First DLC announced

More money in a new game though Biggles.

I would love to have someone explain to me how this works:

Ferrari Challenge doesn't seem to me the kind of game, like NFS, Midnight Club or Dirt, that would appeal to the younger gamer, or "casual" racer. Judging by these forums & the online activity, very few sim-enthusiasts seem to have bought FC. One of the reasons is most likely the variety of problems that existed with FC when it was released.

Now, instead of continuing to improve & expand FC & thereby (possibly) attracting more sim-fans to buy it, Eutechnyx/System 3 abandon FC & work on a new game. Who is going to buy this new game? The sim-fans who didn't buy FC? The younger/casual racer who didn't buy FC?

The answer, IMO, is the small number of people who did buy FC, minus the people who feel betrayed by the lack of promised follow-up & support for FC. That's not going to be a lot of people!

I'm thinking to get this game but if they say, for example, tomorrow there will be an update with clutch compatibility for old cars, I'll buy for sure. And I think the idea of download tracks and cars it's really good.👍

I'm thinking to get this game but if they say, for example, tomorrow there will be an update with clutch compatibility for old cars, I'll buy for sure. And I think the idea of download tracks and cars it's really good.👍

still waiting on those promised tracks and cars...every month...yeah right:tdown:

I won´t bash them anymore.

instead I give them a chance and maybe we get our DLC to xmas or so. :)

Last edited:
Finally I bought the game, hope see DLC this xmas 👍
It's quite funny because if we have DLC it's going to be paying so, they will have more money... Can it be these promised DLC for the next eutechnyx game (going without downloading, going in the stock game) ?

Why throw good money after bad? We're paying for on the job training. They have to prove themselves to get any money from smart people.

I think it's very unlikely that there will be new DLC now that they are focused on the new game. :indiff:

I'm not sure it's that different from what PD have done with GT5P. However, at least PD call their game "Prologue".

I think it's very unlikely that there will be new DLC now that they are focused on the new game. :indiff:

I'm not sure it's that different from what PD have done with GT5P. However, at least PD call their game "Prologue".

Yeah I'm afraid I have to agree. Although I still hope one day we'll at least see the additional cars and tracks that they've already completed up to this point.

Yeah I'm afraid I have to agree. Although I still hope one day we'll at least see the additional cars and tracks that they've already completed up to this point.

They seem to be claiming that arranging for DLC on the PSN is a very complicated business - this is something that I have no way of judging. If the additional content comes with the new game, as has been suggested, will anyone even bother playing it - they'll all be playing SCC.

Am I the only one a little concerned that all the cars in the new game will be "Supercars"? Seems to me that the best cars to race in FC are some of the less powerful ones like the 348 & 355 Challenges.

And PD have given us free dlc.

Am I the only one a little concerned that all the cars in the new game will be "Supercars"? Seems to me that the best cars to race in FC are some of the less powerful ones like the 348 & 355 Challenges.

Yes I have to agree with this. The 355 is probably one of the most enjoyable cars to drive in FC and much easier to have good close racing than some of the other, faster cars.

That said, I would rather see pure 'race' cars like open cockpit prototypes or GT1/2 cars like the Corvette C6R or DB9R as opposed to just very fast road cars.

Once we have the full list of 40 cars I may feel better.

Well the GT version is different in many ways, from internal technology (harnasses, seats) to tyres and engine restrictions.

FINALLY! DLC is set to arrive in May. Information available from System 3 by clicking here.

But in brief:
- available in May
- cars include: F430 Scuderia, 599 GTB Fiorano, 612 Scagliette Sessanta, 330 P4 & Enzo
- new track is Nuerburging GP track
- a new patch fixing a host of issues will also be released.
- cars will be available individually or as part of the package.
- no prices set yet.

As I said on the Eutechnyx board, I'm afraid it's too little too late to revive any interest in this game but for us in the Ferrari Challenge section it's quite welcome. And (what I didn't say on the Eutechnyx forum) at least it allows S3 to finally save face with Super Car Challenge.

If they release any DLC for FC, I might be inclined to look at SCC. But they still don't get it.

No Tyre degradation.
No Pits
No "Real" Setups.
Etc, etc...

Too little too late. Especially being the GP track not Nordscliffe I see no reason to bother. The cars will more than likely end up in SCC anyway.

Can sameone confirm that the 599 in this DLC is the same one in the current NTSC version or is it a different version.

I would guess it's a different car, the NTSC version has a Gamestop 599 the DLC says it's a 599 Fiorano.

I would guess it's a different car, the NTSC version has a Gamestop 599 the DLC says it's a 599 Fiorano.

OK, thanks for that Moose, i would like to try the gamestop 599, but i get there wont be much performance difference between them. i hope.

I'm guessing they're both essentially identical. But I have my doubts if you'll be able to pit them against each other in a lobby. Unfortunate.

I seem to be in the minority who actually like the Nurburgring GP track, its a fun, fast and interesting track which rewards gutsy driving (well, at least in F1:CE).

I also don't mind having a few extra cars in the game and the price is reasonable....plus I'm not really interested in SCC.

I seem to be in the minority who actually like the Nurburgring GP track, its a fun, fast and interesting track which rewards gutsy driving (well, at least in F1:CE).

I really like the GP track too. It has testing brake points, sweeping corners that rise and drop quite a lot. Turns 9,10,11,12 are great. Also going flat out towards the last chicane that rises.

I remember playing the one track Nurburgring GP demo of F1 96 or 97 on PS1 constantly. I find it such an addicting track.

Back