FIFA World Cup 2010 Finals Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,827 comments
If anyone could stop the Spanish team this world cup, that would be the Germans (and the Swiss :P).
Anyway, I was really expecting to see a Final full of goals from both ends (Germans vs. Netherlands), but, since it will be a Spanish vs. the Netherlands, I don't expect a too big of a match.

Don't get me wrong, but I just don't like Barça Spanish team ball possession tactics. It's effective, I don't doubt it, but it just kills the game excitement to me. My prediction to the match would be Spain winning by 1 - 0 (like most of Spain games, this world cup) :indiff:

Oranje will be trying to counter act against Spanish hoarding of the Jabulani. Let's see how it pans out. My heart says Netherlands, my head doesn't care. Bring out some good football!

^^
Agreed at this point I just want to see a good game,many goals(3-3 extra time,penalties shoot out)...and our neighbours loosing.:sly::dunce:

Yep, here's hoping for a great final game. 👍

Also, the third place decision will be great too, Klose and Forlán, both still have chances to be the top scorer and also the best player in the cup.

It doesn't sound right though, you only use ç when you want an "s" sound.

So you live in Ssotland. :P

daan
Oh, çhut up!

:D

rofl.gif

Hoping Uruguay can overcome Germany today, it's the only chance I've got of climbing back up the World Cup Fantasy League. :nervous:

I wasn't expecting much from this game as a battle for third place but, it's starting to liven up and the football has, again, been very watchable.

Goaaaaal! Forlan,fantastic strike(2-1).Go Uruguay You can do it,show the world that Paul...is just an Octopus.:sly::dunce:

Seems like you should never bet against Paul! I'm glad I have Spain in the work sweepstake.

Man...unbelievable the Octopus doesn't miss one...:indiff::grumpy:

Who owns this octopus and, how much will it cost to buy it?

I guess he is safe from the pan,now...

Last edited:
Nice game, an awesome goal by Forlán and if Uruguay didn't have Muslera defending their goal they could have actually won. :grumpy:

Also, a shame the last shot didn't make into the nets, Forlán would have twice the chances to win the voting for the best player of the cup.

Nice game, an awesome goal by Forlán and if Uruguay didn't have Muslera defending their goal they could have actually won. :grumpy:

Also, a shame the last shot didn't make into the nets, Forlán would have twice the chances to win the voting for the best player of the cup.

I agrea 👍

The big final today. :dopey:
I am dutch, so it is easy to predict which site I am hoping for.
But Spain got the better players, but perhaps not a better team.
The problem with Spain is that they depend on Villa for the goals. Xavi and Iniesta are the architects but they lack scoring abilities.

Holland got the best goalkeeper from this tournament. The best midfield defenders. The passing of Sneijder, the power of Kuyt and the brilliance from Robben. But Huntelaar isn't the attacker, so we will miss some firepower and cleverness in that position.

A pretty balanced final, the team with the most luck will have the cup I guess.
My hopes go for a 1 - 0 victory for Holland in the 93th minute :sly:
Also because " we " have the most of luck. Almost Germany like :dunce:

That octopus is so accurate it's almost scary...
The octopus missed the prediction of the Euro 2008 final. Also the quarterfinal of 2008.
Octopusses can be trained and see colour. The colour yellow attracts them somehow.

Besides, I like Dutch mussels better than Spanisch mussels :sly:

spanish-girl-02.jpg

vs

dutch_girl_euro_2008.jpg

C'mon Holland I would love too see them lift it also a wise man wouldn't bet against Paul who strangely picked spain in no time must be a huge scoreline.

rsh
Besides, I like Dutch mussels better than Spanisch mussels :sly:

spanish-girl-02.jpg

vs

dutch_girl_euro_2008.jpg

Oh yeah, and your pic choices aren't biased.... ;)

I always make my judgements on foreign women based on the statistical principle of sampling, there's beautiful chicks and erhm..normal chicks everywhere in the world :D.

After the semis, I can't see any team beating Spain, excepting Holland, so the game is totally open. A whole new world champion, bring it. :D

Forlan mind me Platini style play. He's very good. Where he's playing during years ?

He currently plays in Atletico Madrid. He actually scored both goals in the final of the Europa League when Atletico won this year. He has also won the golden shoe for scoring most goals in the european domestic leagues twice, once in Villareal and once in Atletico. So he's certainly no unknown. I doubt he will play his football in Atletico next year though

Random streaming question, anyone know of a link for live streaming of a crowd of fans watching the game in Amsterdam (or similar)?

Back