[FICA][B-Spec] 2016 V8 Supercars Championship - Sign Ups Open - Schedule Released

• Thread starter Eh Team
  • 149 comments
Canada
It's cold here
The_EH_Team_43
image.jpg

Well, this is it, pretty much the last big series to run a B-Spec Championship. This was a difficult choice to make because there are two others that could be done but were too difficult for very different reasons. I could have run a WRC series, but I was only able to find 4 full rallies with other bits of random ones just strewn about. The other series I could have run was DTM, but that was set aside because the templates were not actual car shapes and proved to be too difficult to make a proper livery in a decent amount of time. So, here we are, Australian V8 Supercars. After a decent amount of searching I was able to find the 2015 season cars, so we will have all 5 of the current manufacturers: Ford, Holden, Nissan, Mercedes Benz, and Volvo.

To Do List:
Make a proper headlight for the Mercedes
Ensure cars are as balanced as possible
Post rules - check
Post Schedule
Post templates - check
Start PMs with team managers and drivers
Post driver skill form - check
Post setup forms to Team PMs

Field Limits - The series will run up to 30 cars in each race.

Race Weekends - Each race weekend will consist of 1 practice session, 1 knockout qualifying session consisting of 3 rounds, and 3 separate races all based on the one qualifying session.
Only 3 races will not follow this format, the Bathurst 1000, Sandown 500, and Gold coast 600. These races will be run on 1 practice, 1 knockout qualifying session with 3 rounds and 1 race of the full distance.

Knockout Qualifying - Qualifying consists of 3 rounds, in round 1 all cars run in the session, in round 2 only the top 20 cars run the session, in round 3 only the top 10 will run times.
Race weekends consisting of 3 races will follow a set scale of points in each race, but in the second and third races the scale will be multiplied by 2 and 3.

1st: 90
2nd: 87
3rd: 84
4th: 81
5th: 78
6th: 75
7th: 72
8th: 69
9th: 66
10th: 63
11th: 60
12th: 57
13th: 54
14th: 51
15th: 48
16th: 45
17th: 42
18th: 39
19th: 36
20th: 33
21st: 30
22nd: 27
23rd: 24
24th: 21
25th: 18
26th: 15
27th: 12
28th: 9
29th: 6
30th: 3
The Endurance Cup races at Bathurst, Sandown, and Gold Coast will pay out points according to this scale on the 3 multiplier.

Team points will be accumulated according to the average finish of all drivers over the course of a race weekend. This scale will be announced once the number of teams is fully known.
Teams may consist of up to 3 cars and do not have to share the same livery.

Teams may share setup data between drivers, but not between other teams.

At any time, on only one occasion during the season may a team switch a driver. This switch allows for a change in driver stats, but a different GTPlanet user must take their place for the remainder of the season. No driver may switch change their statistics once a season has started.

If a driver change happens during a race weekend, the new driver will start at the back for every remaining race.

For a driver change to be approved, the team manager must request a change, which must then be accepted by the driver being switched out. If the driver does not respond within one (1) week of the request, the request is considered accepted and that driver will not race anymore.

At no point should any driver share their statistics with another driver. Failure to abide by this rule will result in a loss of all championship points already earned by both drivers. (Please don't make me enforce this, it is only here to keep things honest)
All liveries must abide by the GTPlanet AUP, just keep it PG thanks.

Teams may share liveries if they want to share the same sponsor. It is, however, recommended that the colours are swapped around to make it easier to tell which car is which on track.

Car numbers are allowed to be prefixed by zeros, up to 2 for a single digit number and only one for a double digit number. Usable numbers range from 2 up to 999; 0, 00, and 000 are not allowed to be used at all.

The Number 1, 01, or 001 IS NOT AVAILABLE. This number is reserved for the champion only and may use it in any of the three denoted ways.

Once a number is taken, no amount of zeros can be put in front of it to allow it to be used again.

Link to templates
here
Note the Mercedes still does not have complete headlights yet, this will be updated.

Link to driver form
here
Note: No values go actually hit 100 just 99.99 because no driver is totally perfect, except the crash, which goes to 98.5 to allow some margin of error. 750 is the total you values cannot exceed.

Link to Team Registration Form
here
Like liveries, please keep them to something allowable by the AUP.
Ford:
@GTracerEHTeam - Allan Pratt - 43
Ford Performance Racing:
@BKGlover - B.K. Glover - 79
@tbwhhs - Michael Thomas - 2

Holden:
RJ Motorsports:
@RACECAR - Robbie Lesney - 32
@Jahgee - Jeffrey Michel Gordain - 24
Pezzarinho GTR-F Motorsport:
@GTRacer22 - Kai Sharp - 22
@Pezzarinho17 - Perry Brown - 17
@Formidable - Deren Grudenwald - 77
WAT Racing Development:
@uMadson? - Trav Koionen - 69
@STiGoyim - Barney Gumball - 880
@SVX - Marko Tulska - 420

Nissan:
AutoTokio Nissan:
@Suzumiya - Maya Palomares - 444
@G_Parrilla - Jose Puchino - 26
@optiongamers - Conner McGill - 13

Mercedes Benz:
@DcrRaikkonen - Alex Rivera - 12

Volvo:
@aarror - Aaron Van der Linden - 27
Volvo Team Mr5:
@rallymorten - Morten Pedersen - 95
@RESHIRAM5 - Kevin Ritter - 5
@Michelin - Matheus Michelin - 30

