FITT: Blind Tuning Challenge! Congrats to Bowtie-muscle & Otaliema! Tuners Revealed!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bowtie-muscle
  • 972 comments
  • 81,106 views
I know this was like, 50 posts ago lol, but I must defend;

One doesn't buy a MOPAR in todays world, unless they want 1 of 3 things;
1: a sweet looking sunday car.
2: a restoration project car.
3: 1/4 mile goodness :)
I am a Chevy/GMC/Dodge type of person. I owned 2 fords in my life, a '84 mustang and a 2002 Ford P.O.S.(known to most people as the Taurus).
The Taurus was 5 recalls the first year, and a transmission headache, and quickly sold. The mustang, had a great engine, great pick-up, did donuts with no effort. But in the 80's they decided to put the Mustang engines in small box like things and they looked stupid. quickly sold, I felt like I was betraying my roots even owning it.
Loved all my chevys, from the full-sized 79 truck to the caprice's, all great rides, no recalls, and I could fix anything with a chiltons.

lol @ found on road dead.
 
:gtpflag:One thing I have noticed so far with my testing is that no one is using their trademark style. and if they are it's well disguised.

I went with what felt like the car was telling me it wanted, was not trying to change my tuning method or hide it, just give the car what it was asking for................choose wisely. :sly:
 
That may be but normally each person has something they do a very specific way. LSD, Damper and spring ratios soft stiff transmissions etc. Even if it's not your normal range of numbers it's still a certain way/style. And I've not seen that this time around most everyone stayed away from their trademark.
 
That may be but normally each person has something they do a very specific way. LSD, Damper and spring ratios soft stiff transmissions etc. Even if it's not your normal range of numbers it's still a certain way/style. And I've not seen that this time around most everyone stayed away from their trademark.
I havent been in enough of these events for anyone to know my tuning technique: none of my competition tunes are the same or have any resemblance as far as I can tell. I have also never tested for a comp before so I dont know what any of the tuners are like, so my guessing is literally just drawing straws.
 
I havent been in enough of these events for anyone to know my tuning technique: none of my competition tunes are the same or have any resemblance as far as I can tell. I have also never tested for a comp before so I dont know what any of the tuners are like, so my guessing is literally just drawing straws.
You mean like most of the testers will be doing.;) And that includes me.:dunce:
 
I know most of the tuners 'quirks' or whatever you call them. but not from FITT.
Just from trying tunes out on the database.
I have to say I have probably tried 4 or 5 random tunes from most of our garages. Mostly because of research. I have an issue I got stuck on say a is350, so I go try 3 or 4 different is350 tunes from our database to see how others approached the issue. multiply that times 1 year of issues.
I get to a point now where I know who to go to for certain things, ect.
 
WOW, I just drove Tune #4 of the Duel and managed to get a 1:10.048. Is that fast or what?
Nice time. I must be driving to casually. I'm averaging 1:12 with the RX-8, haven't run a S2000 yet so will see how it goes. I could do faster but I would be running 20+ laps per tune to get a valid lap :lol:
 
Nice time. I must be driving to casually. I'm averaging 1:12 with the RX-8, haven't run a S2000 yet so will see how it goes. I could do faster but I would be running 20+ laps per tune to get a valid lap :lol:
Tune #4 was great, and that time was only on lap 10 or so.
 
This "mystery tuner" is causing me headaches. There are 2 Mazda tunes alone that have me thinking it's the mystery tuner, but then those 2 tunes are from different types of drivers and I still have the Honda's to go. But having driven a few I can see that some of @TurnLeft guesses do make sense...even if I have different drivers than he does!:lol:
 
This "mystery tuner" is causing me headaches. There are 2 Mazda tunes alone that have me thinking it's the mystery tuner, but then those 2 tunes are from different types of drivers and I still have the Honda's to go. But having driven a few I can see that some of @TurnLeft guesses do make sense...even if I have different drivers than he does!:lol:

There was one Honda for me that stood out, and that's the one i'm going with for mystery tuner.
 
Ah well. GTPlanet just reminded me why I hate GTPlanet. Maybe I'll see you guys on another site. Sorry to withdraw, just lost the motivation.
 
Back