FIFA World Cup 2010 Finals Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,827 comments
The envy for Orange is growing.

Credit to Sauber, author of the much celebrated bookled: "Oranges have feelings too"

He is just the rising Star of LITTLE,UNKOWN,UNNOTICED team called Barcelona...:sly:
I guess it's normal You never heard from him before.:D

Hahaha, that's exactly what I was thinking when I read his post! :D

Also like how Iker is leading the train with the German Jersey on! :sly:

"Spanish national team or Barca?
Barca players move to 'The Red' successful style that has won four Ligas and two Champions League in six years

Six players, seven if you consider Villa, the starting lineup against Germany which Spain presented at the World Cup semi-final of the Barcelona players are. Piqué, Puyol, Busquets Xavi, Iniesta and Peter were the focus of 'The Red' in the historic victory over the Germans that the Spanish team will fight for his first world title
Quoted from spanish newspaper "La Vanguardia"- and translated by Google

So basically its going to be Holland vs. Barca.... All I can say is Barca is going DOWN... :P

So basically its going to be Holland vs. Barca.... All I can say is Barca is going DOWN... :P

I'm trying to find out about the English FA man who was sacked for alleging that this world cup has been match-fixed, and if I recall correctly, in favour of Spain. Unless I'm completely inept at searching the web, it's hard to come by.

That's not as old as the great Barca team that was Reziger, De Boer, Overmars, Zenden, Coco and Kluivert. That's about ten years back and I was lucky enough to see them play at Derby County in a pre-season warm up. Needless to say Kluivert was on fire and Coco and Overmars were taking the pi...err taking liberties :lol:

I watched the Spain game the other night and was amazed by their ability to pass the ball around and keep possession, a far cry from the rush-rush attacking of the Germans. It was a shame that the Germans didn't get stuck in more, they almost rolled over or were so mesmerised.

I guess of any two teams in the WC this time around, the two finalists have the most similar of playing styles and that can only be a good thing.

I'm rooting for Holland.

Can you write this character?

ç

Because it's Barça.

Oh sorry for being unprecise... I know its that character, but I dont know who to type it on here... Didnt know it was such a big deal...

I guess of any two teams in the WC this time around, the two finalists have the most similar of playing styles and that can only be a good thing.

I'm rooting for Holland.

Exactly... I think it will be a good match... and of course I hope Holland wins too... got the Monday off already just in case. :D

Last edited:
Regardless of what happens, I think it going to be great that a NEW team will win this World Cup for the first time... personally I think Spain is stronger across the field, forwards, midfield, defenders, keeper..

Yeah, whichever team wins in the final and becomes the champion it would be great to watch. ;)

Can you write this character?

ç

Because it's Barça.

Tell that to the Google Tranlator- which btw I've pointed out had made the translation which I've copy\paste...:sly:

@ Daan ,he is right one uses the Ç before a or o but not before e or i(at least in Portuguese...I figure it's also the same in Castellano)

Either way the "Pulpo" is from Spanish side again:

and they already want for him to be protected:

Elena Espinosa calls for EU ' protect ' the octopus Paul
The Environment Minister has joked that the EU should activate the ban "to prevent the Germans eat it "
Again quoted from "La Vanguardia" and Google translated

but there are fake versions on the web:

and in a more anedoctic note:

jah-bar-manly-basque-calamari-tapas1.jpg

Paul may regret predicting a Holland win​

@ Daan ,he is right one uses the Ç before a or o but not before e or i(at least in Portuguese...I figure it's also the same in Castellano)
OK. 👍

As you can see, I'm showing my support for Spain (I picked them to win before the tournament started) by using the ç in my location (even though my username is a Dutch name...)

I know, but Valdes is on the bench.

I know but they were talking about the starting line up...;)

@ T.M those are squid...but:
There is a Portuguese special Arroz de Polvo(Pulpo Risotto)

that tastes much better than it looks,believe me.:dopey:

^^^ I'll have some of that Arvore :) MMMMMMMMM Damn Octopus... If he ends up being right I'll use my free monday to pay him a visit in Oberhausen...

Octopus is really good. You have to eat fresh grilled octopus though. DO NOT buy octopus in a little tin like they sell anchovies or sardines, etc.

I know but they were talking about the starting line up...;)

Oh, OK. I thought they were talking about the whole team.

OK. 👍

As you can see, I'm showing my support for Spain (I picked them to win before the tournament started) by using the ç in my location (even though my username is a Dutch name...)

:lol::lol::lol:👍

Octopus is really good. You have to eat fresh grilled octopus though.

I also love that,it's a very common menu here in the Summer...

Oh really? I'd like to try it

I can give You a few tips of restaurants that cook it really well...if You ever come to Portugal.

I can give You a few tips of restaurants that cook it really well...if You ever come to Portugal.

I've been to a few, though I'd never remember the names. They always leave a plate out on the table but don't charge unless you tuck-in. Very nice though, if not entirely World Cup related.

^^ Sçotland? :lol:

Well, now the final game is approaching, I must say I'm really satisfied with outcome of the cup so far, two nice teams are making into the finals, opposing to 2006 where two boring teams made the final game. In 2006 the only attractive thing to the show was Zidane, now things are different, with so many talented players on the pitch.

Also, anyone dare to make a guess for the best player in the cup? Sneijder or Villa? Whoever decides the game will take the crown. ;)

OK. 👍

It doesn't sound right though, you only use ç when you want an "s" sound.

So you live in Ssotland. :P

I'd say Holland will take this but I was wrong about Spain vs Germany so who knows...

I'll be brief and semi-professional... if I had to pick Spain vs. Netherlands, something tells me that Spain will probably win 2-1. Not confident, but I'll pick Spain.

Back