Fisker Is Back From the Dead With the Electric EMotion

129k? You wonder why Fisker went out of business in the first place. It's as if nobody in the modern industry has learned from Henry Ford and Ferdinand Porsche philosophies.

I guess spending some five years trying to stuff LS crate engines into the last few aging Karma frames and sell them at a markup wasn't working out, huh? Shocking.

I doubt many of these will sell either since the base cost is almost $20k more expensive than a Model S P90D, and the automotive press will probably be happy to remind everyone of the huge waste of taxpayer money the previous incarnation of the company ended up being. And even worse, remind everyone that Justin Beiber had a chrome-wrapped Karma. Ewww.

Oh well, maybe the autonomous shuttle Fisker's building with that Chinese company will do well enough th-

Fisker-Orbit-Autonomous-Shuttle-Street-Hakim-Unique-Group-1500x850-800x420.jpg

...oh. :ill:

129k? You wonder why Fisker went out of business in the first place. It's as if nobody in the modern industry has learned from Henry Ford and Ferdinand Porsche philosophies.

It's in the ballpark of a similarly equipped Model S 100D with all the autonomous stuff that isn't as advanced as the Fisker. So it's priced about right.

I hope it does better than the last one.

I liked the Karma, and there's one in my area I'm always happy to see, but it just didn't catch on. The Model S is incredibly popular in Toronto, but I don't know if the market is big enough to support both.

Meh, with such a bloated designs and overpriced pricetags I think it shouldn't come back, it deserved to stay dead, specially after wasting tax payers money for nothing...

When it comes to EVs, I'll stick with Tesla, at least they know how to make electric cars that doesn't look like toys made by 5 years olds.

The Karma looks better but I think this might be a better car. Assuming Fisker doesn't go down the drain again.

Attachments

• 010215_motor_tesla_fire.vresize.1200.675.high.63.jpg
    010215_motor_tesla_fire.vresize.1200.675.high.63.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 1810132bf279d7bmed.jpg
    1810132bf279d7bmed.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 25
  • ku-bigpic.jpg
    ku-bigpic.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 25
  • tesla-model-s-3rd-fire.jpg
    tesla-model-s-3rd-fire.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 25
  • tesla-model-s-fire.jpg
    tesla-model-s-fire.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Tesla-Model-S-fire-car-crash-motorway-868374.jpg
    Tesla-Model-S-fire-car-crash-motorway-868374.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 27
The Tesla fire thing is blown way out of proportion.

Its inability to actually produce cars, on the other hand, isn't. Musk seems more interested in playing Rocket Man instead of delivering Model 3's.

Its inability to actually produce cars, on the other hand, isn't. Musk seems more interested in playing Rocket Man instead of delivering Model 3's.

To be fair to Musk, playing rocket man is more profitable for him (or, put another way, burns through cash slower).

To be fair to Musk, playing rocket man is more profitable for him (or, put another way, burns through cash slower).

True, but I'm sure all the investors that bought into Tesla aren't super happy about it. As far as I know, SpaceX is still a private company.

Although I guess I can't be too mad, I made a mint off Tesla stock last year.

It's in the ballpark of a similarly equipped Model S 100D with all the autonomous stuff that isn't as advanced as the Fisker. So it's priced about right.
I'm not familiar with the cost of the assembly for this particular car, so I can't objectively say it is. Subjectively, I don't personally agree with the pricing. I think it's over-priced for a sports EV compact with little noteworthy qualities.

Autonomous cars...pointless its a dead end can't be done like AI its hemmed in by the idiocy of humanity. Why would anyone want a self driving car? Get onto futuristic mass transit and save the planet. All these weird car concepts are ridiculous as they are all car based if you know what I mean. Still huge waste of resources that are finite. This is why companies go out of business... no market for their product and price ha ha ha

Back