FITT American Classics Shootout - Winners announced! Congrats NEWDRIVER2 and Motor City Hami!

@biffa3 Excellent work my friend! Those wondering how to post your results please take a look at biffa's post. That is a great way to do it.

I'll add your times to the spreadsheet momentarily. Time to see how well the split screen works in practice on my Note 3. :sly:

jtqmopar
Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
All specs equal to posted tune, no problems recreating the tune.

Best Lap Time: 1:38.819
Driver Score: 4
Notes:
Ok accuracy and response on turn in, as long as I don't enter too fast, which unfortunately is very easy to do. Very sloppy feel from the wheel after the first movement, the front felt like it floated.
It's easy to over throttle on exit.
Braking distance is OK.
Because of the corner-straight-corner nature of the track each corner follows the same procedure. There isn't a complex on the track, just isolated corners.
After a few laps the cornering procedure looks like this:
1) Brake just a little late, but try to judge on the side of caution due to understeer induced by correction inputs. Entering too hot will red out the tyres and then you're in the kitty litter.
2) On tight corners try to induce as much rotation as I can through brake lift off. On corners that don't have a middle, I still need to induce situational oversteer on entry to keep the cars movement on its suspension consistent for throttling out. The extremely slow nature of this cars steering without brake lift off, or at least some movement to induce the front to go inward, makes it very hard to turn without using the brake/throttle.
3) On tight corners throttle up enough to keep the rotation movement till the exit input is needed. On corners that don't have a middle, skip this.
4) Make a slight throttle lift off and reapply input to give the car a slightly in pointing like line for corner exit. Apply the throttle smoothly and don't overpower the tyres.
2.5) Do not try to correct the middle of a corner with steering, it's too slow to transfer the inputs to car movements. Make all line corrections through throttle application.
4.5) On exit apply corrections through steering, not throttle. Keep the throttle application smooth and consistent, steering inputs at this point can be very aggressive.
Not a car I would race with online, and I would probably grow very frustrated with anyone who tried. My lap times were horribly inconsistent. Correcting the car from an entry that is anything over slightly too fast or too slow and I blow my line so far that I'm losing 5 seconds per corner. For the middle of the corner, if I can't induce oversteer through brake lift off, I again lose my line so far that I lose seconds trying to get the cars body to move into a useful position. Corner exit is the easiest part of the corner. Probably since I pretty much am near a stand still and straight before I can get on the throttle in a useful way.
Under steer is present at all times, pre-entry is a must at all parts of a corner.
I name this car "Monza."

Motor City Hami

Best Lap Time: 1:38.572
Driver Score: 7
Notes:
Ahhhhh, much smoother. Good braking distance. Brake lift off isn't a must, in fact a lot of times its a hindrance and I avoid hard braking at the end my braking zone.
The car likes to rotate. I have to keep my braking early so I can balance the cars weight before turn in on most corners. Correcting my line at any part of the corner (unless I went in way too hot) is easy and doesn't throw me off line. I have to be careful on the throttle at all times in a corner, it is easy to overpower the rear tyres and much easier to ruin its balance.
Even with the weight balanced there is a lot of under steer that is countered only by more oversteer from the rear to help rotation. Finding and keeping the fine point of balance between throttling out and keeping a good line is hard. Once I obtain that point the cars weight movement keeps moving past it and I struggle to find it again, and by that time I'm already off my line too far or out of the corner. Working with the fluid nature of the cars weight movement is best, don't try to seek that point of balance but accept that it can't be held and use the movement to your advantage. The cars weight doesn't feel floaty, there is good feedback from the wheel, it just takes awhile for the inputs to settle.
On a couple of laps I was up by .250 seconds on my Best Lap Time. But my times/line were inconsistent and I couldn't keep ahead.

NEWDRIVER2
Oil change and car wash per posted tune.
Aero Kit: Type A removed

Best Lap Time: 1:38.520
Driver Score: 8
Notes:
To brake lift off rotate or not to brake lift off? If that's the question then the answer is: Only on sharp corners.
Again its easy to go into corners too hot and understeer far off my line. Learning the correct braking points is very important. Getting a good time with this car (not just this tune) on this track feels very formulaic.
Once I got the braking points using the brake lift off to rotate became easier and useful.
The throttle is useful for line control from mid corner on but it is less sensitive and less likely to overpower the rear tyres than the previous tunes for this car.
Braking early and using the throttle to rotate the car from the entrance on is probably faster than brake loft off rotation, but its harder to initiate rotation on sharper corners without BLOR.
More consistent than the two previous versions, my laps were still often over a second apart.

