FITT: Blind Tuning Challenge! Congrats to Bowtie-muscle & Otaliema! Tuners Revealed!!

All times have been entered. Please check make sure I didn't dyslexic switch something đź‘Ť
Great driving guys the podiums are super close.
Below are the Podiums for Lap time and DC for both classes.

GVE R Lap Time Podium
1 Tuner #8 1:10.769 +00.000
2 Tuner #10 1:10.827 +00.058
3 Tuner #5 1:10.954 +00.185
4 Tuner #7 1:10.957 +00.188
5 Tuner #11 1:10.994 +00.225

Drivers Choice Podium
1 Tuner #8 9.50
2 Tuner #10 8.65
3 Tuner #7 8.50
4 Tuner #5 8.35
5 Tuner #4 8.25

Fastest Lap at GVE R
1:10.475; Tuner #8's tune Driven By Turnleft

Tsukuba Lap Time Podium
1 Tuner #5 0:55.756 +00.000
2 Tuner #3 0:55.780 +00.024
3 Tuner #1 0:55.799 +00.043
4 Tuner #4 0:55.801 +00.045
5 Tuner #6 0:55.932 +00.176

Drivers Choice Podium
1 Tuner #1 9.10
2 Tuner #5 8.90
3 Tuner #3 8.75
4 Tie Tie
5 Tuner #4 8.55

Fastest Lap at Tsukuba
0:55.194; Tuner #5's tune Driven By ImToLegitToQuit
You might want to recheck them, My fastest lap/tuner was with No.7 at 1:10.425, I'll recheck the rest when my brain is able to focus, one dyslexic checking another dyslexic might not be the best idea :lol:. Just to make sure, you've included Dabomm4 in the calculations ? Nice work on the spreadsheet, oh and while I have you on the line, any news about those aero tests?

You might want to recheck them, My fastest lap/tuner was with No.7 at 1:10.425, I'll recheck the rest when my brain is able to focus, one dyslexic checking another dyslexic might not be the best idea :lol:. Just to make sure, you've included Dabomm4 in the calculations ? Nice work on the spreadsheet, oh and while I have you on the line, any news about those aero tests?
Hmm the blind leading the deaf is what that sounds like :lol:
Thank you.
One I get done with this test and get gold on the Bathurst seasonal I'm going to netural tune car one for the aero testing and get going on it. I can tell you the test track is going to Cape Ring South. as it has all the turns we want on a short track. It will be a bit of driving not as much as @DolHaus camber testing but only cause there is only 7 combos to test not 11 :lol: Front, Rear, Flat, Front rear, Front flat, Rear Flat, All.

Edit; Typos and grammer, err grammar :lol:

Last edited:
@Bowtie-muscle, @brian wolf, @DaBomm4, @DrEmmettBrown, @Gino Caberlin, @ImToLegitToQuit, @praiano63, @Ridox2JZGTE, @shaunm80, Unknown Tuner, @xande1959

I took all the cars on two separate runs of 10 laps or more, the first one to get too know them, and the second to try to beat my previous Best Lap. If I haven’t set a new lap record in the last 5 laps I stop after 10, if I did I continue until I can’t beat my time for 5 consecutive laps ( thanks Imtolegit for that ) I did Run-1, cars 1 to 11, than Run-2, Cars 1 to 11. I drive abs/1, driving line on, and all rest off, PS3 Controller, Control Steering Sensitivity at 0, and MT.

Tuner 1 - RX8 Type S ’07 - Matte Dark Silver

1:11.460 - DC.7.5 - Let the car turn in freely and be patient out of curves and this car will be beautiful, try to show it who’s boss and you’ll be in trouble. Not a car for a beginner but I found it real fun to drive and quite stable if you don’t over push, just found the last gear too long. The majority of my laps were below 1:11.697 . On my first run I did 1:11.894

Tuner 2 - S2000 ’06 - Bermuda Blue Pearl

1:12.213 - DC.7.0 - Felt rock solid on the track, good grip, good acceleration out of curves. Took curves to wide, not enough rotation. Doesn’t handle rumble strips well. Very easy car to drive and keep on the track. On my first run I did 1:12.902 .

