First DLC announced

I gave in and downloaded it. I've only tried the P4 and the Nurburgring so far. Not bad at all really.

Ok, I am now officialy 🤬 The DLC pack isn't available in the PT Store, and I created a ES account to be able to downlod it from there. Gave my correct info, only the adress was from a spanish friend.

So, the account is created, I go to the PSN Store, there I see the DLC pack and when I confirm the purchase the expected "card details" screen shows up. Then, I see it. The adress of that card can't be from anywhere else but ... Spain.

FAIL, my credit cards are all associated to my Lisbon Adress
So much for the DLC pack for me then ...

Ok, I am now officialy 🤬 The DLC pack isn't available in the PT Store, and I created a ES account to be able to downlod it from there. Gave my correct info, only the adress was from a spanish friend.

So, the account is created, I go to the PSN Store, there I see the DLC pack and when I confirm the purchase the expected "card details" screen shows up. Then, I see it. The adress of that card can't be from anywhere else but ... Spain.

If you have a really good friend that truest you, it is posibel for him to buy and download, it, then you can sign into his PSN-ID goto his DL history and DL it. Then sign back to your own PSN-ID and there you go you have it.

I havent tryed this with FC, but it works for almost every other games, so im pretty sure its posibel for FC too.

I just purchased the pack. I think I've never driven the renewed Nürburgring GP track before. I'm looking forward smoking tires there, and testing those Ferrari models also.
@ Hun: Too bad mate, I hope the problem will be solved in the near future.
See you on track!
-fbk-

If you have a really good friend that truest you, it is posibel for him to buy and download, it, then you can sign into his PSN-ID goto his DL history and DL it. Then sign back to your own PSN-ID and there you go you have it.

I havent tryed this with FC, but it works for almost every other games, so im pretty sure its posibel for FC too.

klondike, I appreciate your suggestion. However, you do understand that any "friend" in this case would have to give me the access (password included) not only to his account, but also to his credit card details (because that's the account that bought the pack, and the details are viewable if I use it).

I won't ask anyone such a thing.

klondike, I appreciate your suggestion. However, you do understand that any "friend" in this case would have to give me the access (password included) not only to his account, but also to his credit card details (because that's the account that bought the pack, and the details are viewable if I use it).

Yes i understand you completely. I know its posibel to do it because many people have done it.

I have never done it my self just out of princip, even i had a few people asking me if i was interested to trade some PSN downloads. I have always told them no i will never give my password, nor will i ask for anyone else's

However I think its posibel to remove the credit card details, and also change the password again after it was downloaded.

But anyway I understand you completely, it was just a suggestion. Maybe if you know someone in RL or have a family member that you and him are really on trust basis you could do it. But doing it with people you only know from PSN or forums i agre its not a wise idea.

Yes i understand you completely. I know its posibel to do it because many people have done it.

I have never done it my self just out of princip, even i had a few people asking me if i was interested to trade some PSN downloads. I have always told them no i will never give my password, nor will i ask for anyone else's

However I think its posibel to remove the credit card details, and also change the password again after it was downloaded.

But anyway I understand you completely, it was just a suggestion. Maybe if you know someone in RL or have a family member that you and him are really on trust basis you could do it. But doing it with people you only know from PSN or forums i agre its not a wise idea.

You can't trust anyone.

I really hate this thing about the marketing, and believe me I was quite quite happy when I saw it ended with Playstation 3 since it's region free so we could import everything (or almost, except the PlayAsia titles that can't be shipped outside Asia because of their terms&condit.). Unfortunately, now that all the discs works, we're starting to have the thing regionalized on the DLC.. and it's a shame. I really would like to see this DLC worldwide. Being honestly, it's not a wo-so-great DLC, but greater or not I'm tired to see some people have the oportunity and others not, we're the same people and we must get the same possibilities. I really don't like how SCEA, SCEE and SCEJ are driving this, and I don't care the difficulties they have to do it on the different Stores of each regions, but just think about what this is doing, lot of users complaining about people from other regions because they get more or less and so on. I think for me it started when I saw I couldn't have the possibility to buy through my GT TV the Beyond The Apex doc., and I've never watched it :(

Anyway, Hun, one idea:

- Your friend in Spain creates an account specially for this, and through that one he buy the DLC for you.
- After the purchase, he deletes the personal credit card data on that account (if saved).
- He gives you the password of that account, so you can enter it and get the DLC.
- You'll have the DLC on your Playstation 3, so on your normal account. I don't know if he'll need to keep that special account on his Playstation 3 forever in order to don't delete the "link" between your Playstation 3 DLC and his.

I think that's possible but I'm not sure since I've never done it, I just know this by reading. I could give you mine, but the problem is that the same account I used to purchase it is my main one where I do have all my trophies, and if after the password thing any error occur or I do have that account blocked, I'll kill myself if I lost my WipEout HD trophies :ouch:

And if everything above fails, get a few beers and get a plane to my house which isn't so so far from Lisboa and we'll have a few matches here :dopey:👍

Last edited:

You dont need there credit card Mario, i was given a friends account details & went to the playstation store & view there downloads & if that brought the DLC for FC, you can download there DLC at no cost to you.

