FITT-Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge - Final Results are in!

Autumn Ring.jpg

Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
402 pp
165 hp @ 5,100 rpm
172.6 ft-lb @ 5,000 rpm
1050 kg
Power to Weight 6.36
Weight Distribution 58/42

GT Auto
No
Oil Change
Aero Kit Type C
1 Inch Up Wheels: PDI P814 (in Gold)
Paint Body: Tuxedo Black
Paint Wheels: Stock

Parts
Fully Customizable Suspension
Six Speed Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction
Comfort Soft

Suspension
Ride Height 90/90
Spring Rate 8.75/4.00
Dampeners Comp 4/6
Dampeners Ext 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars 3/5
Camber Angle 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle 0.00/0.00
Brake Balance 6/4

LSD 10/18/7

Power Limiter 91.6%
Ballast Weight 92
Ballast Position 50

Last edited:
@DigitalBaka ouch that looked like it hurt a little.
Oh it did, believe you me. Got clipped on the tollway coming into work but a guy in a small landscaping truck. Spun me around 180, bounced between a couple dump trucks and hit the rear square into the center concrete divider at about 50mph. That impact did most of the damage and sent me back out across 4 of the 6 lanes there. Could have walked away from it but I was a bit light headed so they insisted on destroying my door and pulling me out the window when that didn't work.

Bad news, car was totaled; there's a pic somewhere here of how wavy the roof was. Good news, I'm still kickin' and VW has a customer for life! :sly:

The car before the crash looked really nice. I am a VW Golf fan myself. I currently co-own with my fiancé a VW Golf Bluemotion. It is such a nice car to drive around in. Similar colour black to the one that you had @DigitalBaka.

Last edited:
Oh it did, believe you me. Got clipped on the tollway coming into work but a guy in a small landscaping truck. Spun me around 180, bounced between a couple dump trucks and hit the rear square into the center concrete divider at about 50mph. That impact did most of the damage and sent me back out across 4 of the 6 lanes there. Could have walked away from it but I was a bit light headed so they insisted on destroying my door and pulling me out the window when that didn't work.

Bad news, car was totaled; there's a pic somewhere here of how wavy the roof was. Good news, I'm still kickin' and VW has a customer for life! :sly:
Ouch that must've hurt, Praise God you walked away:tup:

Burns them up. spin and spin and spin. Thats gonna be the challenge with that car. And the little surprise that it comes with.:sly:

Fixed Toe?

Got mine running "around" :sly: 1:30 at GH GP so far, wheel spin not so bad. Knocked off 1.3 seconds from my Hot Hatch time @ GH GP today too.

@DigitalBaka : I second the "God Bless," better the car than you.

@ Pro Class : spin spin spin is right. Shamrock I hope thats a big "around." After two hours my best is around 1:31.8xx. Only LSD and Tranny changes so far.

Ugg, so much GT6, so little time. If I didn't just get back from spending the day spraying mud with all four tyres at an SCCA event I'd be totally bummed that I couldn't be on GT6 more. Thankfully there's GTP to get my fix in. :)

1:30....1:31.8?....atleast I'm close. 1:32.2xx....UGH!!!!! And yes, the fixed toe I found very interesting and thought it would give us as much of a FIT as the wheel spin. Taming the the wheel spin is where I think I'm losing time. Hami is probably down around 1.29 and laughing at us:lol:

Actually I have not built the pro car yet. The Hot Hatch class is occupying my time right now. I really, really like seven of these cars. With each one that I drive, I say, "this is the one"! But then I drive another one. I want to use the Focus ST because I like the car so much in real life, but it just might be too heavy?

I like the ride height split rule. It is forcing me into some crazy settings to get enough corner exit speed.

Actually I have not built the pro car yet. The Hot Hatch class is occupying my time right now. I really, really like seven of these cars. With each one that I drive, I say, "this is the one"! But then I drive another one. I want to use the Focus ST because I like the car so much in real life, but it just might be too heavy?

I like the ride height split rule. It is forcing me into some crazy settings to get enough corner exit speed.
We can wait, you might not want to start until......say.....11:00 saturday night:lol:

The ride height rule was an attempt to keep the playing field level, allow it to be used but with a limit.

Last edited:
1:30....1:31.8?....atleast I'm close. 1:32.2xx....UGH!!!!! And yes, the fixed toe I found very interesting and thought it would give us as much of a FIT as the wheel spin. Taming the the wheel spin is where I think I'm losing time. Hami is probably down around 1.29 and laughing at us:lol:

Sorry for any confusion. 1:30 at GH GP was a typo mention to be BH GP for Brands Hatch. I've been doing pre-lim test there as I tune my Hot Hatch. I've not taken the car to NURB GP D yet. At BH I'm running 1:30.X with her initial tune.

I don't like the ride height restriction, it doesn't let me get a 1in offset, needed on the C30. I agree with the restriction but limited to 1in IMO would be better.

I saw 1.32.2xx at the nurb once. Consistency is difficult though. I've finished my tunes. I did two for the Scirocco and can't decide which one. Both have traction issues!

PicsArt_1397420546145.jpg

MiTo 1.4 '09 165hp/1050kg/399pp
F/C Suspension
Six Speed Transmission
F/C Mechanical LSD
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon Hood
Window Weight reduction
TUNE:
Ride height: 80/95
Spring Rates: 4.00/4.25
Dampers Comp: 1/8
Dampers Ext: 2/4
Roll Bars: 1/7
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0/0
Brake Balance: 4/6
LSD: 5/8/5
Ballast: 92kg at position -50

Last edited:

Well at least you walked away. Sounds s little more exciting than my last crash, I got a picture some place of what was left of my '10 WRX hatch. Only had 4k miles loved that car

Back