[FICA][B-Spec] 2016 V8 Supercars Championship - Sign Ups Open - Schedule Released

• Thread starter Eh Team
  • 149 comments
I'm pretty sure, we are nearly done with our liveries but it is up to @Michelin

Maybe we should have a deadline for entries now, so we don't end up waiting for a year for entries :P.

Testing is still ongoing, rubberbanding is an issue that's being worked on along with some oddities. Being my first B-Spec series I want to get it right so if we start a little late it will be because I'm a bit of a noob at this.

Calendar dates have been tossed around although not confirmed as I'm yet to decide on a livestream or pre-recorded format. It could end up being a mix of both for convenience sake, but I hope to have dates out by the end of the week.

Pezzarinho GTR-F Motorsport Unveil Holden VF and Liveries

image.jpg

At a small press gathering at the Adelaide circuit, Pezzarinho GTR-F Motorsport unveiled the 3 Holden VF cars that they will be racing in this seasons V8 Supercar Series. The team will be represented by Perry Brown in the #17, Kai Sharp in the #22, and Deren Grudenwald in the #77.

The race liveries are matte black with silver stickers, and each driver then has team stickers in individual colours. The drivers themselves were at the event and put the first miles on the cars, performing some demo laps for selected competition winners.

"The cars look great, so it is up to us now to make sure they are at the front of the field where they belong," said Perry Brown at the events interview panel. Kai Sharp and Deren Grudenwald added that they were both "excited and hungry for success".

Sponsors
Dunlop
Holden
Mobil 1
GTPlanet
Tudor
OZ Racing
Mahle
Bilstein
Brembo
IMG (International Motorsport Graphics)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have a few things to announce at this time, unfortunately none of which are yet the dates of broadcasts. I can however, tell you that all but the last race weekend of the season will be pre-recorded. This gives even me a complete surprise on how the season will end instead of just going along harbouring a big secret until the release date.

Next, we have now hit 20 entries, courtesy of @Dustone of whom I need a given name or surname for your driver please and thank you. It does not need to be your name, but for the purpose of role-playing I need one of those. You can be (first name) Dustone, or Dustone (last name), your choice.

News on testing progress, some funky things happened when I inserted the first set of liveries (although I suspect I know why) where any car using the given livery from the mod turned into a boxy mini car that said TEMP on the side. In other news, if anyone knows how to make rfactor use custom talent files, your skills would be greatly appreciated through a PM, our B-Spec Bobs don't seem to like being themselves.

Lastly, I am going to run a second round of tags in hopes of filling out the field, so here we go:
@Blackmagic60
@S_Bridge
@DCybertron
@Smurfybug
@Angel
@Samsung1998race
@catamount39
@HKS racer
@sgohsixthree
@mphile77

The mod you are using was quite difficult to get the liveries to work for. I had to download the 2015 livery pack and steal the file structures! I haven't played around with the talent files, but I've messed with just about everything else in rFactor to decent effect! I am away from home for the weekend though, can maybe have a look Sunday night / Monday?

Okay, I believe there is something that needs clearing up with the driver form. Under the driver age I have a description along the lines of minors will be told to go home and grow up a bit. I DO NOT MEAN THIS LITERALLY. That line is specifically there to ensure all our B Spec Bobs are at least 18 years old, it has nothing to do with any GTP users' age. You could enter age age old enough to be your dad for all I know, which is good because it's much more realistic for (fingers crossed) when I commentate on the events so then I have little bits of extras to refer to for further realism of the broadcast. I also put in the maximum of 65 becase very seldom do people over that age go racing, especially at a top level. SO, I'm sorry for any possible confusion (heh, a Canadian being sorry, what's new) and disappointment of possible entrants turning away after reading the referenced description.

I have a few things to announce at this time, unfortunately none of which are yet the dates of broadcasts. I can however, tell you that all but the last race weekend of the season will be pre-recorded. This gives even me a complete surprise on how the season will end instead of just going along harbouring a big secret until the release date.

Next, we have now hit 20 entries, courtesy of @Dustone of whom I need a given name or surname for your driver please and thank you. It does not need to be your name, but for the purpose of role-playing I need one of those. You can be (first name) Dustone, or Dustone (last name), your choice.

News on testing progress, some funky things happened when I inserted the first set of liveries (although I suspect I know why) where any car using the given livery from the mod turned into a boxy mini car that said TEMP on the side. In other news, if anyone knows how to make rfactor use custom talent files, your skills would be greatly appreciated through a PM, our B-Spec Bobs don't seem to like being themselves.

Lastly, I am going to run a second round of tags in hopes of filling out the field, so here we go:
@Blackmagic60
@S_Bridge
@DCybertron
@Smurfybug
@Angel
@Samsung1998race
@catamount39
@HKS racer
@sgohsixthree
@mphile77
Sorry bud, don't have the game and im not a pc guy in the slightest. Pc's make me :banghead: because im horrible trying to work them :lol:. Thanks for the heads up but i will be stuck in ps4 land :D. Have fun guys 👍.

Sorry bud, don't have the game and im not a pc guy in the slightest. Pc's make me :banghead: because im horrible trying to work them :lol:. Thanks for the heads up but i will be stuck in ps4 land :D. Have fun guys 👍.

You don't need to have the game, all you would need is to make a car for the game, and the AI would do the rest.

Hey HEy HEY!

Thought I had forgotten about this didn't you.... well maybe a little, but I'm back at it again. So to bring you up to date on where things stand for the series here's an update.