XDesperado67
Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 '67

Best Lap Time: 1:38.899
Driver Score: 5
Notes:
"My grandma and your grandma, sitting 'round a rebuild.
My grandma said to your grandma 'Gonna light your tyres on fire.'
Talking 'bout racing, racing, on Laguna Seca."
Chasing a ghost of a boat gives one too much time to go all Weird Al.
Brake lift off is useful on the sharpest corners but I avoid it the rest of the time. In fact on most corners my biggest problem is getting the car to rotate, but not too much. It REALLY wants to rotate on brake lift off. If I can avoid that than I need to worry about the rear end fishtailing on exit.
Corners feel twice as long as I want them to be. I need to brake very early and gently and slowly feed the brakes, then lift off gently and early. I avoid steering input till the braking weight movement is completely finished. Then I feed the throttle gently, hopefully not feeding too much as the weight moves to the outside of the continent, I mean car. Corrections at this point aren't really possible, they will take too long to arrive at the tyres and will only create a fishtailing movement.
I had many laps where I was at least half a second up on my best time but I wasn't able to keep it. My times were horribly inconsistent.

ugabugaz
Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 '67
Reverted to standard sized wheels, removed custom bodyfingers).

Best Lap Time: 1:39.786
Driver Score: 4
Notes:
Pretty much no equality of grip or slip at any point of the corner. If I ever reach a point of balance between the rear and the front it's by accident.
The cornering procedure looks like a combo between Desperatos' and jtqmopar. Brake very early. Avoid BLOR, either I get under steer that throws me off corner or the back end swings round. The braking isn't as sensitive as Desperados' but still must be done early, and its weight shift completely settled before I can even look at the steering wheel.
Give it 5% gas. Less makes the rear too lite, more overpowers the rear tyres. Hold the gas there till I'm completely out of the corner. Turn in gently and early. Blow the fog horn to let the smaller cars know your comin', perhaps make a nice cup o' tea and biscuits (make sure they have time to cool down, don't want to burn your fingers). Unwind early and wait for the weight to settle completely (have another cup of tea) before you attempt to apply the throttle.
I feel lucky to have gotten the time I did with this car. Every corner is a crap shoot: "Will I understeer massively on entrance?" Tumble, tumble. "Will the rear swing round?" Tumble tumble. I don't think putting 200 laps in on this car would improve my ability to drive it one whit.

krenkme
Plymouth Superbird '70

Best Lap Time: 1:41.464
Driver Score: 6
Notes:
Brake very early. BLOR is fairly easy to avoid and is unneeded. I try to complete my braking completely and get on the gas just a little before I begin turn in. Once the car settles at or just before mid corner I can begin to throttle up, gently. My biggest problem is overpowering the rear tyres on exit.
Slow. Good stability.

DaBomm4
Plymouth Superbird '70

Best Lap Time: 1:41.600
Notes:
Tamed. Well balanced. Both braking and throttling do not unbalance the car unduly, unless I want to.
My times were very consistent, but trying to push the car to be quicker without pushing off my line.
Its easy to correct the car at any part of a corner. The weight transfers feel very synchronized and reactive.

Theo777
Chevrolet Nova SS '70

Best Lap Time: 1:40.432
Driver Score: 5
Notes:
Do not, I repeat, Do Not! Use the brakes and the steering wheel at the same time. Instant disco.
If you can survive the entrance the rest of the corner is fairly easy.
Brake early and throttle steadily through. Do not try to rotate the car with the throttle. Discothèque!
While it was possible to avoid the mirror ball lap after lap, and my times were fairly consistent, this is mostly due to the fact that whenever I did try to push past what felt like a crawl: Bee Gees.

DolHaus
Chevrolet Nova SS '70
Couldn't reach the posted gear ratios. Contacted DolHaus and set the Fully Custom Tanny to 143mph standard setup. All else equal to posted tune.