You dont need there credit card Mario, i was given a friends account details & went to the playstation store & view there downloads & if that brought the DLC for FC, you can download there DLC at no cost to you.

I think he was more worried on behalf of the person who had to give him his account info. It could be posibel for him to see the friends credit card info. but as sayd before it is posibel to remove the info and change the password afterwards.

Its defenetly doable ( If we asume FC is like most other games, being able to DL it from DL history) Although its not something id recomend doing with "strangers" only knew from a internet forum or PSN. However if GTPhun had a RL friend or family member in a country where the DLC is acessable its pretty easy to do with out any conserns.

Anyway, Hun, one idea:

- Your friend in Spain creates an account specially for this, and through that one he buy the DLC for you.
- After the purchase, he deletes the personal credit card data on that account (if saved).
- He gives you the password of that account, so you can enter it and get the DLC.
- You'll have the DLC on your Playstation 3, so on your normal account. I don't know if he'll need to keep that special account on his Playstation 3 forever in order to don't delete the "link" between your Playstation 3 DLC and his.

I think that's possible but I'm not sure since I've never done it, I just know this by reading. I could give you mine, but the problem is that the same account I used to purchase it is my main one where I do have all my trophies, and if after the password thing any error occur or I do have that account blocked, I'll kill myself if I lost my WipEout HD trophies :ouch:

And if everything above fails, get a few beers and get a plane to my house which isn't so so far from Lisboa and we'll have a few matches here :dopey:👍

That could work, yes, but he (the friend in question) doesn't have a PS3. Anyway, I have been playing so litle recently (nothing so far this week) that for the time being I'll just wait. I guess the PSN Store gets updated weekly (on thursdays?) and I hope the DLC will eventually become available here too.

Thanks for the suggestion and, about me visiting you, it may happen one day, Canarias aren't far and, from what I hear, are very beatiful. With some PS3 playing involved, even better! :)

Yeah Jason, but in the account details I have access to I will also find the credit card details. Of course it can be erased for a time, but I'll keep the account details so my "friend" will know that it will be always risky to re-insert card details in that same account.

I'm not a bad person trying to use other person's money, but if I was, would I say it? No, I guess I would say ... "I'm not a bad person trying to use other person's money,".

That could work, yes, but he (the friend in question) doesn't have a PS3. Anyway, I have been playing so litle recently (nothing so far this week) that for the time being I'll just wait. I guess the PSN Store gets updated weekly (on thursdays?) and I hope the DLC will eventually become available here too.
Exactly, every Thursday the European Playstaiton Store recieves an update. But this weekend, it'll get not only that, but also another update tomorrow Wednesday. It's because of the E3 events. Don't know if the Wednesday udpate will be focused only on E3 while the Thursday will be only to the usual content updates, or if both will add nice mixed content for the Playstation 3. Anyway, they are good news for everybody and you'll get two oportunities of updates to fix that problem. I wish the best for the Portugal Store !

Hun200kmh
Yeah Jason, but in the account details I have access to I will also find the credit card details. Of course it can be erased for a time, but I'll keep the account details so my "friend" will know that it will be always risky to re-insert card details in that same account.
If I'm not wrong: Not really. In order to use a download from the account of other user, you only have to use his account a single time (the moment of the download). After that, you'll only need to keep the account on your system, but not necessary log into it anymore. So your friend would just have to change its password and that's all, the account will be once again belonging only to your friend. Anyway, I'm talking from the little things about the share of downloads that I've read, so if anybody with more knowledge on this can help here, it would be nice.

Anyway, I really hope you get the Store fixed so you can get it without all that thing with the accounts. So lets see if this weekend they do their job at SCEE.

Dutch website posted the new DLC for european store:

* Nürburgring (€2,99)
* Enzo Ferrari (€1,99)
* Ferrari 430 Scuderia (€1,99)
* Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano (€1,99)
* Ferrari 612 Sessanta (€1,99)
* Ferrari F330 P4 (€1,99)

http://www.psonly.nl/nieuws/20788/Europese_PlayStation_Store_update_11_juni_2009/

Kinda overpriced but is "Nurburgring" the nurburgring 20 km circuit? or juist the gp track, anyone that knows this? :sly:

Its just the GP track as Mark 'whatever-his-name-is' said a few months ago that the old Nurburgring is not a real race track!!!!!!!!

I downloaded the pack last week and have not yet had a chance to give it all a real go as work has just been insane.

Regards

Scaff

Just try entering your CC details in the ES account anyway, with a fake address (or that of your friend). Despite the big companies telling you otherwise, I've been told that they can't do an address check on your CC for privacy reasons.

Just to support my claim, I bought something (a Rockband 1 export key) from the UK store, using my Australian CC (an American Express) and a fake UK address. I actually looked up Sony UK and used their address haha. I was also under the impression it wouldn't work as the address was locked to the England.... but it did!

