pull back a little because I like what I see so far. I'm excited about knowing what's coming in terms of the big picture( we know we're getting a game soon).

I'm hoping that as well. If PD do a colour pallet like they did with the R8 LMS and give us the Black Swan livery, ill be a little disappointed but won't be too upset.

I certainly hope we'll just more than just the SLS GT3. It's completely pointless to have one single car from a Racing Series, as it has no compitition.

Im hoping that if there are problems getting certain GT3 licences that PD create RM cars instead (obviously built to GT3 specs). So if the official Lamborghini GT3 is a problem, make a Gallardo RM, problem solved.

Edit: They could also circumvent the lack of Porsche GT3 cars. RUF RM!

Last edited:
People complain about too many Japanese cars, and they have a fairly large Super GT roster, so I think they kind of have to throw in a load of GT3 cars.

Yeah. I remember that, he wanted work with GT5 2 more years and add DTM and FIA GT cars

Yeah. Brands Hatch has been added for the DTM cars and Bathurst for the Nissan (Erebus) V8 Supercar. It's obvious. :sly:

It's a no-brainer that it would be a great addition to GT6 if we had full grids available for the most popular racing series around the world. Aussie V8's, FIA GT3, Indy Cars, ALMS etc. etc. etc. The ability to impose and easily manage handicaps on cars would also be a great additional feature. Something like a list of cars pops up for the host if you are hosting a "series" based race or any other race for that matter, and he/she inputs the allowed specs for each car. A far better slate of real life race tracks is also a must.

What a tremendous benefit both of these things would be for race organizers and a boon for open lobby racing as well!!

Kazunori Yamauchi has been quoted in the past saying that the GT3-series was one that almost made it into GT5, but got scrapped due to time constraints. (if I recall correctly)

There's already the Audi R8 in the game as a standard, just not the latest R8 ultra.

Mercedes SLS GT3 is confirmed.
Nissan GT-R GT3 is confirmed.

According to reports, they have also worked on the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 and the Ford GT GT3.

Which leaves the following homologated GT3 models to tend to...

BMW Z4
Chevrolet Corvette
Ferrari 458
Lamborghini Gallardo
McLaren MP4-12C
Porsche 911 (yeah, right)

And 2 more models that are not raced anymore in 2013 (both were raced in the German GT3 series exclusively):

Chevrolet Camaro
Alpina B6

Don't forget the Lotus Evora GT3 should be possible.

Two others, not licenced as yet, are the Bentley Continental GT3 and the Ginetta G55 GT3 as well.

Don't forget the Lotus Evora GT3 should be possible.

Two others, not licenced as yet, are the Bentley Continental GT3 and the Ginetta G55 GT3 as well.

To my knowledge there is only a GTE version of the Evora, but I could be wrong.

There's also a Maserati GranTurismo GT3 already running in the International GT Open, I think.

Back