FITT - Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,660 comments
Any chance of F.I.T.T. creating a thread just for links to tuning discoveries. I know most garages will want to figure out stuff on their own but it might be a good idea to gather all the links to the tuning finds in one place for reference. I'm talking about stuff that's tested to some degree with some data included as to parameters not stuff like, "I did this and this seemed to happen" sort of thing. Might be something that would eventually get stickied if it's through enough.:cheers:

Was hoping that this thread would work for that purpose. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fitt-reverse-engineers-the-gt6-physics.291068/

I am wrestling a bit with when to link something?
A.) only posts including some testing evidence
B.) posts describing the testing that was done
C.) any comments about tuning
D.) any post that contains the words physics or tune

Need some help thinking through that. Maybe we can use the FITT members to look out for the best and link those? Thoughts?

I would love to be a tester. I suck at tuning but consider myself a good driver. I'm using a G27 with custom rig and 350mm Momo wheel.

I added the PSN names listed above (GTP_FITT_1 etc...)

Congratulations your now involved in FITT!:cheers:

No seriously that's pretty much it. There is no official membership roll or anything like that. Just join in discussions here and the physics thread that Hami started and participate in events when we have them.

FITT was originally started in an attempt to put a minimum amount of organisation into the budding GT5 tuning competition scene. (Having 3 or 4 different people all running their own event at same time is bad for everyone.)
Anyways Rule 13 and Have Fun are the only FITT by-laws written in stone, everything else we just sort of make up as we go.
alright, how do i find the rules, regulations, event scheduels etc. also im a very novice tuner so if this is for pros im gonna have to step out

Any chance of F.I.T.T. creating a thread just for links to tuning discoveries. I know most garages will want to figure out stuff on their own but it might be a good idea to gather all the links to the tuning finds in one place for reference. I'm talking about stuff that's tested to some degree with some data included as to parameters not stuff like, "I did this and this seemed to happen" sort of thing. Might be something that would eventually get stickied if it's through enough.:cheers:
Use Hami's thread below, Johnny 👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fitt-reverse-engineers-the-gt6-physics.291068/

{Cy}

alright, how do i find the rules, regulations, event scheduels etc. also im a very novice tuner so if this is for pros gonna have to step out
We have minimum official rules. See thread OP and post #3 for what we do have.

We haven't settled on what or when the first GT6 event will be. Everyone is just getting up to speed and a few are still waiting for their copy of GT6 to arrive.

Some of the council members try to host lobbies for FITT participants once or twice a week, but again they are as new to GT6 as the rest of us so no real scheduling of such get togethers yet.

When we've all had a little more time with the game we'll start having a bit more regular events and you'll start seeing an event calendar on the first page here.

We haven't settled on what or when the first GT6 event will be. Everyone is just getting up to speed and a few are still waiting for their copy of GT6 to arrive.

Some of the council members try to host lobbies for FITT participants once or twice a week, but again they are as new to GT6 as the rest of us so no real scheduling of such get togethers yet.

When we've all had a little more time with the game we'll start having a bit more regular events and you'll start seeing an event calendar on the first page here.
fantastic, ill be eagerly awaiting competition

also id be willing to help host if you need an ES

Some of us are below average tuners (me) and even poorer drivers (me again), but being a part of FITT helps us all :dopey:
average driver and tuner here as well, but I make an effort to fix something nice and above all I enjoy what I am doing :D

With all the info provided by FITT and the experienced tuners in here :bowdown: there is a chance for the average man to produce something above average 👍

Thanks People appreciate the input will do whatever I can to get involved 👍

Looking forward to hopefully having sometime to rejoin the tuning fun after such a hiatus off of GT5 community (was still playing just had heaps of work on). Keep up the good fight boys (and girls :P)

Can't wait to see some quality Tunes from the crew and all going well see you all online for some races!

Congratulations your now involved in FITT!:cheers:

No seriously that's pretty much it. There is no official membership roll or anything like that. Just join in discussions here and the physics thread that Hami started and participate in events when we have them.

FITT was originally started in an attempt to put a minimum amount of organisation into the budding GT5 tuning competition scene. (Having 3 or 4 different people all running their own event at same time is bad for everyone.)
Anyways Rule 13 and Have Fun are the only FITT by-laws written in stone, everything else we just sort of make up as we go.

Have been reading the FITT threads for some time now, and I think i am way out of your league as far as driving and tuning is concerned, but I enjoy my (clean) racing, have done since gt3, and I am following all you guys who bring this together, so, hopefully I can race at some of your events, and maybe Iimprove a bit.

Have been reading the FITT threads for some time now, and I think i am way out of your league as far as driving and tuning is concerned, but I enjoy my (clean) racing, have done since gt3, and I am following all you guys who bring this together, so, hopefully I can race at some of your events, and maybe Iimprove a bit.
Please do! Or events are designed to be friendly to all levels and experiences.

Exciting stuff. I will be watching (and participating :) ) as this moves forward. Very new to tuning so hoping to gain some feed back and experience and become someone who's tunes actually mean something!

Well, Praiano has the game now so I think we can have a tuning competition soon, right?
Hopefully the MR car problems get sorted out. I took the Diablo GT out for a spin (1005hp fully upgraded around 650PP on racing hards) and it was horrific. I didn't even have to touch the gas and it would spin right around

Hopefully the MR car problems get sorted out. I took the Diablo GT out for a spin (1005hp fully upgraded around 650PP on racing hards) and it was horrific. I didn't even have to touch the gas and it would spin right around
I had the same problem with a MR2. Fantastic in RL, hard as hell in game.

