FIA GT3: The present of GT racing, the future of GT6?

• Thread starter SagarisGTB
  • 336 comments
Cars that I want in GT6

2009-Audi-R8-LMS-N24-01.jpg

ford-gt-gt3.jpg

2013-01-24-corvette-stingray-c7.r.jpg

1, That Audi was actually in GT5, the number was changed for some reason.
2. Just redo the Sample on the Ford GT LM Spec II and Gulf LM. They look better and it's not (theoretically) that hard.
3. YES Just like this! (ecxept Stealth:)) They can use the engine samples from the C6.R because it will basically have the same engine more or less. I also heard that the real C7.R could appear by this summer for competition in 2014.

Last edited:
This isn't a wishlist...
This is a wish thread. Lighten up. ;) Too many people want to play minimod these days.

Anyway, we definitely need a substantial race car stable to not just supply single player events with races, series and championships, but online as well. We'll finally be able to create our own clubs and leagues, and host single races, series and championships. This is making a wide variety of race cars of various leagues and types a necessity. If we get full blown Race Mod for most cars as well as a Livery Editor, we can accomplish this ourselves when the car list is short. But if we don't get those two, then PD has got to pick up the slack with a variety of race cars and league types.

I think we'll be getting a nice Race Mod system and that Livery Editor though, considering we got a sniff of both in GT5 and may fans complained pretty loudly about how limited they are. Add the fact that we'll be building online racing clubs and leagues, and both are pretty much essential in my view.

According to reports, they have also worked on the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 and the Ford GT GT3.
The old Matech or the new Lambda?
Evora is available as a GT3 and GTE car. The Masarati was a GT4 car the last I heard.
There was never an Evora homologated for GT3, only the Exige. The Maserati GT3 is "new" this year, but it's really just a converted MC (GT4).

So an update: Four GT3 cars were shown in the latest trailer at E3.

The list of GT3 cars in GT6 is now at 4:
Audi R8 LMS ultra (Phoenix, VLN)
BMW Z4 GT3
Nissan GT-R GT3 (Schulze, VLN)
Mercedes SLS AMG GT3

Really getting there. I would say I would be satisfied with the list as it is now, if the cars are all paintable. 👍

However these are the ones I would have expected to see in GT6 if PD was putting GT3 cars into the game, so I'm not terribly confident we will be seeing more. We could still get the McLaren or Ferrari (maybe even the Aston), but it looks like PD is looking at VLN cars more than GT3 cars from any other series.

Last edited:
Am I the only one worried about the abismal difference in terms of performance between the GT3 cars that are confirmed to be in GT6? I mean, why PD would give the GT-R a whopping 50HP more than the SLS? The SLS has "only" 497HP whereas the R8 shows a whopping 562HP!!! Looks like PD hasn't learned and we'll once again have a race series dominated by only one car that'll nonsensically smash the competition, and it looks like, unsurprisingly, it's gonna be a GT-R...

i1ppBNas1YkleSB.jpg

If you look up each of the GT3 cars you have there, you'll find the horsepower rating is very accurate. The SLS is rated and said to be "capped" at 500. The R8 LMS at 500, however the LMs Ultra at 570. Not sure which one that R8 is, I suppose it's an Ultra. Also the Z4 at 508. And the Nismo GT-R at 543-550 HP. Google is a close friend, and this is pulled from various sources.

Am I the only one worried about the abismal difference in terms of performance between the GT3 cars that are confirmed to be in GT6? I mean, why PD would give the GT-R a whopping 50HP more than the SLS? The SLS has "only" 497HP whereas the R8 shows a whopping 562HP!!! Looks like PD hasn't learned and we'll once again have a race series dominated by only one car that'll nonsensically smash the competition, and it looks like, unsurprisingly, it's gonna be a GT-R...
Those are probably the official numbers.

Look here (2012 Audi R8 LMS ultra cited at 570 PS (562 hp)
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/audi/2012-audi-r8-lms-ultra-ar120067.html

And here (2011 BMW Z4 GT3 cited at 509 hp)
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/4804/BMW-Z4-GT3.html

And here (2013 Nissan GT-R GT3 cited at 543 hp)
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/5347/Nissan-GT-R-Nismo-GT3.html

SLS is cited at 500 hp. They should all roughly be the same pace, but in real life the newer cars are slightly faster.

Edit: Treed.

Dino, the R8 LMS was discontinued after 2011 and replaced by the LMS ultra for 2012. It's just an upgraded car. The 2012 car shown in the trailer is an ultra.

Last edited:
Look up the FIA GT3 website. It gives you the exact specs on each GT3 machine. It's how I set up all my race cars from real world specs. The Australian Porsche Carrera Cup( although its a different class of car, i use in reference to the RGT) website also gives the specs for the gearing and LSD. Man, I'm excited for this game. I really don't care about the sounds. They'll be good enough. I like that Pit Lane limiter in the Delta Wing dash. Interaction with the game like that would be a nice addition( highly unlikely). We'll be pleasantly surprised with more of the new cars closer to launch date.

Oh yeah, see those new pics? Goodbye UCD, fully rendered cars for me, in my garage only!

i1ppBNas1YkleSB.jpg

Its called Balance of Performance. The FIA GT3 series has always had it. Please do your research.

So I asume there will be 20 cars available in the demo?

At the bottom of the above screen it says L1 (-)( ) R1 , you can only switch one time as it seems.

At the bottom of the above screen it says L1 (-)( ) R1 , you can only switch one time as it seems.

Well, up to 20 at least. There may just be one or two cars on the next page.

Its called Balance of Performance. The FIA GT3 series has always had it. Please do your research.

Actually, the horsepower figures in this menu look like the maximum figures on the FIA GT Series homepage. It also mentions there that the Audi has a range of 500-560hp, depending on restrictor plates. Looks like they modeled it like that, and if it's too fast in the game, you will have to restrict it.

I'm not too worried about absolute evenness of GT3 cars. I'm thinking it's a sort of given, that we will have to make our own Balance of Performance for a racing series anyway.

Anyway, I'm happy to see another GT3 car (the BMW). Now we've got 4. Only another 7 or so to go...

Aston Martin Vantage
Corvette Z06
Ferrari 458
Ford GT
Lamborghini Gallardo
McLaren MP4-12
Porsche 911 :indiff:

Next page MIGHT be(I have no idea):
11. Light Car Company Rocket
12. Ferrari DINO
13. Lamborghini Countach
14. Alpine A110
15. Honda/Acura NSX
16. Toyota GT86
17. 370Z
18. R35 GT-R
19. Ferrari 458( maybe?)
20. McLaren MP4-12C( maybe?)

Next page MIGHT be(I have no idea):
11. Light Car Company Rocket
12. Ferrari DINO
13. Lamborghini Countach
14. Alpine A110
15. Honda/Acura NSX
16. Toyota GT86
17. 370Z
18. R35 GT-R
19. Ferrari 458( maybe?)
20. McLaren MP4-12C( maybe?)

Don't forget the Nissan Leaf, assuming thats definitely in GT6.

But... why the have taken the Z4 '11 version, instead of the 2013 version?? LOL

That car came 2nd in the 2011 Nürburgring 24 hours. The win was taken by a Porsche and they couldn't model that one... :sly:

I'm still confused as to why the SLS GT3 has no livery. Why? Will there be no-livery-versions for the other GT3 cars? Will we be able to create our own liveries?

Also, does anybody know if there is a GT6-event scheduled on any of the main stages of E3?

Back