Best Lap Time: 1:38.963
Notes:
OK braking distance but good control under braking. BLOR can bite if I go wild but I can push a little and use it on the tighter corners without too much worry, and I got what is probably the first smile I've had since testing these waiting-to-be-recycled-pieces-of-@#$%& (the cars, not the tunes).
The transition from braking to throttle was smooth and the car rolled out of the corners nicely under throttle.
My lap times were very consistent and each lap I gained confidence and time.
There's a lot of under steer on entrance and exit, but its easy to predict and easy to counter (somewhat) with even more oversteer (very stable oversteer) on exit.

BlueShift
Shelby GT350 '65

Best Lap Time: 1:38.914
Notes:
Very good braking distance and good control under braking. The problems start when I start to apply the throttle. The steering feedback gets very vague under throttle and it's very easy to overpower the rear tyres on exit. Finding a good balance on the throttle from entrance through mid through corner end is very difficult. The front and rear feel very out of sync.
The car likes to continue rotation at the end of a corner and fishtailing is a problem.

PKS 80
Shelby GT350R '65
Transmission setting is in KPH, not MPH, I'm going to guess what it's supposed to be. Besides that no problems with matching the tune.

Best Lap Time: 1:38.567
Notes:
Heavy understeer under braking. Braking distance is long.
It's easy to overpower the rear tyres on exit. When it does happen it's nearly impossible to catch it and continue.
The cornering procedure looms familiar:
1) Brake early and completely in a straight line, lift off the brake gently.
2) Give it a little throttle, gently, before you begin turn in. Turn in early with pre entry to compensate for under steer.
3) Coast through the corner, if you deal daring up the throttle.
4) At corner exit, after the weight has completely settled, smoothly and gently increase the throttle.
If I do anything other than these actions at these times I either understeer off course or spinout. My laps are consistent only when I'm driving like my grandmother. If I drive faster than she would there's a high probability that I'm gonna spin out, getting a complete fast lap is like a crap shoot (see above).
Its unfortunate that putting more laps on this car wouldn't make me any faster. A little more control (balance) and it would kill.

JackWilson
Dodge Challenger R/T '70

Best Lap Time: 1:39.308
Notes:
Good braking distance, ok braking stability.
The rear will swing round easily on corner exit, but that has much more to do with turning angle than throttle. Throttle up all you want it won't disturb the car. Turn more than 15° and pull out your camera for a panning picture, you'll get all 360°.
My laps were 50/50. 50% of the time I lost my lap due to spinning out. 50% of my laps I beat my previous time.
Many, many laps of practice would net me a good control of the car. But, like every other car I've tried in this shootout, I wouldn't want to race it online.

Voodoovaj
Dodge Challenger R/T '70
Transmission setting is in KPH, not MPH. No matter what I set the top speed I can't reach his gear numbers. I'm waiting on a reply...
Setting final drive to 2.000 first then 330kph.
Besides that no problems with matching the tune.

Best Lap Time: 1:39.210
Notes:
Very good, almost fantastic, braking distance and stability under braking. BLOR is a tool that is useful on tight corners but I don't have to worry about it the rest of the time. Corner entry is rarely a worry. Understeer is predictable and my accuracy is high.
The car is well balanced mid corner and rotation is stable.
Corner exit is where I have trouble, if you can call it that. Shifting correctly is difficult till I get used to the strange gear spacing. The cars stability holds true on corner exit. I only have trouble on cambered corners when what would be acceptable slip on another corner turns into I painful lesson on Neutonian laws.
No problem overpowering the rear tyres. I might get better times and get better feel/response from a less constrained engine. But what do I know, I'm Clueless. The LSD might be perfect and just a slight loosening might make the car like any other I've tested for this shootout.
My laps were consistent and mostly error free. My times got progressively better.

Snake55wildcat
Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67
I had to get an oil change to match the posted tune, this wasn't listed in the tune. Other than that no problems recreating the tune.

Best Lap Time: 1:38.766
Notes:
Very good braking distance and the best brake feel I've gotten in GT6.
I can brake deeper into the corners without worrying too much about BLOR making me dizzy.
There's a good feel from the wheel at all parts of a corner, the car never feels floaty or suddenly heavy or lite.
There is an ok balance to the car, but I would like the balanced range to be broader. It's still easy to screw up the mid corner through corner end with too much steering or throttle. It's very hard to recover from a screw up and it always ruins my laps.