The big one, which is pretty obvious, FICA have become the series sanctioning body. (we're not on our own little island anymore!... .. I'll head for the door) Thanks to @KuniKino****a for bringing us under the same umbrella as F1, I'm sure it'll help this series be more professional and not a totally catastrophic mess.

Next on the list, although this is nothing new really, rFactor is still being an utter arse about using the talent files for the series. Prime example being a test race I did where I made literally the most incompetent idiot a racing game has ever seen, and he still passed cars. He didn't even qualify last, which could have been a fluke, but I think I have an idea on why this is an issue.

Further on down the list, we need liveries. I'll say it again, we need liveries. I'm not angry or anything because I know I haven't updated anything in months, but I need something for everyone. I am willing to accept actual liveries from V8 Supercars that have had numbers and driver names changed out. I don't think the templates are close enough for cross manufacturer copy/paste right into the game so please don't tell me you want a Holden livery on your Ford for example.

A new thing I have decided on is that there will be a qualifying session for each race session, now IF I can get rFactor using the talent properly I will be doing away with setups for the cars. My reason for this is that with there being 3 races on most weekends I will in no way have time to change setups for each session on track, of which there will be at least 7 per weekend. Hopefully that can all work the way I like so that I'm not glued to the computer for the whole weekend.

Lastly, the first race will take place within the month, a schedule has not yet been set as the race dates go because I have so many other things up in the air and I don't know when they'll even land. I will promise the season will run, but when all the races will be is undetermined for the moment.

Thank you for signing up and we'll have things on track soon.

P.S. @Dustone your entry needs to have a proper first and last name and it cannot be someone already famous.

The Fédération Internationale Course de Artificielle is honored to be able to provide sanctioning and assistance to this series. It shows a lot of promise and we hope to get this series going as soon as possible, but more importantly as smooth as possible. For those that may have questions, all FICA will do is assist with problems and make sure the rules and regulations involved are clear and thorough. I am certainly looking forward to seeing this play out.

Sorry about that. I assumed that the series wasn't getting started so I haven't got to getting some people's schemes in yet. I'll get some in in the coming weeks.

I think everyone thought that, I di think our team is near finished with the liveries, though I think you need ask @Michelin

Also incase he isn't getting alerts anymore, I'll tag my other teammate @rallymorten

I'll start this off by saying, today I found out I'm a noob all over again.

Good news is the talent files are now working properly and the aforementioned idiot driver is now ~5 seconds behind the leader.

Now, on to how I remembered I'm a noob. The base talent in rFactor is just sitting in the talent folder all a giant mess, just driver names strewn about with the only organization being the first letter of their first name. I thought, well this seems like the system I need to adopt, when first installing talent, au contraire says rFactor. After endless fettling with file names referenced in the veh and copious internet searches I found one simple little line in the no grip racing forums on rfactor talent, it reads like this:
Look for talent files from another mod and adapt them yourself where you put "driver" ratings into the files and save them as *.rcd file into Talent\Mod folder with matching drivernames i.e.
E:\RFACTOR\GameData\Talent\F1_2011\SebastianVettel .rcd

I didn't have the talent sitting in its own neat little folder for the game to find...

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I found out I am a noob today.

@RESHIRAM5 I haven't turned my PC for the past month, so I need to check the status of the liveries. :lol:

Damn you full time job and university, DAMN YOU!

Just doing a check for liveries. At this point there'll be so many unpainted cars that I'll probably do what Kuni does for F1. I want to broadcast, but I don't want things looking unprofessional. I've tagged everyone so that anyone who needs a livery can ask anyone who can help.
Ford:
@GTracerEHTeam - Allan Pratt - 43
Ford Performance Racing:
@BKGlover - B.K. Glover - 79
@tbwhhs - Michael Thomas - 2

Holden:
RJ Motorsports:
@RACECAR - Robbie Lesney - 32
@Jahgee - Jeffrey Michel Gordain - 24
Pezzarinho GTR-F Motorsport:
@GTRacer22 - Kai Sharp - 22
@Pezzarinho17 - Perry Brown - 17
@Formidable - Deren Grudenwald - 77
WAT Racing Development:
@uMadson? - Trav Koionen - 69
@STiGoyim - Barney Gumball - 880
@SVX - Marko Tulska - 420

Nissan:
AutoTokio Nissan:
@Suzumiya - Maya Palomares - 444
@G_Parrilla - Jose Puchino - 26
@optiongamers - Conner McGill - 13

Mercedes Benz:
@DcrRaikkonen - Alex Rivera - 12

Volvo:
@aarror - Aaron Van der Linden - 27
Volvo Team Mr5:
@rallymorten - Morten Pedersen - 95
@RESHIRAM5 - Kevin Ritter - 5
@Michelin - Matheus Michelin - 30

Just doing a check for liveries. At this point there'll be so many unpainted cars that I'll probably do what Kuni does for F1. I want to broadcast, but I don't want things looking unprofessional. I've tagged everyone so that anyone who needs a livery can ask anyone who can help.
Ford:
Ford Performance Racing:

Holden:
RJ Motorsports:
WAT Racing Development:

Nissan:
AutoTokio Nissan:

Mercedes Benz:

Volvo:
Volvo Team Mr5:

Working on ours.

Ford:
Ford Performance Racing:

Holden:
RJ Motorsports:
WAT Racing Development:

Nissan:
AutoTokio Nissan:

Mercedes Benz:

Volvo:
Volvo Team Mr5:

I'll get right on ours, completely forgot about it while painting the Trucks and several cars for Jahgee's Series.

Here it is! Could someone do a preview for me, not sure how the transparency is for the windows.

Attachments

• AarrorVolvo.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Back