Tuner 3 - RX8 Type S ’07 - Sunlight Silver Metalic

1:10.725 - DC.8.5 - Super car, the sad thing is if I took all my best sectors and added them up I’d be at 1:10.200 which would be pretty close to the 1:09.999 that I was aiming for. With the quality of this car the only fault there is, is the driver. My first run I did 1:10.940 .

Tuner 4 - RX8 Type S ’07 - Jaune Sirius

1:10.788 - DC.8.2 - What can I say, I love this car, rotates well, has just enough grip, forgives me from over pushing it. great job. First run time was 1:10.800. I think that on a perfect lap by me it would be 1:10.450 . Sorry I couldn’t do it because I really was aiming for that, just kept making mistakes at the wrong time.

Tuner 5 - S2000 ’06 - New Formula Red

1:11.384 - DC.8.0 - I took me a little while to get the feel for this one, my biggest problem was out of curve acceleration, I just found it to long before I could give it full power. It’s also sensitive to rumble strips, the steering is responsive and once I got the hang of it I burnt 6 straight laps in the 1:11.xxx . Very good work on the S2000. My first run was 1:12.166, so there was a big improvement on my second run.

Tuner 6 - RX8 Type S ’07 - WR Blue Mica

1:10.899 - DC.8.0 - Drives with a good grip, in fact it does everything well, I just can’t seem to get it any faster no matter what I tried. My time from my first run 1:10.987 , I was sure I could knock off at least 0.200 of a second off so I’m quite disappointed with myself that I didn’t get any better. Very good car, and quite a safe sturdy drive with that, if I would change one thing it would be the out of curve acceleration

Tuner 7 - RX8 Type S ’07 - GT6 Polarized 033

1:10.475 - DC.9.0 - WOW, that’s it, nothing left to say. My first run was 1:11.193 . Oh one thing to add, on my best lap I went in the tunnel with 2 wheels on the sidewalk, kept it steady and out with no damage, must have been an inch from the wall, might have lost some time there. (sorry)

Tuner 8 - S2000 ’06 - Midnight Purple

1:11.644 - DC.8.4 - I gave this one a high DC because I had so much fun with it, out of my first ten laps 8 of them were new best laps. This cars slips, slides, burns rubber with no regards, could be tweaked easily for drifting but manages to be pretty fast (for a S2000). Maybe if I would have calmed down I might have done better lap times, but maybe this is how to get this fun machine from start to finish. I love it, might not be the fastest but who cares when your driving this. On my first run my lap time was 1:12.697 , 1 second better, don’t bother, I already gave myself a pat on the back.

Tuner 9 - RX8 Type S ’07 - Black (any one )

1:10.666 - DC.8.3 - It took me 7 laps on my second run before I did my best time, I had trouble finding my coasting line in turn 1 & 2, when I did, my lap time dropped by .500 second. I found it felt weighty, like after eating too much on great meal. The brakes are fantastics and saved me quite a few times. I don’t think I was able to exploit the full potential of this car, my second best time but it didn’t feel like it. So who ever did this car, great fast car but could be even greater with someone who could feel it better than me. My first run was 1:11.388

Tuner 10 - RX8 Type S ’07 - Silver Sunlight

1:10.627 - DC.8.6 - Very easy and predictable until you you cross the invisible line of disaster. The first word that comes to my mind is smooth, excellent car, my new second best time (just beat tuner 9). On my first run I did 1:10.843

Tuner 11 - S2000 ’06 - Royal Navy Blue

1:12.159 - DC.7.3 - Nice easy going car as long as you don’t try to over push it, I think you could get 1:11.9xx with it but you’d be on the brink of disaster. It’s major flaw is that it’s not fast enough. On my first run my time was 1:12.663

Conclusion
The biggest difference I found between the S2000 and the RX8 was when coasting ( off throttle) the RX8 would stay very steady and lose very little speed, the S2000 would push out making the tires heat up thus slowing you down on acceleration, just my opinion.

Great work my fellow tuners, I really like this formula of reviewing and not knowing who's car it is, sort of takes a little pressure of you.

