FIA GT3: The present of GT racing, the future of GT6?

• Thread starter SagarisGTB
  • 336 comments
Out of curiousity, are the real HP numbers on the Group C cars based on qualifying trim or Race trim?

I've been trying to research that. I think PD's Group C figures essentially replicate the Quali levels, especially with turbo's.

Does your knowledge stretch out to the Ford GT Spec II Test Car by chance? :P

It doesn't quite fully look the part of a GT3 ... and goes way over for power..

Not as well as the Corvette's...as you can see by my name and post, sadly I pride myself on GM products. :nervous:

Nah but seriously, the rest of the group beat me to pretty much what I would have told you on it. Most of us here follow GT3/GT1 racing and LMS/ALMS/ELMS GTE cars (use to be GT2). I'd say though that the GT Spec II ranks in with the Matech GT1 version in real life. However, I think the PD version has 20-30 more horsepower than the real version, I would really like to know where the devs get these numbers for their fictional GT cars. If not to help set it straight, perhaps so I get sleep at night :P

A little off topic, but Paul Ricard right now and hoping to see a few more of these cars in-game. Even if they are blank like the SLS 👍

A double post, but the date difference makes it ok. Plus a bump isn't too bad for this thread.

Looks like we have three more GT3 cars to add to the grid! All they had to do was change the liveries!

Z4 GT3
R8 LMS GT3
R8 LMS GT3 Anniversary
R8 LMS Team Playstation (Can be tuned to spec and looks the part)
GTR GT3
GTR GT3 Anniversary
SLS GT3
SLS GT3 Anniversary
Ford GT Test car (In videos and can be tuned to spec with these cars)
Corvette Z06/ZR1 RM (Can be tuned to spec and kind of looks the part)

I think we're getting somewhere now! 👍

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you excluded the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II and mentioned the Test Car? Is the GT LM II too powerful or something?

And I'm all about continuing this discussion, but I'm a newb at exploring the weird and complex world of FIA Motorsports, had nothing much to offer. :P Now, about some spicy supper...

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you excluded the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II and mentioned the Test Car? Is the GT LM II too powerful or something?

And I'm all about continuing this discussion, but I'm a newb at exploring the weird and complex world of FIA Motorsports, had nothing much to offer. :P Now, about some spicy supper...

Ahh, I did forget. No idea how really.

I guess it could be tuned to spec just like the test car and other non GT3 originals. Maybe I forgot it because it's the ugliest and poorest rendered of them all? :P

Not as well as the Corvette's...as you can see by my name and post, sadly I pride myself on GM products. :nervous:

Nah but seriously, the rest of the group beat me to pretty much what I would have told you on it. Most of us here follow GT3/GT1 racing and LMS/ALMS/ELMS GTE cars (use to be GT2). I'd say though that the GT Spec II ranks in with the Matech GT1 version in real life. However, I think the PD version has 20-30 more horsepower than the real version, I would really like to know where the devs get these numbers for their fictional GT cars. If not to help set it straight, perhaps so I get sleep at night :P

Ironically, I've been saying to include the normal Spec II Ford GT for a long time, and yet everyone here gave me flak for it. Glad someone else considers it a GT3 diamond in the rough

Thanks for the replies, even LMSVette if belatedly. And AMPMROCKET, I can sympathize with the flak one gets here. Sometimes, you can't make a simple innocent post without some minimod jumping on you. :P

I think both the Ford GT LM IIs are handsome beasts and belong in a serious FIA racing series. Of course, like I posted way above, I'm hopeful that Kaz instills GT6 with a lot of league racing genes, including fantasy cars become race cars which aren't included, or normally included, in any sanctioned league. I would love to see racing from 160hp buzz bombs like the Miata and hot hatches, all the way up to 600hp-plus monsters like the Ford GTs, Jaguars, Aston Martins, McLarens, etc. A number of racing classes, properly homologated, to provide a range of racing flavors to suit any appetite.

Almost forgot: and enough cars of like classes that belong together, more or less, so that there are NO DUPLICATES!! It irks me when I see two Ford GTs or Raybrig NSXs, when there should be enough cars to properly cover the race field. It especially looks annoying in Photo Mode and you have to work around some dumb duplicate. :P

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, even LMSVette if belatedly. And AMPMROCKET, I can sympathize with the flak one gets here. Sometimes, you can't make a simple innocent post without some minimod jumping on you. :P

I think both the Ford GT LM IIs are handsome beasts and belong in a serious FIA racing series. Of course, like I posted way above, I'm hopeful that Kaz instills GT6 with a lot of league racing genes, including fantasy cars become race cars which aren't included, or normally included, in any sanctioned league. I would love to see racing from 160hp buzz bombs like the Miata and hot hatches, all the way up to 600hp-plus monsters like the Ford GTs, Jaguars, Aston Martins, McLarens, etc. A number of racing classes, properly homologated, to provide a range of racing flavors to suit any appetite.

Almost forgot: and enough cars of like classes that belong together, more or less, so that there are NO DUPLICATES!! It irks me when I see two Ford GTs or Raybrig NSXs, when there should be enough cars to properly cover the race field. It especially looks annoying in Photo Mode and you have to work around some dumb duplicate. :P

Thanks a lot, and also, that sounds cool, especially in (WARNING DEVIATIONS) rally form. But for now, various structured racing classes for cars sounds like the best way to go

Almost forgot: and enough cars of like classes that belong together, more or less, so that there are NO DUPLICATES!! It especially looks annoying in Photo Mode and you have to work around some dumb duplicate. :P

You crack me up sometimes.

I don't even understand what he was trying to say

He doesn't like taking pictures of photos with a bunch of cars and have a few of them look identical. He wants 16 GT3, 16 DTM, etc. So that when he takes pictures, they're all different.

