First impressions......

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 479 comments
I am still loving it! Did some grinding to get 3M, got the Dodge Tomahawk X, McLaren Gr.1, and Lambo Exotic go-kart looking one. Hit 358mph in the Dodge on the special X track, and love using the Lambo in the European championship for an easy 150k...so, back up to 750k after spending all my money. But still have 13 roulette cards...

Last edited:
I only like racing against other people. The only reason I played GT Sport was for the Daily races. I loved that most races were close, evenly matched, and often exciting. I was so looking forward to the online mode in GT 7!

To say I've been disappointed (as an online player) is an understatement. I don't know how, nor do I have the time to tune and test different cars I might be interested in racing. Testing multiple cars for the daily races would require buying the parts for tuning each car, yet another attempt at PD to bait people into microtransactions. Obviously I could grind the money (and I do), but again, as on online player, this is the opposite of what I want to be doing in game.

Tuning has been debated all over these boards. Personally, I highly prefer bop races. I don't know my a-hole from my elbow about tuning, and I certainly don't have time to experiment. However, I do agree there should be a mix offered between daily races.

The current penalty system is also a mess. I could go on about this, but I won't. And the microtransactions being introduced they way they did seemed super dirty.

I did complete all the menus and licenses, and have done a few missions. I totally get how some people enjoy that part of the game, it's just not for me. I just want to race other people and that's totally broken at the moment. I've never been a big public lobby guy, but I hear that's broken too. I am anxiuosly waiting to see what they do about adding daily race C next Monday.

Following up after some more seat time.

What's really nice is that the game now more properly models the dynamics of applying brake and throttle together. If you start to rotate, then apply some brake to stop the rotation of the car, it doesn't bog the car down in this weird way that GTS did, it actually lets the throttle work against the brakes, the rear axle of a FR car driving through the brakes on the front end, so that the car can be controlled with the brakes and throttle together. GTS had this weird binary way of modeling that that was not realistic at all, and defied physics by turning any brake application into understeer, which made the car feel like it was plowing through peanut butter. It was like a switch. Throttle-on dynamics were one thing, brake-on dynamics were another thing. But now, it drives properly, with the appropriate cross-talk on the inputs.

It all feels much more '3D' now, and along with a lot more fine details in the handling and feedback, make for a much more immersive experience.

Some report that the last patch covers those 2 issues. 👍
Well, the jumps have indeed been fixed but there is still no changes on the tires. It's not a big deal for now, there is still bugs to be fixed, I'm sure that's the main priority right now. The physics tweaking can come later.

This game has a lot of content and it is awesome drove Audi race car the one you get after getting super license at nurinberg monster. Unreal total fun

What a turn around. The campaign was a let down, yet now I'm doing the longer races with pit stops and dynamic time, it's great.

What would be really awesome if PD added community race events like Drive Club had. Atm you can't even save custom race settings. A shame after creating a great custom line up for an endurance race with programmed weather progression. You want to share that and find races other people enjoyed.

GT7 is a roller coaster experience. Awful first impressions, boring campaign with all static sprint races, questionable half baked missions with only a few gems in the later ones, and then its time to have fun! Loving it now despite feeling quite let down by the game just a few days ago.

custom races, I highly recommend it. Only if there are custom cups and championship with decent payout, this mode could've been perfect place for grinding credits.
Thanks. I’m on the last book now and the AI does seem to take a step forwards in race cars so more of that is good.

Where are these?
There are some in the later missions (30 minute high speed ring, 24 minute Le Mans, 20 minute Mount Panorama) and there are some longer races on the world map as well. The GT Cups can be challenging and a lot of fun. I was up until 4 AM last night trying to beat the Daytona GT Cup
Gran Turismo® 7_20220312042023.jpg

It wasn't easy. In 3 attempts the AI crashed me, spun me out. They are still on rails, keep away from their bumpers if you can, but sometimes they drive into you anyway. In one the AI took me out on the straight and then all the other cars hit me one after the other :lol: Rubber banding is there as well, in 2 other attempts the AI got the magic boost at the end and simply drove away from me. It has an element of luck, back out until there is no Supra in the race.
Gran Turismo® 7_20220312042006.jpg
The magic boost is quite comical, suddenly you see a FL pop up almost 2 seconds faster than you. I was only doing high 1:48 at best though. I don't know a thing about setups, just used the stock Lexus with customizable transmission and did the race with 1 pit stop on hard tires. For some reason the AI gains 5 seconds in the pit stop despite having less fuel left than me. (Maybe they don't change the tires, but that's not 5 seconds? It takes 25 seconds to reach the pit box btw...)

Anyway very addictive. Driving in the sunset into the night with fireworks in the last lap. And rewarding to finally beat the cheating dirty AI. Clean race bonus will be difficult on that one. The AI likes contact quite a bit.

After all who spoiled the game? Gran Turismo 7 is no longer a game for kids.

In my opinion, it seemed even lighter, in content, than the GT6. A game dedicated to collecting cars, with a very inflated cost per km.
In three, four days, the final video appeared, I collected about 2,500,000 cr., bought the GT-R Nismo and spent approximately 300,000 to equip it. I spent more on Tunning parts than I did on the car purchase.