Thank you Bowtie-muscle & DolHaus, beautiful challenge đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť.
Consistent times you set there. Excellent job, sounds like you had a lot of fun with all the tunes. :)

My fastest lap/tuner was with No.7 at 1:10.425,
The tuner name place is off set by 2 lines compared to driver number in the sheet it's correct. ;)

@Otaliema, all tuner numbers are off by +1 in the podium section of the duel only.
I see that I will correct the links. Something always goes wrong with this but it's still faster than building from group up for each challenge. :lol:

fantastic job man. can't get more thorough than that.
And thank you for the driving & review tips.;)
Forgot to mention great driving man, solid and consistent. I hope they didn't drive too batty. ;) The Gt300's are going to be a blast for you, lets hope not litterly, I mean where elese are we going to find our comic relief for CoTM?
Thanks, but since I'm tuner in the GT300 I won't be testing :rolleyes:, and I need a small break, keep getting this message to plug myself in because the battery is low :lol:.
Hmm the blind leading the deaf is what that sounds like
Yeah I know, but what about the lot that's following them
Thanks for the reviews @biffa3 and @TurnLeft, both of you are correct with your assessment of my tune.
Now if I can only figure out who is who :banghead:.
Consistent times you set there. Excellent job, sounds like you had a lot of fun with all the tunes.
Thanks, eh by the way what color was your car? just out of curiosity of course.:lol:

@Otaliema, all tuner numbers are off by +1 in the podium section of the duel only
Corrected was a miss link in the Tuner names in the formula section O_o i really need to figure this out why it does this to me.

Thanks, but since I'm tuner in the GT300 I won't be testing :rolleyes:, and I need a small break, keep getting this message to plug myself in because the battery is low :lol:.
Carfule it can be a shocking experience to be plugged in.

Lemmings I tell you Lemmings.

For your avater if your going to stick with Mater for a bit find one of the Maters tall tails ones. Maybe monster truck Mater or Heavy Metal Mater. hehehehe

And thank you for the driving & review tips.;)
Now if I can only figure out who is who :banghead:.
Thanks, eh by the way what color was your car? just out of curiosity of course.:lol:
All will be revealed after the challenge has ended. To tell you the colour would only spoil the fun of the event :)

These tunes are great fun at the seasonal races by the way, I used my tune for the duel at Fuji, no adjustments and won. I also took my tune, added all power/weight options and fixed the transmission, went to Ascari for one race, got 3rd with 2 super rabbits. I have yet to try again but I think the tune can do it.

Lastly, I took the fastest GT300 from my tests, tuner#4, to Madrid, 3rd on the first try and then won on the second try, great, fun challenge against the 205.
image.jpg

Who's Who

I was thinking of just putting everyones name in a hat a pulling them out one at a time, probably would get a better score but anyways here it goes, these are me guesses at who is who, please don't make a comment that would give you away, someone will have my head for this.:scared::scared::scared:

TUNER 1: @DrEmmettBrown,
Since I have never driven one of your cars I waited until I had placed the ones I thought I new something about them.đź’ˇ

TUNER 2: @shaunm80
Quote:"Very easy car to drive and keep on the track", that sounds like you. :P

TUNER 3: @brian wolf
Thought I saw your initials engraved on the steering wheel, you would make a lousy spy.:D

TUNER 4: @xande1959
Not to sure, feels like one of yours, but might be just a little to safe to be really you, we'll see.:odd:

TUNER 5: @DaBomm4
Who makes crazy setups that make you work hard but are fast when you tame them, I guess that comes from driving in 7 inches of snow.:sly:

TUNER 6: @Bowtie-muscle
WR Blue Mica, really? Your even worst than @brian wolf for a spy, and stop writing chevy on everything you own, it's a dead giveaway.:grumpy:

TUNER 7: @ImToLegitToQuit
Quote"I went in the tunnel with 2 wheels on the sidewalk, kept it steady and out with no damage, must have been an inch from the wall", sounded like I was in your MP4.

TUNER 8: @Ridox2JZGTE
Ha, dead giveaway :lol:, that felt like a replica, a little fast & furious in there?

