First bike!

Oh yeah, those grips will give you an extra 10hp. AT LEAST.
I always used a very soft Renthal grip on the trials bikes, reduces the weight by 5-8 percent. ;)

I just got so tired of seeing my stock grips. So dated and 80s looking, but now the bike is looking modern.

Oh and more fun! I may be getting a new muffler soon to replace my broken baffle'd universal muffler lol. And he'll re-jet my bike for me for next to nothing if I get a lunchbox filter. I'll be happy with this bike running 13s... And that's the ticket

Valve shim bucket compressor showed up yesterday, time to pull shims and see what size they are so I can order new ones.

Placed my order for a newer gas tank and seat! No more supremely ugly, dented, JB welded shut gas tank! I'm gathering up supplies for the cafe build :)

Tank and seat are on! Next will be the custom tail :)

2j6a743.jpg

^Agreed. This might sound odd but everything else thats plastic (like fenders) I'd make a darker purple.

^Agreed. This might sound odd but everything else thats plastic (like fenders) I'd make a darker purple.

That is odd :lol:

My swing arm is still purple, as well as top plate of the triple, and grab handle. I need to go and paint my front fender now as well, it's dark grey... can't be having it looking cobbled together 👎

There won't be any plastic except front fender after I'm done with it. I'm not going to be running any rear plastics, just a fiberglass or metal little tail piece I still have to design

Oddly enough the the color combination works quite well. This bike and Yamaha Banshees's look great in this combo.

l.jpg

l_f9fdddd6b7bbaefc7cb8bc063fd7e80f.jpg

Honestly I think it looks fantastic. Very original. No sarcasm intended.

I might have stuck with it longer if the other side of the tank wasn't bashed in and rusting and had 2 pin holes filled with JB weld :lol:

Update - exhaust had the broken baffle removed yesterday, basically just a straight pipe with a resonator now. Sounds mean now! Also ordered an intake and jet kit today, this thing will scream in a weeks time

New gas cap, float bowl gasket to solve my gas leak, exhaust done up right, '04 tank/seat on, grab handle removed... interesting little bobbed tail I have going on lol. Jets are on the way so I can finally put my damn K&N on and get this running smooth as silk

733886_10200871588534269_1174400008_n.jpg

Careful about the grab handles, they may actually be part of the structure at the back. I know the taillights and license plate don't seem like an awful lot of weight, but the place they're mounted on may have a lot more leeway now for vibration and movement, and you may end up cracking pieces back there.

How much money have you dumped into this thing since you got it? Looks like it's paying off. (no pun intended)

Bare arms. Check.
Bare ankles. Check.
Bare back. Check.

Why bother with a helmet and gloves?
You want some skin to stay flesh coloured when you get knocked off?
Surely it'd be better if you had the blood/gravel/bone look all over your body.
You know, like the thong wearers on the beach try to minimise their white bits.......

No offense, but sometimes I type what I think.

Stay shiny side up.

:irked:👍

Careful about the grab handles, they may actually be part of the structure at the back. I know the taillights and license plate don't seem like an awful lot of weight, but the place they're mounted on may have a lot more leeway now for vibration and movement, and you may end up cracking pieces back there.
Thankfully the grab handle is just bolted on in 2 places. I really don't think it's structural at all, it bolts to the frame that runs under it.

I'll definately check it out closer though now, I do not want to have any issues!
How much money have you dumped into this thing since you got it? Looks like it's paying off. (no pun intended)
Carb clean/tune - $30
Chain - $80
Bars - $25
Front fender/brace - $45
Tires - $210
K&N - $30
Re-jet - $25
Carb rebuild - $17
Tank/seat - $130
Speedometer - $50
Intake pipe - $30
Carb diaphragm - $30
Valve adjustment stuff - $40
GSXR Pegs - $25
GSXR grips - FREE! :lol:
Carb sync - $25
Gas cap - $15

So... $807 if I haven't forgotten anything haha

And the gear...
Vanson leather jacket - brand new and got it free... Cheapest on the Vanson site is $400
Harley boots - $180, but again free as a late graduation present
Armored summer jacket - $20, craigslist
Joe Rocket armored gloves - $30, but they were christmas presents
Icon Alliance helmet - $140 thanks to frequent customer discount

Only $160 I've paid for in gear
Bare arms. Check.
Bare ankles. Check.
Bare back. Check.

