FITT - Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,660 comments
I am prepared to test drive again for these new shootouts. I plan on being around a lot more often.

That's why a single car or limited car selection would make sense.
FF challenge?
FiT
MiTo
Clio
Scirocco
All are prize cars except the FiT that everyone has to buy anyways.
Limit it to say 450-475PP so parts costs don't skyrocket to badly.
Testers only need one of each car since all modifications can now be changed.
-all the walking ciroco more

If we are going to do a shootout, I think we should at least get a car list and tuner/ tester signup sheet. That way when everyone has the cars and some extra capital to spend on all the modifications we are going to do (tuners will by far spend the most by buying almost every part to find the best combo for our tunes) we will be ready. I agree on the cars, and the only way to dig out any overdogs is to do some challenges or test every car at different PP levels. Also, I see the Elise product line as being DQ'd from many of the challenges like in GT5

Happy New Years all!:cheers:

Think it would be great if we could get our first GT6 FITT event set up and started on the 6th of January. We've had a lot of different ideas floated about so far, now lets start putting one into action.
While we can't share cars at this point, most of us should be getting a good log-in bonus and be far enough along in the game that only the most expensive cars would be a problem to buy and test.
Hopefully PD will have another big update for us soon that brings back car sharing, but lets not wait for them to get things rolling.

Let's see if we can setup this budget build. :)

• Looking at PP we should go maybe 450 or 500.
  • Sports hard or medium tires should be "free" on the build as some cars have them and some will have comfort tires.
  • Should we set separate budgets for the car and parts or lump it all together? Separate would get us some tuned cars while a lump sum would get a higher variation but with some lighter tunes.
  • 30-40k seems reasonable for parts. I haven't looked much at car prices though.
Also, any ideas for an offbeat car for January? @XDesperado67 Where's that thread you mentioned?

@DigitalBaka here is the link to the Beater or Sleeper Car of the Week thread. Just kicked off its first week with the Peugeot RCZ on Sunday.👍👍
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...car-of-the-week-week-1-10-peugeot-rcz.295599/

A budget challeng would be a great start. I'd suggest doing a total cost of car plus parts deal with like a 50-75k limit and a max PP of say 450-500.
Need the PP limit so people are less likely to spend their entire budget just buying a car and will look for good combinations of affordable base car + tunable parts.
50k your looking at cars in the 30k or less range if you want the FC suspension. Plenty of good options out there for tuners and with that sort of budget easy for the Test drivers to afford.

A full suspension, transmission and LSD are a must for any tuning.That cost alone is around 45,000 in credits.The cost for these parts shouldn't be included in the tuning cost, IMHO.

A full suspension, transmission and LSD are a must for any tuning.That cost alone is around 45,000 in credits.The cost for these parts shouldn't be included in the tuning cost, IMHO.
That would short of defeat the purpose of a budget build though if all the major parts are provided. The idea would be to find the best bang-for-buck. That may be to buy the more expensive car and add a clutch kit or fully kit a cheap one. I mentioned tires to make the field even in that regard as we know what a huge difference that makes over a lap.

I will look at car prices today in the low to high 400s and see if we can come up with a target for PP and credits.

A transmission change could be a must for one track and just a so so improvement for another., depending on which car you use. It will be hard to tune if we dont know the conditions and track first.

Wait, did I say 'we?'

Happy New Year all as well! :cheers:

I see some discussions about a potential shootout. If scheduling works out, I'd love to participate, probably only as a tester, but who knows maybe I'll try to throw a tune together as well, so just keep me posted.

Will the announcement be made in this thread?

That would short of defeat the purpose of a budget build though if all the major parts are provided. The idea would be to find the best bang-for-buck. That may be to buy the more expensive car and add a clutch kit or fully kit a cheap one. I mentioned tires to make the field even in that regard as we know what a huge difference that makes over a lap.

I will look at car prices today in the low to high 400s and see if we can come up with a target for PP and credits.

I vote this idea.

Seems we have a lot of new classic cars in GT6, particularly muscle, what about a muscle shootout?

Cars I would choose for shootout @ 500PP with harder limitations than GT5
Tires: SH
Susp: Custom
Brakes: stock
Trans: Custom
LSD: adjustable
Clutch/flywheel: twin plate
driveshaft: standard
power/weight: stage 2 or less

Chevrolet:
Camaro SS '69 - 451PP
Camaro Z28 '69 - 451PP
El Camino SS 396 '69 - 453
Nova SS '70 - 467PP
Chevelle SS 454 '70 - 479PP

Dodge:
Charger 440 R/T '70 - 466PP
Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71 - 473PP
Challenger R/T '70 - 490PP

Ford:
Mustang Mach 1 '71 - 453PP

Mercury:
Cougar XR-7 '67 - 462PP

Plymouth:
AAR 'Cuda 340-6 '70 - 435PP
'Cuda 440-6 '71 - 479PP
Superbird '70 - 480PP

Shelby:
GT350 '65 - 454PP
GT350R '65 - 455PP

Another 500pp muscle car F.I.T.T. event would be a good way to start off the new year! So many great muscle cars in gt6!:drool: You have my Vote 👍

Since it looks like a lot of folks are on the muscle car idea, shall we do that and hold off the budget build for now?

For the budget I was leaning toward 450PP, SH tires and a 75k budget after looking at cars in the dealership. Apricot Hill would be my suggested track for that.

If we go muscle a bump to 500PP is definitely needed. Tires can certainly stay the same I think as I have been running mine on SH with little issue. Would Apricot Hill still be a good choice? I can see the technical portions being a bit scary in an old, lead yacht. :scared::lol:

Muscle at 500PP on SH sounds good.:D
My vote for track would be Mount Panorama but that's just cause I've fallen in love with its flow.:crazy::lol:
Apricot Hill would be good as well, I need to spend more time on it anyways.:drool:

I'm down for the muscle car shootout at 500pp on SH. I like Apricot over Panorama just because the lap times would be closer and less error prone, at least for me.

See you need to spend more time at Bathurst Ron!:lol:

I make a lot more mistakes on Apricot Hill but that's mainly because I've not ran on it much.

I'll be happy to see our first GT6 event kick off regardless of what track is chosen.:gtpflag:

Love the idea , can't wait to start driving , chop chop you lazy ..... get you're tuning done :)

I had thought "Muscling Matterhorn" sounded cool, with a neat potential twist of testers being allowed to test whatever version of the track they like?

In our last classic shootout https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-car-shootout-were-done-thank-you-all.238003/ a Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 won followed by a bunch of these... Camaro Z28 '69. I wonder with the new driving physics, will the Camaro be so dominant over the other American Muscle? I have only driven the Mach I in GT6 and it is way more responsive than it was in GT5.

thats where i took the fastest lap :) .... ah the memories of driving those old pieces of crap priceless automobiles :P , why not make it a rerun with the same track ... was good fun ( very frustrating at other moments tho )

I vote for Willow Springs. American Muscle on American soil. Either that or Laguna Seca or Indy/Daytona road courses.
Willow Springs - Big Willow would be good as you have places you can really open up the throttle as well as some good technical bits.
Laguna Seca is always fun and I love getting a car set up so it just flows through the corkscrew, just wish it had a longer straight so you could really get a chance to open the cars up.

Back