FIFA 17 OT: Engine Swapped (Out Now)

I bought FIFA 15 late (in July of 2015) and skipped '16 because I don't play it often enough to buy every year. This looks like something else I will need to buy this year though (along with BF1).

I hope they revise career mode a little more and finally implement a manager mode where we can just coach from the sidelines and not have to control any players.

I bought FIFA 15 late (in July of 2015) and skipped '16 because I don't play it often enough to buy every year. This looks like something else I will need to buy this year though (along with BF1).

I hope they revise career mode a little more and finally implement a manager mode where we can just coach from the sidelines and not have to control any players.

If you sim games in manager mode, you don't have to play.

VXR
If you sim games in manager mode, you don't have to play.
Yes but what I meant was I wanted to be able to manage the game live from the sideline while it is played. Changing tactics and making subs without controlling anyone.

FIFA '17 B-spec.

Yes but what I meant was I wanted to be able to manage the game live from the sideline while it is played. Changing tactics and making subs without controlling anyone.

FIFA '17 B-spec.

There used to be a FIFA manager game, is wasn't that good and it didn't sell well so it got canned. Ea are unlikely to bother with this area again as there is little interest in it so it won't make them money.

The only real option for football managing is Football Manager on the PC and that's been the case for a long while now.

Not much to look at. Frostbite has clearly added something to the graphics of course and the animations look a lot crisper and more lifelike from the footage we have available.

Just wondering, who has bought FIFA 16 here?
I've got digital version on PS4. Disc version of FIFA 15 and 14. Digital version of 14 on Xbox One. Haven't played FIFA games for many years though properly.

Last time I think was 07, it will be over a decade old once this game releases. Feel so old. My first YouTube video was of that game. Graphics nowadays look a lot better compared to it:

I've got digital version on PS4. Disc version of FIFA 15 and 14. Digital version of 14 on Xbox One. Haven't played FIFA games for many years though properly.

Last time I think was 07, it will be over a decade old once this game releases. Feel so old. My first YouTube video was of that game. Graphics nowadays look a lot better compared to it:

FIFA 07. Such a legendary game and it was probably the first FIFA game to takeover the reigns of PES.

Here are 2 wonder free-kicks that I recently scored on UT:

FIFA 07. Such a legendary game and it was probably the first FIFA game to takeover the reigns of PES.

Here are 2 wonder free-kicks that I recently scored on UT:

Which 07 version did you like? Watching Euro 2016, reminds me back to my favourite EA Sports game, World Cup 98 (Nostalgia).

Great free kicks, :lol: at celebration. Keep hearing about UT and Gold Packs for number of years now, still don't know what it's about. :dopey: I just think of it as probably some kind of EA money making scheme. :sly:

Been nearly 9 years since I last uploaded any FIFA game video so below is video of a free kick I scored against my brother on New Year's Eve. I find it amazing when one goes in as I'm rubbish at them. Just realised I haven't played FIFA 16 in 2016 yet...

Which 07 version did you like?
I had the PS2 version, even though the graphics weren't great but it compensated through the gameplay, great amounts of fun trying to skill with Ronaldinho and shooting from 40 yards with every single shot going on target plus the amount of players which we would regard as legends these days were still on the game.

Nice freekick with Mata as well.

Ultimate Team is the number one scheme for EA to make bag loads of money just go on YouTube and look at the pack openings where someone would spend £80 trying to get a Ronaldo but in the end getting a Benteke. :lol:

No chance, that was the year of PES 6, AKA The best one.

I miss that game with Adriano being insane and players like Ryan Babel and Jeremy Mathieu being way OP.

No chance, that was the year of PES 6, AKA The best one.

I miss that game with Adriano being insane and players like Ryan Babel and Jeremy Mathieu being way OP.
Well that's my opinion also I had owned both but I preferred the gameplay of FIFA and it could be also partly down to being hardcore manager/career mode player at that time so FIFA's licensing had an appeal to me as well.

Yea, FIFA was rubbish up until FIFA 08. Back then PES was the game to play but has been poor since PES6. FIFA 16 is a good game. Hoping 17 is an improvement on the field and in career mode.

Just saw a screenshot in a YouTube video that showed a **** of a 5 a side mode and it also said at the bottom beneath the club logos, women's club teams. Hopefully that's WSL confirmed.

I had the PS2 version, even though the graphics weren't great but it compensated through the gameplay, great amounts of fun trying to skill with Ronaldinho and shooting from 40 yards with every single shot going on target plus the amount of players which we would regard as legends these days were still on the game.

Nice freekick with Mata as well.

Ultimate Team is the number one scheme for EA to make bag loads of money just go on YouTube and look at the pack openings where someone would spend £80 trying to get a Ronaldo but in the end getting a Benteke. :lol:
I used to play on PS2 and PC. Didn't have 360 so missed out on first next-gen version. I miss them days playing 07, really fun attacking. Hopefully 17 can bring back some of that fun. So many goals in a game, I think used to have short games with over 20 goals :lol:. Seems much harder these newer games to lose the defender on a run.

Thanks.

Genius move then by EA. What's so important about it that people spend so much on it?

There is free PS Plus this weekend so going to play FIFA 16 online. Will give you and other GTPers online a game if up for it, need to see how terrible I am. :lol:

The last one I had was 14, I had a ton of fun in UT '12, but it went downhill (in my opinion) when they introduced seasons in '13... which was a good concept in practise, but the end result was that more often then not, you would end up running into the same sides over and over again (cheap BPL/Serie A teams)... it just got stale and frustrating. Maybe (hopefully) it's gotten better recently.

Since the move to the current gen consoles, I haven't kept up... sometimes I get the feeling of wanting to get back into it, but then I remember the games where I dominated (15+ shots on target, majority of possession) and I end up getting beaten by a hoof over the top or a 90th min corner. 🤬

Since the move to the current gen consoles, I haven't kept up... sometimes I get the feeling of wanting to get back into it, but then I remember the games where I dominated (15+ shots on target, majority of possession) and I end up getting beaten by a hoof over the top or a 90th min corner. 🤬
Yeah, we all know that feeling it's just a part of every FIFA to be honest where you get the occasional BS.

I think I have nearly 1100 wins on this year's UT, thoroughly enjoyed this one especially with all the variety of cards they introduced and it is more skill based now rather than luck as they made scoring goals and defending harder than previous titles.

Hopefully FIFA 17 can provide us something new.

@lxmmy Nearly 1100 wins on FIFA 16 UT. :bowdown:

Don't know if I ever played that many games on FIFA so far in my life. Hopefully I don't get too annihilated if I do get to play against you. :nervous:

Back