Why bother with a helmet and gloves?
You want some skin to stay flesh coloured when you get knocked off?
Surely it'd be better if you had the blood/gravel/bone look all over your body.
You know, like the thong wearers on the beach try to minimise their white bits.......

No offense, but sometimes I type what I think.

Stay shiny side up.

I normally ride in full gear, just didn't feel like gearing up that day. Yeah it's a stupid risk, but I was just excited to be back in the saddle after a week I couldn't ride it. I don't take any offense to it, don't worry!

Always helmet and gloves because in Florida, under 21 years old must wear a helmet, and my bars vibrate too much to ride without gloves

In other news, I dropped the lunchbox and jets in the carb 2 nights ago... Let's just say I've burned through an entire tank since then. The sounds this thing makes now is great! Growls through the intake! Just have a little fine tuning left on the mix screws, I'm too rich at idle and extremely small throttle openings, rest of the range is greatly improved

Last edited:
I have a speedometer but no tach. The bike had no gauge When I bought it and I didn't feel like dropping 130+ on good used OEM

Re-jetted, tuned properly now, running nicely!

And of course, now I gotta sell it.

But just because my bank account has grown up, and I'm searching out a Bandit 600S. To street fighter out/ have a bike that can handle highway and what not

532948_10200989514162336_1398205745_n.jpg

It's just a tail swap and a headlight... sooooo easy, so effective

I like it. Looks really aggressive. In love with the matt black paint too.

That's the custom version... lol

Here's stock

146_0012_c2zoom+2000_suzuki_bandit_600+front_right.jpg

So tail plastics, headlight swap, and it'll look that good!

Or get a regular Bandit 600. Then you don't need to take the front fairing off.

Good luck.

Ew the stock one is ugly IMO. If you do the custom work then get it but if not don't bother. Keep what you have.

$335 buys lower fairings also

BanditBottomFairing.jpg

Or get a regular Bandit 600. Then you don't need to take the front fairing off.

Good luck.

I'm still not sure if I'd keep and modify the fairing a little or ditch it entirely. It really comes down to, the only bandits for sale around here have the fairing, there are currently none listed that are naked. And I'm not going to pass up a bike just because I might remove it a fairing :lol:
Ew the stock one is ugly IMO. If you do the custom work then get it but if not don't bother. Keep what you have.

I like the stock one... Either way I'm planning the tail swap. Then I can't decide whether I'd do full fairings or naked street fighter. Leaning toward the street fighter, but I'll wait until after I find one and ride a bit to finish that decision.

And more importantly than looks, I really want a bigger bike. Do I want to go faster? Yeah, a bit. But more importantly, I want one that can handle the highway well. I wring the GS's neck to do 80 (feels like it, but it tops out at indicated 110) and don't think it really likes to be up at that speed. Bandits fit the bill, and the price range, while being a "low maintenance" bike that can be ridden a lot with no issues

Got someone coming down as I type to check out the GS today. Hopefully I'll be $1500 richer in an hour!

And I also ran across an ad for something pretty cool.....

3K13F63Nd5Ia5G55Fad4j656e90348fca17f8.jpg

3E13Lf3N35I95N35M1d4j9288e67564a819a7.jpg

It's a '94 GSXR750. 25k miles. Beautiful!

The GS is sold :D Now I'm going to investigate that jig before diving back into bandits. Ive wanted a sport bike the whole time but most are too expensive and that's way too nice not to check out!

Back