FITT Italian Power & Fame, Two cars Two tracks. Finished, Congratulations to the winners!

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 328 comments
Apologies for a double post, but you all know I only do it if I think it's truly necessary...:mischievous:

FITT Italian Power & Fame
Car: Ferrari SP1 '08
Regulations:
Track:
Circuito di Roma (2.16mi / 24°C @ 16:30 / Sunny)

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5
Grip set to Real
DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission
---------------------------------

**I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism of a tune; it’s not meant to be an insult or a personal attack against that tuner, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**

-All tunes were ran for 2 sets of 8 consecutive laps. The fastest non-red lap time was recorded.
-This was a difficult event to judge, positions 3-12 can be easily switched around, but in my mind there are 2 tunes that truly stand out above the rest.

@Otaliema
Lap Time: 1:07.000
DC Rank: 11th Edit: 7.5
Impressions and feedback: I struggled getting to know this car. The front would slide on entry, and then the rear would slide on exit. If you found a rhythm with this car, you can drive fast, but that is tough to do with the rear spoiler set at max.

@coryclifford
Lap Time: 1:07.083
DC Rank: 7th Edit: 8.7
Impressions and feedback:
Good car, but that spoiler feels like a late addition. It has that weird push on corner exit caused by installing it. Transmission is not for auto users. 2nd gear loves to bounce off the limiter a few times before shifting, unfortunately there are 2 sections that I was forced to deal with it.

@OdeFinn
Lap Time: 1:07.450
DC Rank: 5th Edit: 9.0
Impressions and feedback: Solid tune. Little slow overall with a push on entry thru mid, but very easy to drive. The rear could get away form you with lots of steering input or getting into the higher RPMs of 2nd gear.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time: 1:08.048
DC Rank: 12th Edit: 7.3
Impressions and feedback: Couldn't put the power down on corner exit unless really easy with the throttle. And the rear liked to get unloaded over the crests causing slides. Both of these contribute to the slower times... That and it needs weight-watchers.

@xande1959
Lap Time: 1:06.611
DC Rank: 1st Edit: 9.8
Impressions and feedback: Wow, such a fast and stable car. Fun to drive, but also frustrating. It needs just a little bit of help with rotation, especially on the last turns. Most of the time I had to wait on the car knowing that if I applied throttle, I would hit the barrier. My fastest laps are due to me getting the rear wheels onto the outside kerb just enough to get the rear to come around a little. I know this is a lot for Google to translate for you, so just translate this...
Excellent job my friend!:bowdown::bowdown:
:cheers:

@shaunm80
Lap Time: 1:07.157
DC Rank: 4th Edit: 9.2
Impressions and feedback: Great tune. Little snug on long corners and the inside rear gets unloaded on hard accel. You can force it to take different lines and have success, except for the last chicane and turns... It's best to listen to the car, slow down, and go where "She" wants to go. Nicely done.👍
image.jpeg

@sinof1337
Lap Time: 1:07.091
DC Rank: 9th Edit: 8.2
Impressions and feedback: A nice tune, sounds a little off, but it did remind me of a hyperactive ferret!:lol: It can run consistent laps if you are cruising (mid-high 1:07's) but when pushed it seems to be a little more resistant. The only real draw back was it felt as if the front wheels didn't want to rotate at the same rate as the rear. As if the 2 halves of the car were fighting each other on apex thru exit.

Lionheart2113
Lap Time: 1:06.615
DC Rank: 3rd Edit: 9.3
Impressions and feedback: Lacks the front end agility that some of the others have, and the soft suspension is more noticeable as well. Pretty stable if driven with rhythm, but it needs more rotation to make it better.

@787bcgr
Lap Time: 1:07.480
DC Rank: 6th Edit: 8.8
Impressions and feedback: Reminds me of my tune, but without the sloppy suspension. Can be driven fast, but the rear can break away causing a weak launch. This car does have the best turn radius of the bunch and if timed right, the initial turn in was great. It did slide a lot at the bottom of the hill and was difficult to predict.

@fordlaser777
Lap Time: 1:06.682
DC Rank: 2nd Edit: 9.7
Impressions and feedback: Awesome tune.:bowdown: Rear can get away from you if you are heavy on the throttle, but brilliant car. The only thing, (and I am being picky...) like all cars with max rear aero, it was difficult to judge/correct the slides, especially at the bottom of the hill. There are more tenths to be gained there.

