First Car&Track Combo You Gonna Run

You know what, with all these legendary cars it would be the obvious choice to pick one of those on an equally legendary circuit. I'm going to pick something a bit different, a high power, low grip car, possibly some sort of road car and pick a twisty track, possibly Donington national, and get that bad boy seriously sideways and test out the new tyre model/physics and see what PCars 2 is all about. Then I'll probably take some beast down La Sarthe.

I usually take a clinical approach to these things to try and sort out the physics, FFB, tuning etc. I pick a middle of the road street and race car and run them around a track I'm intimately familiar with like Laguna Seca. I'll literally spend hours with just those two cars and one track and once I think I've got a feel for things I will pick a couple of different cars and try to match my expectations to what happens on the track. Only when I think I'm comfortable with the physics and FFB will I move to my favourite tracks and give them a go. I want my first go in the GT3 RS or other special cars to be more about the car and the track without having to fiddle with the FFB and/or wondering if what is happening on the track has something to do with the car, the track conditions or the physics engine itself.

Something fun I do in PCars1 to make it like one part of the track has different weather is race on Nordschleife or Spa with four weather slots. Let's say two laps, so if time progression is 10x then weather progression would be 20x so it loops around and is the same both laps. Set up the second slot for light fog for that high speed climb uphill. Make any other slot a rain slot of some kind. Because it's a long track you but more importantly the AI will drive through it since there's nowhere to pit.

As a Super GT fan and someone that loves Sugo, my first run will be with the Nismo GT3 at Sugo with a format similar to Super GT but with GT1 being the faster of the two classes.

Johnny O'Connell's Cadillac around Long Beach (site of the first Pirelli World Challenge race I attended), followed shortly thereafter by a Honda IndyCar at Classic Monza.

Set up my Oculus and jump in a NSX GT3 on Spa Francorchamps! Or the Porsche 2017 GTE, but that car should be in a future announcement because there are still some cars to be revealed.

Set up my Oculus and jump in a NSX GT3 on Spa Francorchamps! Or the Porsche 2017 GTE, but that car should be in a future announcement because there are still some cars to be revealed.

Hopefully, the mid-engine car is really cool.

Ariel Atom V8 around the Bannochbrae road course.
It's my favourite car/track combo from PCars 1.

If you haven't tried it yet, I can't recommend it highly enough.
It's a white knuckle ride.

Back