He doesn't like taking pictures of photos with a bunch of cars and have a few of them look identical. He wants 16 GT3, 16 DTM, etc. So that when he takes pictures, they're all different.

Ah I see, now I understand why Imari is laughing. I guess we can all dream. Thanks Snaeper

You're on the money with that comment D.

When you consider the grid size is only 16, replicating a realistic grid shouldn't be too hard. But, as you alluded to, I'm not quite sure it was possible in GT5 except for a few rare instances (possibly Super GT, Nascar).

This is just my opinion, but I absolutely hate seeing the Polyphony Ford GT racing with legitimate GT3 cars. What's wrong with the Matech GT GT3?

Full, realistic grids are a must.

You're on the money with that comment D.

When you consider the grid size is only 16, replicating a realistic grid shouldn't be too hard. But, as you alluded to, I'm not quite sure it was possible in GT5 except for a few rare instances (possibly Super GT, Nascar).

This is just my opinion, but I absolutely hate seeing the Polyphony Ford GT racing with legitimate GT3 cars. What's wrong with the Matech GT GT3?

Full, realistic grids are a must.

That's a good question, even a matech GT1 with the GT3 in RM form of the the Ford GT would be nice. Perhaps it is a license problem yet again.

That's a good question, even a matech GT1 with the GT3 in RM form of the the Ford GT would be nice. Perhaps it is a license problem yet again.

It was actually my biggest pet peeve with GT5.

No

DBR9
Ferrari 458 GT
Ford GT Matech
Audi R8 GT (proper livery)
Mclaren MP4-12C GT3
Lamborghini (no race cars)
Corvette ZR1 GT (almost, but not quite)
etc, etc

It was actually my biggest pet peeve with GT5.

No

DBR9
Ferrari 458 GT
Ford GT Matech
Audi R8 GT (proper livery)
Mclaren MP4-12C GT3
Lamborghini (no race cars)
Corvette ZR1 GT (almost, but not quite)
etc, etc

Did the Playstation Audi R8 LMS not count? Its pretty real.

Ah I see, now I understand why Imari is laughing. I guess we can all dream. Thanks Snaeper

I'm giggling because this is the guy who doesn't have an issue with the dupes in GT5's car list. I find it ironic that someone who has no issue with the duplicates finds it frustrating that there's not enough unique cars.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8686535#post8686535

Of course I know the argument about the dupes and how much that also grouches some people, but I must tell you truly that if it wasn't for the 2000 car garage limit, I'd never give it another thought.

Its a GT3 isn't it? in 2009 the FIA still had GT1 and GT3... If its not GT3 what is it?

He said "Audi R8 GT", which is this:

2012-audi-r8-gt-fd.jpg

Therefore:

And he should also notice that the Audi R8 GT isn't an FIA GT3 car or even a race car.

The car that is in FIA GT3 is the Audi R8 LMS and again, the Playstation livery is pretty real. Its from the 2009 Nurburgring 24 Hours.

Last edited:
Z4 GT3
R8 LMS GT3
R8 LMS GT3 Anniversary
GTR GT3
GTR GT3 Anniversary
SLS GT3
SLS GT3 Anniversary

That was my list simply posted from the previous page. Guess you were talking about someone else then.

I don't really care about licensed cars as long as I can customize a car like a GT3 car (widebody, spoilers, wing etc. and maybe put a custom liveries... This way, we'd be able to have basically 600 or maybe even cars being able to be GT4, GT3, GT2 or GT1.

The car that is in FIA GT3 is the Audi R8 LMS and again, the Playstation livery is pretty real. Its from the 2009 Nurburgring 24 Hours.

While real, it's not helpful when trying to make a full FIA GT3 grid (the Playstation livery never raced the official series), or a realistic looking Nurburring 24 Hour grid (not enough other realistic choices for it to race agianst ).

I know it may seem like semantics, but if you haven't got a livery editor (GT5) then you better provide the liveries.

And he should also notice that the Audi R8 GT isn't an FIA GT3 car or even a race car.

Confirmed.

Thats my mistake

Z4 GT3
R8 LMS GT3
R8 LMS GT3 Anniversary
GTR GT3
GTR GT3 Anniversary
SLS GT3
SLS GT3 Anniversary

That was my list simply posted from the previous page. Guess you were talking about someone else then.

Now that I think about it, only you and him had lists on that page when I skimmed through it so when you responded, I assumed you were the one that posted that.

I don't really care about licensed cars as long as I can customize a car like a GT3 car (widebody, spoilers, wing etc. and maybe put a custom liveries... This way, we'd be able to have basically 600 or maybe even cars being able to be GT4, GT3, GT2 or GT1.

This right here.

And some easy way to manage it online so cars can be competitive. No more using every engine mod then dialing the HP back while torque remains the same.

I'm giggling because this is the guy who doesn't have an issue with the dupes in GT5's car list. I find it ironic that someone who has no issue with the duplicates finds it frustrating that there's not enough unique cars.
I don't get the confusion, as these are two entirely different matters. We can quibble all day about which version of whatever variation car is the "legit" one, however one would define it, however, these do exist. On the road, I routinely pass various models of all kinds of cars, with the exact same trim and paint. I would suspect that enthusiast races of street machines could have five 2009 vintage Mustangs, six Nissan Sentras and four Mazda 6s. Perhaps a few of the exact same color. And yes, I have bought a few inadvertently, a few intentionally. I snarf up every '88 Anniversary Countach I see, for example. ;)

But race cars are unique. There is only one of said car, other than possible duplicates in trailers or garages in reserve in case of wrecks. But on the track, just one. There is no contradiction here.

Hope this helps clarify. ;)

Back