FIA GT3: The present of GT racing, the future of GT6?

• Thread starter SagarisGTB
  • 336 comments
They have Super GT license. Super GT's 2013 roster consist almost entirely of GT3 cars in the lower class. Many high-profile GT3 cars, too. (But please leave that gaudy Miku Z4 out.)

Polyphony, why you no take advantage of this?

They have Super GT license. Super GT's 2013 roster consist almost entirely of GT3 cars in the lower class. Many high-profile GT3 cars, too. (But please leave that gaudy Miku Z4 out.)

Polyphony, why only 200 new premiums while Driveclub will get about 50? How many other game franchises get a plus of 200 cars for one game? And call some games beside of forza please.

Ahh yes, Polyhphony does always need to include 10 times as many cars as others, I see.

I just think it's silly that they have licensing for a high-profile series in their home country and don't take full advantage of it.

They have tons of licenses. They'd have to include thousands of cars to suit your vision in a general sense.

They have tons of licenses. They'd have to include thousands of cars to suit your vision in a general sense.
Ok so, if they can't add them all... what about if we paint them?
And here we go again. :sly:

tail.jpg

Ok so, if they can't add them all... what about if we paint them?
And here we go again. :sly:
Why would you want to paint cars which are not in the game? Want nicer looking walls in your living room or what? Want to make some posters? Are you a painter with way too much time?
Most people don't paint in their freetime.

Or are you talking about a game feature? Want to have a virtual living room or similar with selfmade virtual posters or painted virtual walls? Seriously?

Why would you want to paint cars which are not in the game? Want nicer looking walls in your living room or what? Want to make some posters? Are you a painter with way too much time?
Most people don't paint in their freetime.

Or are you talking about a game feature? Want to have a virtual living room with selfmade posters or painted walls? Seriously?

I think he means make the liveries of the race cars that aren't in the game.

I think he means make the liveries of the race cars that aren't in the game.
He's talking about whole cars which do not exist in GT. So the only possibility would be to paint a picture of one of those cars on another car which is in GT. That's relatively pointless in my eyes.

I'm hoping there's another livery (at least a stealth one) to that Z4 because it was never in the official FIA GT World Championship or Blancpain World Endurance Series... I really wish private teams were easier to work with.. Having the VITA 4 One BMW Z4 and ALL-Inkle mercedes would be awesome!

That BMW is in the ALMS this year right?

YayoiGT2

Crippled GT3 cars that is. Remove the restrictions and I am all for adding them.

A_Higher_Place
I'm hoping there's another livery (at least a stealth one) to that Z4 because it was never in the official FIA GT World Championship or Blancpain World Endurance Series... I really wish private teams were easier to work with.. Having the VITA 4 One BMW Z4 and ALL-Inkle mercedes would be awesome!

That BMW is in the ALMS this year right?

No, its the GTE version which was released this year.

He's talking about whole cars which do not exist in GT. So the only possibility would be to paint a picture of one of those cars on another car which is in GT. That's relatively pointless in my eyes.

Oh, I thought he was talking about cars with liveries that could be replicated in GT6.

I mean, it's kinda possible to replicate some of the GT3 cars if GT6 has a livery editor and more racing modifications.

Crippled GT3 cars that is. Remove the restrictions and I am all for adding them.

What do you mean crippled? If youre referring to the GT3s in Super GT, they run the same BOP as FIA GT, so they're the same speed as say the Blancpain Endurance Series.

freshseth83
What do you mean crippled? If youre referring to the GT3s in Super GT, they run the same BOP as FIA GT, so they're the same speed as say the Blancpain Endurance Series.

No. The GT500 cars are all the 3 major Japanese car makers. GT300, where the European and american cars race are restricted to ~300 HP by restrictor plates. Much slower than the GT500 cars.

I'm hoping an Aston Martin race car finally makes it back into a Gran Turismo. Hoping its a Vantage GT3 as the DB9 is a little old now. But hey, as long as it's competitive I'm not that picky!

No. The GT500 cars are all the 3 major Japanese car makers. GT300, where the European and american cars race are restricted to ~300 HP by restrictor plates. Much slower than the GT500 cars.

Sorry, but that's wrong. GT300 is NOT restricted to '300hp'. Like I said, the FIA GT3 cars that run in the Super GT GT300 class use the same BOP (balance of performance) the FIA sets for these cars. JAF GT300 machines (CR-Z, BRZ, Prius) are given restrictor breaks to make more power this year. GT500 cars are as fast and faster than lmp2! GT3 wouldn't be anywhere close to their performance except in top speed. 👍

Back