TUNER 10: @praiano63
Another lousy spy, If you were as good of a spy as a tuner you'd be invisible, please don't leave pizzas in the car to bribe the judges. BTW it was fantastic, the pizza that is.:lol:

TUNER 11
: @Gino Caberlin
As with Tuner-1 I know squat about you, I actually did heads or tails between you and @DrEmmettBrown, for all I know you could be anyone of them.:confused:

TUNER 9:
I kept this one for last, I'll go with my first impression, the name of this tuner is ......(drum roll).......................... ..................................................................................................................Motor City Hami, :nervous:

Last edited:
Who's Who

I was thinking of just putting everyones name in a hat a pulling them out one at a time, probably would get a better score but anyways here it goes, these are me guesses at who is who, please don't make a comment that would give you away, someone will have my head for this.:scared::scared::scared:

Since I have never driven one of your cars I waited until I had placed the ones I thought I new something about them.đź’ˇ

Thought I saw your initials engraved on the steering wheel, you would make a lousy spy.:D

Not to sure, feels like one of yours, but might be just a little to safe to be really you, we'll see.:odd:

Who makes crazy setups that make you work hard but are fast when you tame them, I guess that comes from driving in 7 inches of snow.:sly:

WR Blue Mica, really? Your even worst than @brian wolf for a spy, and stop writing chevy on everything you own, it's a dead giveaway.:grumpy:

Quote"I went in the tunnel with 2 wheels on the sidewalk, kept it steady and out with no damage, must have been an inch from the wall", sounded like I was in your MP4.

TUNER 8: Ha, dead giveaway :lol:, that felt like a replica, a little fast & furious in there?

Another lousy spy, If you were as good of a spy as a tuner you'd be invisible, please don't leave pizzas in the car to bribe the judges. BTW it was fantastic, the pizza that is.:lol:

TUNER 11
As with Tuner-1 I know squat about you, I actually did heads or tails between you and @DrEmmettBrown, for all I know you could be anyone of them.:confused:

TUNER 9:
I kept this one for last, I'll go with my first impression, the name of this tuner is ......(drum roll).......................... ..................................................................................................................Motor City Hami, :nervous:
I'm gonna have to disagreee with you on tuner #3 @brian wolf dislikes understeering cars, and it had some serious understeer in it. I haven't completed enough of the others to make guesses on who did what yet. But i feel confident about tuner 3 not being Brian.

Who's Who

TUNER 8: Ha, dead giveaway :lol:, that felt like a replica, a little fast & furious in there?

TUNER 11

TUNER 9:

Nice effort, my name is not even there :lol: Guess harder :lol: I think most of them are wrong :sly:

Here is little something :) I got 1:11s on the first lap of my test run ( driving my entry ), but my time is non indicative of the car potential in testers hands. No slide :sly: or maybe just a little :lol:
I'll stand by my choices :P, I think I should get at least one right. If you did 1:11s đź‘Ť on your first lap that means I would be doing 1:13s on my 10th lap đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť, so what your telling me is that your name is there but your tune is not, because I have no one at 1:13s :rolleyes: :lol: .

Nice effort, my name is not even there :lol: Guess harder :lol: I think most of them are wrong :sly:
Hey what did i do? did my blindness wear off on you? :lol:

Here is little something :) I got 1:11s on the first lap of my test run ( driving my entry ), but my time is non indicative of the car potential in testers hands. No slide :sly: or maybe just a little :lol:
Yeah your normally :confused: seconds faster :P

:gtpflag:One thing I have noticed so far with my testing is that no one is using their trademark style. and if they are it's well disguised.

edit; time to go feed the munchkins and take them to the zoo to run them silly for a few hours in this unseasonably nice weather.

:gtpflag:One thing I have noticed so far witth my testing is that no one is using their trademark style. and if they are it's well disguised.
Uh have you maybe :rolleyes:, you know just maybe moved the tuners name up by 1 :odd: while using the car spec sheets. Just to make sure read this line, ew ahve lal witscehd uro rasc, just for the fun of it.đź‘Ť

I'll stand by my choices :P, I think I should get at least one right. If you did 1:11s đź‘Ť on your first lap that means I would be doing 1:13s on my 10th lap đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť, so what your telling me is that your name is there but your tune is not, because I have no one at 1:13s :rolleyes: :lol: .

You are faster than you think :) Testing many cars on one track will make you more consistent and quicker before even realizing it.

Hey what did i do? did my blindness wear off on you? :lol:

Yeah your normally :confused: seconds faster :P

:gtpflag:One thing I have noticed so far with my testing is that no one is using their trademark style. and if they are it's well disguised.

edit; time to go feed the munchkins and take them to the zoo to run them silly for a few hours in this unseasonably nice weather.

I didn't make any effort to disguise mine :lol: and luckily everyone elses disguises made mine harder to guess.
I should have made mine like someone elses tune :lol: :P

Back