2016 V8 Supercars Schedule Release

Here we are, the 2016 schedule is coming out so let's get down to the nitty gritty

Round 1: Albert Park
Round 2: Adelaide
Round 3: Symmons Plains
Round 4: Hamilton
Round 5: Barbagallo
Round 6: Phillip Island
Round 7: Autopolis
Round 8: Hidden Valley
Round 9: Townsville
Round 10: Killarney Motor Racing Complex
Exhibition: Abu Dhabi
Round 11: Imola
Round 12: Ipswich
Round 13: Eastern Creek
Round 14: Goiania
Round 15: Watkins Glen
Round 16: Sandown
Round 17: Mount Panorama
Round 18: Surfers Paradise
Round 19: Winton Motor Raceway
Round 20: Sydney Olympic Park

Dates will be added by Sunday at 4pm Eastern Time

Here you will find the broadcasts of all races in order of most recent to oldest.

Last edited:
Good! Last V8SC B-Spec series was going to be held on NR2003, but I didn't like it because the models were poor quality. I'm interested, but I need to wait for forms and how you are going to carry this out exactly.

I just finished and posted the form for driver info and stats so you can fill that one out now. As for how it will run, I hope to have all my tests and things done by the end of February and then after that it'll be sort of a mix between Earth's WSC and Angel's Indycar. Haven't figured out commentary yet, which I know won't be me since I don't have a nice microphone let alone voice for it.

If you're curious about the races after the actual qualifier, I've researched and found you can manually set the grid using this command /editgrid [pos] [driver name]

I'm still not totally sure what you mean by how I plan to run it, I mean for this to be serious, and I'm going to make it as professional as I can. Apart from that, there's not much to say I don't think, unless there's some special thing that the TIRE, RACE, VRR, or FICA organizations do that I haven't clued into yet.

Last edited:
I said in the warmup to Monza 12H that if someone made a V8 Supercars series, I would be in for it.

I just need some time to think of clever things for the forms :lol:

@GTracerEHTeam I would like to know, can we make more than 1 driver or just the 1.

And if we can make up to 3, can we include a "Satellite Team" like they do in real life (for example, put 2 drivers on the main team and the 3rd driver goes to the Satellite Team)

Last edited:
@GTracerEHTeam I would like to know, can we make more than 1 driver or just the 1.

And if we can make up to 3, can we include a "Satellite Team" like they do in real life (for example, put 2 drivers on the main team and the 3rd driver goes to the Satellite Team)

It's a 1 driver per GTP user deal so that in a field of hopefully 30 cars there are 30 different people.

I hadn't thought about satellite teams yet, but initially I'm leaning to no because theoretically 3 teams could use the same satellite team and then share all their setup data through that. I'll think more on that one, but it'll probably be a no go.

It's a 1 driver per GTP user deal so that in a field of hopefully 30 cars there are 30 different people.

I hadn't thought about satellite teams yet, but initially I'm leaning to no because theoretically 3 teams could use the same satellite team and then share all their setup data through that. I'll think more on that one, but it'll probably be a no go.
I checked the sign on sheets. How come we aren't allowed to choose a Manufacturer?

I checked the sign on sheets. How come we aren't allowed to choose a Manufacturer?

Good catch, I did make them at 2 in the morning so I'll blame it on that. I shall fix it right now.

Edit: I have added the choice so you should see it when you fill out the form.

Good catch, I did make them at 2 in the morning so I'll blame it on that. I shall fix it right now.

Edit: I have added the choice so you should see it when you fill out the form.
How is the Crash stat calculated, what it says makes no sense to me.

The driver stats the game uses are all based on percent/chances in 100. So you obviously want a low crash stat and if I just allow you to put in a low crash stat you have more points to spend elsewhere. So by forcing you to spend points to not crash it keeps the system from being augmented.

The driver stats the game uses are all based on percent/chances in 100. So you obviously want a low crash stat and if I just allow you to put in a low crash stat you have more points to spend elsewhere. So by forcing you to spend points to not crash it keeps the system from being augmented.
Not that, the fact that is says it is subtracted by 100.

I really don't get how to calculated the stat total at all with this, I'm trying to make it as close to 750 as I can but I can't figure out the formula :P.

Right, I think I've got it right.

Didn't put a manufacturer as, well, I'm keeping all options open right now. That Volvo team sounds like it's right up my alley in regards to how well things will go for us :D

I checked my 2 am typing and it said, although I've changed it now to hopefully make better sense, the number is subtracted from 100. So say you put in 94 for the form 100-94=6 so 6 is your crash stat, which is decent because a high number from that means you'll crash more. :P

I checked my 2 am typing and it said, although I've changed it now to hopefully make better sense, the number is subtracted from 100. So say you put in 94 for the form 100-94=6 so 6 is your crash stat, which is decent because a high number from that means you'll crash more. :P
Ok, I filled my thing in.

Decided to not go all 750 since that wouldn't be fun IMO :P.

Right, I think I've got it right.

Didn't put a manufacturer as, well, I'm keeping all options open right now. That Volvo team sounds like it's right up my alley in regards to how well things will go for us :D

You know I would love to team up with you haha

Back