FIA GT3: The present of GT racing, the future of GT6?

• Thread starter SagarisGTB
  • 336 comments
I'm still confused as to why the SLS GT3 has no livery. Why? Will there be no-livery-versions for the other GT3 cars? Will we be able to create our own liveries?

The SLS is fairly new. I can only surmise PD left it as no livery to indicate it is either paintable, it is a customer car therefore no proper factory MERCEDES-BENZ AMG livery or The overall winners of the 2013 Dubai 24hours/Bathurst 12Hour/Nurburgring 24H came after they rendered the SLS GT3.

The SLS is fairly new. I can only surmise PD left it as no livery to indicate it is either paintable, it is a customer car therefore no proper factory MERCEDES-BENZ AMG livery or The overall winners of the 2013 Dubai 24hours/Bathurst 12Hour/Nurburgring 24H came after they rendered the SLS GT3.

The GTR GT3 is newer than the SLS and the Z4 is about the same age.

The GTR GT3 is newer than the SLS and the Z4 is about the same age.

PD have close ties with NISSAN MOTORSPORT easy access to the GT-R I'm sure. He Z4 is in BMW Motorsport livery. Like I said, the SLS doesn't have a factory livery for racing so it's maybe, just maybe one of the reasons is they left it blank.

I worry that the AI (Offline events) with the GT3 cars will be just like the Super GT 500s.... NSX blew the SC430's out of the water.

ANyways, I look forward to the originality of PD for offline mode races.. Throw these GT3's on La Sarthe as a class under LMPs or something.

Throw these cars onto the Ring as the top class with some smaller Toyota 86 RM's or Mini Cooper RM's in a seperate class.

I worry that the AI (Offline events) with the GT3 cars will be just like the Super GT 500s.... NSX blew the SC430's out of the water.

ANyways, I look forward to the originality of PD for offline mode races.. Throw these GT3's on La Sarthe as a class under LMPs or something.

Throw these cars onto the Ring as the top class with some smaller Toyota 86 RM's or Mini Cooper RM's in a seperate class.

Yes. 8 Golf RMs, Lupo GTi Cup cars, MMR cup cars, etc and 8 GT3 cars battling for the lead. If PD can up the on track car count to 6 more, it would be awesome.

That video... with delta wing leading and the GT3s following.. maybe that was a ford GT in the background... OR maybe it was the P4/5 :embarrassed:

Haha.. anyways, hopefully that car gets thrown into the mix as well!

PD have close ties with NISSAN MOTORSPORT easy access to the GT-R I'm sure. He Z4 is in BMW Motorsport livery. Like I said, the SLS doesn't have a factory livery for racing so it's maybe, just maybe one of the reasons is they left it blank.
How awesome if there's no way to change livery. Lame plain body SLS vs. Schulze Motorsport GT-R.
LoL.

How awesome if there's no way to change livery. Lame plain body SLS vs. Schulze Motorsport GT-R.
LoL.

May not be a livery change, but one of those 84 pictures posted earlier had bumper cam view with an SLS in front... looked like a dark blue to me..

Paintable?

i1ERuromCOQ6mRH.jpg

May not be a livery change, but one of those 84 pictures posted earlier had bumper cam view with an SLS in front... looked like a dark blue to me..

Paintable?
Still one color.
You can paint in every color you want it's still a lame plain body race car. At least give us a fictional GT livery like the RM cars.

I suspect their passion for lame decisions will severely hit the gameplay, once again.

Still one color.
You can paint in every color you want it's still a lame plain body race car. At least give us a fictional GT livery like the RM cars.

I suspect their passion for lame decisions will severely hit the gameplay, once again.

HKS, so what if it is plain? What does it matter? Its the same car...

Still one color.

Lame? You see a plain bodied SLS GT3 and conclude it's a 'lame' decision? The liveries are TEAM cars, not MERCEDES cars. The SLS GT3 is a CUSTOMER car not ran by a factory backed team. The Phoenix R8 BMW Z4 and GTR are either factory backed or Gran Turismo linked. Get the facts straight. Gran Turismo might not have permission to model certain liveries on SLS GT3 cars, if any.

Lame? You see a plain bodied SLS GT3 and conclude it's a 'lame' decision? The liveries are TEAM cars, not MERCEDES cars. The SLS GT3 is a CUSTOMER car not ran by a factory backed team. The Phoenix R8 BMW Z4 and GTR are either factory backed or Gran Turismo linked.

I don't do this often on GTP, but Seth, I agree with you.

Also it is more difficult to get licenses with smaller teams than larger manufacturers.

