First in game look at "standard" cars in Granturismo 6

Do explain why.

:)
Okay, I will. :D To me, is because there lighting actually looks a lot better (despite being darken), and almost look simliar to the premiums somewhat. You can't see there detail, true, but at least there lighting seems better so far. :)

But I don't want to assume, so I'll wait till release like everybody else. 👍
 
My problem with Standard cars in Gran Turismo 5 was just how they were treated. As an analogy, I sort of likened the treatment of Standard cars compared to Premium cars much like schools in the NCAA Football games or in the college basketball games- the big schools were featured in bigger detail while everybody else just felt like filler space. GT6 will either close the gap or expand the void. One thing I DID enjoy about GT5 later on was how certain Standard cars had good or acceptable quality interiors. Most of those were open-cockpit cars like the Formula Gran Turismo and any of the LMPs. Not to be outdone were the open-air machines like the Caterham and the Suzuki GSX-R/4 among others. I just wonder what the Standards are like now. I just wish they were treated better, even if they aren't as pretty and as glamourous as the Premiums. I do feel good (or at least hopeful) about their treatment in Gran Turismo 6.
 
You'll be able to finally take them in Photo Travel now as well, so that's one good thing so far for standards. :)
 
Back to topic, Famitsu showing Standard cars on the dealership:

lockedcars-jpg.83686


:)

Looks like the 20,000,000 credit limit is gone the RSC cost 25,000,000
 
Looks like the 20,000,000 credit limit is gone the RSC cost 25,000,000
Japanese GT games have a different credit system, it's mostly based on Yen over there and as such the numbers are higher.
 
Looks like the 20,000,000 credit limit is gone the RSC cost 25,000,000
The credits in that build are like Yen, not USD.

Edit: Ninja'd by sparkytooth
 
If you can now take them to Phototravel the quality can't be too bad....I hope.
You won't be able to zoom in as much as with premium cars.
 
Tell your lady region to hush up, eat some activia, it will help you stay regular, but I think we may be able to zoom in all close like, they aren't suppose to be any different "feature wise", that would be different.
 
Have you seen the last video that has uploaded Jordan.. There, it seems that the FTO Touring car, which is standard in GT5, is "more premium" than before..

Just look at 2:07.. I think that level of modelled is grear instead of not being full premium..
 
Have you seen the last video that has uploaded Jordan.. There, it seems that the FTO Touring car, which is standard in GT5, is "more premium" than before..

Just look at 2:07.. I think that level of modelled is grear instead of not being full premium..
Wow it does look pretty damn good actually. Probably the clearest standard shot we have seen so far. Let's hope its reflected across the board;)
 
According to Schrodinger, it's both premium and standard.
:)Car quality in order from bad to good:
-Really standard
-regular standard
-premium standard(Sauber rank)
________
-standard premium
-regular premium
-omg is that real? Premium
 
:)Car quality in order from bad to good:
-Really standard
-regular standard
-premium standard(Sauber rank)
________
-standard premium
-regular premium
-omg is that real? Premium
I just like to call them either Premium or Standard. Premard, Stadandium & Co. still not having cockpit.
 
I have 3 levels of judging a car (at least in GT5).
Standard: looks like a car from the PS2 era.
Semi-Premium: Premium Car missing a proper cockpit view (FT-86 II Concept or GT-R Proto '05) or a standard car that looks very good (Bugatti Veyron 16.4, Audi R8 LMS, Jaguar XFR, & etc).
Premium: Highly detailed car models.
 
Or, Premium without modeled interiors (Semi-Premium)?

Having some (very little) experience in 3D car modeling I can say that interiors are most of the time a big pain to model, when intended to have the equivalent amount of detail that exteriors have. PD could easily cut modeling time in less than half by modeling only the exteriors. This would allow to make a larger number of Standard to at least look better on replays, and make them almost indistinguishable from Premium cars during gameplay, especially in chase view.
 
Back