Otaliema
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69

Best Lap Time: 1:38.106
Notes:
Ok braking distance and very good braking stability.
It's possible to use BLOR on the tighter corners and just and easily avoided.
Unfortunately its easy to enter too fast and correcting from a hot entry is very difficult.
After entry the car has a good feel and balance. Its possible to overpower the rear tyres on exit, but its easy to avoid this.
The rear does have a bit of a tendency to want to continue rotation after corner exit if I rotate too much at mid corner.

demonchilde
Chevrolet Camaro SS '69

Best Lap Time: 1:39.608
Notes:
Braking distance is so-so. Braking stability is ok. BLOR is hard to initiate, there is so much under steer the best thing to do is slow down enough that there is no slip. That is what slows this car the most.
Mid corner is stable for the most part and corner exit feels like a continuation of the mid corner. Feel is good from the wheel but that doesn't help catch an error. Its all good till it's not.

@Ronald6 thanks for the review.👍👍
Happy with your time and with the Weird Al going have to wonder if the car got you drinking the Quervo Gold before or after finishing your laps in it!:lol:

Must say that I think maybe these cars needed to be on SM tires accept those into S&M.:crazy:

In no specific order.

Super Group

Praiano63
Ford Mustang Mach 1 - 1:37.297
DC - 9

I know you weren't happy about the brakes, so I won't mention them, other than they seemed okay, just the braking distance felt slightly longer is all. The car was great even with 1 1 brakes. Turn-in didn't feel as sharp as I was expecting, and overall slightly sluggish coming out of the corners with occasional rear outside tire wheelspin, but it was minor and only when I floored it too quickly.

Ugabugaz
Ford Mustang Mach 1 - 1:37.315
DC - 9.5

Sharper turn-in than praiano's, slight power oversteer on occasion coming out of the corners, which xande's didn't have. But a very good tune.

xande1959
Ford Mustang Mach 1 - 1:37.854
DC - 10

A perfect tune, just felt so good, but it couldn't keep up laptime wise with the other two Mach 1's.

JackWilson
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 1:36.118
DC - 10

A very nice tune, and I got a very nice time. Lovely brake release oversteer makes this car turn in really nicely and it just feels really great.

ACSR421
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 1:36.013
DC - 10

Another fabulous tune - maybe it's just the car, but really different feel from Jack's tune, no brake release oversteer, but it was ever so slightly faster nonetheless. I'd say they were both pretty equal for DC, but this one edged it on time.

BlueShift
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) - 1:38.293
DC - 7

Some really bad oversteer when the car is unsettled and on throttle. This is not just on corner exit, but on the off-camber sections of the track like just after the corkscrew, and first corner of sector 2 (I don't know the names of the corners on this track). Otherwise it feels pretty good, just 5th gear is way too long and feels ineffective as well as sounding terrible.

iainoflo85
Ford GT40 Mk 1 - 1:35.629
DC - 8

This car is set up exactly how I like, so it's not surprising I can go really fast in it. There is some slight understeer on the sweeper after the corkscrew, but I found if I lifted a little it smoothed out. Faster time than I got when I was tuning, so I guess doing laps in the other cars first has given me lots more track knowledge than I expected.
Or maybe 1.04 has just made my tune better?

MrGrado
Ford GT40 Mk 1 - 1:35.182
DC - 9

A very nice tune, very fast - faster than mine, feels really solid - only problem is it can sometimes break loose coming out of the corkscrew, the off-camber section there right after can unsettle it really bad sometimes, but this is the only fault. I could easily have got down to a 34 sec lap but I feel it's not necessary.

Motor City Hami
Ford GT40 Mk 1 - 1:33.958
DC - 10 (Really 12 but nevermind)

This is the best tune by a long shot. It really handles so beautifully and it just loves to be pushed hard and fast and it won't bite back at all. I couldn't believe the laptime and just how great it felt to drive, seriously this is a definite winner for me. Well done MCH.