Hey Digital, It seems the new online structure has done away with private lobbies that are open 24/7 to people on our friends list unless I'm missing something. So no need for a private fitt lobby right now. Also without car sharing it will make it difficult to do our shootouts.:grumpy: We need to petition for PD to bring back car sharing.

This sounds interesting, in GT5 tuning was easier.
Never been particulary good tuning in game,not like doing it in real life.
I`ve allways tuned up my personal real life cars (toe,camber,engine,brakes,etc.)my self.
But in GT6, this is a problem for me.
Yesterday i bought the Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3, tried it om Matterhorn. Was ok...
But in a simple track as High Speed Ring, the car understeers wildly in the first and last corners.(even with full downforce)..

Sorry for my bad writing...(from Norway):gtpflag:

Last edited:
Hey Digital, It seems the new online structure has done away with private lobbies that are open 24/7 to people on our friends list unless I'm missing something. So no need for a private fitt lobby right now. Also without car sharing it will make it difficult to do our shootouts.:grumpy: We need to petition for PD to bring back car sharing.

I have a sneaky feeling car sharing is gone to aid microtransactions, initially at least. Hopefully it will return in the community section to be released as and update.

Ok, so I am NOT an expert tuner here, but... I used Hami's guide for tuning from GT5. The pre-2.09 update one listing "default" tunes for each drivetrain. I took the new Clio and using his numbers I came up with a pretty decent tune. It's not perfect or the fastest but the car is amazingly driveable now... The only tricky thing was converting his values from GT5 when they were higher or lower than allowed in GT6. What I ended up doing was checking to see how much percent it was in GT5 then applied that percentage to the slider in GT6. This guide may be still useable for GT6 if this method is applied to it...

Just one thing to remember to all distracted tuner like me, i've spent 2H tuning cars at the beginning setting dampers extension thinking it was compression.
The compression stay up the extension, not the way it was in GT5.

:ouch::ouch::ouch: Loosing time and wondering why my cars were jumping like crickets.:confused::lol:

Last edited:
Everyone has access to all cars and unlimited creds, so shootouts aren't harder at all. Now we don't need participants to be on friends list. Might have to allow 0.0km cars for shootouts now, that's all.

Everyone has access to all cars and unlimited creds, so shootouts aren't harder at all. Now we don't need participants to be on friends list. Might have to allow 0.0km cars for shootouts now, that's all.
Speaking of which, has anyone actually seen PP change after putting mileage on a car? The Focus ST I've been tooling around in probably has 1500 miles on the clock now and I haven't seen the PP change once yet...

{Cy}

Speaking of which, has anyone actually seen PP change after putting mileage on a car? The Focus ST I've been tooling around in probably has 1500 miles on the clock now and I haven't seen the PP change once yet...

{Cy}
I saw too. It has changed but, I'm sure only about one car with no oil change at first.

I saw too. It has changed but, I'm sure only about one car with no oil change at first.
Hello Dan.
You don't have to make the oil change at 0 km anymore, if you drive 1 meter or 300 km , the first oil change will add around 15 PP more or less ,i don't remember the exact amount.
I have not drive any car enough time to see PP drop.

Not all the mileage I have put on the car has been done under normal tyre wear, so I wouldn't expect to see too much of a drop. It seems to be much less than in GT5, but then I drove hundreds of miles in my Golf R and never once changed the oil :indiff:

{Cy}

The more you build the cars and de-tune them the cars going to take a great hit when using the power limiter. The norm of detuning while keeping high torque is no longer there. I’ve added every part to the Boss 302 for extra power and removing weight along with the flat floor. I’ve found the more the car is built and detuned the harder for the car to truly preform. Every time I lowered the PP number the slower the car became, even with the high torque number. Without having all the street cars is hard to tell how much each group is losing. From the math I’ve worked without having all the cars, drivers could lose 10 points to detuning which could lose up to five seconds off pending on lap time, track, driver and how well balanced the set is.

From what I’ve found so far no matter what class car you’re running or building the higher the horse power and how the power limiter is used the greater the hit on the car. Overly building the cars and detuning them the same way as in GT5 is no longer going to work. The cars are even more unbalanced than before. Running in lobbies with race cars had mad that very clear from the numbers I seen, 600PP for GT3, 570 for GT500 and 560 for DTM. From the testing of the racing cars it clearly show no one as of now will be able to get the ALL the race cars to run with each other just to accommodate the need. I'm not sure how the street cars will fair thought.

Last edited:
Hello Dan.
You don't have to make the oil change at 0 km anymore, if you drive 1 meter or 300 km , the first oil change will add around 15 PP more or less ,i don't remember the exact amount.
I have not drive any car enough time to see PP drop.
Thanks Lau. That's the way I remember it happened:
  • No oil change. Power level 100%.
  • Drove more than 300 km - PP & BHP loss.
Not all the mileage I have put on the car has been done under normal tyre wear, so I wouldn't expect to see too much of a drop. It seems to be much less than in GT5, but then I drove hundreds of miles in my Golf R and never once changed the oil :indiff:

{Cy}
We'll figure it out in time, my friend. :)

👍

I've seen cars PP increase with oil regardless of mileage added, 0km-oil change-increase in PP. As Zuel says building upto the desired PP is the way to go and not up over and reduce, unless no choice because de-tunning from stock.

Latest Posts

Back