FIA GT3: The present of GT racing, the future of GT6?

• Thread starter SagarisGTB
  • 336 comments
Yeah, but some classic car and muscle car races didn't allow Chromeline cars because there are no year on the title. '66 Cobra '59 300SL. It just says Chromeline COBRA/300 SL. Hopefully there are no restrictions like this for the classic 15A cars.

Ahh, yeah I see what you mean đź‘Ť.

We'll just never know till Dec. 6th with PD's "common sense" will we? :P

On the topic of GT3 cars, how about one of these.
srt-viper-gt3r.jpg
I mean, we got the production car, hopefully this will pop up as DLC/separate model or maybe it will sneak into the game as a Viper RM. thoughts?

And before I again get roasted for sticking up for other types of cars, how's about a little Cadillac in the game.
cadillac-cts-v-race-car-long-beach-profile-1024x640.jpg

This guarantees us a World Challenge-esque field. Anyone think this Cadillac could work in its current form or a GT3 fantasy car?

That viper factory livery would be awesome.

I always loved the CTS V 4door in WC. THE 2-door gets my approval as a GT3 fill in.

PD should surprise us with an MP4 12C and an Alpina B6 GT3 ;) I just wonder if we can spec up cars with those aero add ons.

PD can't do much because he only has certain licenses. Now that GT3 is included they may set one up with those cars. Kaz talked about online championships in an interview.

PD can't do much because he only has certain licenses.
Can you please elaborate it? They can't do much?
Let's deliberately assume new Viper GT3 is impossible to license, they still have several options:

- They have an Oreca Viper from 2000 what about doing more fantasy skins for it? I'm not even asking converting to premium, just create a basic design like they did with Formula GT and then change color combo for each car.

- In GT5P they had a sort of RM Viper how about re using it? You would say no because license? I say yes because Vipers in GT5 allow tuning so you can consider it as a fictional RM Viper, and then skin it of course.

Event:
Viper Trophy @ Willow Springs, Indy Roadcourse, Daytona Roadcourse, Laguna Seca.

That viper factory livery would be awesome.

I always loved the CTS V 4door in WC. THE 2-door gets my approval as a GT3 fill in.

PD should surprise us with an MP4 12C and an Alpina B6 GT3 ;) I just wonder if we can spec up cars with those aero add ons.
I loved the 4-door version too and hope they also make it in.
I would love the idea of racing the CTS-V (and inevitably the K-Pax Volvos with the GT3 cars as it would help fix the grids (for American GT3 races) and you get the realism of also being able to replicate WC races.
Let's deliberately assume new Viper GT3 is impossible to license, they still have several options:

- They have an Oreca Viper from 2000 what about doing more fantasy skins for it? I'm not even asking converting to premium, just create a basic design like they did with Formula GT and then change color combo for each car.

- In GT5P they had a sort of RM Viper how about re using it? You would say no because license? I say yes because Vipers in GT5 allow tuning so you can consider it as a fictional RM Viper, and then skin it of course.

Event:
Viper Trophy @ Willow Springs, Indy Roadcourse, Daytona Roadcourse, Laguna Seca.

RM Viper you say? will this pretty much be the GT3 Viper or a "fantasy version" based on the ACR? either way, to quote Icona Pop, "I love it".
The idea of modding the Oreca Viper seems awesome, and kinda reminds me of this
ACR3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'd rather the Marc VDS Mustang GT3 before you add a Cadillac to fill in.

SH-GT3PREVIEW-012.jpg

Mustang and Camaro GT3's plus the other mainstays and WC cars. This'll be good.
Now we need a Challenger GT3. Maybe the Challenger RM would fit the bill. Also, both Cadillac and Mustang can work together perfectly in this Polyphony GT3 class

Last edited:

Event:

You don't get what I mean. Big official real life series like DTM or FIA GT or Blancpain Endurance Series (24hr of Spa) etc. They have naming rights to SuperGT and NASCAR. Thats about all I can think of in GT5. I'm not saying they did a good job with those either. Thats why the online community is much more important imo.

I'm going to be a bit naive in saying this perhaps, but I believe there are still FIA GT3 vehicles yet to be announced (namely: Vantage GT3, 458 GT3, Gallardo GT3 and MP4-12C GT3). With a handful of exceptions, most of the cars announced thus far have had 15th Anniversary editions, thus it would make sense to announce them so you could show off the Pre-Order bonus content. I imagine that there are a few more GT3 cars to go, with their announcements being withheld as they're not Pre-Order DLC.

My theory mostly stems from the BMW Z4's presence. It was originally announced as being part of the Pre-Order bonus, but that has since be redacted and the car will only be available normally. Not expecting too many obscure or older FIA GT3 cars, though I'd love for them to be included.