Otaliema
Ford GT40 Mk 1 - 1:36.234
DC - 6

Very unstable through most corners, not throttle induced, but just general weight transfer on the off-camber sections causing oversteer and instability. Not entirely confident in this car at all, but after a few laps I could manage to get it down from 37 to 36 after getting used to the balance. Still not a contender though.

donpost
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am - 1:38.511
DC - 7

Understeer and the really close gears were what slowed this car down. A bit of power oversteer tried to make things worse, but really the only major issue is the understeer, and I think the really close gearing helped make this worse.

Standard Group

Theo777
Chevrolet Nova SS - 1:41.726
DC - 3

What can I say that my time and DC doesn't already. It was hard to drive at all, let alone drive fast and loose. I battled with understeer then oversteer, braking was difficult - many times I went off before the corkscrew because of instability whilst braking.

DolHaus
Chevrolet Nova SS - 1:40.356
DC - 7

A very pleasant surprise after Theo's Nova. I must say I'm actually impressed with what you've done with it, I couldn't get it to work at all, and it seems Theo struggled too. The suspension was spot on, LSD felt right, but brakes and transmission were the biggest loss of DC. The gearing was just weird. Braking just a smidgen too late and the car would let go, this might be useful but with the understeer that followed on exit (especially the first corner) it made sliding pointless.
Would definitely keep this tune on the car, but I'm doing my own gears.

jtqmopar
Plymouth AAR Cuda 430 Six Barrel - 1:40.068
DC - 8

If it wasn't for the understeer under braking and power oversteer on exit this would be a 10 pointer because it did feel really good, except when braking and when exiting the corners if I was just a bit too heavy footed. Though the oversteer did help bring the rear round on the first corner if it understeered.

Motor City Hami
Plymouth AAR Cuda 430 Six Barrel - 1:39.647
DC - 9

Pretty similar handling car to jtq's but without the understeer and slightly less problematic power oversteer on exit. Still not quite perfect, but very nice nonetheless.

NEWDRIVER2
Plymouth AAR Cuda 430 Six Barrel - 1:39.453
DC - 10

Best Cuda period. Exactly how I like my cars to be. A little bit loose, but not too loose, and absolutely no understeer in this one, and no power oversteer on exit either. Perfect mixture of fast in and fast out with this one. I love it.

Krenkme
Plymouth Superbird - 1:41.260
DC - 6

This is the best I could do. The car just feels so heavy - more like a fat turkey ready for Christmas than a "Superbird" because it understeers so much. I tried quite a few laps to get it down to 1:41.

DaBomm4
Plymouth Superbird - 1:43.222
DC - 5

This is another fat turkey, but a fatter turkey. As above, but the understeer was far worse.

XDesperado67
Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 - 1:39.495
DC - 8

Requires very delicate throttle coming out of corners, and it doesn't tolerate late braking, but once these quirks have been defined the car can really go quite nicely. And is actually competitive on time, but it's not a tune I would use a lot because I find it hard to push.

Uguabugaz
Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 - 1:39.766
DC - 7

Though it was a bit faster in some stages of the track than Desperado's tune, because it didn't require as delicate throttle control, it was slower due to understeer and really bad brake release oversteer which threw me the first 5 full laps - I thought I was doing something wrong, but then I realised.

JackWilson
Dodge Challenger R/T - 1:38.432
DC - 10

Well I can't fault the car, it's really fast. Apart from a tiny bit of typical muscle car understeer the tune is fantastic. It's the fastest of this grouping yet.

Voodoovaj
Dodge Challenger R/T - 1:39.639
DC - 8

Not as fast as Jack's, really weird transmission setup which resulted in some pretty space age engine sounds - don't know if it was a glitch or what. Setup felt pretty neutral, no surprises just nothing special either.

demonchilde
Chevrolet Camaro SS - 1:39.364
DC - 8

Was a nice car, some unexpected brake release oversteer on occasion but not all the time, sometimes oversteered on exit, but nothing too major and it sometimes understeered in the low speed corners - tune felt pretty good otherwise.

Snake55wildcat
Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 1:39.147
DC - 9

Again, not a bad tune at all, some understeer again, some oversteer on exit and intolerance towards late braking, but that wing, yuck.

BlueShift
Shelby GT350 - 1:38.734
DC - 9

A very fast and nice car, very stable but only when I'm gentle on the throttle coming out of the corners, other than this it can be pushed quite far. I'm very impressed with the time, I wasn't expecting it to be this fast, but if it weren't for the need for a light foot then it would be much faster still.

