First DLC announced

I still have a lot to do offline, so I'm not bothered.

Last night I managed to win the 550 Maranello Trophy, (Misano, Virginia and an awesome very fluid Canadian track, can't remeber the name of it), it was very, very hard.

The Misano race (from 16th to 1st) was a blast, after doing it I spent another 13 minutes just watching the replay. Pity we can't save those, it would make an excellent youtube video (but last night I didn't have the camcorder ready).

This Trophy (550) was perhaps the most difficult so far.

yeah some trophies are very very hard, in achievements section you can see how mucht stars are awarded for the trophy which gives you an idea about difficulty

the canadian track is called redwood park and is the same track as the gilles villeneuves grand prix circuit.

Not quite.

The 550 Trophy is a 3 star trophy and to my it was harder than the F430 GT2, a 4 star trophy. I guess road cars and their handling make it more difficult for me.

And the Canadian track I'm referring to isn't redwood/gille villeneuve. It's another one. At home I'll check its name. It's a wonderful track, with road elevations, very fast and fluid.

aah yes with the elevation it must be mont tremblant, still got to unlock that one..

i found the F50 trophy (3starts i thought) at least way harder than the 348 challenge trophy (1star)

Got some new info today about the DLC here it goes:

There will be at least 6 months of DLC where we will see:
- FREE DLC (example Livery content)
- FREE "engine" updates (example the ability to roll)
- And now the BIG one we will see Formula One cars as DLC (confirmed)
- And some cars are and will be exclusive to Ferrari Challenge

I would love to tell more but... :sly::sly::sly::)👍

EDIT: Some stuff are taking more time duo to the normal legal issues.

sounds nice but how did you get the info?
mark did say that there will be a big suprise but im skeptic when it comes to formula one, unless mark posts it here.

we all know you read the topics man :D

I still hit it a couple of times a week doing the trophys, the AI dose make for good compertition but I really want to play it online, had some great 2-4 player races and come a full field..............hurry up with that patch sony! nice info there, hope we see some gradiants and some more "sponsor" logos on the editor! F1 would be a little crazy LOL

Nürburgring Nordschleife and five supercars to be unleashed in August

Tuesday 29th July/...System 3 is proud to announce the first in a series of downloadable content for the genre-defining Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli, to be released on PlayStation Network in August.

Adding to an already impressive 16 real world circuits, the first downloadable content pack features the infamous 5.2km Nürburgring F1 Strecke, one of the toughest most demanding and most dangerous racetrack in the world

seriously, this guy doesnt know what he's talking about...

I think you're wrong, Mekanaizer. The Sudschleife no longer exists, it's just the GP track.

Check this: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/olivier.jacquet/Historique origine E.htm

One other mistake (or not) is that, according to Mark Cale himself, the "New" F430 will be the "Scuderia", not the "Spider".

OT - About the Spider, some weeks ago I went to visit a friend that lives in the same residential building as Pedro Lamy. When I arrived, parked just outside the main entrance was a black F430 spider (Pedro Lamy's car, my friend told me). It is a beauty !!!

I think you're wrong, Mekanaizer. The Sudschleife no longer exists, it's just the GP track.

Check this: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/olivier.jacquet/Historique origine E.htm

One other mistake (or not) is that, according to Mark Cale himself, the "New" F430 will be the "Scuderia", not the "Spider".

OT - About the Spider, some weeks ago I went to visit a friend that lives in the same residential building as Pedro Lamy. When I arrived, parked just outside the main entrance was a black F430 spider (Pedro Lamy's car, my friend told me). It is a beauty !!!

The Sudschleife and the Zielschleife were 'destroid' to be today's F1 Nurburgring layout and today's Nurburgring track is still conected with the gigantic Nordschleife.

im holding off on the DLC till ive completed the game or till maybe they release it in a bundle with other packs for cheap.

Yeah, if you read carefully it looks more of a web post error..

When I read carefully it seemed to me like somebody just typed "Nurburgring" in Google and copy/pasted first few lines he/she could find.

Also, the title clearly says "Nordschliefe". I just have to wonder what amount of money does that person who wrote this text - ot he person responsible for content respectfuly - gets for his incompetence?

It would be nice if System 3 could offer us Cars like:
- Since we have the Ferrari F355 Challenge and the GTB they could offer us the GTS and this works with other Ferraris.

They could even offer us Tracks like:
- We have the 'new' SPA but they could offer us the SPA track with the 2005 layout (the old Bus Stop). Of course that if they would do the older SPA the 14km one we would pay for it and this works with other Tracks.

This could be a great way to present Ferrari Challenge to the fans and attract newcomers.

//Mekanaizer

Last edited:
Yeah, and original Hockenheim for instance. They've could at least did that, they were there for this Nowckenheim that we got.

So I've got a question about DLC and regions. I live in the us but bought a PAL version of the game. So do I use my eu account to download the dlc content? If anyone knows the answer to this question it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

As told over the Eutechnyx forum (yesterday, now) the first DLC is about to be submitted to Sony.
I posted here on another thread but it looks like nobody is looking at it.

So we've been waiting since August and now, in November, they say it is being submitted to Sony.

Yes I have got patience but why have they kept it so late to be released? There was obviously a delay of some sort but they could've atleast told us.

I'm really not too excited by the idea of DLC - until they fix the existing game I wouldn't even consider paying for anything extra!

I knew there was something up when they said..."oh yeah we are going to release a car pack every month to eventually build into a collection of every Ferrari ever made"...:lol: You will be lucky if the first pack ever sees the light of day!

Robin.

Face it. It wont be coming Eutechnyx have obviously forgot about the game. There was so many bugs in it and didnt earn enough hype from critics or sales let alone. I want them to focus on their next game and make a good effort on it. Ferrari Challenge is not bad but it's not good either. I sold the game and got GRID instead which im now enjoying more since they released a new 8 Ball Downloaded Pack with 8 New Cars and Multiplayer Features....

Face it. It wont be coming Eutechnyx have obviously forgot about the game. There was so many bugs in it and didnt earn enough hype from critics or sales let alone. I want them to focus on their next game and make a good effort on it. Ferrari Challenge is not bad but it's not good either.

This is a bit frustrating. FC is a good game. It had some problems that needed to be corrected. Some of the problems were corrected & it now plays quite nicely. What it offers that GT5P doesn't & probably won't until GT5 comes along, is a range of great tracks & good online options, along with very good physics & FFB.

I think Eutechnyx is making a mistake in moving on to another game. How likely is it that this new game, due to be released to market less than a year after FC, is going to be bug free & substantially better than FC? I would rather they focused on fixing, expanding (with the promised DLC) & promoting what is already a good game, rather than starting from scratch again.

If people buy it, of course. If System3 and Eutechnyx forget FC and fail on all the promises they made, I really don't see how they'll survive with future games. Do a litle youtube search and find Mark Cale talking about FC and how it will be a game with new content on monthly basis. Then tell me you're going to buy any new game he produces, based on what he says about it.

Right now, my intentions are to wait for GT5 (maybe I'll buy F1CE, SBK08 in the meantime) and - if Konami ever gets over the commercial flop of Enthusia - Enthusia 2.

Back