FIFA World Cup 2010 Finals Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,827 comments
Henceforth, Joachim Loew's boogers shall forever be laced with the salty taste of defeat.

Mick Jagger was secretly cheering for Germany, hence the result...

He can't get no satisfaction...

A deserved win for Spain - Germany were very disappointing tonight, but Spain were lively and dominated possession. Puyol's goal was superb, and he could have had two. Dream final on Sunday, and Spain have to be the favourites to do the Euro and World Cup double.

He can't get no satisfaction...

A deserved win for Spain - Germany were very disappointing tonight, but Spain were lively and dominated possession. Puyol's goal was superb, and he could have had two. Dream final on Sunday, and Spain have to be the favourites to do the Euro and World Cup double.

Unfortanly thats how Spain plays nowadays... Ball possession at all times, kill the game, the show in some ways and win 1-0! But they deserve it:tup:!

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yessss Yessss

Congrats Spain, great played!

*No I´m no German :D*

Anyway, I must be fair, Germany played good in the other matches. They were very lucky in the most of the games.

Interesting how Puyol has a haircut very similar to that of a cephalopod :odd::

177914.png

Yeah,I guess Paul was right after all.:sly:
Good game from Spain with lot of possession,as they like,and giving no Space to German team.
An interesting final ahead...go Holland.:)👍

Meh, that Octopus has nothing on me. I used Derren Brown's technique of waiting until after the result before making my 'prediction', and it was super-accurate... Puyol headed goal from a Xavi corner in the 2nd half, and Spain to win 1-0. Beat that, Paul.

Whatever Paul the octopus picks this time for the final, I'm going to the TAB and putting money on it, and if it loses then I expect Paul to become Calamari!! :sly:

Congrats Spain on a well deserved win. How funny is it that not even two weeks ago we were talking about South American domination with all the Group Winners, but three of the four Semi-Finalists were actually from Europe. :)

Whatever Paul the octopus picks this time for the final, I'm going to the TAB and putting money on it, and if it loses then I expect Paul to become Calamari!! :sly:

That'd take some kind of weird cross-genetic, inter-species, transmogrification.
Calamari is Italian for Squid. ;)

Paul would become Polpo in an Italian restaurant. (Still yummy though :))

Last edited:
Wow Spain seems to have knocked out Germany and advanced to the final, congratulations to the Spanish players on your efforts and a deserved win.

but interestingly the result seemed to have been expected by an octopus, I saw a news introducing about an octopus that foretells which team would win a game by going into one of the two boxes with pictures of the two countries' national flags respectively drawn on yesterday, it's interesting that the Spanish team finally beat the German as he guessed before the game. :D

>SVX
Yeah, he was right to anticipate that, he has got his predictions of each-game result right since the World Cup started ;)

Wow Spain seems to have knocked out Germany and advanced to the final, congratulations to the Spanish players on your efforts and a deserved win.

but interestingly the result seemed to have been expected by an octopus, I saw a news introducing about an octopus that foretells which team would win a game by going into one of the two boxes with pictures of the two countries' national flags respectively drawn on yesterday, it's interesting that the Spanish team finally beat the German as he guessed before the game. :D

>SVX
Yeah, he was right to anticipate that, he has got his predictions of each-game result right since the World Cup started ;)
Really???!
Is it the hour spindle( time zones) so huuuge to Japan?! :sly:
Or You really just don't bother reading other people posts?! .;)

Well at this point the Spanish have the OCTOPUS Paul leverage...:)

Imagine my despair, even though I picked the finalists some days ago... (and are 12/14 in the knock-out stage picks)

Anyway back to my despair...

Before the World Cup started our Office ran 3 competitions...
#1) Lucky Draw (ironically my team drawn remains unbeaten but not in the final...)
#2) Choose a winner
#3) Top Goal Scorer

I spent $10, $2 on #1, $4 on #2 (Brazil & Holland after looking at draw, and consulting my football shirts owned), $4 on #3 (David Villa (picked 7 goals), Robin Van Persie (only person to him))

I'm one of only two people who picked Holland with over $70 in this pool. The other person actually Lucky Drew Holland also... so we might agree to split the $70 and not have to choose closest score to win...

Now again, I'm one of two people to choose Villa in a $54 pool, although the other person gets eliminated with one more goal as he chose 5 (damn a person who told him 17 might be a tad too many!!!), and then I am the only person left alive. Damn you Villa for missing that penalty... (no-one has chosen Sneijder)

So I require (for the perfect day) a Holland 3-2 victory with Villa scoring both goals, Sneijder only scoring one or none...

or a 6-0 Holland victory with a Van Persie double hat-trick... I'm not favouring this option....

Regardless of what happens, I think it going to be great that a NEW team will win this World Cup for the first time... personally I think Spain is stronger across the field, forwards, midfield, defenders, keeper...

Undecided on my pick yet... but financially one result works better than the other...

Next Sunday, The Netherlands will kick Spain 'S'. Leaving them with just 'pain'. :lol:

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting guys... A real 50-50 case here... Both teams can play football and imo the weakness for Spain lies in the goal scoring. They played beautiful football last night, but they didnt capitalize on the chances... Holland capitalizes on chances at critical times even if they play bad and that will make the difference...

*Takes off Orange colored glasses*

Its going to be a good one for sure :D Can't wait until Sunday! Good luck to both teams, even though I want Holland to win of course.. :lol:

Hup Holland HUP!!!

Brother's ride for the last couple of weeks:

photo.jpg

(mockup photo pre-install)

I like his style! 👍

I don't know what to think about the final game, both teams like to keep the ball, so it can be a boring passing demonstration, or a splendid plethora of goal opportunities. We'll see. :D

Good match for spain. I never see Pedro before, (i dont know this player) but he make me a real good feeling. A litle Messi. I love his play.

Spain team play'r so nice to see (for this match), very short pass, lot of mouvement. A regal.
I m sad for germany, i think Muller miss them so lot.
But Germany win 3 time, they have 12 semi final and lot of final i think, so give a place for others.
I m very happy to see a new world champion this next sunday.

Now i m for The Orange. I love Spain country but Spain is allready European champion, and Hollande having not lot of chance to arrive in Final and they'r no cup again.

- If Spain win, they can egal the german record of EUR Champion + World Champion just after. France'r only the one to win World Cup + EUR cup just after.

So i m for Hollande and i think they can win 2-1.

Good match for spain. I never see Pedro before, (i dont know this player).

He is just the rising Star of LITTLE,UNKOWN,UNNOTICED team called Barcelona...:sly:
I guess it's normal You never heard from him before.:D

Back