PKS 80
Shelby GT350R - 1:38.431
DC - 10

Not a lot I can say really other than - I love it, go Shelby! Woohoo. You get the idea. It's a great tune, and resulted in a great time.

Otaliema
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) - 1:38.411
DC - 9

A very good tune, but it seems like the chassis rigidizing (or whatever you call it) has just made it understeer more than it should. Brakes also felt a bit lacking, but I can't put my finger on why because the lap time proved otherwise. Definite fastest of this group, or I'm just a lot faster round Laguna Seca than when I started the shootout.

Last edited:
Results are linked at the front. Can't get to the spreadsheet at work so I'll update that later. @biffa3 let me know when you add @demonchilde 's results so I can update that as well. May have to go back to the drawing board on my position code. Doesn't seem to be working but maybe that's the missing result doing that.

@DigitalBaka, results post updated with @demonchilde's time. Here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-results-by-feb-9.296396/page-11#post-9288738

I also re ran @Theo777's submission, as a warm up, for 5 laps, just to make sure i'd not done anything wrong seeing as the other two to post results have struggled. Ran without the rear wing and times were within .2 of my quickest from the original test. No idea why it suited me more than the others!!

Also, I think @Ronald6 has schooled everybody with his reviews. Good stuff.

Good to see some fairly close times too. Now onto the Super group.

My results will go here.
In no specific order.

Super Group

Praiano63
DC - 9

I know you weren't happy about the brakes, so I won't mention them, other than they seemed okay, just the braking distance felt slightly longer is all. The car was great even with 1 1 brakes. Turn-in didn't feel as sharp as I was expecting, and overall slightly sluggish coming out of the corners with occasional rear outside tire wheelspin, but it was minor and only when I floored it too quickly.

Ugabugaz
DC - 9.5

Sharper turn-in than praiano's, slight power oversteer on occasion coming out of the corners, which xande's didn't have. But a very good tune.

xande1959
DC - 10

A perfect tune, just felt so good, but it couldn't keep up laptime wise with the other two Mach 1's.

JackWilson
DC - 10

A very nice tune, and I got a very nice time. Lovely brake release oversteer makes this car turn in really nicely and it just feels really great.

ACSR421
DC - 10

Another fabulous tune - maybe it's just the car, but really different feel from Jack's tune, no brake release oversteer, but it was ever so slightly faster nonetheless. I'd say they were both pretty equal for DC, but this one edged it on time.

BlueShift
DC - 7

Some really bad oversteer when the car is unsettled and on throttle. This is not just on corner exit, but on the off-camber sections of the track like just after the corkscrew, and first corner of sector 2 (I don't know the names of the corners on this track). Otherwise it feels pretty good, just 5th gear is way too long and feels ineffective as well as sounding terrible.

iainoflo85
DC - ?

This car is set up exactly how I like, so it's not surprising I can go really fast in it. There is some slight understeer on the sweeper after the corkscrew, but I found if I lifted a little it smoothed out. Faster time than I got when I was tuning, so I guess doing laps in the other cars first has given me lots more track knowledge than I expected.

MrGrado
DC - 9

A very nice tune, very fast - faster than mine, feels really solid - only problem is it can sometimes break loose coming out of the corkscrew, the off-camber section there right after can unsettle it really bad sometimes, but this is the only fault. I could easily have got down to a 34 sec lap but I feel it's not necessary.
Standard Group

Theo777
DC - 3

What can I say that my time and DC doesn't already. It was hard to drive at all, let alone drive fast and loose. I battled with understeer then oversteer, braking was difficult - many times I went off before the corkscrew because of instability whilst braking.

DolHaus
DC - 7

A very pleasant surprise after Theo's Nova. I must say I'm actually impressed with what you've done with it, I couldn't get it to work at all, and it seems Theo struggled too. The suspension was spot on, LSD felt right, but brakes and transmission were the biggest loss of DC. The gearing was just weird. Braking just a smidgen too late and the car would let go, this might be useful but with the understeer that followed on exit (especially the first corner) it made sliding pointless.

jtqmopar
DC - 8

If it wasn't for the understeer under braking and power oversteer on exit this would be a 10 pointer because it did feel really good, except when braking and when exiting the corners if I was just a bit too heavy footed. Though the oversteer did help bring the rear round on the first corner if it understeered.

