Final Gran Turismo 5 Seasonal Event

• Thread starter JER_CREST
  • 101 comments
Has anyone tried setting the date on the PS3 to after June 2nd and got the cars?
PD would have to have the five car files loaded on their server ready for release. Then there has to be a script to match the TT names with GT6 names, which they may not run until the day. They set the date not your system time.

Duds, the GT-R event its so difficult even to get a gold. Im so tired after got an Silver with GTwheels, cant imagine how I will get a lower time now.

The more frustating is, the first ranked guy is Brazilian, how he did 8:17? its ridiculos fast.

I've realised, that turn your traction control as low as you can handle and all other aids off, and just don't crash you should be able to just slip in under the 8:45:000 time
Oh, and you can handbrake lightly at the first turn, as soon as you have finished braking.

While I like that they made some TTs that resemble similar challenges from the past in GT5 (Top Gear 2nd challenge and basically every special event on the Nürb w/Kaz's cars lol), I think they could have done something more interesting.

Maybe one of the Elise RMs on TGTT, then an 8C on Eiger (but reversed), and finishing with the X2010 prototype on Nürb 24H. Set the times to go up in difficulty each challenge, then award better and better prize cars depending on how well you do. Valid lap in all three; something basic but unique like the Abarth in GT6 and maybe a free pick of one of the GT5 DLC cars in GT5. Bronze in all three; those same prizes plus a few more mid level cars in GT6 while giving some more GT5 DLC in GT5 (operating under the assumption some players just won't buy the next game so some real prizes should keep loyalty and help the purchase of the next game). Gold in all three; a unique new DLC car in GT6 and all GT5 DLCs for free in GT5 plus the Redbull 5G in both games.

Reflect on the past while bringing in the future. Come on PD, just think about this stuff before you throw something out there. 👍

Very casual GT racer here. How do I get an online time or best lap saved? I go GT Mode -> Seasonal Events -> Online Event Finale -> Top Gear Test Track -> Start. Then I race laps to get, say, bronze. Best Lap always stays -:--.--- and
no saved My Online Record shows. I am not falling off the course getting a next lap invalidated message. So how does one get a time saved?

Thanks

If someone hasn't started GT6 yet and has completed this seasonal event, when he starts playing GT6 will he be restricted to buy the Fit RS at the beginning or these cars will be available as well?

Is there clarification if just registering a time is sufficient or does one have to make the Online Rankings (ie be in the top 256)?

Quote from GT News:
From 07:00 BST, 3 June 2014 to 04:00 BST, 30 June 2014, if "Gran Turismo 6" is launched on a PlayStation®3 while signed in with a SEN Account used to register a time in the Online Rankings of any GT5 Online Event Finale’s mentioned above, the following 5 cars will be awarded automatically in GT6:

Reading that, i guess getting a timed lap (valid) is enough (personaly, i think Bronze is enough).

If someone hasn't started GT6 yet and has completed this seasonal event, when he starts playing GT6 will he be restricted to buy the Fit RS at the beginning or these cars will be available as well?

Considering you have to buy the Fit RS even if you have all of the Anniversary edition cars I'd expect you would have to. You can just immediately sell it though.

as far as I understood, any time will do, but really you can get silver first time pretty easily anyway.

Not really sure where to post this...
20140515_114841.jpg

yea i need tips on the gt-r to get the gold and I'll get is the silver trophy

Just keep playing and learn the track.

I did the 24 Minutes of Nurburgring a few times in GT6 and it kind of helped. Also the AMG Driving Academy in GT5, that can really help you learn the 'ring.

Managed gold it on my first attempt with three seconds to spare.

I got bronze on the Top Gear track, and a ranking. Do I have to bronze the Ring too or am I good to get the event prize?

I think I can bronze the Ring too, I'll try tomorrow morning. Last day!

I got bronze on the Top Gear track, and a ranking. Do I have to bronze the Ring too or am I good to get the event prize?

I think I can bronze the Ring too, I'll try tomorrow morning. Last day!

I earlier said "Directions are ambiguous to me so I at least got bronze." Here's another part that's ambiguous to me. I read it as do at least one, but I recommend doing both just to be sure.

1:13.984 for P2 on the Miata one. Not even gonna attempt the one on the Ring.
May I ask how long it took for you to get that time? I'm down to 1:13.922 now and I think a low 13.8 should be doable tomorrow, but it took me over 3 hours to get there! You always just set a time the first few days, and dont return, and to do that time on the first day is dead impressive! Sure I do it in just 1 day aswell, but at the very end. Maybe we are different, but I can never set that kind of time at the beginnig of the event...

et_
May I ask how long it took for you to get that time? I'm down to 1:13.922 now and I think a low 13.8 should be doable tomorrow, but it took me over 3 hours to get there! You always just set a time the first few days, and dont return, and to do that time on the first day is dead impressive! Sure I do it in just 1 day aswell, but at the very end. Maybe we are different, but I can never set that kind of time at the beginnig of the event...

Maybe 30 minutes maximum. I really don't remember. :lol:

Maybe 30 minutes maximum. I really don't remember. :lol:
Wow... I still have stuff to learn it seems :P Gonna do the GT academy rounds sometime next week, lets see if I can keep up with you there:)

Gold at Stage 1 Top Gear and Silver at Stage 2 Nurburgring 24h. That GT-R at Nurburgring is a beast! Still 5 seconds off gold...Hoping that will be enough.

Back