FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

While I am following the aero convention, does front aero actually do anything? Or is it purely cosmetic
it does something adds a bit of frontal downforce *talking out my &%# here* I'm thinking it's around 7-10 points of force equivalence, loaded to the front tires only, it does add a tad bit of drag as well. but the flat floor is overiding any drag the front and rear wings are adding.

it does something adds a bit of frontal downforce *talking out my &%# here* I'm thinking it's around 7-10 points of force equivalence, loaded to the front tires only, it does add a tad bit of drag as well. but the flat floor is overiding any drag the front and rear wings are adding.
What do you mean by "the flat floor is overiding the drag"?

What do you mean by "the flat floor is overiding the drag"?
Based on the limited testing I've had time to do, absoulte top speeed is reduced by about 3% by a front or rear wing and the flat floor reduces it about 15%, the effects don't stack the larger of the two takes precidence for speed reduction and drag calcualtions by the game.
Rear wings have more drag than front areo or flat floors but have the same speed reduction as a front aero kit.
Flat floors improve acceleration and overall grip of the car but reduce top speed signifgantly.
Front aero has the least drag of any kit but the least gain over all. But cost you the same at the top end as a rear wing.
*This is all pre 1.09 data.
It's not a straight forward method for the aero kits in the game. Which is good and bad.

He was referring to the street class I believe. But there does seem to be a difference if only minor, to be safe they should be tested as listed @ugabugaz . @Otaliema did do an aero test, hopefully he will provide a quick link or I will.

Based on the limited testing I've had time to do, absoulte top speeed is reduced by about 3% by a front or rear wing and the flat floor reduces it about 15%, the effects don't stack the larger of the two takes precidence for speed reduction and drag calcualtions by the game.
Rear wings have more drag than front areo or flat floors but have the same speed reduction as a front aero kit.
Flat floors improve acceleration and overall grip of the car but reduce top speed signifgantly.
Front aero has the least drag of any kit but the least gain over all. But cost you the same at the top end as a rear wing.
*This is all pre 1.09 data.
It's not a straight forward method for the aero kits in the game. Which is good and bad.
Ahh ok, it looked like you were saying that the flat floor was removing more drag than the aero was adding 👍

I have some tests planned once I've finished these cars to work out how much aero the various bits are producing as I'd like to see effects myself, I will post the methodology and effects once completed

Ahh ok, it looked like you were saying that the flat floor was removing more drag than the aero was adding 👍

I have some tests planned once I've finished these cars to work out how much aero the various bits are producing as I'd like to see effects myself, I will post the methodology and effects once completed
I'd recomened Indy as a test course for drag effects it's got a flat start/finish line and decent straights and it's not a 3-8 minute lap like SSR-X so you can get more useable data for tuning faster with less track time.
I was thinking about taking the DB9 and Elise there as they both have front, rear and floor options and are very different in power levels.

I'd recomened Indy as a test course for drag effects it's got a flat start/finish line and decent straights and it's not a 3-8 minute lap like SSR-X so you can get more useable data for tuning faster with less track time.
I was thinking about taking the DB9 and Elise there as they both have front, rear and floor options and are very different in power levels.
Is Indy smooth or does the track have texture to it? I was going to use the spring compression to determine some of the effects of and it will be essential to eliminate as much movement as possible

Is Indy smooth or does the track have texture to it? I was going to use the spring compression to determine some of the effects of and it will be essential to eliminate as much movement as possible
i'm acutally not sure about that, it's a concreat track so should be pretty smooth, I know Daytona is not smooth. I know SSRx is smooth as silk it's just really really long and will suck for lap time with lower powered cars that are only pulling 250 ish km/h

i'm acutally not sure about that, it's a concreat track so should be pretty smooth, I know Daytona is not smooth. I know SSRx is smooth as silk it's just really really long and will suck for lap time with lower powered cars that are only pulling 250 ish km/h
Hopefully it will be :lol: I know its going be a pain to do full laps of SSRX for 30 seconds worth of data and I'd like to avoid it if at all possible

Hopefully it will be :lol: I know its going be a pain to do full laps of SSRX for 30 seconds worth of data and I'd like to avoid it if at all possible
image.jpg

Back straight with soft springs and semi soft dampers at Indy
It's smooth as silk. Stay off the inside of the turns though
image.jpg

