FITT - Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,660 comments
And a general question for all tuners. What do you get out of a DC rating?

As for me, it let's me know how other people drive my tune and what they think of it and whether or not I have to tweak it a little more or not.

It show's me if I've gotten better as a tuner also, to me it's a win, win!!

A win for me and a win for whoever drives my tune's and like's it, I get a great deal of satisfaction out of it knowing someone enjoyed my tune, there's nothing better than that!!

I vote for the new scoring system too. 👍

Testing is will be done on one of three tire types and I'm still undecided if it will be at one location or free choice.

I think to make it fair it should be at one track that way all the tuner's and tester's will get the best feel for the track with the tune, instead of bouncing around to different tracks you'll get different result's.

I think to make it fair it should be at one track that way all the tuner's and tester's will get the best feel for the track with the tune, instead of bouncing around to different tracks you'll get different result's.
I agree I like the new DC system it works very well and had no complaints on it's two trial groups. I think a third run for is in order so I will be using it for the next challenge.

As for the track consern about switching track to track, a tester wouldn't be testing at multiple locations. They pick a track and run all tunes submitted at it. The differences in lap time would not matter as it would have the same effect on the average lap time as the difference between faster and slower drivers in a one track challenge.
I'm gonna put a up a poll thread about the track part for the challenge. Check the main forum in a few.

Where i found a GT BY CITROEN ROAD CAR setup???
Please sir, use the resources here on the site. Advanced tune finder
Also use the little magnifying glass in the top right of any page to search. Just goto to the main tuning forum, type in the car you want and search for it. If you get nothing, (which is not likely) than make a NEW thread asking for help this is not a tuning thread.

edit speeling corrections. :odd: :lol:

As of today my Challenge is closing up. Looks like injury, life and illness got the testers group so only three useable results. :(

Who is up next for a challenge?

I have been contemplating getting into this, but not sure how to go about it and what kind of time is involved. But the seasonals are over quickly and QM's can be brutal. So looks like a good way to make track time useful and may help others.
Getting into it not hard. Come up with an idea, check archives make sure it hasn't been done in GT6, post it here (basic outline), see what the reaction is. Summer is hard due to people not playing as much, so less complicated events get better turn outs.

@Pete05 - has a "head full of ideas" ;)
@DolHaus - V8 Super Saloons
@Wydopen - Budget Car Challenge
@fordracer - Super Secret Challenge of Secrets
@fbccars924 - Trans Am Challenge
@DaBomm4 - SRT at Cape Ring

Is the current list for upcoming events if anyone above is ready to roll say so

I have been contemplating getting into this, but not sure how to go about it and what kind of time is involved. But the seasonals are over quickly and QM's can be brutal. So looks like a good way to make track time useful and may help others.

FITT is pretty easy to get into. As long as you are a fairly consistent driver and are willing to give an honest review of the tunes presented to you, it's easy. Most challenges have 1-4 different cars so there is not a lot of game cash involved and there are usually around 10-15 cars to test. You put in 10-15 laps on each car trying to get your best Lap possible and write it down. Testing a full field (depending on track) takes 3-4 hours and I usually spread it out over 2 days. It's a lot of fun and will usually make you a better driver because you have to adapt on the fly to tunes that may not suit your particular driving style. You don't have to be the fastest driver out there as everyone is at different levels. Consistency and adaptability are key. I would encourage anyone with extra game time to be a tester as it's a lot of fun and often challenging.

I've got a GT3 Challenge at Bathurst ready to go at the drop of a hat....I just need to find the time to host it :rolleyes:
I'm up at 4am for work M-F & some nights not home until 7pm which doesn't leave a lot of time for PS3 activity :banghead:
You're a weekend warrior!!!

Getting into it not hard. Come up with an idea, check archives make sure it hasn't been done in GT6, post it here (basic outline), see what the reaction is. Summer is hard due to people not playing as much, so less complicated events get better turn outs.