Motor City Hami
DC - 9

Pretty similar handling car to jtq's but without the understeer and slightly less problematic power oversteer on exit. Still not quite perfect, but very nice nonetheless.

NEWDRIVER2
DC - 10

Best Cuda period. Exactly how I like my cars to be. A little bit loose, but not too loose, and absolutely no understeer in this one, and no power oversteer on exit either. Perfect mixture of fast in and fast out with this one. I love it.

You appear to have missed my tune out! Was it that bad? :lol:

My results will go here.
In no specific order.

Super Group

Praiano63
DC - 9

Ugabugaz
DC - 9.5

xande1959
DC - 10

JackWilson
DC - 10

ACSR421
DC - 10

BlueShift
DC - 7

iainoflo85
DC - 8

MrGrado
DC - 9

Motor City Hami
Ford GT40 Mk 1 - 1:33.958
DC - 10 (Really 12 but nevermind)

This is the best tune by a long shot. It really handles so beautifully and it just loves to be pushed hard and fast and it won't bite back at all. I couldn't believe the laptime and just how great it felt to drive, seriously this is a definite winner for me. Well done MCH.

Otaliema
Ford GT40 Mk 1 - 1:36.234
DC - 6

Very unstable through most corners, not throttle induced, but just general weight transfer on the off-camber sections causing oversteer and instability. Not entirely confident in this car at all, but after a few laps I could manage to get it down from 37 to 36 after getting used to the balance. Still not a contender though.

Standard Group

Theo777
DC - 3

DolHaus
DC - 7

jtqmopar
DC - 8

Motor City Hami
DC - 9

NEWDRIVER2
DC - 10

- tuners have much to applaud you guys testers the ability to observe any misplaced screw you guys contribute much to the fitt success. congratulation:bowdown::cheers::gtpflag:

Great feedback so far from the testers so far I hope ya'll are having as much driving them as we had tuning them :)

If I can say something to defend my car, the 5th is not set too long, it's set so gearing make torque grow on the exact slopes... That's why you feel the 5th is too long. And why you say growling is bad sounding ? She grrrRRROWLss :) Anyway you've got better times than me tuning :)
For the second car, if you felt oversteer there, I'm quite worry :)

DolHaus
Chevrolet Nova SS '70
Couldn't reach the posted gear ratios. Contacted DolHaus and set the Fully Custom Tanny to 143mph standard setup. All else equal to posted tune.

Best Lap Time: 1:38.963
Notes:
OK braking distance but good control under braking. BLOR can bite if I go wild but I can push a little and use it on the tighter corners without too much worry, and I got what is probably the first smile I've had since testing these waiting-to-be-recycled-pieces-of-@#$%& (the cars, not the tunes).
The transition from braking to throttle was smooth and the car rolled out of the corners nicely under throttle.
My lap times were very consistent and each lap I gained confidence and time.
There's a lot of under steer on entrance and exit, but its easy to predict and easy to counter (somewhat) with even more oversteer (very stable oversteer) on exit.

Thank you for taking the time to test my car
Just a quick question though, what does BLOR mean?

Thanks for the test. iainoflo85 This is what i was expecting . Of course that the braking distance as you say is longer... But not a few. My car have only 70% of his braking power. Turn in also is prejudicated because trail braking even light is impossible now.
On a track like this with 4 very important strong braking points , this is almost 1 second or more on a lap.
So, i have to be happy with my results. Could be a lot worst.
For the outside rear whel spinning a few out corner, this is the good way to be more agressive on a fast lap and take out any existant understeer with the help of the throttle control. Like you say, it´s very light and easy to control. This was my goal.
Great ,thanks again, let´s wait for te rest of the test.
Congrats to the testers.

For the rest nothing change but brakes change a lot .

I don´t want to update any tune. My BB 1/1 is not braking at all and on this track it represent a lot of time. I don´t see any problem if testers don´t have to drive again because of this.
I will not present any tune prejudicated by an update. If PD would have change all the physics , we would have to do another shootout. In this case, it´s only brakes.
Well changing brake balance changed front-rear weigth transit speeds too. People who made oversteering cars like me trying to get this under control have a huge problem now...
There was rules and I stopped tuning and updating at 23:59...