@ugabugaz
Lap Time: 1:06.822
DC Rank: 8th Edit: 8.5
Impressions and feedback: What an animal. Fast but loved to slide around on every turn. When done right, you felt like Super-Man, if done wrong...:scared: This car is just way over my driving skill to handle lap after lap.

@DaBomm4
Lap Time: 1:07.045
DC Rank: 10th Edit: 7.9
Impressions and feedback: A lot like Otaliema's car, but it was less abusive to the front tires on corner entry and a little easier to determine how the car was going to react when sliding.

Good job everyone!👍

Edit: Changed for 10 point scoring system.:dunce:

Last edited:
@Ridox2JZGTE
DC Rank: 12th
Impressions and feedback: Couldn't put the power down on corner exit unless really easy with the throttle. And the rear liked to get unloaded over the crests causing slides. Both of these contribute to the slower times... That and it needs weight-watchers.

Almost into the 1:07s :eek:, yeah, about the weight, the car had trouble losing it :P and I jacked up the car pretty high, that may be causing the slides. I'm happy with the rank :) Thank you 👍

@OdeFinn
DC Rank: 5th
Impressions and feedback: Solid tune. Little slow overall with a push on entry thru mid, but very easy to drive. The rear could get away form you with lots of steering input or getting into the higher RPMs of 2nd gear.

Thank you, solid is more than good review, tail happiness would be easily solved if I just had put those aero and wing parts on it.. :)

@xande1959
DC Rank: 1st
Impressions and feedback: Wow, such a fast and stable car. Fun to drive, but also frustrating. It needs just a little bit of help with rotation, especially on the last turns. Most of the time I had to wait on the car knowing that if I applied throttle, I would hit the barrier. My fastest laps are due to me getting the rear wheels onto the outside kerb just enough to get the rear to come around a little. I know this is a lot for Google to translate for you, so just translate this...

excellent work did you do to test this red horse, put one second on my fastest lap, I congratulate.:bowdown::cheers:

@shaunm80
DC Rank: 4th
Impressions and feedback: Great tune. Little snug on long corners and the inside rear gets unloaded on hard accel. You can force it to take different lines and have success, except for the last chicane and turns... It's best to listen to the car, slow down, and go where "She" wants to go. Nicely done.👍
Thank you for the great review and also the consistent lap time award. I am happy with the results and the way you adapted to the tune. Very nice work keeping the lap times that close throughout your testing session. Great job testing and all the times were very close. I can see this is quite difficult to score DC given that it is one car, one track too. Thanks for all the effort you put in!

Thanks for the good review @Lionheart2113 of my car :):cheers:.
It is a great tune and was a very tough decision between yours and xande.

Almost into the 1:07s :eek:, yeah, about the weight, the car had trouble losing it :P and I jacked up the car pretty high, that may be causing the slides. I'm happy with the rank :) Thank you 👍
Almost 1:07's... just ran out of laps. Any wheel spin and the lap was gone. Another run of 8 laps might have done it.

Thank you, solid is more than good review, tail happiness would be easily solved if I just had put those aero and wing parts on it.. :)
Or if I had a gas pedal as opposed to hammer thumbs!

excellent work did you do to test this red horse, put one second on my fastest lap, I congratulate.:bowdown::cheers:
I was hoping the lap time would make you proud. Great job again, and I will have an SP1 in my garage painted xande blue!

Thank you for the great review and also the consistent lap time award. I am happy with the results and the way you adapted to the tune. Very nice work keeping the lap times that close throughout your testing session. Great job testing and all the times were very close. I can see this is quite difficult to score DC given that it is one car, one track too. Thanks for all the effort you put in!
You were right about it being easy to drive, but you were wrong about not being able to push it. You can go beyond her limits, but certain areas you are just a passenger. So you were only half wrong :odd: :lol:

Apologies for a double post, but you all know I only do it if I think it's truly necessary...:mischievous:

Regulations:
Track:
Circuito di Roma (2.16mi / 24°C @ 16:30 / Sunny)

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5
Grip set to Real
DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission
---------------------------------

**I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism of a tune; it’s not meant to be an insult or a personal attack against that tuner, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**

-All tunes were ran for 2 sets of 8 consecutive laps. The fastest non-red lap time was recorded.
-This was a difficult event to judge, positions 3-12 can be easily switched around, but in my mind there are 2 tunes that truly stand out above the rest.