I'm going to be a bit naive in saying this perhaps, but I believe there are still FIA GT3 vehicles yet to be announced (namely: Vantage GT3, 458 GT3, Gallardo GT3 and MP4-12C GT3). With a handful of exceptions, most of the cars announced thus far have had 15th Anniversary editions, thus it would make sense to announce them so you could show off the Pre-Order bonus content. I imagine that there are a few more GT3 cars to go, with their announcements being withheld as they're not Pre-Order DLC.

My theory mostly stems from the BMW Z4's presence. It was originally announced as being part of the Pre-Order bonus, but that has since be redacted and the car will only be available normally. Not expecting too many obscure or older FIA GT3 cars, though I'd love for them to be included.

I doubt we will see the MP4 and I think we already know why

On the topic of GT3 cars, how about one of these. I mean, we got the production car, hopefully this will pop up as DLC/separate model or maybe it will sneak into the game as a Viper RM. thoughts?

That's probably the case, PD gave us an RM ZR1 vette that, correct me if I'm wrong, can be detuned to GT2 performance. If they give us an RM viper, using the zr1 logic, we'll have to detune it to GT3 performance ourselves.

Just realized this: Since we already have the V12 Vantage, would it be possible that the GT3 car might be scanned in as a RM model? (since the real car has the V12)

Just realized this: Since we already have the V12 Vantage, would it be possible that the GT3 car might be scanned in as a RM model? (since the real car has the V12)

Seems like an easy thing to do. But PD never seemed to go for Aston Martin race cars until this years Pebble Beach. I am hoping though, cause the V12 Vantage is my absolute favourite. I wouldn't drive any other car... :dopey:

Or, with those aero parts we may be able to make our own. I guess it depends if over-fenders for wider wheels will be available.

Or, with those aero parts we may be able to make our own. I guess it depends if over-fenders for wider wheels will be available.

You know what? That's one thing I don't see any console racing having yet: The ability to create your own Fender flares or bodywork. Its always you choosing a pre-made one.

You know what? That's one thing I don't see any console racing having yet: The ability to create your own Fender flares or bodywork. Its always you choosing a pre-made one.

That's a lot of work to be asking for, that's basically asking for a graphics modelling engine to be included. And that's why you haven't seen it.

I don't understand? McLaren is returning to the game... what's your reasoning?

They are heavily involved in Forza 5. This is also why we probably won't get the P1 for a while.
Speaking of the MP4... This would be an awesome round in the GT3 series as well as a track in GT6. Kaz, when your team come down to finish making the V8 Supercar grid, make a pit stop in NZ to copy this track. Thanks.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/01/this-is-how-you-use-a-mclaren-mp4-12c-gt3-to-set-a-lap-record-at/

Funny, I had a track with a similar if not the same name as the one on the link. Except mine was about five miles long and had rollercoaster/NASCAR inspired banking and long, fast straightaways

They are heavily involved in Forza 5. This is also why we probably won't get the P1 for a while.

I think they're involvement is purely with the timed exclusivity of the McLaren P1 (wouldn't be surprised), doubt it extends to the GT3 car.

I don't understand? McLaren is returning to the game... what's your reasoning?

Since this is the GT3 thread, I'm not talking about the context of the road car, I am trying to stay on topic which is GT3. I highly doubt we'll see the GT3 version of the MP4 for obvious known reasons.

Edit: This being the obvious reason; SRW has what would seem to be the License for exclusive McLaren Race car use.

Since this is the GT3 thread, I'm not talking about the context of the road car, I am trying to stay on topic which is GT3. I highly doubt we'll see the GT3 version of the MP4 for obvious known reasons.

Edit: This being the obvious reason; SRW has what would seem to be the License for exclusive McLaren Race car use.

Simraceway? If that were the case, then how does Assetto Corsa also have it?

Edit: And I just found out Race Room Supposedly has it as well so the license sure doesn't appear to be "Exclusive".

I'm sure this is restricted to the P1. Audi featured on their Gamescom display and is going to be on the cover of their limited edition and we already know we're getting a few more awesome Audi's in GT.

You're the only one bringing up the context of the road car here. I merely meant that because the brand is still in the game, it's not like it's going to sit around un-updated. I'm sure they're going to add at least one premium Mclaren, might as well be the racing version of the MP4 which isn't big enough for anyone to get the exclusive license to, as proven.

You're the only one bringing up the context of the road car here. I merely meant that because the brand is still in the game, it's not like it's going to sit around un-updated. I'm sure they're going to add at least one premium Mclaren, might as well be the racing version of the MP4 which isn't big enough for anyone to get the exclusive license to, as proven.