This aero on this car is full front rear and floor

View attachment 258167
Back straight with soft springs and semi soft dampers at Indy
It's smooth as silk. Stay off the inside of the turns though
View attachment 258168
This aero on this car is full front rear and floor
Yeah I just had a look thanks, its not bad, tiny bit of vibration perhaps. I think because all the ovals start you on a bend it could cause problems with consistency, if I do it at SSRX I can just keep the accelerator pinned at launch and should cross the start/finish at the same speed every time. I have a feeling its going to be easier of putting in the extra track time in rather than trying to account for variables later :rolleyes:

Yeah I just had a look thanks, its not bad, tiny bit of vibration perhaps. I think because all the ovals start you on a bend it could cause problems with consistency, if I do it at SSRX I can just keep the accelerator pinned at launch and should cross the start/finish at the same speed every time. I have a feeling its going to be easier of putting in the extra track time in rather than trying to account for variables later :rolleyes:
To properly account for drag you need a zero to max accelerate line and that's only to doable at ssrx. But you can do a estamated drag at Indy as it has a 400 to the first turn and you can continue to floor it till turn 3 with no issues. This way you can see the affects on acceleration not just suspension and top speed

edit; bloody auto incorrect

Last edited:
Scoring sheet completed. Roadsters Times entered.
@praiano63 and @macdog54 please check that I entered your times correclty please pretty sure I did just want you to look them over.
British Invasion Scoring Sheet

disreguard the Podium and fast lap data there appears to be some bad formulas this is the first real challenge this has been used on. Have to admit I just forgot to test it on the previous challenges that have been ran after I built it.
The rankings next to the tuners name are correct though

All times and DC for me are good.

Personally I think the Jag has a more planted feel in the turns and the DB9 feels more stable at speed. but they are other wise dead equal.
@Bowtie-muscle great job with the pro class making the cars as close to identical as possbile.
Really is a good job in terms of balancing, should definitely be looked at in future contests as a way to keep things competitive 👍

Very sorry testers, for the late responce. Overtime working sucks, lol.

Yes, racing brakes.
(I wasnt aware that anyone didn't use racing brakes)
If there is a benifit to not using racing brakes, I'm not aware of it, lol. Unless you were trying to save the 5k or whatever it is.
again, sorry for the late response

Yes, racing brakes.
If there is a benifit to not using racing brakes, I'm not aware of it, lol. Unless you were trying to save the 5k or whatever it is.
Only two benefits I can come up with are no ABS on non race tires and grater control of braking on comfort tires with light cars.

And yes working overtime sucks a lot

Yes, racing brakes.
Sometimes racing brakes are a bit snatchy and can reduce control, they're not particularly good on low grip tyres or high speed circuits as they can overload a tyre or bleed off too much speed. They don't really make much difference all in all, maybe %5 decrease in stopping distance on grippy tyres but are equally offset by the loss in sensitivity and front end grip when trail braking

Made mt decision on Pro Class, ran a 2:01.192 and consistently around 2:01.500.......still has one issue I am struggling with or I might get under 2:01. Likely that I will leave it alone and should be posting soon. Want to get started on Street Class testing and need to have Pro tune done first, not sure I will get much more time tuning in.

@demonchilde response is fine, you answered the question and have said you have been working a lot so did not expect a quicker response.

Made mt decision on Pro Class, ran a 2:01.192 and consistently around 2:01.500.......still has one issue I am struggling with or I might get under 2:01. Likely that I will leave it alone and should be posting soon. Want to get started on Street Class testing and need to have Pro tune done first, not sure I will get much more time tuning in.

@demonchilde response is fine, you answered the question and have said you have been working a lot so did not expect a quicker response.
Stop raising the bar! :banghead: :lol:

It is my driving of the tune, does not mean others will hit the same time. :irked: .....and I want you to sweat more.:lol:
I was happy to have gotten under 2:02, now I've got to find another second somewhere :lol:

Edit: When it comes to acceptable laps, how far off the track is too far off the track? There are a few run offs that don't red flag the lap where you can make a bunch of time

Last edited:
Stop raising the bar! :banghead: :lol:
You know you need to take some off my times for a track like silver stone and I am running 2:03's, low 2:03's a friend that's faster than me was pushing the two minute mark...