@Otaliema
Lap Time: 1:07.000
DC Rank: 11th
Impressions and feedback: I struggled getting to know this car. The front would slide on entry, and then the rear would slide on exit. If you found a rhythm with this car, you can drive fast, but that is tough to do with the rear spoiler set at max.

@coryclifford
Lap Time: 1:07.083
DC Rank: 7th
Impressions and feedback:
Good car, but that spoiler feels like a late addition. It has that weird push on corner exit caused by installing it. Transmission is not for auto users. 2nd gear loves to bounce off the limiter a few times before shifting, unfortunately there are 2 sections that I was forced to deal with it.

@OdeFinn
DC Rank: 5th

@Ridox2JZGTE
DC Rank: 12th

@xande1959
DC Rank: 1st

@shaunm80
DC Rank: 4th

@sinof1337
Lap Time: 1:07.091
DC Rank: 9th
Impressions and feedback: A nice tune, sounds a little off, but it did remind me of a hyperactive ferret!:lol: It can run consistent laps if you are cruising (mid-high 1:07's) but when pushed it seems to be a little more resistant. The only real draw back was it felt as if the front wheels didn't want to rotate at the same rate as the rear. As if the 2 halves of the car were fighting each other on apex thru exit.

Lionheart2113
Lap Time: 1:06.615
DC Rank: 3rd
Impressions and feedback: Lacks the front end agility that some of the others have, and the soft suspension is more noticeable as well. Pretty stable if driven with rhythm, but it needs more rotation to make it better.

@787bcgr
Lap Time: 1:07.480
DC Rank: 6th
Impressions and feedback: Reminds me of my tune, but without the sloppy suspension. Can be driven fast, but the rear can break away causing a weak launch. This car does have the best turn radius of the bunch and if timed right, the initial turn in was great. It did slide a lot at the bottom of the hill and was difficult to predict.

@fordlaser777
Lap Time: 1:06.682
DC Rank: 2nd
Impressions and feedback: Awesome tune.:bowdown: Rear can get away from you if you are heavy on the throttle, but brilliant car. The only thing, (and I am being picky...) like all cars with max rear aero, it was difficult to judge/correct the slides, especially at the bottom of the hill. There are more tenths to be gained there.

@ugabugaz
Lap Time: 1:06.822
DC Rank: 8th
Impressions and feedback: What an animal. Fast but loved to slide around on every turn. When done right, you felt like Super-Man, if done wrong...:scared: This car is just way over my driving skill to handle lap after lap.

@DaBomm4
Lap Time: 1:07.045
DC Rank: 10th
Impressions and feedback: A lot like Otaliema's car, but it was less abusive to the front tires on corner entry and a little easier to determine how the car was going to react when sliding.

Good job everyone!👍
Thank you for the drive. It's not the car I really wanted but it's the car I had.
Could you go back through and change the DC to the old style 10 point system please thank you.

Is the transmission used in this video the same as the one listed in your final tune?
Without 100% certainty, I'll say yes. I just sold the SP1 I tuned because it's a prize car in the latest seasonals, so I can't go look at it real quick. But, I'm pretty sure it's the same.

That said, sorry the transmission was a burden for ya. I usually try to think of the auto trans users, but I had a couple other things preoccupying my brain this time around and you guys got the short end of the stick. :D

Thank you for the drive. It's not the car I really wanted but it's the car I had.
Could you go back through and change the DC to the old style 10 point system please thank you.
Oh 🤬 I didn't see that we were going back to the old scoring system. This is going to make it that much closer.:eek: Let me grab a Fosters and I'll start sorting through it. Apologies.

Oh 🤬 I didn't see that we were going back to the old scoring system. This is going to make it that much closer.:eek: Let me grab a Fosters and I'll start sorting through it. Apologies.
No worries it was a last minute due to problems with the scoring when I went to make a blank.