@Pete05 - has a "head full of ideas" ;)
@DolHaus - V8 Super Saloons
@Wydopen - Budget Car Challenge
@fordracer - Super Secret Challenge of Secrets
@fbccars924 - Trans Am Challenge
@DaBomm4 - SRT at Cape Ring

Is the current list for upcoming events if anyone above is ready to roll say so

I have a Pro-Suspension tuning compo quite ready for run if people have interest for it.

Whole compo in nutshell:

DeLorean with non rpm power upgrades, no oil change, only allowed tuning part is fully customisable suspension, running on Comfort Mediums without ABS. You may paint but not even change rims.
Car will get 461pp and bit under 300hp with these.
Track Tsukuba, easy and short, everyone knows.

Testing will be blind as previous one, testers will drive freely on each tune to get familiar with them, after tune is familiar tester eases ghosts and start new run, driving 5 laps on row, stopping after finishing 5th lap and records/pictures right upper corner lap times, exits track and saves replay.
Data collected for compo is fastest lap and average lap, possibly for statistics worst lap too, but worst isn't making any difference on final standings.
So all five laps are meaningful and tune stability is tester hands, how fast he could do five laps without risking any of them, like on real race.

Many may have strange vibes now, zero ABS.. Well it's a ghost to most of us, but it's only friendly ghost named Casper.
Quick start for zero ABS, install power parts to DeLorean(exhaust manifold, intake tuning and high range turbo) lower brake bias/force to 0/0 and start driving, rise both equally step by step higher until you face unwanted tire locking, drop one step back and start tuning. Car is stable for noABS on stock, on quick test 5/5 and 4/4 were fine, I'm not smashing brake to bottom straight.
CM compound makes sure at no sudden spins/snap backs happen, those provide enough grip for doing grip tune, but if tune isn't "fine" car will slide. Working tune is running on edge of grip.

I believe this compo will teach a lot to all tuners and testers.

I'm ready to consult all tuners if they're facing any problems, to do so I'll take for my self few days on start of compo to prepare my own tune, will pack it, with password and give on hold to be on embargo till tuning ends, this prevents me to cherry pick other tunes while helping.
I'm considering this more on practise than competition, everyone will practise how gain maximum grip and keeping handling on line, everyone have same power, same LSD, same gearbox, weight and balance, only thing what matters is how you setup your suspension for racing, this is more racing than hotlapping coz you have to put five quick laps on row.

Well how this sounds?

@OdeFinn sounds interesting. Maybe upgrade to CS tires to follow normal tire pattern 450-499 is normally ran on CS in FITT.

The no ABS will be interesting part of the challenge. But I'll give it a go.

@OdeFinn sounds interesting. Maybe upgrade to CS tires to follow normal tire pattern 450-499 is normally ran on CS in FITT.

The no ABS will be interesting part of the challenge. But I'll give it a go.
NoABS become harder to handle if CS is used, CM is more forgiving and so easier to entry level noABS tuning. Better to slide a bit than snap a lot. :)

But if tuners/testers feel stock DeLorean fine at CS noABS then why not. CM makes own challenge to hunt more grip, CS not so much.

Last edited:
without ABS complicated either.
one thing can help a little, transmission with short gears, along with braking sensitivity settings.
good idea:odd:
I tried DeLorean with DS3, using stick for steering and xo buttons for throttle and brake, sensitivity 5 and managed drive without spinning or driving out, and I'm worst possible dinosaur to drive with DS3. I set 3/3 bias for that DS3 test. My DS3 driving is under 100km in history of DS3. On PS1 i drove Colin McRae with controller, so super bad driver with it.
So noABS isn't a problem on that car and tire setup :)

Short transmission will hurt handling, or may cause problems due higher torque on wheels either on accel or decel.
It had reason for stock tranny and minimal power upgrades, you have to carry speed more thru turn coz it's not a rabbit out from there if you're on low rpm. Suspension makes bigger role, how car handles thru corner.

Last edited:
Back