I feel like you quite cheated by PD atm. They should release a changelog so we can see instead of relying on feelings about changes in an unperfect physic model to a v1.04 of an unperfect physic model (camber, for the most probant exemple).

Last edited:
You said the 'c' word.

I was really hoping that particular floodgate wasn't opened. :(

Im fine. Im happy, my car seems to be middle-of-the-pack so far, im completely satisfied with that.
If we made this 550pp, I could have done alot more, lol. 500 is under the sweet spot of the camaro, as well as the nova, and vettes. But it was still fun trying to bottle up dynamite into a teddy bear, lol.
Congrats to those who took the top 3 spots ^^ good job, and great tuning :)

Im looking forward to our next challenge. Cheer's
☆★DemoN★☆

You said the 'c' word.
Yeah because, well, end of the tuning, patching next day or something... The cars that are tested are not the cars I tuned :/

Im happy, my car seems to be middle-of-the-pack so far, im completely satisfied with that.
Not me, middle pack too but still loosing :)
And now I know why I'm there too : I made a bet, it seems all my money so far is on the wrong horse. Maybe I should have tuned with cross and square if you see what I mean.

Im looking forward to our next challenge.
Me too !

The way I see it for me anyways, this is my first shootout ever, and im up against quite a few people who are all vet's of tuning and the GT series.
For me to place anywhere in the middle, to me says that I can at the very least 'compete' against these odds. I half expected to get blown out of the water, lol, so for me, I consider this a huge win.

Its one thing tuning for myself and others who drive like myself. Its quite another thing, to make a tune that can fit other driving styles as well, not to mention driving wheels when I have a controller pad. I did alter my tune to attempt to suit wheel drivers, not sure how that worked out, lol.
this has been great fun so far.
I wish they would warn us before updates though. At least give a few days heads up, not three updates three days in a row like that, lol.

The way I see it for me anyways, this is my first shootout ever, and im up against quite a few people who are all vet's of tuning and the GT series.
For me to place anywhere in the middle, to me says that I can at the very least 'compete' against these odds. I half expected to get blown out of the water, lol, so for me, I consider this a huge win.

Its one thing tuning for myself and others who drive like myself. Its quite another thing, to make a tune that can fit other driving styles as well, not to mention driving wheels when I have a controller pad. I did alter my tune to attempt to suit wheel drivers, not sure how that worked out, lol.
this has been great fun so far.
I wish they would warn us before updates though. At least give a few days heads up, not three updates three days in a row like that, lol.
Yeah I'm in the same boat as you, first tuning contest I've entered and enjoyed it thoroughly. Its great to get some feedback and my thanks goes out to the testers for making the effort to get the funds together to test the cars, can't have been easy with the current payouts being so low.
Despite the issues with updates and whatnot, I still enjoyed the challenge of tuning something unusual and am really happy with my scores so far. Its good to get feedback and know that you're heading in the right direction with tuning

@DolHaus, @demonchilde, I am in the same boat first contest my self, doing well so far middle of the pack average for my cars, I also use a controller so tuning on that and hoping they do well on wheel is hard, but also knowing that the physics changes did affect the cars some more that others bugs me, it's like going to a race and setting up the cars for x tires and the officials than come out and say btw you need to use these tires that have different grip but you can't change your car to suit them. some will do well some won't

Me too, in fact, the Superbird is the first car i ever tuned myself in the GT series. I expected that i would probably be near last place just because i chose it, but it was a very fun tune for me. This whole contest has really taught me a lot about tuning in GT6.

WOW!!! That's pretty great results for The Wizard! Wonder what the challenger would have achieved with a full pass on the tune.

Loving the feedback on the tunes is great to get it.
My cars are doing better than I thought so I've got nothing to fuss, looks like most of the cars are doing really well in different people's hands, I look forward to driving the tunes my self in a couple days.

Hoping we see somemore Test Driver results soon.
Liking how close the times are for the regular group, makes things more exciting without having obvious standout cars.:cheers:

@DigitalBaka just noticed your score sheet has the car listing for me and @NEWDRIVER2 mixed up. Not sure if results are switched as well or not.:odd:

Last edited:
Back