FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
Found something in my photo stream at flicker forgot all about my last go around with a MR2 at Trial mountain in GT5...it didn't go well
11502489886_22bf703ee4_z.jpg

11502489596_eac39196e2_z.jpg

I fear similar results.
Street classics
14743127859_09ffbe8ed3_z.jpg

MR2 1600 G '86 FITT Tune 420pp

Last edited:
Ok, I'm done nail biting, I'm just going to throw you the keys and bid you good luck. If anyone wants to take this for a ride, I'm keen to know what you think. If you're signed up to test for this challenge, please wait until the appropriate deadline, likewise, if you're not signed up as a tester, please don't post any spoiler times for SSR5 or Twin Rings. Please wait until the tester deadline, thank you.

If you hear any muffled sounds from the boot, just turn the stereo up :mischievous:

{Cy}

"Body Bag" 510PP SM Tyres ABS1
Based on Lancer Evolution IX GSR Touring Car '05

2ajx9gk.jpg

Upload of pic of MR2 completed.
Side note i found one of the pictures of my first and last new car. rather what was left of it after a dim wit pulling 1000 lbs of hotshot piping in a blizzard going to fast hit us.
Rayray001.jpg

For the record everyone including the driver of the pickup walked away.

Last edited:
Upload of pic of MR2 completed.
Side note i found one of the pictures of my first and last new car. rather what was left of it after a dim wit pulling 1000 lbs of hotshot piping in a blizzard going to fast hit us.
View attachment 205393
For the record everyone including the driver of the pickup walked away.
Praise God! Looks ugly. Reminds me of when I was in a 30 car pile up in a white-out......luckily no one was hurt then either.

Praise God! Looks ugly. Reminds me of when I was in a 30 car pile up in a white-out......luckily no one was hurt then either.
It was, I was 3/4 way down a hill stopped behind said semi and cars lined up next to us due a spinout in front of us and I saw the truck come over the hill in my rear view, so we knew it was coming and nothing we do except wait for them to hit us. The hwy was closed for 5 hours cleaning up the wreak.
My wrx only had 3600 miles on it too :( thankfully had gap insurence on it.

Now to get the kid to sleep and get back to work on my road racer.

Sorry for asking a silly question, but is the idea to go buy the car specified, then tune it as per specs, then post lap times? Cheers!

Yep that's the idea Tom , just be aware that some tuners may use different wheel sizes or rigidity improvement , also your thoughts on how the car handled, and a rating of 1 to 10 ,I wouldn't post lap times untill after the testing date starts.
Have fun.

I'm keen to do some testing for the road racers if possible! Cheers!
I've added you to the list 👍

There is a list of tuners with tunes for the particular cars, as a tester it is your job to build the car exactly as specified by each tuner and then give them an equal amount of laps around the designated tracks in order to set a best lap time.

Please give each cars best time individually as well as a Drivers Choice score (0-10 how much you liked the tune), a little feedback would be appreciated but is not mandatory.

These lap times/drivers choice scores will be added up to find out which car was the fastest and which were the most fun at the end of the challenge

Please test at in arcade time trial mode with grip set to real
(Important) When buying the cars do not do an oil change or an engine rebuild as these are banned in FITT contests. You might need to buy two of each car because Body Rigidity Improvement is fitted to some peoples cars and this option cannot be removed once fitted. I will try and divide the entries into sections so its easier to see things such as Rim Size/Aero/Body Rigidity Improvement before you start.

Best of luck

Last edited:
Yep that's the idea Tom , just be aware that some tuners may use different wheel sizes or rigidity improvement , also your thoughts on how the car handled, and a rating of 1 to 10 ,I wouldn't post lap times untill after the testing date starts.
Have fun.

Just be aware Tom in the track settings where you change the grip to real , you will have to go back there every time you test as it reverts back to low when you exit.

Ok, next silly question, where do I find the settings to set the grip to real?
Was just explained in previous post. Thanks!
Grip reduction setting can be found in the 'Track Settings' menu once you've loaded up your desired track. It should be right next to 'Car Settings', along the bottom of the screen. Once you've got the menu up, scroll to the bottom and you'll find the setting 'Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge'. By default it is set to Low, you need to set it to Real 👍

Annoyingly, you'll have to do this every time, because it resets to Low once you exit the track...

{Cy}

Maybe my 86 it will be the only one here and maybe you will like it :lol: . And good to have many cars on challenge not all MR2 :sly:.
Agreed, I liked the 86 I just couldn't get it as fast as the other cars, I could get it really stable and great to drive but fast was never part of the equation for me, I look forward to testing yours, im sure it will get high dc marks .

Is it 1:19.xxx a good time on Egier by the 86 ? That what I could get out from it . That's why I said it's not fast but you will enjoy driving it specially in the 5th corner smooth and drivable with little drift to control and point it where you want .
1:19s are on the pace, do love an AE86 so i'm sure i'll enjoy driving it 👍

Back