Given all that has written @Lionheart2113 , I can not wait to try your Ferrari Sp1 .
Tuesday strongly !!!!!!
I don't know if you will take to my tune, (I hope you and others do:scared:) but the field does have tunes ranging across the spectrum. From novice to aliens, I see atleast a tune for everyone.

Without 100% certainty, I'll say yes. I just sold the SP1 I tuned because it's a prize car in the latest seasonals, so I can't go look at it real quick. But, I'm pretty sure it's the same.

That said, sorry the transmission was a burden for ya. I usually try to think of the auto trans users, but I had a couple other things preoccupying my brain this time around and you guys got the short end of the stick. :D
That's ok, we always get short straw.:P There are just a few sections were you are 1 if not 2 gears higher than what automatic puts me at, so that explains a huge amount on the launch and speed out of the turns. What about that spoiler??? How long did you tune with that on?

I had just got back from watching real cars race and wanted that look, so I bought the car, put on front n rear aero parts and wheels then painted it then the weight loss and carbon hood. Then power bits and transmission. Rest of the time was spent on tuning the LSD action and suspension at various tracks. A click here, a click there. Car is kinda meh overall. Meh/10

@Lionheart2113

Damn, I thought I made it easy to drive, that's a shame. It's not even the hot-lap, even looser special!
Your easy is a little different than us mortals mate.:sly: But still more testing to go. When I did luck out and put a lap together it was great and looked wicked awesome, but it is far beyond my driving ability having to do that lap after lap in a race format.

Your easy is a little different than us mortals mate.:sly: But still more testing to go. When I did luck out and put a lap together it was great and looked wicked awesome, but it is far beyond my driving ability having to do that lap after lap in a race format.

You're far too kind! I'm not that good but I do like a rotatable car. Might just be down to different controller setting preferences.

Wohoo, @Otaliema don't edit that post, I'll bookmark this for self pleasure...5th...ooh:embarrassed:
@Lionheart2113 times input.
Roma Lap Time
1 @xande1959 1:06.611 +00.000
2 @Lionheart2113 1:06.615 +0.004
3 @fordlaser777 1:06.682 +0.071
4 @ugabugaz 1:06.822 +0.211
5 @Otaliema 1:07.000 +0.389
Roma DC Score
1 @xande1959 9.80
2 @fordlaser777 9.70
3 @Lionheart2113 9.30
4 @shaunm80 9.20
5 @OdeFinn 9.00
Ferrari Power SP1 Roma
1:06.611; @xande1959's tune Driven By Lionheart2113
Most Consistent Lionheart2113 1.437
Fastest Average Lionheart2113 67.090
Had to "save" it..

@Lionheart2113 @Otaliema Exhaust Manifold was supposed to be stock, I think I forgot to change it from when I did the SP1.

6th gear is .973 for me, tried resetting and flipping the transmission again and that still came up as the max.

@Lionheart2113 @Otaliema Exhaust Manifold was supposed to be stock, I think I forgot to change it from when I did the SP1.

6th gear is .973 for me, tried resetting and flipping the transmission again and that still came up as the max.
Thanks.
Normally due to rules I'd say no change but as you didn't build it with it and the PL is set to not use it. Go a head and update the tune post to reflect the proper exhaust pipe.

You had to change the parts to get the transmission to work?
Hmm IIRC 0.100 final per .200 gear change. Might try adjust the final down 0.500 with listed parts
No I didn't change anything on the transmission, I just had to leave off Isometric Exhaust MANIFOLD in order to get all of the HP/PP/Torgue figures that were listed.

I think we've ran into this before, it's rare but...
image.jpeg

It's still .972 for me. It's not going to make a world of difference, it's still a nice rocket ship!

Edit:
Same thing just happened with @Onboy123 4th & 5th gear, I'm .001 away from reaching his numbers...

Last edited:
@Lionheart2113 Interesting. I don't have a issue with you running it as that(as you said, it really isn't going to affect anything), but I'll let @Otaliema make the final call there.
Its a good thing transmission numbers aren't that important in GT6 "The Real Driving Simulator".:lol::banghead: I just can't remember if it was a car issue or a game region issue.

Oh, and a side note to Testers of the Lambo...
Be careful as the Reventon is one of the cars that magically change the TCS back to 5 until you make 3 trips to a track...

Back