Then I have no idea what you're talking about because the way it seemed was you were only talking about the carry over GT5 premium and standard McLaren's which wasn't what I was talking about. I just don't see the McLaren GT3 being in GT. Also I never said it was going to be un-updated, though there have been plenty of times GT has has a license and not put it to best use. However, I'm sure PD will try and get the P1 and LaFerrari.

Simraceway? If that were the case, then how does Assetto Corsa also have it?

Edit: And I just found out Race Room Supposedly has it as well so the license sure doesn't appear to be "Exclusive".

Well there is some exclusive use of McLaren and it has been said over the net especially in regards to CM and F1 not having any McLaren Legend cars. I have seen the Assetto Corsa version but are you sure it is official? The game hasn't gone gold yet and just like PCars wont have all the cars that they have shown so far (may change) the same might be likely for Corsa.

Race Room I'm wasn't aware of until now.

Abit of a silly reason to bring sorta this discussion back, but I kinda thought of something:

Recall that someone made an interesting point at how the Corvette RM isn't really a straight GTE, but kinda a mix between it and another car. Well, I just came to the realization that essentially, the Corvette RM is itself a made-up GT3 car. Take a good look at it and then look at the current GT3 car lineup. It basically kinda fits in. The nose from the Callaway Corvette GT3 cars, the agressive undertray (which is NOT allowed on GTE cars but also was on the Callaway GT3 car) and the performance figures brand new (which is much faster then the current GTE spec C6.R). So essentially (even if its a whichcraft by PD), the car is itself already a GT3 machine.

Abit of a silly reason to bring sorta this discussion back, but I kinda thought of something:

Recall that someone made an interesting point at how the Corvette RM isn't really a straight GTE, but kinda a mix between it and another car. Well, I just came to the realization that essentially, the Corvette RM is itself a made-up GT3 car. Take a good look at it and then look at the current GT3 car lineup. It basically kinda fits in. The nose from the Callaway Corvette GT3 cars, the agressive undertray (which is NOT allowed on GTE cars but also was on the Callaway GT3 car) and the performance figures brand new (which is much faster then the current GTE spec C6.R). So essentially (even if its a whichcraft by PD), the car is itself already a GT3 machine.

I believe you might be referencing my post, and it's true. The Corvette RM's are a hybrid between Callaway's Z06.R and Pratt & Miller's C6R. The front and rear both being from the GT3, while the entire middle section is straight from the GTE (exhaust pipe and fuel-filler cap placement are identical). So it could almost be considered both.... which might explain why both the Z06 and ZR1 got the RM treatment.

On the Mclaren note: iRacing also has the MP4-12C GT3, and they don't sign exclusive licenses. It seems, however, that PD is adding in the factory-backed GT3 efforts that raced in the Nurburgring 24 hours, and the Mclaren hasn't had a prominent presence there yet. YoungDriver AMR did race there, however, so there's the possibility of seeing the Aston Vantage if things go well. Hopefully BES, FIA GT and Super GT GT300 FIA GT3 cars will be included.... though that would be a dream. Here's to DLC!

Are you talking about how I did that.
There is no such website it's just corvetteracing.com. As for the power...your guess is as good as mine, but the RM Corvettes in GT5 were not based on any current race Vette.

Look wise it is based on the GT1, yet stat wise it is a very fictional car. Also the Z06 rm is a combination it would seem between the GT1 and GT3 cars. I just think it would have been more ideal for the Z06 rm to be a GT3 due to the realistic hp gain after the RM but needed more of a higher rev limit to be realistic. The ZR1 which is what the GT1 is, should have had 590-600 hp instead of going to 700hp (can't remember exactly). It goes on beyond that obviously but yeah I'm sure GM along with Pratt & Miller gave the okay to PD. I just wonder why they didn't just use the GT3 and GT1 car if they were given the ability to use such cars.

My point in what I said though is that the cars aren't based on any real racing Vette yet they look like them. That is what I meant.

Not as well as the Corvette's...as you can see by my name and post, sadly I pride myself on GM products. :nervous:

Nah but seriously, the rest of the group beat me to pretty much what I would have told you on it. Most of us here follow GT3/GT1 racing and LMS/ALMS/ELMS GTE cars (use to be GT2). I'd say though that the GT Spec II ranks in with the Matech GT1 version in real life. However, I think the PD version has 20-30 more horsepower than the real version, I would really like to know where the devs get these numbers for their fictional GT cars. If not to help set it straight, perhaps so I get sleep at night :P
Snaeper had a post as well after my first one further expanding on how the Corvette's are a "Hodge-podge" and not anything real.

Last edited:
Back