It is my driving of the tune, does not mean others will hit the same time. :irked: .....and I want you to sweat more.:lol:
Sounds like fun hehe can't wait

Roadster Class Review

All tunes tested with DS3, manual trans, triggers for gas/brake, left stick steer. ABS 1, all others off, grip set to real in Arcade mode. All tunes were given between 12-15 laps and for the most part I felt I got the most out of every tune. My times me differ from your own, so if they are not as low I apologize but chances are yours would not be the only tune lower.

@DolHaus and @praiano63 gave really good reviews breaking down entry-mid corner-exit so I will just give my impressions and not too much details on handling.

@787bcgr :
Time - 51.727
DC - 7.5

Not the first tune I tested but the one that received the most laps and effort, precise inputs were required and it took quite a few laps to get into a groove and not sure I got it all. Found the extra rear weight causing the car to be more demanding and less forgiving but rewarding if you could keep it straight. The problem was keeping it straight, another 10 laps and I could have been better but I had already given more than the others.

Bowtie-muscle:
Time - 51.024
DC - 8.5

Obviously I like my own tune and know the line to take to make it fast, just not as good a ride as the Elise's. Takes the right line to be fast, but is capable of keeping up with the Lotus, but it did need the 10 extra pp to do it.

@DaBomm4 :
Time - 51.919
DC - 7.5

A spunky little tune that was a ton of fun for me, the last turn did this tune in though as it was chasing Legit's ghost. It would be with or better up to turn 3 then slightly behind, struggled to get off the final turn and watched the ghost pull away. If I could have gotten back on throttle just a tick sooner.......
Nice tune, great job.👍

@DolHaus :
Time - 51.490
DC - 8.0

Good tune that I struggled with on turn 3 and the final turn (as with almost all the Elise's) but when I got them both right the time really dropped. Found aggressive throttle could cause some (manageable) oversteer otherwise no problems.

@ImToLegitToQuit :
Time - 51.584
DC - 8.5

I LOVED THIS TUNE:D, I built an MG but was not able to get nearly as quick as this one though they did feel very similar. Yours had much better exit and was sooo easy to get comfortable with, it fit my driving style and line like a glove. Once a got the last turn right with the correct line it was a pure joy, just not quite as fast as the Locusts........I mean Lotus'. Awesome Job!:D

@Motor City Hami :
Time - 51.142
DC - 9.0

For a last minute tune, it was really good. Glad to see it came together quick for you, the final turn was the only place I had issues but don't they all struggle with that tricky turn? Some felt slow to accelerate out but yours seemed to be one of the few that could get down the straight better once I got it point where I wanted.

@Otaliema :
Time - 51.585
DC - 7.5

My second best lap was 51.588, so 2 really close laps meant I found out how to drive it. The problem was it did take some time to adjust to the soft suspension and extra rear weight. I am just not a good enough driver to get the time this tune is capable of, quick when right but hard to keep the rear in check for me.

@praiano63 :
Time - 51.114
DC - 9.5

Easy to learn, easy to go fast. Best exit from the final turn and the best through turn 3, turn 2 however could have a hint of understeer if I missed my entry (which was hard to do as the tune was that good). Most of my laps all only 2-3 tenths apart. Excellent Job!

@Ridox2JZGTE :
Time - 52.316
DC - 7.0

The handling of this tune took me by surprise, not bad at all but I did struggle with it wanting to over rotate and never felt like I got a really good lap. Just did not get along with it as well as other tunes of yours I have driven.

@shaunm80 :
Time - 51.496
DC - 8.0

Awesome fun tune that pretty much could do what I wanted when I wanted. Except accelerate out of the final turn, just seemed sooo under powered compared to the others. Had to really search for the best line keeping up the most speed to get a fast lap.

@sinof1337 :
Time - 51.249
DC - 9.0

Easy driving tune that was very easy to get back on throttle, needed just a bit more rotation but the hard to complain with the time I got. This tune really fit my driving style and I was not searching for any speed. Great job.👍

@xande1959 :
Time - 51.108
DC - 9.0

Great tune if you hit your marks, would oversteer if pushed too aggressive with the throttle and understeer if you pushed it too deep into the corner. Would also understeer off throttle if you missed your entry on turn 2. I had 3 laps of 51.1xx and another 3 within 1 or 2 tenths, very consistent tune.:cool:

- I congratulate you for the very good time performance:bowdown::bowdown::cheers:👍

Back