First in game look at "standard" cars in Granturismo 6

I think PD should throw away all those standard cars and let them live in GT4, (where they sould be) and model them all over again, I don't care if the game has less cars (remember GT2 vs GT3), remember, quality over quantity. It's not good for them to be attached to the past GT titles in that way, same applies for the tracks that were "upgraded" to GT5/GT6. They should be focused on modelling new cars rather than adapting those 2004 model cars to the new engine, that's a waste of time. Please PD don't be that lazy!

Last edited:
I have 3 levels of judging a car (at least in GT5).
Standard: looks like a car from the PS2 era.
Semi-Premium: Premium Car missing a proper cockpit view (FT-86 II Concept or GT-R Proto '05) or a standard car that looks very good (Bugatti Veyron 16.4, Audi R8 LMS, Jaguar XFR, & etc).
Premium: Highly detailed car models.

You're wrong. If you go from lowest to highest quality there are: Standard Standards, Standard Standard Standards, Standard Premiums, Standard Standard Premiums, Standard Premium Standards, Premiums, and finally Premium Premiums. I bet PD uses this classification too!

It's a hybrid.

:nervous:

From looking at the blurry screenshots and trailer video it's obvious it's a Standard Premium Standard. Obviously PD made grave errors in their car list, or they are trying to surprise us! The fact that it says the car list is "subject to change" is not just a legal disclaimer, but a promise! Look at the trailer for more hidden Standard Premium Standards! Trailers are usually accurate representations of actual gameplay! PD doesn't give a lot of info, apart from their flawed car list, but we are too smart, and will figure out which cars are Standard Standard Standars, and which cars are Standard Premium Standars!

Last edited:
You're wrong. If you go from lowest to highest quality there are: Standard Standards, Standard Standard Standards, Standard Premiums, Standard Standard Premiums, Standard Premium Standards, Premiums, and finally Premium Premiums. PD uses this classification too!

I'm sorry, I just don't think it's funny.

Last edited:
Woah, calm down there with the "standard" nonsense first of all. 2nd, you can't say that I'm wrong about that at all. That's my own personal classification of the quality of the cars in GT5 and nothing more. Plus, I was just going along with what everyone else was doing in the thread; saying how they personally classify the car models.

You also have no proof that PD even uses that classification.
You do realize he's joking right?:sly:

Way to complicate something simple, GTP. :ouch:

Simple way it goes, confirmed thru an industry insider:

It goes from the lowest of the high quality to the highest of the low quality and the reciprocal of each car's molecular configuration i.e. Linear-Polycosmic-rendered standardly standard standard standard, standardized standard for all standards, standard standard, premiumly-standard standard, standard times 10 to the negative 2.178e+ln(cos42 of Ɵ*)th power, standardly standard for standard premiums, standard premiums, -4/3π times the quotient of 4! divided by the reciprocal of Kazunori Yamauchi's nasal angle compared to his forehead, premiumly standard premiums, premiums, premium premiums, premiumly modeled polar covalent diamonds per wall, and so on.

*Ɵ being the wholesomely factored value of the number of visible angles in wheel arches divided by the number of pixels in each tail light (must be less than 10)

Simple. :dunce:

It goes from the lowest of the high quality to the highest of the low quality and the reciprocal of each car's molecular configuration i.e. Linear-Polycosmic-rendered standardly standard standard standard, standardized standard for all standards, standard standard, premiumly-standard standard, standard times 10 to the negative 2.178e+ln(cos42 of Ɵ*)th power, standardly standard for standard premiums, standard premiums, -4/3π times the quotient of 4! divided by the reciprocal of Kazunori Yamauchi's nasal angle compared to his forehead, premiumly standard premiums, premiums, premium premiums, premiumly modeled polar covalent diamonds per wall, and so on.

*Ɵ being the wholesomely factored value of the number of visible angles in wheel arches divided by the number of pixels in each tail light (must be less than 10)

I lost it at molecular. :lol:

Wat. :boggled:

I think my brain just broke.

NO, chill out

I wasn't expecting any differences with Standards from gt5 to gt6, very nice to see that PD have actually worked on at least some of them.

premium exteriors, but without interiors, or simple interiors = save a lot of time modelling!
Or do it in two stages, exterior first for those who can't get over how the cars look and add the interiors at as a later update. I can care less as I will still drive every car I can get my mitts on as I am more interested in tuning and driving cars and their looks come after I kick them around courses. Performance over looks, that said I hope that all cars can get aero upgrades. Tired of having cars that would be just a hint better if it were for aero to help them with braking and high speed cornering.

Edit
Anyone else notice in the OP the updated photos, check out that track surface in photo with Silvia omg that looks so delicious, the detail is impressive.

Or do it in two stages, exterior first for those who can't get over how the cars look and add the interiors at as a later update. I can care less as I will still drive every car I can get my mitts on as I am more interested in tuning and driving cars and their looks come after I kick them around courses. Performance over looks, that said I hope that all cars can get aero upgrades. Tired of having cars that would be just a hint better if it were for aero to help them with braking and high speed cornering.

Edit
Anyone else notice in the OP the updated photos, check out that track surface in photo with Silvia omg that looks so delicious, the detail is impressive.
I agree.. PD should have modeled the exteriors premium quality for as many cars as they could, once they did this then go around adding cockpits.. Its not like cockpits are required.

I agree.. PD should have modeled the exteriors premium quality for as many cars as they could, once they did this then go around adding cockpits.. Its not like cockpits are required.
Honestly at first I was intrigued by cockpits in GT5 but after playing for extended periods of time I prefered the darkened out black standard versions because I only wanted the view point and not the other bells and whistles. If they had a hood view I'd never use the interior cam. I am not partial since I just love tuning cars and driving them, I wonder if we get to use the 7 pot suspension system from K&W or the wind tunnel to maximize aero settings. This game has me stoked for all sorts of reasons which is the one reason I enjoy GT. They have updated the GT official site once again and seems a few photos were changed, hmm.... This game is really taking it's sweet time to make it to Dec 6th.
I hope GTP has the GT6 changes and fixes for the game thread ready because we need to let PD know immediately what needs work and what needs to be added. I am going to critique this one harder because I sure hope it helps mold GT7 into one supreme product.

11104629016_cbd0d1e47d_o.jpg

There we have it gentlemen; start your discussions!
I think they just smoothed it out a tiny bit but it's basically the same PS2 model although more acceptable i suppose...

You can also see that the cockpit view will be the same damn peephole 👎

11104629016_cbd0d1e47d_o.jpg

There we have it gentlemen; start your discussions!
I think they just smoothed it out a tiny bit but it's basically the same PS2 model although more acceptable i suppose...

You can also see that the cockpit view will be the same damn peephole 👎
For what its worth though, that was one of the better looking standards in gt5 anyways. Wheel arches look relatively smooth

Back