Also it is more difficult to get licenses with smaller teams than larger manufacturers.
That's why you can always add fictional liveries, as I said like they did with RM and Touring Cars. If you enjoy plain body race cars go ahead pre order GT6 you'll be happy.

To me they are lame, not because they are plain body (sometimes I do use carbon fiber plain body cars, during my track day test in rFactor). They are lame because you can't even add a numberplate and real racing requite you to have one.

For instance:
FIA GT1 Reiter Lamborghini Murcielago 2003
fiagt_2003_monza_reiter_lamborghini.jpg

That's why you can always add fictional liveries, as I said like they did with RM and Touring Cars. If you enjoy plain body race cars go ahead pre order GT6 you'll be happy.

Not every race car has hundreds of sponsors and corporate money.

To me they are lame, not because they are plain body (sometimes I do use carbon fiber plain body cars, during my track day test in rFactor). They are lame because you can't even add a numberplate and real racing requite you to have one.

For instance:
FIA GT1 Reiter Lamborghini Murcielago 2003
fiagt_2003_monza_reiter_lamborghini.jpg

No numberplate there.

EDIT: Unless you mean number stickers.

Last edited:
Not every race car has hundreds of sponsors and corporate money.
Most of times even smaller teams with no sponsors run with some sort of liveries. Example:

HRT F1
2011-02-08+-+HRT+F1+Team-+HRT+F111+02.jpg

They have no sponsors so they tells the world they are looking for some "Your Logo, This Could Be You, Cool Spot."

Brawn GP
Brawn.GP.2.Spain.09.jpg

White body, fluorescent yellow/black decals. Simple but effective.

No numberplate there.
How do you call that white decal on the side with a red 36 number? In nogripracing.com which is an english lenguage site they do call that it "numberplate".

HKS racer
Most of times even smaller teams with no sponsors run with some sort of liveries. Example:

HRT F1

They have no sponsors so they tells the world they are looking for some "Your Logo, This Could Be You, Cool Spot."

Brawn GP

White body, fluorescent yellow/black decals. Simple but effective.

How do you call that white decal on the side with a red 36 number? In nogripracing.com which is an english lenguage site they do call that it "numberplate".

Still a race car no matter if it has a livery. HRT and Brawn had no sponsors. I always though nogrip was an English "language" site and would love to see a link to it, considering I am a member there. They are not called numberplates.

This seems like such a pedantic argument.

Ultimately, HKS racer likes liveries and considers them necessary to a race car, Furinkazen doesn't. This shouldn't become a debate as to whether 'number plate' is a legitimate name for a number decal.

Returning to topic, was GT racing one license Kaz wanted for GT5 but couldn't get, if I recall right?

Still a race car no matter if it has a livery. HRT and Brawn had no sponsors.
But they had a livery or you are trying to deny it?

Still a race car no matter if it has a livery. HRT and Brawn had no sponsors. I always though nogrip was an English "language" site and would love to see a link to it, considering I am a member there. They are not called numberplates.
When I download "numberplates" from the download section they are actually called "numberplates". Anyway call them how the heck you want. Real racing require you to use a race number and eventually some mandatory "event sponsors" like VLN http://www.vln.de/teilnehmerinfos.gb.php click on "Sponsor placements 2013". Every car MUST add those decals even if they intend to race with a plain body car.

Returning to topic, was GT racing one license Kaz wanted for GT5 but couldn't get, if I recall right?

Yes, and the presence of the R8 LMS as well as the likeness of the Z06 RM to the Z06.R GT3 racecar shows that this was something they wanted to get to.

Yeah...we technically have two R8's... the team playstation (Standard) and Team Phoenix.... if they're smart enough to add the team playstation one to the grid... which I hope they do.

The ford GT test car is also welcomed to the grid in my eyes... just down the power and it looks the part!

Hopefully they include the blank livery LMS's into the crowd too. Adds to the field.

But ultimately... a Vantage GT3 and 458 GT3!

You should know PD by now, there won't be any replacing. Only duplicating.

No. I don't 'know PD'. Anything can change. And it wouldn't be a duplicate because they are different models and years. My point is they should forget about the standard Playstation car being premium and just put in the PSVita liveried car from 2012 (ran by the team with the bilstein R8 featured in these demos).

Yeah...we technically have two R8's... the team playstation (Standard) and Team Phoenix.... if they're smart enough to add the team playstation one to the grid... which I hope they do.

The ford GT test car is also welcomed to the grid in my eyes... just down the power and it looks the part!

We also have the 2012 GTR GT3 that's currently DLC and the isn't the '04 Falken Skyline also a GT3 car?

Back