Now having said all this, another Aussie tried the same thing and it wouldn't work for them with either of their credit cards. We ended up doing the account thing... he changed the password on his 'fake' UK account, I logged in and used my credit card to buy the export key, then I entered the details section and removed my credit card entry so the account no longer had it saved. Then I told him it was all done and he changed his password back and wired me the $10 for the item.

Region locked DLC sucks bad enough, but in my case I couldn't get the export key for Rockband 1 despite having an Aussie Rockband 1, simply because the key is of no use to you unless you have Rockband 2 and that hasn't been released in Australia yet. Kinda dumb how the Aussie and UK stores are almost identical so someone had to actively decide not to sell this on the Aussie store. Made me grrrr for a while!

Thanks for the suggestion Jesse but meanwhile the pack beame finally available in the PT store, so I bought it from there. Problem solved! 👍

can anyone help me to pruchase the FC DLC please...or can anyone share it with me...i can not buy it from turkey...although i have pal and US version of FC, i can not race with DLC...

i could upload my pal fc gamesave including the dlc for you if you like :)

or do you think they'd code the dlc so it didn't copy so easily?

i could upload my pal fc gamesave including the dlc for you if you like :)

or do you think they'd code the dlc so it didn't copy so easily?

The game data will be locked so you will not be able to do it.

However, and far more importantly, even if you could it would be classed as piracy (sharing paid for content is a big no-no). The AUP here at GT Planet (which you agreed to when you joined) strictly forbids even talking about this.

Please do not do this again.

Thanks

Scaff

I'm surprised I don't see any review of the DLC content around here. I don't think a thread is needed for that, so I'll start mine:

Having downloaded the DLC only a few days ago, I didn't have much time with the new cars and track.

This is mainly because the people I usually play FC with nowadays are all from the other side of the Atlantic, so they don't have these cars.

So, and up until yesterday the only thing I did with the DLC "material" was a few quick runs with the 599 Fiorano, the 612 Scaglietti (both versions) and the 330 P4.

I'll start with those:

599 Fiorano - This car was a nice surprise. It's not an easy car to drive, you can feel it is both heavy and - because of its road tyres - very understeery. However, I had been warned that the NTSC 599 wasn't a good car, much like the 550 and 575 road versions, so I was really expecting a "pig".

And it's no pig. Sure it's hard to drive, but it's enjoyable enough and I don't think eutechnyx got it wrong this time.

612 Scaglietti - Another nice surprise. I was even expecting this one to be "worse" than the 599, but it isn't. I didn't compare laptimes, but I think they're mostly equal. Maybe easier to drive than the 599, but I spent more time wiith it, because we have two versions (normal and "system3" )and I wanted to find what was different between them. As far as I could tell ... nothing, except the "system3" car has the wheel on the wrong side of it ... lol ;)

330 P4 - Again, I think I only did two laps with this one, at Monza. The sound is nice, but nothing new really, I think they took the 512 sound to this one. About handling, again it's very similar to the 512 cars, but with a taste of the 250 GTO. That seems to be about right, considering this car is newer than the GTO but older than the 512S.

Last night, however, the "usual suspects" (my NTSC mates) didn't show up, and I went to FC (after a few rounds of GT5P) with GTP_JvM. JvM is a F430 Scuderia "lover", so that was the car to pick, and we raced it.

We went to Silverstone and I must say that, at first, I hated this car, couldn't keep it on track for more than 2 consecutive corners :dopey:

However, after a few laps, and a re-run (10minutes races) I started to ... love it! :D

This is the deal. Imagine a car that is very light and very powerful, a car that was designed to be used with driving aids (but we don't "do" that ;) ), a car that reminds you the F430 Challenge, but ... is no Challenge car, and is fitted with road tyres! :scared:

So, you think you are driving the F430 Challenge car, but you aren't. You can't brake like you brake in that one, you can't corner like you can in that one. And you ... go off! :crazy:

However, after you realize what the car can do, it becomes a joy. Especially because, believe it or not, this car is one helluvadrifter! Once I realized that I could do the entire final corner of Silverstone like if I was rallying, countersteering all the way and effectively "driving with the gas pedal" ... I had moments of great joy with that car. I strongly recommend you guys try it! And I can only hope the NTSC folks get this download ASAP! Made my day or, should I say ... my night, yesterday. :)

After Silverstone, and before we left, we went with that same car to the Nurburgring GP track. The experience was a bit messy because the car isn't easy and I still struggle with this track. However, I can say (confirm) that it is indeed a very challenging track in FC and to race in it made me want to have the colour palette of SCC implemented in this older game, but nothing else (can't make any other comment here, NDA doesn't allow it).

So, my review still lacks the following:

1) The Enzo
2) The 599, 612 and P4 with more depth, more laps and made in racing environment
3) A few relaxed laps around Nurburgring with the easiest, friendliest car in FC, the 348 Challenge.

I'll try to do that after next week.

Back