I have drift events in bronze and few events in silver, the first time I can't get gold in every event in a Gran Turismo game.
In the missions, there are some events with a Sophy-type AI, some of which I haven't managed to reach gold yet, and if I manage to complete them, I will receive enough to equip a new car in a total of more than 400 cars.
I didn't like the slide on the track, in Rally I didn't like almost anything, despite the fact that they widened the road, the dust coming from the car in front of us, the jumps don't captivate me, and therefore I will continue to play GTSport.
I was perplexed when I entered an online room and the race didn't even give Cr. just registered km´s. Yesterday's patch 1.06 fixed this.
I keep saying that the game is not complete and above all, it seems strange to me.
Before the game came out, I read that it would be a game for us to do many, many km's and now I even believe it.

This is just another cross gen game that has left a sour taste in my mouth. I can’t help but think if they focused on PS5 then this game would have released in a much more complete state. Maybe they should have delayed it for a few more months.

I can’t wait until developers stop wasting their the resources developing for old consoles.

Last edited:
This is just another cross gen game that has left a sour taste in my mouth. I can’t help but think if they focused on PS5 then this game would have released in a much more complete state. Maybe they should have delayed it for a few more months.

I can’t wait until developers stop wasting their the resources developing for old consoles.
I got a lot of friends on PS4 and even though the online is nowhere like GTS I’m glad they can enjoy the game and we can race together! I’m personally fine with the game right now, yes it need works, with PD updating GTS I know we are going to probably get the same for GT7. Until then I’m trying to gold all these challenges.. collect these cars, tune them to their real life counterpart and build my league.

I'm done with the coffee, I can't believe that there are no more - 10 days per 200-300 km and that's it ?????
if I had known, I would not have given them 100euros to play
deeply disappointed

gt7, ma zero points-gt4 and gt 5 are the law

deeply disappointed with gt7

Last edited:
I'm done with the coffee, I can't believe that there are no more - 10 days per 200-300 km and that's it ?????
if I had known, I would not have given them 100euros to play
deeply disappointed
Why did you buy a driving a game?

The AI might be a bit faster, but I'm getting tired of the AI crashing me each time they are competitive. Sometimes they seem completely unaware of your position (other times they see you and leave room, often dramatically backing off) and simply push you out of the way. If they happen to still have a nose stuck to your rear bumper, the AI will spin you. Especially annoying on a high speed banked turn, get turned around and then hit by the rest of the field as they hardly try to avoid you. Restart race.

The rubber banding sometimes gets really silly. For example when they 'see' you and back off, or rather back out of one of their dive attempts, the AI can fall back 2 seconds... Then the next corner they're right on your behind again. Sometimes the AI speeds ahead, can't keep up in the slipstream or come speeding from behind as if you're hardly moving. PP 550 race on Tokyo was one such example with a Beetle playing yoyo with me.

In other no limit PP races I can lap the entire field lol. Btw cars about to be lapped get a blue flag but make no effort to give you room to pass or stay out of your way. They're often either oblivious of you or want to race you when they get the magic boost assigned as you pass.

The pit bug is also still there. I messed up my pit entry on Autopolis, got reset to the track. Did another lap to get into the pit correctly and when entering the pit it still reset me and didn't count my laps anymore. I ran out of fuel and quit.

I am still loving it! Did some grinding to get 3M, got the Dodge Tomahawk X, McLaren Gr.1, and Lambo Exotic go-kart looking one. Hit 358mph in the Dodge on the special X track, and love using the Lambo in the European championship for an easy 150k...so, back up to 750k after spending all my money. But still have 13 roulette cards...
I just used my Huracan for an easy win the first race in the 700 championship, left my racing-hard tires just for fun, sliding through a few of the turns..
I like the Huracan, as I got to drive one when a traveling group came through town, the driving "instructor" was hollering "brakes, brakes".…

My second impression is that there are many things missing that is usual in previous games..
When cutting the Finish, a 1st Place screen appears and you can hardly see the time of the last lap,
being necessary to see the replay, the general classification table appears at the end and it's over...

In TT, you do your best lap, record the replay or the best lap, and there's no way to download that replay...
When in contact with another, the engine sound silences for 1 second to hear a scrape between cars...

Once again a game without horns, but I'd rather have 5 megabytes of horns than 30 gigs of commentary and movies on automotive history and 2750 scapes...

Initially I was disgusted with the slides on asphalt and jumps in rally but it is manageable with a good setup.
As for earnings, forget the 99,999 miles to buy paints and rims, because in GT7 it's driving kilometers to get money (Cr.) to buy cars and parts.
The home page is still strange, which is not allusive to a car game.

Good news and equally important, in the GTSport in Fischermen Gr.B 651cv/1100kg I do 3.03, and in the GT7 with the Mitsubishi 529cv/1230kg I already do 3.00.
The Gr.B get 805hp while the GTsport only gets 651hp. The GRYaris in the GTsport 337cv and in the GT7 405cv.
And for those who like to rally the Gr.B event in Fischermen 1 lap = 75,000Cr, clean gives 97,500Cr... you can almost buy a Nitro 100,000Cr.

I've been playing the game for about a week so far, and overall, I enjoy the game.
Some cars are hard to drive (nothing that a little TCS don't fix 😅), but I think they did a good job with the driving experience.
The dynamic weather/time is beautiful.
The career mode seems like is missing stuff, it should have more events, some tracks have just one. There are no events locked behind the last 3 licenses, I mean, whats the point? Yeah, it gives you cars and helps you get better I guess, but still. Probably they will add more events in the future.
I know the chase the rabbit style has been part of the franchise, but it should have changed by now. In the custom races you can have so much fun.
I still did not try the sport mode (but I think I got to experience a little by having the AI sending me to oblivion some times).
And yes, it's really hard to get credits in the game. If the custom races had better payout it would be awesome.

Back